Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: <<...tap, tap...>> Is this thing on?  (Read 22327 times)

Jamfke

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
<<...tap, tap...>> Is this thing on?
« on: December 12, 2009, 03:09:35 pm »

Hello! Aloha! Konichiwa, and any other forms of greetings!

I just found your boards and thought I'd drop in to say hello. I'm glad to see BHB doing so well. I'll post more soon!

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: <<...tap, tap...>> Is this thing on?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 05:26:23 pm »

Hi Jamfke and welcome!  Glad to have you on the site.  I still recall fondly our little Gamma World game that you ran on Ronin's Boards  ;D

We're doing pretty good here with BHB (Oh, and I got your email and am interested :) ) How's your game/company doing?  Feel free to pimp it here too if you like.

I got to run for the moment, but I just wanted to say hi and welcome as soon as I noticed you had popped onto the site...

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 09:24:07 pm »

Hello Jamfke. I was wondering what game you wrote or published? Enquiring minds want to know. ;D I am Lady Zerka. Glad to meet ya! :D

Jamfke

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 11:48:10 pm »

Thanks! Things have been very slow of late. I took a few months off from gaming entirely over the summer. I just had to step back and collect myself. I have jumped back into the saddle now though, and I've been working to get the magazine back up to speed. Threat Record Issue #2 hit the OBS sites a week ago, and issues 3 and 4 are both underway.

@LadyZ, I have a lot of irons in the fire, but only a few have come out of the forge yet. A pair of my efforts, besides the magazine, was One Shot Adventures: Days of Knights, and a supplement dubbed Side Trek Scenarios: The Goblins of Blood Wood. Both were created for use with a system I cobbled together titled "Simple Sixes," a very generic system that is intended to help get folks into role playing. They are PDF only products so far, but I do plan to put them to print soon.

Threat Record began as a stand alone product using the 4C System rules set as a base. As I got into writing it up, I had the idea to turn it into a PDF only magazine with a bi-monthly publishing cycle. I released the first issue on June 1st of this year, and intended to release the second issue in August, but the real world decided to make me miserable for a bit, so I missed my release, and dropped gaming altogether. I started checking back in with all the forums I'd been visiting, and got out of my funk enough to finally finish the second issue and get it released, and here we are.

After doing some checking around, I decided that keeping TR dedicated solely to the 4C System wasn't going to cut it, if I wanted it to grow into anything that is. So, I'm expanding the magazine's coverage to include articles for just about any open gaming system, and independently published games. The magazine is going into print. I just received my first proof from the printer today, and after making a few tweaks on the cover it will be good to go. It is being printed in comic book format through an indie comic POD service, and the sample I received looks great (aside from the cover issues which were totally my fault).

Whew! That was some bit of posting! Sorry to have rambled on. Thanks for having me around.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 11:34:03 am »

Wow, that’s a pretty remarkable start, everything considered – I wish you the best in continuing to get things going and expanding your product.

So, as for articles for Threat Record, what types are you looking for?  Game Reviews?  NPC’s?  Adventures?  Other Stuff?

I’m certainly interested in offering something, as I’ll bet Thayan would be too.  Just need to know what you are looking for.

You are expanding from 4C to all systems then?  BTW, what is 4C?  I am not familiar with the system (or at least the acronym).

I tried to order Issue 2 off RPGNow, but had problems with my PayPal site.  I’ll definitely pick up Issue 3 (the first multi-system issue?) when you get it out.

For folks not in the know, here’s a link to Jamfke’s site :)

http://www.keckpublishing.com/

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 11:41:50 am »

Hey - I see you spying on Who's Online (I guess I'm busted too)   ;D

BZ

Jamfke

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 12:20:23 pm »

Any of the ideas you mentioned will be welcome additions to the magazine. I figure it would be a good place for you guys to show off some details of BHB and its supplements, maybe an adventure or two would be fun for folks to see. Ooh, or maybe a few bounties for players to hunt down would be cool.

4C, or 4 Color, is the retro-clone game system based on the old Marvel Superheroes FASERIP system from TSR back in the 80s. It used a colored action table for task resolution similar to the one we used in the Gamma World game over at Ronin's. 4C was designed to be used as a standalone system for supers gaming, but it can, and is being, developed to work with other genres. I myself am working on a Mecha game with 4C as a basis, and Tim Kirk/Silverlion Studios is putting his own twist on the system for a fantasy setting. I'll be play testing some of my ideas on the mecha game at a nearby mini-con at the end of January.

As for issue #2, I'll send you a comp copy of it after I post this.

Thanks for the site plug!

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 01:02:43 pm »

Ah yes, I should have guessed – I remember it now from Gamma World and of course the old Marvel Superheroes game.  Brings back fond memories of some of my very first gaming experiences.  I always played Night Crawler back then BTW  ;D

Thanks for the free copies of Threat Record (I had a little trouble with the coupon code, but finally did get the PDFs).  I’ll check them out and think of what I might be able to submit to you.

Give me a day or so and I’ll get back to you via your email address  :)

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2009, 01:06:05 pm »

Oh, and feel free of course to check out the site and post any questions, comments, or topics you might have  :)

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 10:02:19 am »

Nice choice of Avatar and a creepy one too  ;D

BZ

Jamfke

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 10:36:07 am »

Thanks. I like cats, and creepy ones are always fun. ;D

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009, 07:01:56 pm »

Hi Jamfke. Very impressive rap sheet. Sounds like you have some great ideas and good luck with your endeavors. Glad to have you around. ;D

Jamfke

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2009, 08:57:54 am »

Thank thee m'lady.

I wouldn't mind getting into some BHB gaming goodness sometime in the near future. I noticed that most of your PBP games haven't been active for a while. What would it take to get another one going?

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2009, 10:55:00 am »

Oh those ones are inactive because they were successfully completed  :)  The test spin section is there for folks to try a very simple senario (the one described in the sample combat and skill use thread, to see if they can do it better than Louise le Foom and Cold Rock Johnson).

They are single player and take about two to three weeks to finish if the posting rate is up.  As I know you're a decent PbP'er, I'd be happy to run one for you if you'd like - I'd even give you the option of playing either the sample senario or my new Mountain Man Mayhem adventure (which I designed to be a two hour convention demo adventure)...

Let me know  ;D

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2009, 10:57:16 am »

You know - if we can get enough support, we could even run the Mountain Man Mayhem (MMM) senario here as a multiplayer game (up to four players) - just a thought  :)

BZ

Jamfke

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2009, 11:41:50 am »

I like the sound of the Mountain Man Mayhem Multi-Player (MMMMP) idea, but I'd play it solo if we couldn't scrounge up enough interest.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2009, 03:53:21 pm »

I know it would work here for PbP and with an acronym of MMMMP, it will totally rock the house  ;D

Of course, as anxious as I am to play BHB, I think starting a PbP game of it in the next few days would be a mistake with the holiday demans on my wife and I.  Starting something, say next week (Sunday or Monady) would be fine though (and New Years day doesn't really cause a problem).

As for players, I know LadyZerka can support a 4-5 posts per week game.  I can email a few folks -to see if they are interested and able.  Do you have anyone able to make and keep a PbP commitment? 

As a regular-sized adventure takes about three months to PbP, I'd guess that MMM would run for about six weeks or so.  :)

BZ

Jamfke

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2009, 04:01:32 pm »

Yeah, Christmas is a bit of a strain on me too. I don't mind waiting. I've got a few Star Wars players that are very reliable, but I don't know how much they know about BHB. I'll check to see if there is any interest.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2009, 05:18:03 pm »

With the way I usually run PbP games (where I do all the rolling and explain how it works as I do so), having no clue about the game mechanics won't be a problem. 

If they are folks that like to RP, have some interest in the setting, and are willing to post reliably, then they are totally welcome  :)

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2009, 05:23:37 pm »

Hey guys. I will definetly play. I like the idea. We have 4 kids to get through Christmas, and then we can be somewhat sane again.   ::) Let me know where to sign up. :)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2009, 10:47:34 am »

Hey guys, check out our MMM thread in the PBP section  :)

BZ

Jamfke

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2009, 10:53:43 am »

Already chimed in! :D

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2009, 11:10:22 am »

Sweet  ;D

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2009, 05:36:47 pm »

When can we start such an adventure? After New Years day? I am game. ;D

Jamfke

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2009, 05:43:16 pm »

I'm fine with just about any date. It might be best if we wait until after New Years, that way more folks have a chance to get in on it. I do have one of my buddies checking out the forums to see if he'd be interested in playing. I'm sure he'll either sign up or let me know otherwise soon.

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2009, 06:01:08 pm »

That sounds very cool Jamfke. Winter blues will be brightened by a fun game. This is like February when football is over. This is the slow time between cons. I look forward to playing. ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up