Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Origins and GenCon 2010  (Read 153890 times)

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
Re: Origins and GenCon 2010
« Reply #300 on: August 03, 2010, 07:25:12 pm »

We are ready :)   I have a school power point project however in 3 hours. I have yet to begin because of preperation for Gen con. :)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 04, 2010, 05:02:43 am »

Off to Gen Con!  I'll post once or twice during the con but will give a full update on our return - see some of you there  ;D

BZ

Bounty BaboonBill

• BHB Insider
  • Bounty Head
  • Bebop Artist
    • View Profile
    • Check out ze art at Bill Werks Occassionally
« Reply #302 on: August 04, 2010, 10:27:56 am »

Huzzah! Drive safe!
Ape in Spaaaaaaace!

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 04, 2010, 12:21:54 pm »

Woohoo!  We made it  ;D  Just chilling out today and getting badges/tickets.  

Can't wait to ... GAME!!! ...  

;D ;D ;D ;D

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 04, 2010, 12:48:32 pm »

We made it , we did! ;D  I am about to fix a filet mignon steak cooked to perfection( Funkified grilled onions and pablano peppers for BZ  :P), cheesy dutch oven potatoes with bacon and cheddar cheese, corn on the cob, tossed salad and a cold drink for dinner. On an open fire of course YUMMY!!!!!!!! ;D

Going to the center later to pick up badge and look around a bit See you all soon :)

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 05, 2010, 07:35:17 am »

Nestor and BaboonBill..... I had a practice run with Ctholopy last night and you guys better look out  :o

I am gonna get ya... I hope we can play..... We went to Saltire Game store and picked up 2 total strangers to play and we had fun. I did lose but it won't happen again ;D

Did everyone make it in safe? Let us know if you can. Nestor, we need a way to get a hold of ya. PM us a cell number or post on the site if you can, we would love to hook up with ya. Bill, we will be calling ya :D

Bounty BaboonBill

• BHB Insider
  • Bounty Head
  • Bebop Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 05, 2010, 09:09:58 am »

Sounds good. Dave and I will be heading out for Indy bright and early tomorrow morning!
Ape in Spaaaaaaace!

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 08, 2010, 06:37:48 am »

Con is almost over  :( I can not wait to post some pictures I took and tell all what went on  ;D

Rbree

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 09, 2010, 03:28:51 pm »

Loved meeting you guys.... Madagascar penguins was da bomb...

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 10, 2010, 09:18:15 am »

Hi all - got back yesterday, but still unpacking today - will get on here later tonight and give a rundown  :)

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 10, 2010, 09:19:23 am »

Loved meeting you guys.... Madagascar penguins was da bomb...

We had an awesome group for that one!  Way much fun!  And I appreciate you switching PC's with your son - he made a fine Rico and you were tops with Kowalski  ;D

BZ

Rbree

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 10, 2010, 12:23:54 pm »

He was having trouble with Kowalski so it seemed like a good idea at the time...  I tend to think Maurice should have won the shirt though... I thought he was much funnier than I was.  And as an aside Nathan has pegged you guys as his favorite game at the con and want's a repeat session next year.  You even out scored Terrorworks... and they had Air soft guns.

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 10, 2010, 05:03:36 pm »

That is a title to be proud of! ;D I have to say, I had a blast playing with you guys. We definitely had a great bunch to play with. Your son was a great Rico! :) I have some pictures of that game I will be posting later. So glad to meet you guys and we will have to make a new adventure to play next year. Please keep in touch.  ;D

brucethelesser

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 10, 2010, 05:08:55 pm »

Well, Penguins of M was right up there with my best highlights of the con.  I enjoyed meeting each and every one of you.  Thanks again for the fun evening, even you "Maurice/Dave". 

On a side note, I'm sure Dave would appreciate you saying he deserved the T-shirt.  But it was a mutual admiration society and we felt it was only fitting the outcome of the "prize" came down to a die roll.

So, on a final note ya'll are great story tellers and I'm looking to spinning a yarn with ya down the road, don't cha know.

btl

FaePooka

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 10, 2010, 05:57:33 pm »

I had an awesome Con. All my games were filled with really cool players and we had a blast.

I just wish I had been able to see Lori more than one game and JP and RBree more than 3 minutes at the booth!!!

Next year I demand you guys ALL sign up for one of my games. This I command! Don't make me snake whip you!
Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: August 11, 2010, 09:07:14 am »

Hi all, here’s my Official Rundown™ for Gen Con 2010 –

Lady Z and I arrived Wednesday and picked up our badges.  Once again we were much glad that we had them mailed to us, as the Will Call Line was a monster.  I had to go to the GM Line to pick up my GM badge, but it was only two people long when I got there :)

All of our events were full and much swag (including many T-shirts) was given away.  The best part for me was not only getting to meet face-to-face some of the folks I’ve previously known only online, but getting to play with them too. 

I finally got to meet Thayan, Ronin84, and Rbree, as well as seeing FaePooka (sweet costume BTW, snake whip and all), Nestor, Bounty BaboonBill, and santoscaine again.  It was awesome playing with these guys and even cooler just getting to know them better over lunch ;D

I missed azhrei331, but we were both busy with our games – so azhrei331, let us know how Pantheon went  8)

I didn’t care much for our location in the Crowne Plaza with the train constantly rumbling through.  For 2011 I’m going to request all of our events be in the Hyatt Studios again like they were last year.

Lady Z got tons of cool pictures, some of which we will be posting in a thread here on the Comlink.  I still have to email out some swag and post the Brigands of Spider Wood Adventure on the site as well.

Overall, it was a great year for BHB and I look forward to doing it all again next year ;D

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 11, 2010, 09:09:08 am »

Well, Penguins of M was right up there with my best highlights of the con.  I enjoyed meeting each and every one of you.  Thanks again for the fun evening, even you "Maurice/Dave". 

On a side note, I'm sure Dave would appreciate you saying he deserved the T-shirt.  But it was a mutual admiration society and we felt it was only fitting the outcome of the "prize" came down to a die roll.

So, on a final note ya'll are great story tellers and I'm looking to spinning a yarn with ya down the road, don't cha know.

btl

It was great meeting and playing with you guys - you're welcome at my tables anytime  :)

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 11, 2010, 09:52:33 am »

Two awesome quotes from the games -

Nestor, when it looked like the group was quickly on its way to overplanning the heck out of the simple assault on Wong's Fortune Cookie Works in the Fortune Cookie Fix adventure, got everything back on track and changed the feel of the entire adventure by pointing out this sweet observation of BHB :

" Don't think Seal Team; think 'A' Team "

Lady Z in our Penguins of Madagascar Mythos Madness game, playing Private when the group was trying to defeat a monstrously mutated Darnell the Elephant - upon driving the penguins' pink dune buggy under the elephant :

Private:  “ I hit him in the ‘lucky charms.’ ”
Rico:  “ His private parts?!? ”
Private: “ Of course, ‘parts’ is my middle name… ”

Awesome ;D

BZ
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 11:38:09 am by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 11, 2010, 11:35:55 am »

Is it wrong that I want to totally dress up like Nestor with a safari jacket and pith helmet for next year's conventions?

;D

BZ
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 11:38:49 am by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 11, 2010, 02:44:33 pm »

Our Bigands of Spider Wood (i20 Fantasy adventure) is now available for download in This Thread.

Check it out - it comes complete with adventure, maps, PCs, & cheat sheets  :)

BZ

Bounty BaboonBill

• BHB Insider
  • Bounty Head
  • Bebop Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 11, 2010, 02:46:05 pm »

WTH?

JP, you should have tapped me for some character portraits! I'll do them for free!

:)
Ape in Spaaaaaaace!

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 11, 2010, 02:55:46 pm »

WTH?

JP, you should have tapped me for some character portraits! I'll do them for free!

:)

Sure if you're game  ;D  And I'd love to run this adventure for you guys sometime  :)

BZ

Nestor

• BHB Insider
  • Professional
  • Bringin' a gun to a knife fight...
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 11, 2010, 03:46:48 pm »

Is it wrong that I want to totally dress up like Nestor with a safari jacket and pith helmet for next year's conventions?

;D

BZ

Heh. You missed me wearing my spiffy red fez. My teen daughter insists I must cosplay as Sallah from Raiders of the Lost Ark next year.  ;D
Free-Floating Agent of Chaos. Reasonable Rates. Inquire Within.

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 11, 2010, 05:04:09 pm »

I am going to make a character like my avatar " The WENCHINATOR!" I am giong to dress like that. What do you think? Blue hair and all  ;D I just have to say, I had a great time this year at the con. Penguins was a blast. That is a good way to end a day...Humor! Fun! and Horror! What else is there in life? Time to look ahead to Con on The Cob!! I usually make my kids go with us. One each day. They hate it.... HEEE HEEE HEEE!!!!!  ;)

Elwyrm Blues

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 11, 2010, 11:57:33 pm »

Dave/Maurice here.  Being voted a tie with Kowalski is as good as a win in my book.  As for who gets the T-shirt, if I had mental powers and could have arranged for him to win with a roll of 11, as he had been doing all game long, that's exactly how I would have set it up.  It was the poetic cherry on top of my role-playing sundae.  But then maybe I DO have mental powers and arranged just that.  Mwah HA HA HA ha ha ha!  Y'all tell a great story and I look forward to gaming with you at future Gencons.  Be sure to give me a heads up next year, so I know what games to sign up for.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 12, 2010, 08:38:03 am »

Hi Dave and welcome to the Comlink  :)

You know that really obnoxious table, where everyone is laughing loudly and having a absolute blast, while all the other tables around it are trying to establish a dignified and dramatic atmosphere?

Yeah, that was totally us (and it was all your fault) hehehe ;)

I’ll be sure to post my list of submitted events again for the 2011 Con Season (including at least one humor parody) so everyone has a heads up again.

I’ll also be posting a few pics from GenCon here on the site today for folks to see  ;D

BZ

FaePooka

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 12, 2010, 01:35:08 pm »

Oh good news JP and Lori....

Jay and I will be at Con on the Cob this year. I forgot to mention it when I saw you last. We even got a booth in the exhibi hall! Jay will be pimping his forthcoming RPG Pantheon and we're 90% sure that we'll be selling Fat Dragon products as well.

So now you HAVE to come!
Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 12, 2010, 02:39:55 pm »

Oh good news JP and Lori....

Jay and I will be at Con on the Cob this year. I forgot to mention it when I saw you last. We even got a booth in the exhibi hall! Jay will be pimping his forthcoming RPG Pantheon and we're 90% sure that we'll be selling Fat Dragon products as well.

So now you HAVE to come!

Sweet  ;D  We had already planned on it this year but have not yet registered.  RBree suggested a conflicting con in WV this year, but due to the fact we can stay at home and travele to Con on the Cob each day means we'll have to stay local this year.  We'll be there Thursday, Friday, and Saturday  :)

I'll likely run Most if not all of the same games I ran at Origins and GenCon this year - look forward to seeing you there  :)

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 12, 2010, 03:40:01 pm »

I am looking forward to it as well. Small Con, but interesting  ;D

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 14, 2010, 10:11:53 am »

As Promised, Our Mountain Man Mayhem BHB Adventure is now available for download in This Thread.

Check it out - it comes complete with adventure, maps, PCs, & cheat sheets  :)

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: August 16, 2010, 02:31:57 pm »

Let us know if someone plays it for the first time or again :)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up