Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Origins and GenCon 2010  (Read 149784 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Origins and GenCon 2010
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2010, 04:42:17 pm »

Hey, If you don't get a chance to get in on our Penguins of Madagascar game on the regular signups, Lady Z and I will consider running it as an open gaming event on Sunday for you if you like.

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2010, 10:14:10 pm »

That would be fun. :)

Bounty BaboonBill

• BHB Insider
  • Bounty Head
  • Bebop Artist
    • View Profile
    • Check out ze art at Bill Werks Occassionally
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2010, 12:26:24 pm »

Hellsyeah. I will see what we can register for beforehand..
Ape in Spaaaaaaace!

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2010, 10:11:06 pm »

Sweeeeet! Can't wait to see folks again. We are definetly looking forward to going to the cons this year. It gets better each time. :) About 150 days til Gen-Con. YAY!!!!! ;D

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2010, 08:53:31 am »

Still waiting for Origins to get their act together this year - at least now it looks like they will have online services available after their Gama Trade Show.  I'll still go no matter what, but i wish they had done a smoother job of things this year.  Hopefully, once this is all in place, next year will be good to go  :)

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2010, 12:16:29 pm »

The Origins website is finally up - http://www.originsgamefair.com/

No registration, badges, or anything that requires fine-tuning until after the trade show though (no point getting it wrong now, when you’d be too busy to address it properly).

But I am glad to see they’ve finally given us something to work with  :)

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2010, 10:15:03 am »

So, who's making it to Origins besides me and Lady Z?  Anyone?  Anyone?...

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2010, 08:40:18 pm »

I am so looking forward to going away. Origins is my first real vacation of the year. I can't stand my job so this is definitely worth the anxiety ;D

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2010, 07:44:50 pm »

Check this thread http://www.bountyheadbebop.com/forum/index.php?topic=269.0 for a list of what  azhrei331 is running at GenCon  :)

BZ

azhrei331

• Outlaw
    • View Profile
    • The Lonely Die
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2010, 02:05:06 am »

Thanks for helping out with the pimp job, BZ.  Faepooka and i are prepped and ready for August.  hopefully we'll get some solid face time with you guys this year!
It's game time...do you know where your d12's are? www.lonelydie.com

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2010, 05:21:02 pm »

I want to sign up for Faepooka's game of Conan. I enjoyed the last one. It is just not complete without part II. :) We hope to meet up with up with you guys as well. Nestor is running a game I also want to check out. Less than 3 months. LET THE CON's BEGIN!!!!!!!!!! ;D

FaePooka

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2010, 05:26:09 pm »

You ask and I respond! Event registration opens THIS Sunday!! So if you don't have your badges you'd better buy them NOW to make sure your account is set up and ready to go. The event listing was released this week. Here's the event ID's and info for all my sessions:

I am running 4 sessions of Conan. They are all in the Hyatt.

Thursday : RPG1009068  Do You Have A Flag?     2pm to 6pm       This session is a Generics Only/Ladies Only session. For girls who maybe are new to RPG's or just would like a game with other ladies.   All other sessions are open and ticketed as normal.

Thursday:  RPG1009069  Do You Have A Flag?    8pm to midnight

Friday : RPG1009141     A Gross Affair In Argos      10am to 2pm

Saturday : RPG1009143    A Gross Affair In Argos    Noon to 4pm
Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2010, 11:54:09 am »

Okay, I'm starting to set down my GM schedule for GenCon.

At this point, I'm on the board for four slots: Thursday 8AM-12PM, Thursday 4PM-8PM, Friday 8PM-12AM, and Sunday 8AM-12PM. Don't know yet what I'm running, but based on my previous HEX exploits, it should rock.

I purposefully left my schedule open so I can try to get on a number of your games. We'll see what I get in on  once registration starts. Expect to see quite a bit of me!  ;D

Got any event numbers for these yet Nestor?

BZ

Nestor

• BHB Insider
  • Professional
  • Bringin' a gun to a knife fight...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2010, 01:54:12 pm »

Okay, I'm starting to set down my GM schedule for GenCon.

At this point, I'm on the board for four slots: Thursday 8AM-12PM, Thursday 4PM-8PM, Friday 8PM-12AM, and Sunday 8AM-12PM. Don't know yet what I'm running, but based on my previous HEX exploits, it should rock.

I purposefully left my schedule open so I can try to get on a number of your games. We'll see what I get in on  once registration starts. Expect to see quite a bit of me!  ;D

Got any event numbers for these yet Nestor?

BZ

Not yet, but I did put the word out to get some more info. I just generally run what EGS sets up.

If registration goes into gear before I get an answer, just look for sessions using "Hollow Earth Expedition" as the game system.
Free-Floating Agent of Chaos. Reasonable Rates. Inquire Within.

Nestor

• BHB Insider
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2010, 05:43:34 pm »

Okay, I'll be running The Nemo Diaries on those slots. HEX goes Victorian! To save you the trouble, here's the synopsis of the run:

Experience the thrill of Hollow Earth Expedition in the time of Sherlock Holmes. A few zealots believe that Nemo was not a work of fiction. Those same people are willing to do anything to possess the work found in the diaries. Can you survive the London social scene, a Jules Verne inspired high jacking, dealings with a shadowy underground figure, and an auction filled with the most despicable criminals the London underworld has ever spawned?

The event numbers are, in chronological order: RPG1013550, RPG1013552, RPG1013553, and RPG1013554.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 05:46:33 pm by Nestor »

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2010, 09:22:21 pm »

I will check it out . Thanks for the info. :)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2010, 06:49:02 pm »

Wow - Gen Con registration is live and most of the best events are already sold out AND I haven't even had a chance to log on myself yet  :P

BZ

FaePooka

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2010, 09:09:28 pm »

Event reg has been very problematic and painful this year. I am still waiting for them to fix the checkout errors so I can buy what events I managed to get after almost 2 hours of trying.

Blargh!

BUT I am happy and SHOCKED that all my open Conan events sold out in the first 2 hours of reg going live! Wow. Makes me a little more nervous now.

LadyZ do not fear, bring a couple generics to my game , I'm sure there will be no shows. If a miracle happens and all 6 players show up I will bring an extra character so that you can play no matter what!

Long live favoritism!!!

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2010, 12:24:15 pm »

Thanks Faepooka. I enjoyed playing last year. It is great to have connections in high places  ;) I look forward to it. Generics it is !!!!!!!

Bounty BaboonBill

• BHB Insider
  • Bounty Head
  • Bebop Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2010, 12:08:18 am »

Holy crow things went fast! Dave and I haven't even sat down to register for events yet and most of them got snapped up! We are both going to be there and Dave's wifey is coming along too! If there's room at the table for one of your evening BHB events, BZ, we three will be there with generic tickets in in hand.

Cthopoly calls to me too..

I am also hip deep in writing a game myself, based on FATE/Diaspora. Mebbe I can lob some text at you and/or we could sit down for a character building session, if any of you fine BHB folk have the time. It originally started as a Diaspora/Amber Diceless mash-up, but have since then filed off the Amber serial numbers, changesd the powers, and made it my own thing. We've had one sit down session of character building for the first iteration, and all three guys liked how it went along. Now that I have taken out the Amber references, it might be much more accessable for the non-Zelazny fans.

Hopefully next week I will have a second character building session with a larger group and we'll see how that goes. :D

How many months/years did you work on BHB before making the jump to publication?
Ape in Spaaaaaaace!

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2010, 09:11:11 am »

How many months/years did you work on BHB before making the jump to publication?

Hey, Triple B (BBB AKA Bounty BaboonBill)  ;D

Your post deserves a solid answer (which I'll get to later tonight), but in short for now, two things -

One: we started the dream in 2003 and finally published in the later end of 2008 - so five years - ouch!  But then I was holding out for the CB License and when that was clearly not going to happen, things actually went pretty fast (published within a year)  :)

Second: Do you and yours want me to run a pick up game of Penguins of Madagasgar Mythos Madness on Sunday (Morning or Afternoon)?

And Cthopoly is good to go as well  :)

BZ

Nestor

• BHB Insider
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2010, 11:54:58 am »

I'm in the same boat as Baboon Bill.  :(

A proposal effort at my company dragged me into a dark dark hole and only let me see the light of day yesteday. I went to the site and found pretty much every run I was interested in playing in sold out. Blecch!  :P

I'll try to make it to at least one of the sessions with generic tix in hand and soulful puppy-dog eyes.  ;)

Rbree

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2010, 01:37:55 pm »

Hi,  I along with my son were two of the Lucky ones to get into the Madagascar game. It was his #1 pick this year... we were talking about it last night and he says I need to start watching the peguins so I can get my cahracterizations down.  He says I do a decent skipper but my Kilwolski is lacking.  Thanks for running this...

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2010, 02:09:38 pm »

Hi Rbree and welcome to the Comlink!

I look forward to running games and meeting folks at the Cons this year (especially because it's neat to finally put a face with a name that you may have been familiar with online for years but never met in person)  :)

Also, while you are here, feel free to check out all the nifty stuff we have here on the Comlink or to just run amuck if you like   ;D

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2010, 02:13:02 pm »

I'm in the same boat as Baboon Bill.  :(

A proposal effort at my company dragged me into a dark dark hole and only let me see the light of day yesteday. I went to the site and found pretty much every run I was interested in playing in sold out. Blecch!  :P

I'll try to make it to at least one of the sessions with generic tix in hand and soulful puppy-dog eyes.  ;)

I know you were running an 8:00AM Sunday game, but what did you plan on doing after that?  Heading out early or trying to squeeze one more game in?  Lady Z and I are easily talked into running a game for you guys if we can find an agreeable timeframe.

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2010, 02:20:03 pm »

Hi,  I along with my son were two of the Lucky ones to get into the Madagascar game. It was his #1 pick this year... we were talking about it last night and he says I need to start watching the peguins so I can get my cahracterizations down.  He says I do a decent skipper but my Kilwolski is lacking.  Thanks for running this...

Oh, I almost forgot - you can check out the characters we will be using for the Madagascar Game HERE  ;D

BZ

Nestor

• BHB Insider
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2010, 02:57:34 pm »

I'm in the same boat as Baboon Bill.  :(

A proposal effort at my company dragged me into a dark dark hole and only let me see the light of day yesteday. I went to the site and found pretty much every run I was interested in playing in sold out. Blecch!  :P

I'll try to make it to at least one of the sessions with generic tix in hand and soulful puppy-dog eyes.  ;)

I know you were running an 8:00AM Sunday game, but what did you plan on doing after that?  Heading out early or trying to squeeze one more game in?  Lady Z and I are easily talked into running a game for you guys if we can find an agreeable timeframe.

BZ

I plan to stay Sunday night and head back on Monday. Traditionally, I hang around the Dealer's Hall until closing, doing some last-minute shopping and helping the EGS guys take down the booth afterwards. But I could be convinced to do one more game instead. ;)

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2010, 08:46:23 pm »

I absolutely can not wait to see everyone again.  ;D I also would like to meet new folks as well.  :)

Bounty BaboonBill

• BHB Insider
  • Bounty Head
  • Bebop Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2010, 09:45:36 pm »

A Sunday morning game might be quite agreeable, since I believe we are staying overnight at a nearby hotel Saturday.

EDIT: We're not sure if it will be a Friday to Saturday overnight or Saturday to Sunday. It depends on Dave's (Santos Caine) wife's work schedule.

I will bend to whatever schedule that allows us all to game together again! I'm as excited as LadyZ!
Ape in Spaaaaaaace!

Nestor

• BHB Insider
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2010, 09:50:15 pm »

Hey, I caught a seat in the Fortune Cookie Fix game, so I'll get a chance to see y'all there at least.

santoscaine

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2010, 10:12:07 pm »

I'll see if Christy's up for a Saturday/Sunday stay! As long as I get to play a scene in which Santos uses ALL THE AMMO!

Nestor

• BHB Insider
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2010, 06:10:25 am »

I'll see if Christy's up for a Saturday/Sunday stay! As long as I get to play a scene in which Santos uses ALL THE AMMO!

"For the last time, man! Plan B is NOT Plan A with more explosives!"

;D

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2010, 09:41:29 am »

Hey, I caught a seat in the Fortune Cookie Fix game, so I'll get a chance to see y'all there at least.

Awesome  ;D

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2010, 10:04:01 am »

If you can swing a Saturday/Sunday stay, then Sunday is open for morning or afternoon for me to run any of my games you choose.  You want a lead flying firefight from start to finish, then Don't Spare The Lead is the one for you.  Fortune Cookie Fix also has a nifty firefight at the end, after an investigation heavy first half.  If you want zany horror humor (but alas, no lead - though there are flamethrowers and iron bombs) - my Penguins/Cthulhu is the ticket.

If you cant do the Sunday thing, then I suggest grabbing up the last 3 tickets for Fri 08:00:00AM Mountain Man Mayhem (RPG1008461) and I'll make sure it ends with a bang  ;D

Just let me know -

BZ

Rbree

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2010, 12:23:44 pm »

Nestor if you can swing it try to Drop by the Penguin game on Saturday try to get in with a generic...  It would be fun to play with you in game.

Nestor

• BHB Insider
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2010, 04:18:33 pm »

Nestor if you can swing it try to Drop by the Penguin game on Saturday try to get in with a generic...  It would be fun to play with you in game.

I'll certainly try. I actually have the slot free, since I couldn't find anything available. :)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2010, 07:23:48 pm »

I'll certainly try. I actually have the slot free, since I couldn't find anything available. :)

If a space opens up you are definitely first in line (though I do have to stick with six players on the Penguins game).  My other games can handle up 7 or even 8, so I can usually squeeze more seats into those.

BZ

Nestor

• BHB Insider
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2010, 10:13:40 pm »

If a space opens up you are definitely first in line (though I do have to stick with six players on the Penguins game).  My other games can handle up 7 or even 8, so I can usually squeeze more seats into those.

BZ

Thanks. If worse comes to worse, I'll sit around and enjoy the show. Who knows? I could even play a minor villain. The Cthonic Walrus-Ho-Tep, perhaps?  ;D

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2010, 07:38:51 am »

The Cthonic Walrus-Ho-Tep, perhaps?  ;D

Wait - how'd you know?!?  ;) ;D

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2010, 07:41:20 am »

On a side note, the Gen Con forum went down last night, literally seconds before I hit post on a rather long reply to one particular thread.  Fortunately, I had just copy/pasted it from word, so I saved a copy and will be able to post it when the sites come back up.

BZ

Nestor

• BHB Insider
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2010, 08:07:20 am »

The Cthonic Walrus-Ho-Tep, perhaps?  ;D

Wait - how'd you know?!?  ;) ;D

BZ

Because, sir, I know you to be a possessor of a mind not merely twisted but actually sprained.  ;D

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2010, 11:57:48 am »

I think all of you have a twisted sense of humor. The best part is ..... I LOVE IT!!!!!!! ;D

I would like to play penguins... that Sunday game idea might be a plan. Who all can play again possibly?..... ???

santoscaine

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2010, 02:03:31 am »

"For the last time, man! Plan B is NOT Plan A with more explosives!"

;D

Plann B?!? Hell! (furiously jacks more rounds into various chambers) I'm already on Plan H!

santoscaine

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2010, 02:04:18 am »

Oh, and it looks like Sat/Sun FTW.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2010, 02:57:51 pm »

Oh, and it looks like Sat/Sun FTW.

SWEET !!!  ;D

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2010, 09:18:56 pm »

Name the time and place, I will be there. ;D

FaePooka

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2010, 12:10:36 pm »

sorry I cannot join in your GenCon Sunday funtime madness. I will be working the exhibit hall all day. You gotta come by the booth and say Hiyas!

Nestor

• BHB Insider
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2010, 05:19:07 pm »

sorry I cannot join in your GenCon Sunday funtime madness. I will be working the exhibit hall all day. You gotta come by the booth and say Hiyas!

Pardon my blatant ignorance and chronic cluelessness, but which booth will that be?

FaePooka

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2010, 09:39:02 pm »

Ooops, sorry, thought I mentioned that.

It's the Fat Dragon booth. They sell 2d and 3d build your own sets. Like towns, dungeons, etc etc etc. they have TONS of stuff. You buy the disc or download and then print out what you want to make on cardstock. Cut, fold, glue, and you have insta props! If you haven't seen them before make sure to stop by and check it out. ;)

I'll be helping work the booth from 11am to around 4. Hopefully I may even be in a costume of some sort if I get the time and funds  :D

Nestor

• BHB Insider
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2010, 09:42:35 pm »

Ooops, sorry, thought I mentioned that.

It's the Fat Dragon booth. They sell 2d and 3d build your own sets. Like towns, dungeons, etc etc etc. they have TONS of stuff. You buy the disc or download and then print out what you want to make on cardstock. Cut, fold, glue, and you have insta props! If you haven't seen them before make sure to stop by and check it out. ;)

I'll be helping work the booth from 11am to around 4. Hopefully I may even be in a costume of some sort if I get the time and funds  :D

Oh! Yeah, I know those guys! They've made stuff for Hollow Earth Expedition. A drill machine and some Nazi robots. I bought the drill machine but I'm too clumsy to put those things together. :)

I take it you're talking Sunday. Or will you be helping out the whole weekend?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up