Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cowboy Bebop Ship Weapons  (Read 13275 times)

Thlaylie

• BHB Titan
  • Small Fry
    • View Profile
Cowboy Bebop Ship Weapons
« on: December 31, 2009, 05:43:17 am »

Does anyone know what weapons the Swordfish II and Redtail would be armed with in BHB? For example, the Redtail has dual 30mm rotary cannon and there is not an entry for this weapon? The Swordfish II has a Plasma Cannon, but unless it's the illegal Military one? All the other weapons are Police or Military and prohibited?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 02:33:05 am by Thlaylie »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Cowboy Bebop Ship Weapons
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 10:36:35 am »

Hi Thlaylie,

From what I’ve seen, I’d have to say that the Bebop crew wasn’t too concerned about the legality of their weapon systems (beyond the Bebop itself being legit) ;)

That said, the Military Plasma Cannon (name aside) is the template for plasma cannons in the BHB game, so it’s up to the GM as to who could legally have access to one; “Yes officer, I have my ‘BFG Permit’ right here.”  But really, just because it says police or military, doesn't mean the PCs cant get one.  And besides, having illegal contraband adds to the fun of the game  ;D

For the Redtail’s 30mm, you could go with an existing weapon or stat up a new one.  For existing, you have to decide if you want spent shells trailing through space or not as standard ammo uses shells, while caseless does not.  I’d recommend the Dual-Linked 20mmC Military Rotary Ship Guns if you are not worried about the exactness.

For stating up a new weapon, I’d suggest something like the following:

30mm Military Rotary Cannon 0; by ammo; νM/§PB; 3,000i; BF,AF,SF,SX,A1; M15/6m; 400,000

With the following ammo options:

30mmL Standard (only if the weapon is vintage or homemade) 18L; M15/1m; Crate (1000) 40,000
30mmL Armor Piercing 18L AP; M15/1m; Crate (1000) 50,000
30mmL Detonating 18L♠; M15/1m; Crate (1000) 52,000
30mmC Caseless Armor Piercing 20L AP; M15/1m; Crate (1000) 60,000
30mmC Caseless Detonating 20L♠; M15/1m; Crate (1000) 65,000

To answer you other question, I’d say that the ships had the following weapons systems:

Swordfish II
Military Plasma Cannon
Dual-Linked Police Ship Guns
Sunflares
Chaff Defense
And the occasional Air-to-Air Missile or two

Redtail
Dual-Linked 20mmC Military Rotary Ship Guns (OR) Dual-Linked 30mm Military Rotary Cannons
Mini Missiles (if I recall correctly)
Probably Sunflares & Chaff Defense

Hope this helps :)

BZ

« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 02:10:20 pm by BerkaZerka »

Thlaylie

• BHB Titan
  • Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 02:23:58 am »

Thanks BerkaZerka,

That's Awesome! Definitely Helps!

Would the Starfish II's Dual-Linked Police Ship Guns be Quad linked? There are 4 all together, two per wing. Or would Spike just fire one wing or the other's guns? (they are kind of far apart)

The Redtail had Mini-Missiles, that one was easy. I love how in Anime you get a multitude of blossoming missiles on different trajectories.

I was in the Air Force as a mechanic and certain planes actually stored their spent casings for recovery upon landing so all weapons are of possible ship use.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 02:26:53 am by Thlaylie »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 05:20:55 pm »

Would the Starfish II's Dual-Linked Police Ship Guns be Quad linked? There are 4 all together, two per wing. Or would Spike just fire one wing or the other's guns? (they are kind of far apart)

Oh yeah, you're right - they'd be Quad-Link :)

I was in the Air Force as a mechanic and certain planes actually stored their spent casings for recovery upon landing so all weapons are of possible ship use.

That makes sense ('cause it saves brass), though in the CB series, they made a point to show the trail of shells streaming out of the guns as they were fired  ;D

BZ

Thlaylie

• BHB Titan
  • Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 08:54:07 am »

Awesome!

I would be more worried about the damage of colliding with those casings at speed seeing the ships don't have deflectors.  :o

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 11:54:58 am »

Yeah, that's anime sci-fi physics for ya, hehehe  ;D

BZ
Pages: [1]   Go Up