Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Psychics  (Read 10575 times)

Bloodwork

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
Psychics
« on: January 03, 2010, 07:14:26 am »

How prolific are psychics and what are the attitudes towards them? Does the average Joe even realise they exist?

And how about about Feng-Shui? It seems like most people know of it but do they realise the extent of it's power?

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Psychics
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 01:39:54 pm »

Good question Bloodwork :)

In the setting, the mundane aspects of Feng-Shui are pretty common (everyone knows there is good and bad Feng-Shui).  Feng-Shui Masters are a little less common – those that actually have real Feng-Shui powers, beyond being able to lay your home out in a manner conducive to good chi.  Feng-Shui Masters with Gatestones are even more rare.  All Feng-Shui practitioners (real or imagined) are generally treated with high esteem.  Most folks believe Feng-Shui Masters have real powers, though they are usually unaware of the negative side of Feng-Shui (Discord).

Psychics are another matter.  Everyone knows about them, but beyond ‘Phone-a-Psychic Hotlines’ and the occasional ‘Faith Healer’ – Psychics of real power are so rare that the common man believes in them with about as much conviction as they do in aliens, ghosts, or Santa Claus.

The government however, not only believes, but in a conspiracy-worthy manner, actually tries to gather, create, and control Psycics in secret facilities.  Most folks do not realize that the government takes ‘Psychic Research’ so seriously, but a search on the Net will turn up all sorts of info on government research centers, dedicated to Psychic studies.

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 10:05:44 pm »

I believe the most powerful character I ever played is a Hexslinger. I have gone crazy trying though  ??? It is a lot of fun to play though. ;D

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 09:03:21 am »

Right Lady Z, but it is the Psychic that goes bonkers.  The Hexslinger (a magic using archetype, not officially out yet) burns up his Vitality and Wound Points  :)

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 02:53:26 pm »

Thats true. I am mixed up a bit. ::) ??? I have played both and liked each one. It seems I remembered almost dying or I might have died. Anyhoo, I look forward to playing a Feng- Shui master. That is fun as well. ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up