Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Con On The Cob 2010  (Read 37122 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Con On The Cob 2010
« on: August 16, 2010, 10:19:50 am »

Con On The Cob - October 14 - 17, Hudson Ohio

Lady Z and I will be going to Con On The Cob again this year.  Last year we found out about the con from Ian (the QAGS guy) and went to discover a well supported and goofy yet fun con which is pretty much local to us.  The registration is easy on the budget and you don't pay to play (your badge is inclusive).  It's not as big as Origins (let alone GenCon), but is the biggest 'Small Con' I've ever attended with it's own dealer space and a completely Awesome Art oriented show/theme/events (And excellent gaming of course  ;D ).

Anyway, I'm working on submitting my events today and will post a list here as soon as it's a go  :)

BZ
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 11:11:53 am by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Con On The Cob 2010
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 10:22:14 am »

Anyone else going?  ;D

(azhrei331 & FaePooka, are you running any of the Pantheon events?)

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 10:43:16 am »

Oh, and this is also the only convention I've ever seen that offers a free "food" bar  ;D

BZ

FaePooka

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 11:53:40 am »

Yeah Jay will be running Pantheon demos as much as possible. I will be manning the booth while he does that so come by to say Hi please!

I have heard tales of the awesome parties that happen there, I'm looking forward to those! Don't know how much gaming I will be able to fit in....we'll see what the booth schedule looks like.
Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 12:12:23 pm »

I was wondering how you were going to juggle the booth and demos - and don't worry, we'll see ya there  :)

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 12:18:39 pm »

Here's what I have submitted for Con On the Con this year  :)

Con On The Cob Submitted Events

Thursday 4-8pm
Call of PikaChulu
Join Ash, Misty, Brock, and Pikachu as they investigate the origins of a truly odd Pokemon captured by Professor Oak. A humorous adventure of cuddly madness and doom. Come play i20 Horror with the Creator of the Bounty Head Bebop RPG.

Friday 12-4pm
Did Somebody Say Zombies?
When the ship gets trapped in Jupiter’s gravitational pull, quick thinking allows it to crash-land on IO - but something very weird is going on... Come play Bounty Head Bebop with its Creator and experience the fast-paced solar system spanning game of anime-style bounty hunting in space.

Friday 4-9pm
Brigands of Spider Wood  
Brigands are holed-up in the old dwarven stronghold north of Spider Wood. Legend claims a vast treasure is hidden there. Can you defeat the brigands and discover the treasure before they do? Come play i20 Fantasy with the Creator of the Bounty Head Bebop RPG.

Saturday 12-4pm
Penguins of Madagascar Mythos Madness
Lions and tigers and tentacles, oh my! Something stirs in New York’s Central Park; its smoky tendrils of evil even now seeping into the adjacent Zoo - home to those covert commando penguins; Skipper, Private, Kowalski, and Rico. Can they fight back the Mythos and save the world? Come play i20 Horror with the Creator of the Bounty Head Bebop RPG.

Saturday 5-10pm
Velociraptor Rhapsody  
When the Bounty Head is a mad Geneticist known for his work in cloning reptiles - you know things won’t be boring. Come play Bounty Head Bebop with its Creator and experience the fast-paced solar system spanning game of anime-style bounty hunting in space.

BZ
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 09:51:36 am by BerkaZerka »

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 02:38:14 pm »

I have to get a badge this week. I get one for me and one for the girls. As I said somewhere else, we take or should I say make the girls pick a day to go with us. My birthday is Saturday the 16th and what a better way to spend it than gaming with family and friends. A trip to Korea would be nice but this runs a close second  ;) I hope all that can be there will make it. See ya there ;D

Rbree

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 03:41:32 pm »

No Con on the Cob for me though it sonunds like fun... It just happens to fall the week before our Fall Break.   Any chance you guys will make it to Penta Con in FT Wayne or Hoosier Con in Indy?

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 05:22:10 pm »

Wow, so many cons, so little cash  ;D

Penta Con looks interesting, but it’s not only going to fall on the weekend of me & Lady Z’s Anniversary, but we're all out of traveling cash after Con on the Cob.  But one never knows what next year will bring  :)

I didn't see any web info for Hoosier Con however...

BZ

Rbree

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 09:57:57 pm »

Probably because I misspelled it...  WHosyercon  http://www.whosyercon.com/whosyercon/wycms/Â

FaePooka

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 11:23:29 pm »

I wish we could go to WYC!! I've been wanting to go so bad but next march Jay's sister is getting married in florida the weekend after it. So talk about not having the money or vacation time to go!

We may try to come down just for a day or so if we find crash space for little to no $$. Not likely but we'll see.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 08:25:18 am »

Probably because I misspelled it...  WHosyercon  http://www.whosyercon.com/whosyercon/wycms/Â

Ooooh, a Con in March...  Might be able to pull something like that off...  We'll have to see closer to the month, but it has potential...

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 08:18:17 pm »

March is usually a good month for us  ;D

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 09:54:31 am »

I've got a green light and start times for all but my last event, which is pending...

Con On The Cob Scheduled Events

Thursday 4-8pm
Call of PikaChulu
Join Ash, Misty, Brock, and Pikachu as they investigate the origins of a truly odd Pokemon captured by Professor Oak. A humorous adventure of cuddly madness and doom. Come play i20 Horror with the Creator of the Bounty Head Bebop RPG.

Friday 12-4pm
When the ship gets trapped in Jupiter’s gravitational pull, quick thinking allows it to crash-land on IO - but something very weird is going on... Come play Bounty Head Bebop with its Creator and experience the fast-paced solar system spanning game of anime-style bounty hunting in space.

Friday 4-9pm
Brigands of Spider Wood  
Brigands are holed-up in the old dwarven stronghold north of Spider Wood. Legend claims a vast treasure is hidden there. Can you defeat the brigands and discover the treasure before they do? Come play i20 Fantasy with the Creator of the Bounty Head Bebop RPG.

Saturday 12-4pm
Lions and tigers and tentacles, oh my! Something stirs in New York’s Central Park; its smoky tendrils of evil even now seeping into the adjacent Zoo - home to those covert commando penguins; Skipper, Private, Kowalski, and Rico. Can they fight back the Mythos and save the world? Come play i20 Horror with the Creator of the Bounty Head Bebop RPG.

Saturday 5-10pm
Velociraptor Rhapsody  
When the Bounty Head is a mad Geneticist known for his work in cloning reptiles - you know things won’t be boring. Come play Bounty Head Bebop with its Creator and experience the fast-paced solar system spanning game of anime-style bounty hunting in space.

BZ
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 12:45:02 pm by BerkaZerka »

FaePooka

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 11:56:26 am »

Very cool JP. Glad to see something other than RPGA events on there. Hope they add some more games or I won't be playing anything the whole con!

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 04:24:36 pm »

Where are you guys staying? Are Jay's parents close enough to drive each day? That is what we do. It is like an hour and 15 for us, not too bad. We come home each night. That is my birthday weekend and one of my kids usually goes to have dinner with me at Chili's. They had great food last year. :)

I wonder if the blue pirate comedy guy will make an appearance this year, we missed his act but he looked funny  ;D

FaePooka

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 04:41:53 pm »

We're staying at the hotel that the Con is in. They have a discounted Con rate. Since we have the booth we wanted to stay close to our stuff and all. I didn't want to drive home each night cause I want to party and have fun at the evening festivities. It's over an hour for us too to get home.

I'm baking lots of cookies for the Artiste Soire on Thursday evening. I can't wait for that! We get some publicity for being a "sponsor" of the event and get the logo out there. Very cool.

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 07:22:56 pm »

I want COOKIES!!!!!!! ;D

I may have to call off a day for this con as well. Thursday probably. :(

Well, I have school work to do so C-YA!!! :)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 07:32:07 pm »

Very cool JP. Glad to see something other than RPGA events on there. Hope they add some more games or I won't be playing anything the whole con!

They got a lot more games than what is showing right now - it's just that they only got one trained chimp trying to enter all the event data into the system right now; and he's trying to do it on an old Commodore 64  :P

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2010, 12:45:44 pm »

Everything is approved now  :)

Con On The Cob Scheduled Events

Thursday 4-8pm
Call of PikaChulu

Friday 12-4pm

Friday 4-9pm
Brigands of Spider Wood   

Saturday 12-4pm

Saturday 5-10pm
Velociraptor Rhapsody   

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2010, 05:24:54 pm »

Hey Jay, you should submit at least one or two scheduled events for the con, but hurry, table space may be going fast  :)

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2010, 05:32:00 pm »

We signed the kids up for their games that they are playing. They are THRILLED!! ;)

I personally can not wait  ;D

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2010, 04:26:33 pm »

Next agenda.... Con on the Cob :)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2010, 09:08:48 pm »

Seems like folks don't really start filling up (signing up for) games fopr this con till October.  We'll see... I had good support for my games last year, but this year is looking slim due perhaps to all the RPGA events that are totally dominating this year's schedule.  I got to say, I don't care for it...

BZ

FaePooka

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2010, 11:46:13 pm »

Me neither! I managed to fine two games that sounded fun though. Gonna give those a whirl.

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2010, 08:04:04 pm »

What are you playing?
+

FaePooka

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2010, 09:15:53 pm »

I'm in a new game I've not tried before (I think it just came out) on Saturday afternoon called Cruelest Joke. Sounded like a good RP game so a nice change of pace.

And another system I've never played before called Dread. I'm playing in I've got a bloodstained ticket on friday night. I'll be playing it in my Kender costume! LOL

It's cool they added those so I get to try some systems I have never played before. Always fun. I think Dread uses the actual Jenga game in it. You make the tower fall you die spectacularly!

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2010, 09:13:42 am »

Yeah, we saw one of those Jenga games at the con last year - by the end of thier game it was nail biting suspense each time someone had to move a piece.  It seemed like a really nifty gimick for creating a suspense/dread atmosphere - I'd actually like to try it sometime :)

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2010, 03:18:06 pm »

I remember that too. I remember thinking this is impossible; you should have seen the way the blocks were standing. Looked like it was scientifically not capable of such shenanagans.  ;D

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2010, 09:42:10 pm »

Two weeks left to go  ;D Gaming is not over for the year yet  ;D

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2010, 05:02:11 pm »

Four more days til some gaming is gonna occur :) Fun is to come. One cool thing, Asteroth and his wife will be joining us on Saturday which happens to be both his and my birthdays.... GO LIBRAS!!!! 

We are the balanced ones....... HA HA HA HA!!!!! ;D

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2010, 11:51:00 am »

OK, so I've started packing my games for the Con - I love this part and hate it all at the same time  ;D

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2010, 10:21:43 pm »

PSSST!  Don't ask about how the maps turned out! Shhhhhhh.

Sticky subject  ;)   I'm just saying.

FaePooka

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2010, 11:32:54 pm »

I just got done baking a TON of cookies. I made Pizzelles, 4 batches of Ginger Spice cookies, and 2 batches of choclate cut outs shaped like leaves. *whew*

I volunteered to bring them for the Artiste Soire on thursday evening. Hope everyone likes them cause I am exhausted!  :P

Nestor

• BHB Insider
  • Professional
  • Bringin' a gun to a knife fight...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2010, 08:29:36 am »

PSSST!  Don't ask about how the maps turned out! Shhhhhhh.

Sticky subject  ;)   I'm just saying.

HEY! BZ!

How did the maps turn out?

Free-Floating Agent of Chaos. Reasonable Rates. Inquire Within.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2010, 11:31:46 am »

Razzle Razzle, Blarg Blarg Flargon!  :P :P :P

;D

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2010, 03:02:31 pm »

Told ya! ;)

By the way, my children are fighting over who is going when to the con now. They can all just stay home for that matter!!!!!! I am tired of petty bull...... in this house from teenage kids :P
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 03:04:28 pm by LadyZerka »

FaePooka

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2010, 08:07:04 am »

We are getting ready to get on the road now. We will see you guys tonight!!

JP I know you run a game from 4-8pm, stop by the Artiste thingy afterwards and have some cookies guys!

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2010, 08:21:52 am »

Sounds good - see ya there!

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2010, 06:35:22 am »

So far so good here at the Con  :)

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2010, 06:43:38 am »

Oh, and I was 'Shunned' as a 'non-believer' by the pink and blue 'Charlie The Unicorn' unicorns at the con  ;D

Shunned I say!

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2010, 06:49:08 am »

We even got candy from "candy mountain"  which I have come to find out STOLE CHARLIE"S KIDNEY!!!!! 

That is so wrong on so many levels  ;D

We had the experience to watch all of them last night. I do not even know what to say. ;D

Nestor

• BHB Insider
  • Professional
  • Bringin' a gun to a knife fight...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2010, 06:37:37 pm »

We even got candy from "candy mountain"  which I have come to find out STOLE CHARLIE"S KIDNEY!!!!! 

That is so wrong on so many levels  ;D

We had the experience to watch all of them last night. I do not even know what to say. ;D

"We're on a bridge, Charlie!" ;D
Free-Floating Agent of Chaos. Reasonable Rates. Inquire Within.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2010, 04:11:09 pm »

Well, the Con is over and so after having time to unwind, I have a few thoughts.

First, I think the ratio of LFR games to Indie games, really drowned out the small guy (me being one of the small guys).

Second, I think the economy had an influence on the number of Gamers there.  This was a problem, because on the flip side, the economy did not seem to have had an effect on the number of Game Masters in attendance.  This resulted in a ‘Too Many Chiefs and Not Enough Indians’ effect, where there just wasn’t enough players for all the games.  In many instances, a bunch of GMs from games that fell through would band together to support some other GM’s game.

Third, I had good support on Thursday and for my first game on Friday, but the rest of my games fell through Friday evening and Saturday.  I didn’t even bother to go Sunday.

Fourth, I had a mind-blowing amount of stress weighing on me from a non-gaming/convention issue that made it almost impossible for me to think straight and enjoy the con.  I was actually relieved (if not also disappointed) when my games fell through.

I’m not sure what I’m going to be doing about this con next year…

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2010, 04:18:04 pm »

I think a look at the other small con's are worth checking into. There is a couple in Butler, Pa ( 30 min. from home) I would like to see about. Con on the Cob this year was not real braggable. The construction made me stressed out ....BAD!!! To get anywhere, it took an hour for a five minute drive and it sucked. BZ was right, too many masters and not enough players. We will definitely look into more options next year. :)

FaePooka

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2010, 06:26:36 pm »

I had the opposite decision about this con. The people I met there were awesome. The artists were so cool. Lots of fun things I got into other than gaming. My game on Saturday was a blast.

And the parties saturday night were off the hook! SO much fun. I got to know some super cool people.

Now I can understand your reactions being as you are not into partying and such. But I for one intened to go next year no matter what! Party!

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2010, 10:52:31 am »

Mine was an observation from a strictly game running point of view, but yeah, I agree that this particular con has a lot of nifty extras beyond gamng (the art theme primarily) that other smaller cons don't have  :)

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2010, 07:27:01 pm »

I personally want to try a different one next time.

The Harlequin

• Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2010, 07:32:27 pm »

So... where did you stick the pictures?

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2010, 07:58:14 pm »

So... where did you stick the pictures?

I'll ask Lady Z - I know she has 'em somewhere  :)

BZ
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up