Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Origins and GenCon 2011  (Read 62338 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Origins and GenCon 2011
« on: October 19, 2010, 02:31:46 pm »

Wow!  Origins may just have their ducks in a row this year - they are already accepting event submissions.  Looks like I'll have to decide what I'm going to be doing in 2011 - Probably going to run BHB, i20 Fantasy, i20 Horror/Humor, and possibly a QAGS event or two...

Can't wait all ready  ;D

Here's my submitted Origins Schedule for 2011  ;D

2011 Origins Schedule (June 22-26, 2011)

Heart Of The Oni Wednesday 6-11pm 
College Students are sucked back in time to face a powerful demon that threatens Feudal Japan and holds the key to returning them to their own time. Come play i20 Fantasy with the Creator of the Bounty Head Bebop RPG. PCs

Nazi Sasquatch Death Squad! Thursday 8-12am
Nazis in America at the height of WWII? Robbing Fort Knox with a Sasquatch Death Squad? Not if the Bureau of Unordinary Gentlemen have anything to say about it! (QAGS) PCs

Hive Of Scum And Villainy Thursday 1-5pm
Welcome to Ceres; a hive of scum and villainy. Just the place for a wanabe crew of space pirates to test its metal and make a name for itself. There’s plenty of fat ships out there for the taking - if you can survive the competition.  Come play Bounty Head Bebop with its Creator.

Deadlands/i20: Dude, Where’s My Train? Thursday 6-11pm
You’ve heard tale of some great train robberies, but since when do they take the whole train?!? Weird West Steampunk Adventure Ala Deadlands Style. Come play i20 Horror with the Creator of the Bounty Head Bebop RPG. PCs

Penguins of Madagascar Mythos Madness Friday 1-5pm
Lions and tigers and tentacles, oh my!  Something stirs in New York’s Central Park; its smoky tendrils of evil even now seeping into the adjacent Zoo – home to those covert commando penguins; Skipper, Private, Kowalski, and Rico.  Can they fight back the Mythos and save the world? Come play i20 Horror with the Creator of the Bounty Head Bebop RPG. PCs

Bane Treasure Of The Vampire King Friday 6-11pm
Epic pirate adventure in the world of Conan the Barbarian.  Sail the savage seas in search of a legendary treasure cursed by the gods! Come play i20 Fantasy with the Creator of the Bounty Head Bebop RPG. PCs

Small Fry Saturday 5-10pm
The job was supposed to be a piece of cake - 'like shootin fish in a barrel' they said. But things never work out so easy, right? The crew will need to stay extra frosty on this one or risk losing more than the bounty to their rivals.  Come play Bounty Head Bebop with its Creator.

Can't wait  ;D

Here's my submitted GenCon Schedule for 2011  ;D

2011 GenCon Schedule (August 4-7, 2011)

Nazis in America at the height of WWII? Robbing Fort Knox with a Sasquatch Death Squad? Not if the Bureau of Unordinary Gentlemen have anything to say about it! (QAGS) PCs

Welcome to Ceres; a hive of scum and villainy. Just the place for a wanabe crew of space pirates to test its metal and make a name for itself. There’s plenty of fat ships out there for the taking - if you can survive the competition.  Come play Bounty Head Bebop with its Creator.

You’ve heard tale of some great train robberies, but since when do they take the whole train?!? Weird West Steampunk Adventure Ala Deadlands Style. Come play i20 Horror with the Creator of the Bounty Head Bebop RPG. PCs

Lions and tigers and tentacles, oh my!  Something stirs in New York’s Central Park; its smoky tendrils of evil even now seeping into the adjacent Zoo – home to those covert commando penguins; Skipper, Private, Kowalski, and Rico.  Can they fight back the Mythos and save the world? Come play i20 Horror with the Creator of the Bounty Head Bebop RPG. PCs

Epic pirate adventure in the world of Conan the Barbarian.  Sail the savage seas in search of a legendary treasure cursed by the gods! Come play i20 Fantasy with the Creator of the Bounty Head Bebop RPG. PCs

Heart Of The Oni Saturday 12-5pm  
College Students are sucked back in time to face a powerful demon that threatens Feudal Japan and holds the key to returning them to their own time. Come play i20 Fantasy with the Creator of the Bounty Head Bebop RPG. PCs

Small Fry Saturday 6-11pm
The job was supposed to be a piece of cake - 'like shootin fish in a barrel' they said. But things never work out so easy, right? The crew will need to stay extra frosty on this one or risk losing more than the bounty to their rivals.  Come play Bounty Head Bebop with its Creator.

I have also requested that my games be in the Hyatt Studios this year - we'll see how that works out.  I really have liked running games in the Hyatt in the past  8)

Can't wait  ;D

BZ
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 10:35:11 am by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Origins and GenCon 2011
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 02:34:42 pm »

Oh, and we'll be giving away BHB t-shirts at each game again like last year.  Where's Baboon Bill?  I want to use this pic for the back  ;D

BZ
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 02:37:30 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 03:03:14 pm »

*cut and pasted above*

BZ
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 10:36:06 am by BerkaZerka »

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 07:24:22 pm »

Almost time to reserve lodging and stuff already. I look forward to that as well :)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 03:03:21 pm »

Added some character links to the Event Schedule Above  :)

BZ

Bounty BaboonBill

• BHB Insider
  • Bounty Head
  • Bebop Artist
    • View Profile
    • Check out ze art at Bill Werks Occassionally
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 08:41:59 pm »

Woo! I need to send you a cleaned up prettified version sometime soon. :D

Ape in Spaaaaaaace!

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 06:17:47 pm »

Woo! I need to send you a cleaned up prettified version sometime soon. :D

Eexceelleenté  ;D

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 06:56:15 am »

C'mon January. I want to make sure and reserve our room and games. I am excited already. It seems like on one hand it takes forever to come around and on the other it is right around the corner. I never played half of BZ's games he is running this time. I want to try the Quags one :)

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 07:17:44 pm »

Does everyone know that Origins is open for registration now? Badges 55$ instead of 65$ up until the 15th of January I think just look at the site. HAPPY GAMING!!!  :)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 03:26:36 pm »

I am so glad they finally got their shyte straight - I really love Origins and want it to be awesome, like it used to be.

BZ

Rbree

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 01:41:16 pm »

SO what about Gencon?  Event Submission starts in 11 days.

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 02:09:22 pm »

We will be there too. One does not live until they go to GEN CON!  DUH!!!! ;)

I like Origins too though. It is closer to our home and it is not as much mass confusion. The one thing that comes to mind is there are no trains running through your hotel as you try to play a game. ;D

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 07:15:28 pm »

SO what about Gencon?  Event Submission starts in 11 days.

Same games - just squished into one less day  ;D

I'll be submitting and posting them here as soon as i can - can't wait for either conventions - love 'em both!

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 08:13:34 pm »

BZ ordered my early bird badge today- saved 10$ With four kids we save where we can  ;D

Rbree

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2011, 12:28:38 pm »

I'm assuming that's the same Penguins as last year...   or are you doing a different one?  Hoping to get into another one of your game this year but it looks like I may be running more so will not have as much time.

Nestor

• BHB Insider
  • Professional
  • Bringin' a gun to a knife fight...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2011, 12:36:09 pm »

Yeah, my GM plate is filling up again despite my best efforts, so I'm not sure how much free time I'll have. I'll try to keep a slot or two free to join you rog a game.

Damn me for being both a soft touch and addicted to con GM'ing.  ;D
Free-Floating Agent of Chaos. Reasonable Rates. Inquire Within.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2011, 03:16:39 pm »

I'm assuming that's the same Penguins as last year...   

Yeah, same one (unfortunately for those who have already played it) :)

But I do reserve Sundays for pickup games - I have a pretty funny Call of PikaChulu (pokemon/cthulhu) adventure I'd be willing to run if requested...

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2011, 03:19:23 pm »

Damn me for being both a soft touch and addicted to con GM'ing.  ;D

I get a good seven to eight months of great anticpation for con GM'ing - It's only January and I've already started having the 'con dreams'  ;D

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2011, 06:08:28 pm »

I am sorry but I am selfish. I think VACATION before Gaming.... I will probably be shunned because I  said that but put yourself in my shoes for just one eight hour day and you would agree.... ;)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2011, 10:30:11 pm »

I'm just glad to have a wife who still considers a 'gaming vacation' a vacation  :D

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 06:14:33 pm »

I have come to realize at these conventions that I am a commodity to have. Gaming wives are hard to come by apparently. I have had a guy come up to me and say he was jealous of my BZ because he has a wife that plays. His wife is not real fond of gaming I take it. I do enjoy the adventures and also the chaos. It is a good time. ;D You do meet some interesting folks; some you keep as friends others are great for people watching stories later ;)

Bounty BaboonBill

• BHB Insider
  • Bounty Head
  • Bebop Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2011, 06:24:36 pm »

Well, unfortunately the couple that I got my free ride to Origins and Gencon from are retiring. They used to run the BEADDazzled booth, but Helene has had some major surgery since last summer and they decided they just can't handle the cons anymore. They are in their late 60's, so I understand fully and was quite thankful of the numerous years I did get to go thanks to them.

Oh well. It was fun while it lasted!

:(

I will still make it to one or the other of the Cons this year, but not likely both.

This year will likely be GenCon. Starting to save my pennies now..
Ape in Spaaaaaaace!

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2011, 07:12:20 pm »

Where are you traveling from. We could possibly help? It is just BZ and I. We forget where you reside though for sure. Let us know ahead of time maybe we could work something out.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2011, 12:45:59 pm »

Here's my submitted GenCon Schedule for 2011  ;D

2011 GenCon Schedule (August 4-7, 2011)

Welcome to Ceres; a hive of scum and villainy. Just the place for a wanabe crew of space pirates to test its metal and make a name for itself. There’s plenty of fat ships out there for the taking - if you can survive the competition.  Come play Bounty Head Bebop with its Creator.

Lions and tigers and tentacles, oh my!  Something stirs in New York’s Central Park; its smoky tendrils of evil even now seeping into the adjacent Zoo – home to those covert commando penguins; Skipper, Private, Kowalski, and Rico.  Can they fight back the Mythos and save the world? Come play i20 Horror with the Creator of the Bounty Head Bebop RPG. PCs

Epic pirate adventure in the world of Conan the Barbarian.  Sail the savage seas in search of a legendary treasure cursed by the gods! Come play i20 Fantasy with the Creator of the Bounty Head Bebop RPG. PCs

Heart Of The Oni Saturday 12-5pm 

Small Fry Saturday 6-11pm
The job was supposed to be a piece of cake - 'like shootin fish in a barrel' they said. But things never work out so easy, right? The crew will need to stay extra frosty on this one or risk losing more than the bounty to their rivals.  Come play Bounty Head Bebop with its Creator.

I have also requested that my games be in the Hyatt Studios this year - we'll see how that works out.  I really have liked running games in the Hyatt in the past  8)

Can't wait  ;D

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2011, 01:05:10 pm »

I can not wait either. These games are new to me (some of them). VACATION!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!! ;D

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2011, 10:37:07 am »

BTW - I copied both convention schedules to the first post of this thread for easy reference  :)

BZ

Bounty BaboonBill

• BHB Insider
  • Bounty Head
  • Bebop Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2011, 11:07:38 am »

Where are you traveling from. We could possibly help? It is just BZ and I. We forget where you reside though for sure. Let us know ahead of time maybe we could work something out.

Cincinnati. We are about 2.5 hours from either Convention, which is pretty cool. :)
Ape in Spaaaaaaace!

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2011, 03:23:46 pm »

Cincinnati. We are about 2.5 hours from either Convention, which is pretty cool. :)

All told, giving you a lift to Gencon would only be about an hour out of our way - the real logistical question would be how you would manage at the con, as Lady Z and I don't stay in the city (we can get you there on Wednesday and home on Sunday, but no promisses in-between :) )

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2011, 06:26:29 pm »

We would love to help if we can though. :) The more at the con's the merrier. We do however have a tradition that we get Korean food on Sunday on the way home( which you are welcome to join us as well). Best food ever made. I cant wait to sign up for games and stuff. That is the fun part.It seems real then not just a vision in the future.

Nestor

• BHB Insider
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2011, 08:39:19 pm »

I generally try to team up for housing at GenCon, spreading the cost of the room. I don't know the specifics for housing this year; I will try to snag a room myself this year instead of waiting to hook up with someone later.

If I do get a room, I'll be looking for roommates. You'd be certainly included, Bill, if you wish.

Bounty BaboonBill

• BHB Insider
  • Bounty Head
  • Bebop Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2011, 01:29:21 pm »

Nestor, that sounds like a beautiful idea! Dave and I would certainly be up for that. I will talk to him today and get back with you.

BZ&LZ: thank you for the offer! Driving isn't really an issue; I don't mind it. Where is this Korean place? is it in-town or closer to your homeward trek?
Ape in Spaaaaaaace!

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2011, 04:31:41 pm »

Ma Ma's Korean BBQ is ten minutes north east of Indie  ;D

BZ

Bounty BaboonBill

• BHB Insider
  • Bounty Head
  • Bebop Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2011, 04:43:56 pm »

I will see if Dave can handle Korean BBQ. :)

Nestor: talked to Dave and he's in too! You've got two roommates, mang!
Ape in Spaaaaaaace!

Nestor

• BHB Insider
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2011, 06:07:27 pm »

I will see if Dave can handle Korean BBQ. :)

Nestor: talked to Dave and he's in too! You've got two roommates, mang!

And I've got two other local guys who're toying with the idea of attending this year, so assuming we all go together on this, this should get interesting. :)

I'll keep you informed on things as they progress. The trick will be jumping in when housing registration starts and snagging a room; they tend to run out in hours!

Some preliminary details: I usually arrive on Wednesday and leave on Monday. You're not required to stay the whole time; I prorate people's shares of the room based on nights stayed. In previous years the room rate has been between $1000 to $1500 for the five nights, so depending on length of stay, five people means we won't have to pay more than $300 for the room each.

I generally go for the Embassy Suites if I can; they have a free breakfast buffet that rocks. Their suites have a separate "living" room and bedroom with a King-size bed and sofa-bed, so that's four people taken care of. I own a remarkably comfortable inflatable bed that I usually bring to supplement bed space, so we should be fine.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 06:13:04 pm by Nestor »

Bounty BaboonBill

• BHB Insider
  • Bounty Head
  • Bebop Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2011, 12:04:08 am »

Sounds like a plan. Hell, if we can get more people I am cool with that, as I have a comfortable sleeping bag and Dave said he has a single-person air mattress he can bring!
Ape in Spaaaaaaace!

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2011, 07:43:25 pm »

Good luck with all of that hoop-la ;D I just hope all of you guys can make it!!!

Korean is the best. Great food I  tells ya.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2011, 07:12:42 pm »

Tekkoshocon

I will be running my Call of PikaChulu and Small Fry Adventures at Tekkoshocon in Pittsburgh PA - April 1st & 2nd (Friday and Saturday).  Tekkoshocon is an Anime convention, with a very small RPG section, but I thought it might be nice to try to get something going there.  Who knows, maybe we can grow it into a full RPG support convention some day  :)

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2011, 04:16:00 pm »

I am curious to see this convention. Always a new experience!!! ;D

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2011, 04:51:23 pm »

We returned from Tekkoshocon. I will have some pictures to follow soon. We had some pretty good success with our BHB games and even the Zombie card game a comment was:

"Everything about this game is bitchin' sir" so I will take that as they enjoyed themselves :)

Looking forward to Origins though. That is a familiar site to us and we are getting to know folks there and Gen Con as well. Although the convention we just left had some familiar faces. We ran into folks that play with us at the other con's. Pretty cool.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2011, 04:17:16 pm »

BHB T-Shirt Give Aways -

Here's what we have for the give away T-Shirts for each one of our events (including the QAGS game) at both conventions this year.  Anyone who plays in a BHB Merc Squad run event (there are 7 for each con this year) will get a free novalty dice and a chance to win a T-Shirt (by table vote for the best player).

Front will be the BHB Merc Squad Logo - (with 2011 and Origins and GenCon specific)

Here's the back -

And thanks to Bill Dods for the sweet art - Cool Beans  ;D

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2011, 02:58:29 pm »

I get one cause' I am married to the creator!!!!!! :)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2011, 03:17:01 pm »

Just purchased a bunch of tickets for GenCan events - boy a lot of them go fast - I logged in an hour after events became available and already two of the seven events I'm running were sold out  ;D

I'll get back a bit later here and post the other events Lady Z and I are going to be trying out  :)

BZ

Nestor

• BHB Insider
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2011, 09:07:49 pm »

Just purchased a bunch of tickets for GenCan events - boy a lot of them go fast - I logged in an hour after events became available and already two of the seven events I'm running were sold out  ;D

I'll get back a bit later here and post the other events Lady Z and I are going to be trying out  :)

BZ

I remembered to log in and submit my Wish List about 1:20. Pretty much my top 10 were all sold out.  >:(

I signed up for what I could get. It's one of my pet peeves about GenCon. There're, like, three systems I'd love to actually get to play in, but they're always filled up before I can jump in. I was hoping the Wish List system would help this year but, oh well.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2011, 09:21:43 pm »

Yeah, I can see where it actually made it worse for everyone by giving the fastest guys everything they wanted all at once - where before, you could have snuck in and snagged a game or two yourself while the fast guy was still busy picking through his event list.  In this case faster is not necessarily better  :P ...

BZ

Bounty BaboonBill

• BHB Insider
  • Bounty Head
  • Bebop Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2011, 11:48:27 am »

Yikes! I'd better log in and buy some games... :-X
Ape in Spaaaaaaace!

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2011, 11:56:42 am »

Here are the events Lori & I have in addition to the ones I am running  :)

RPG1119151 (Escape from the Late Late Late Show on Thu at 08:00 AM)

RPG1123624 (Asian Cinematic Superheroes 2011 on Fri at 09:00 AM

RPG1121533 (Decorum and Decapitation on Fri at 01:00 PM)

RPG1119395 (Mall Hero - Night of the Mannequins on Sat at 08:00 AM)

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2011, 11:59:16 am »

Yikes! I'd better log in and buy some games... :-X

Let me know if you got any of mine, as all but three where sold out as of this morning (and each of those only had 2 seats left).  Of course, Lori and I are looking forward to a Sunday Pick up game with you guys at the very least if you can't catch any of my scheduled   8) ;D

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2011, 11:47:15 am »

Got our Origins events bought  ;D

In addition to the ones we're running, we'll be playing -

6369  Hell or High Water
6425  Clue of Cthulhu
6605  The Substitute
6683  Sleeping Beauty

BZ

Nestor

• BHB Insider
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2011, 01:06:50 pm »

Is "The Substitute" the M&M game? If so, I burn with jealousy.

I have not been able to play in a M&M game at a con since I was in one of the first demos run by Steve Kenson. Every year I try and every year the damn games fill up in seconds.

It's enough to drive a man mad. Mad, I say! *shakes fist at the sky*

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2011, 03:48:57 pm »

Why yes, yes it is  ;D

Funny thing is it wasn't even our first choice for that timeslot (though it is one that we did write down as an option).  One of the reasons I started running madcap adventures at the cons, was because it is usually the only way I can get in on one  ;)

BZ
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up