Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Origins and GenCon 2011  (Read 66904 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Origins and GenCon 2011
« Reply #100 on: August 02, 2011, 11:17:30 pm »

See folks there  ;D

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 08, 2011, 03:20:08 pm »

...And we're back!

Phew!  What a Con!  Lots of stuff to relate, but I need sleep first and I start a new job tomorrow, so it may be a day or two before I can post all the goodness  :)

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2011, 01:19:47 pm »

I have to give my run down as well. I have worked 52 hours this week since Tuesday and I am recooperating. I will post later tonite :

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.................

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 16, 2011, 04:03:19 pm »

I'm still getting used to my new job... Not enough hours in the day at the moment...

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2011, 11:40:35 am »

Well, in a nutshell, our GenCon Trip was a great success.  All our events went off without a hitch.  We were so busy though, that we were unable to meet a lot of folks we planned to and only spent a moment to say hi to a small few we were able to catch.  Got to do lunch on Sunday with Nestor, but our Sunday game plans never materialized.

There's always next year though! And Nester remarked about actually running us a Hex event, so we may have to keep on him about it  ;D

The most unusual thing of note about the con this year was all the dive-bomber gnats in the Crown Plaza - they drove us nuts at our games all con and I even had one fly down my throat as I was walking down the hall.  It got so bad that we were giving out extra Luck Points to players who managed to swat one during the games  :P

Anyway, I look forward to doing it all again next year  ;D

BZ

santoscaine

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 24, 2011, 03:40:57 pm »

I'm sorry we missed you this year, guys. Baboonbill tried to get a hold of you Sunday but the number we had wasn't good. I want to give a shout out to Nestor for letting us room with him- It was nice of him to do so and we got to meet some pretty cool fellow gamers out of it. All in all it was a great con. This one will be my last for quite a while, though- the kids are older and we're going to be doing family vacations from here on out. Can't afford that and a con-trip, too, unfortunately. But this was a great con to last us for awhile. Again, sorry we missed you all, but hey...we'll always have forums...

(Casablanca, get it?)

Dave.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 24, 2011, 06:20:12 pm »

Sorry we missed ya Dave  :)

BZ

Nestor

• BHB Insider
  • Professional
  • Bringin' a gun to a knife fight...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 25, 2011, 12:06:08 pm »

Oy, speaking of which, cleaning up on Monday, I came across an extra toothbrush obviously left behind by someone.

Cloning experiments are ongoing, so if you happen to see someone who looks remarakbly like you, have no fear.  ;D
Free-Floating Agent of Chaos. Reasonable Rates. Inquire Within.

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2011, 09:14:57 pm »

We had a great time as well. I hope we can continue as well to go. So far we have been lucky and able to be at both cons so I hope things do not get worse with our economy and such. That is the time of year where I look forward to. The only big problem I have so far is that they changed the time frame for Origins and Gen Con and I work both weekends. I hope to have a new job by at least by Ged Con so lets hope I can pull it off :)

Lady Z

Nestor

• BHB Insider
  • Professional
  • Bringin' a gun to a knife fight...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 31, 2011, 06:34:24 am »

Yeah, I noticed the date shift for next year's GenCon. Puts it dangerously close to college-daughter-moving time.

Fortunately, next year I'll (hopefully) only have one kid in college, and the school's less than an hour away, so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

And I swear, next year I'll play more and run less. Really. No fooling...  ::)  ;)
Free-Floating Agent of Chaos. Reasonable Rates. Inquire Within.

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2011, 07:47:31 pm »

Yeah...Yeah.... Heard it all before    ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up