Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Origins and GenCon 2011  (Read 65899 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Origins and GenCon 2011
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2011, 08:47:10 am »

Can't wait  ;D

BZ

Floyd Fallweather

• Outlaw
  • Dr. Floyd Fallweather
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2011, 05:58:37 pm »

okay...so who all is going to be at Origins?!  I am!  I would love to meet everyone.

Mark

Nestor

• BHB Insider
  • Professional
  • Bringin' a gun to a knife fight...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2011, 08:51:07 pm »

okay...so who all is going to be at Origins?!  I am!  I would love to meet everyone.

Mark

Dang, not me I can only make it one con a year and I usually make it GenCon.
Free-Floating Agent of Chaos. Reasonable Rates. Inquire Within.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2011, 08:41:25 am »

Mark

Lady Z and I are going to both cons this year - we usually try to get a pickup game (RPG, board, or cards) with folks we know on Sunday afternoons before we head home - you're welcome to join us if you can - I have a Zombie Apocalypse Survival Card Game - Cthulopoly - and of course the BHB adventures I'll be running at the con  ;D

Check out our Con Pics here so you'll recognize us  - http://www.bountyheadbebop.com/forum/index.php?topic=288.0

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2011, 10:13:15 am »

I am looking forward to meeting some new folks as well. Origins is easier to meet folks than gen Con, less people :) It is my personal favorite though.

Floyd Fallweather

• Outlaw
  • Dr. Floyd Fallweather
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2011, 08:58:27 pm »

Great...let's make some plans to meet up closer to Origins.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2011, 08:38:53 am »

Great...let's make some plans to meet up closer to Origins.

Sounds Good  :)

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2011, 08:02:30 am »

Here's where I start going nuts, trying to get everthing ready for the con.  Preparation now always drives me near mad, but its so worth it when it means a smooth game at the Con  ;D

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2011, 06:24:20 pm »

I have to live with this you know  ;) At least by Gen-Con... we are prepared  ;D

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2011, 09:21:52 am »

16 more days.... And counting!!!   I have never played some of these games BZ is running... I can't wait to try them. ;D

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2011, 10:56:47 am »

It can't come fast enough!

BZ

Bounty BaboonBill

• BHB Insider
  • Bounty Head
  • Bebop Artist
    • View Profile
    • Check out ze art at Bill Werks Occassionally
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2011, 09:28:59 am »

Hey azhrei331! Dave (SantosCaine) and I are signed up for one of your Pantheon Games at Gencon!

Unfortunately, all of BZs games were taken. He's too popular.

BZ, Dave and I have an early game on Sunday morning. Could we have our Sunday chilling-out game after lunch? I would love to try out this card game you've been working on, or another game of BHB. Whatever you are in the mood for!
Ape in Spaaaaaaace!

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2011, 09:46:22 am »

Hey azhrei331! Dave (SantosCaine) and I are signed up for one of your Pantheon Games at Gencon!

Sweet!  Lady Z and I really enjoyed playing Pantheon with Jay and the group as it was in development.  Matter of fact - Jay still owes Lady Z and I (and the group) a game or two of it to finish off the mini-campaign we started with it   8)

Unfortunately, all of BZs games were taken. He's too popular.

Yer too kind  ;D

BZ, Dave and I have an early game on Sunday morning. Could we have our Sunday chilling-out game after lunch? I would love to try out this card game you've been working on, or another game of BHB. Whatever you are in the mood for!

Hey - Sunday afternoon games with freinds are sort of a tradition now. Lady Z and I look forward to it more than our scheduled games  ;D

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2011, 05:39:37 pm »

I am excited!!!!!!! ;D I can't wait to see everyone and meet Mark as well :) One more week!!!!! YAY!!!!!

No kids either! My girls will be at girls camp all week oh darn  ;)

After the con, we have our traditional Korean dinner YUMMY!!!!!

Nestor

• BHB Insider
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2011, 06:54:42 pm »

Do let us who will not be attending know how things go!

As for Korean food, I recall a particular Korean cookbook I once saw: 100 Ways to Wok Your Dog;D

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2011, 07:07:09 pm »

D'oh!

;D

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2011, 02:03:39 pm »

Do let us who will not be attending know how things go!

As for Korean food, I recall a particular Korean cookbook I once saw: 100 Ways to Wok Your Dog;D

Very funny. I eat Beef Bulgogi at least I think I am  ;)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2011, 06:35:51 pm »

Packing the car tomorrow for Origins - Huzzah!!!  ;D

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2011, 03:30:07 pm »

Lady Z and I got an extra night in Columbus for one cent - yep a shiny new penny - so we're off right now, as opposed to Wednesday - wish us luck  ;D

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2011, 10:17:44 am »

We are here  ;D

We'll give reports and updates as they happen and we have time  :)

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2011, 09:01:00 pm »

Just got back from Origins - it was a blast and all our games went off without a hitch (except for missing tables in one room on Thursday  :P ) - I'll post back after we recover a day or so  ;D

Also - it was cool to meet Mark AKA "Floyd Fallweather" in person  :)

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2011, 02:50:35 pm »

Hi all, here’s the rundown and highlights of our Origin events –

On Wednesday we ran Heart of the Oni and had seven folks show up to play (a good start for sure) – unfortunately, this particular adventure is six character specific and I had to turn the extra seat away.  The adventure went well with a cool group of folks, including one who actually changed from a wizard robe costume to Japanese costume following act one of the adventure – when his college student PC changed into a Zen Archer.

Thursday morning was Nazi Sasquatch Death Squad.  We ran it for seven players.  This was a funny group who came up with an awesome acronym for the Bureau of Unordinary Gentlemen (the government agency the characters work for) – B.U.G.  There were lots of laughs with this group.

Thursday afternoon we had to wait for a table to play Hive of Scum and Villainy.  I sat with two other GMs (also waiting for a table) and we hailed folks looking for our games and joked about how we were going to run three different games at one table.  Apparently, some non-Origins Mooks STOLE eight tables from that room for their own event - the dirty rotten bastards!  Anyway – we did get a table and ran our event (starting thirty minutes late) for seven players.  This was a more tactically minded group – except for one player who’s character (in his own words) was a “anatomically exaggerated female”.  It was funny seeing this character and the captain of the ship constantly fighting over the setting of the air conditioning of the ship – the captain trying to save money by setting it too low and the character trying to stay cool enough by cranking it way up.  In the end, the character got one over on the captain by hacking into the ship’s computer and overriding the captain’s control of the system…

Thursday evening was Deadlands/BHB: Dude Where’s my train.  I was worried about this one, as I sold no tickets online (outside of Lady Z’s) – though in the case of GenCon it sold out the first day.  By this time I was actually looking forward to having to cancel the game, due to Con fatigue and was in the process of packing up to leave (five minutes after the game was to start with no players showing) – when four ticket holders show up.  So including Lady Z – I suddenly had five players.  I re-unpacked my stuff and we ran the game.  It was a fun group where at one point Lady Z’s Hexslinger character actually managed to reflect an enemy Hexslinger’s fireball back onto him – ouch!

Friday Morning Lady Z and I played the Rogue Cthulhu game Come Hell or High Water.  It was pretty good and we not only survived, but managed to save the victim, and not cast some sort of anti-summoning spell to force the creature back from where it came.

Friday afternoon, Lady Z played the Rogue Cthulhu game Clue of Cthulhu, while I ran Penguins of Madagascar Mythos Madness.  This was a fun group of four tactically minded players, who ran through the adventure so efficiently that we finished forty five minutes early.

Friday evening I ran Bane Treasure of The Vampire King for a group of six.  These were the funniest and most rowdy players I have ever met.  Thank goodness there wasn’t serious gamer type among them or there would have been problems.  What was supposed to be a dark and brooding Conan game quickly turned into a mix of Monty Python and the Rocky Horror Picture show.  It was a total blast but absolutely not the game I had set out for.  Most memorable quote of the game: “It’s not gay if a woman eventually shows up”…

Saturday Morning Lady Z and I had a medical emergency that caused us to miss our MnM game The Substitute and our Saturday afternoon game Sleeping Beauty.

Saturday Evening I ran Small Fry for a group of four tactically minded players who had all played BHB before.  That’s the first time I didn’t have to go over the rules for a con game.

Anyway – that’s the basic rundown.  Lady Z and I look forward to playing again at GenCon!

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2011, 05:41:16 pm »

It is always my fault we miss stuff. Without getting into too much detail, I take medicine on a daily basis and with all of the confusion, lets just say, I took my Ambien( sleeping pill) instead of my Aygestin (hormone pill), which are in identical bottles by the way and both start with A... All of the warnings are even identical colors. I was trying to fight off a pill at 10:00 am instaed of 10:PM. Try to not sleep when you took a pill that is made for you to do so :) I took the wrong one. I have done this once before and now shame on me. I need a medicine case with all of my daily pills in an organized manner so this sort of thing does not happen again. I missed two really cool games because of it :( I would have snored through them both and made someone feel bad.

On a better note, the games we played were a blast. We are known to play QAGS with Ian and Todd, I think we could call them friends now.... we have history. We have been trying to get them to play one of our games and it finally happened. Todd Evangalista got into a game with us. He even won the voted best tee shirt prize. He was the character who fought to have the air conditioning and won :)  

The Deadlands game was really fun for me because I love to play a hexslinger and I almost got a taste of my own medicine. There were other hexslingers fighting against me, I happened to get the better hand.... This time. :)

The Nazi Sasquatch Death Squad game had this guy who played Turban was hysterical. He put sticks and leaves in his turban and called it "Turbanflage". I find that to be pretty funny. His character was also known because on his little wee dice counter to show where he was, he put a huge dice on top to make it look like a turban... That was funny too. You could not miss him if you tried. Fun game.

The Conan game on the other hand was interesting in a manner that almost can't be described to ears under the age of 18... lol. These guys were beyond the scope funny and truly turned the game into a mayhem fest. We laughed so hard, our stomachs hurt. One example is this; one guy had a dream about being in a raging storm on the deck of the ship...while the guy beside him kindly made it real by splashing water in his face from his drinking cup. :) This would be the same guy who for five hours did not attack a single soul until the final combat .... he was too busy doing other things. You would have had to been there to appreciate the whole scenario. :) They were a fun crew.

I played Clue of Cthulhu, which turned out to be like Charlie's angels because the girls went against the man and pretty much took over. I am a girl so it was fun. The adventure was well written and a lot of role playing was done. The girl who ran it did a fantastic job. It was not BHB but I have to let others play too....:) I cant always take a spot at the BHB table. :)

Anyways, looking forward to Gen Con and seeing everyone we missed at this one. It was nice to meet Mark though. :)

Lady Z

BoboLogic

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2011, 11:26:30 am »

I go to Origins every year and I always try to play in at least one of JP’s BHB games, 2011 was no different.

During the Thursday game I played“Hive of Scum and Villainy" the best role player was the anatomically exaggerated woman who’s hacker code name was “Trash 80” who was more concerned with the setting of the air conditioning on the ship than the pirates that where attacking us. It was a fun game overall with great ship deck plans, lots of character interaction, roleplaying, interesting characters and a well planned scenario.

Too bad we had to shoot the albino tigers, the whip wielding dominatrix, and sell most of the orphans we ‘rescued’ to the Junker Clan…well it’s good the be a pirate…Ahoy space cowboys  8)
Important mercenary safety tip: If there is plastic sheeting on the floor and furniture of the room you are entering to meet someone, don’t go in!

BoboLogic

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2011, 11:27:30 am »

Also at Origins 2011, On Saturday evening I played “Small Fry”. All the players cooperated so well it was like we where playing Delta Force shooter who have worked together for years. Also a well thought out and fun game.

I wonder if the Mars AAA ever showed up to help those corporate goons with their car, which we shot full of holes! Also don’t worry we’ll have our revenge on that glory hound Cold Rock Johnston…LOL

Important mercenary safety tip: If there is plastic sheeting on the floor and furniture of the room you are entering to meet someone, don’t go in!

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2011, 02:04:16 pm »

Hi BoboLogic  :)

Those were some fun and nutty sessions all right  :)

And thanks for playing and even more, thanks for posting about it.  It's awesome to get feedback (especially positive).

Also - I'm thinking that I may have to write an adventure just for getting one over on that Cold Rock Johnson bastard  ;D

Hehehe  :D

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2011, 02:05:25 pm »

Too bad we had to shoot the albino tigers, the whip wielding dominatrix, and sell most of the orphans we ‘rescued’ to the Junker Clan…well it’s good the be a pirate…Ahoy space cowboys  8)

This is too much  ;D

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2011, 07:16:45 am »

I played those games as well and I do agree that we had a great time.

I would like to play in a game to get revenge on Cold Rock Johnson......You are right, he was a bastard!!!! He played us. :)

By the way...., This is a hint!   Nudge Nudge Wink Wink

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2011, 12:11:35 pm »

Lady Z and I can't wait to unload (er.. give, yeah that's it) GIVE, Nestor this gift we picked up for him just after last year's con.  Hehehehe....

;D

BZ

Nestor

• BHB Insider
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2011, 03:37:27 pm »

That reminds me, I have something to give you too.

This should be amusing.  ;D

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2011, 10:30:01 am »

I've decided to give the GenCon Auction a try this year.  I've submitted my Old School Miniatures collection (1000+ pieces) to the Auction.  We'll see how things go  :)

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2011, 10:28:04 am »

It will be less than 1000 when I get my mitts on them. I want the dragons!!!!!!! ;)   Just kidding, I have been forbidden to touch them  :(

Like 18 more days or something  I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!! I just had 12 weeks off of work and I am looking forward to a vacation already....says a lot about my job huh  ;D

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2011, 04:46:59 pm »

Hey Guys - Presuming we can get together for a Sunday Pickup game, what's yer pref?

I can run any of my events for us (just need to know which ones to bring extra PCs for) - or we can do my Zombie Apocalypse Survival Card Game - what do you think?

OR If'n any of you really want to run something instead, Lady Z and I are game.

Here's the shortlist again of what I'm running:

Hive of Scum and Villainy (Classic BHB)
Small Fry (Classic BHB)
Bane Treasure of The Vampire King (Conan Fantasy BHB)
Heart of The Oni (Anime Fantasy BHB)
Dude, Where's My Train (Deadlands Weird West BHB)
Penguins of Madagasgar Mythos Madness (Humor Horror BHB)
Nazi Sasquatch Death Squad (Humor/Hero QAGS)
Zombie Apocalypse Survival (Card Game)

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2011, 04:52:03 pm »

Hmm... I guess I should share my own preferance as well - Here's the ones I recomend for the last game of the Con due to time restraints -

Hive of Scum and Villainy (Classic BHB)
Penguins of Madagasgar Mythos Madness (Humor Horror BHB)
Nazi Sasquatch Death Squad (Humor/Hero QAGS)
Zombie Apocalypse Survival (Card Game)

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2011, 10:02:22 pm »

I want to play checkers.... how about that? LOL :)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2011, 09:13:16 am »

I want to play checkers.... how about that? LOL :)
You get beat at giant-sized outdoor checkers once and it haunts you for life  :P ;)

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2011, 09:22:24 am »

♫♫ CHEEE ♪♪ TARRRRRR!!! ♫♫

;D

BZ

Nestor

• BHB Insider
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2011, 10:32:48 am »

I might be available for a game. My only obligation on Sunday is some booth time at the Exile Games booth from 1200 to 1400.

As for preference, I'm up for some classic BHB since I didn't manage to get in on any of the runs (what with the shcedule the way it worked out).

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2011, 10:42:14 am »

Hive of Scum and Villainy would work - I'm interested in hearing what Bill and Dave think (and I'll bet they'd opt for this one too).

If we can get together for a Sunday morning game (8AM - 11:45pm) that would be cool, If we have to wait till after 2:00PM, them it will be rough on Lady Z and I to play a full four hour game (but there are still other options)  :)

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2011, 02:44:14 pm »

Incidently, I'm finished prepping all my games for the con - Phew!  ;D

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2011, 05:19:40 pm »

I am up for anything at this point. I just want the hell out of work and I would play tiddly winks to get away :)

By the way, I am the outside oversized checker champion. BZ thought he was smart cause he had all the kings at first. One swoop of my one king I had left, took out his remaing four or five and guess what.... GAME OVER!!!!

13 more days..... Is everyone exicted?  I know I am. :)

Nestor

• BHB Insider
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2011, 07:09:31 pm »

I'm still working on mine. :-[

I've only gotten two of the three adventures I'm supposed to run, and one of them will require some judicious editing and generation of characters. Yikes!  :P

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2011, 07:49:11 pm »

Is that not how you normally roll?  ;) I am kidding because I see the stress that BZ goes through for these Cons. It is an awful lot of work and time and it is worth it though.

Hang in there  :)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2011, 12:09:09 pm »

Yeah, two month's prior to Origins and I didn't even have Nazi Sasquatch Death Squad or Hive of Scum and Villainy written yet  :o  Add to that, and I also had to convert Dude Where's My Train from Deadlands to BHB and Bane Treasure of The Vampire King from d20 PbP Conan to BHB.  Man what a bunch of madness - MADNESS! I SAY!  ;D

But it was worth it and now for GenCon, all I had to do was re-print Character Sheets and Handouts  8)

Good Luck Nestor  :D

BZ

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2011, 12:49:12 pm »

Hi guys,

I saw Bounty Head Bebop at GenCon last year and have been kicking myself for not picking it up ever since. Obviously you will be at GenCon running events but I skimmed this thread and didn't see if you would have a booth presence or at least someone repping the game so get a copy of the book.

Will you have a booth? If not where can I pick one up at GenCon?

Thanks in advance, the game looks great and I can't wait to try it out!

-Tom

Nestor

• BHB Insider
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2011, 03:22:26 pm »

You should be able to show up at a game and snatch a copy from BZ himself.

At least, that's how I got mine. ;)

Otherwise, IPR (Indie Press Revolution) usually has a booth and they distribute the game, IIRC.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 03:24:38 pm by Nestor »

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2011, 03:32:48 pm »

Awesome, thanks!

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2011, 09:39:46 pm »

You should be able to show up at a game and snatch a copy from BZ himself.

At least, that's how I got mine. ;)

Otherwise, IPR (Indie Press Revolution) usually has a booth and they distribute the game, IIRC.

I do still have a limited number of signed copies left  ;D

But yes, IPR sells BHB and will be at the GPA booth this year.  Cubicle 7 has also started selling BHB, but I'm not sure if they have their hard copies yet (gosh I hope so).  IPR has been known not to carry enough copies of BHB for the whole week, so if you stop there do it sooner than later - or track me down at a table if all else fails - I'd love to meet ya  ;D

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2011, 05:16:01 pm »

I looked at the weather at 5 am when I got up for work and it said it was 99 degrees that early in the morning in Indianapolis....

I can't stand it. It has been so hot here like 106 degrees with humidity, I hope it cools off in the next twelve days!!!! :P

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2011, 09:11:48 pm »

Seven more days until we leave!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!! ;D

GAME ON PEOPLE!!!!! :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up