Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Community Conversation  (Read 475820 times)

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
Re: Community Conversation
« Reply #300 on: July 30, 2015, 08:28:38 pm »

Update here. Recently I decided I'm sick of living at home, and since i have a job now I no longer have to deal with it.

So, I've been looking for places. Talk to my sister about it (basically asked how set was she on the two of us living together), and she was perfectly fine with not living with me. She can't leave her place until September/October, and I don't feel like waiting that long. She assured me she'd be fine without me, and to not feel guilty.

Just today/yesterday she learned her two kids can finally get into a subsidized daycare around September (they're going to consider her youngest a toddler because he's advanced despite him not meeting the age requirement).

I swear, April 2014 to April 2015 was a brutal time for my family, but the rest of this year is looking up all around.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 30, 2015, 08:29:54 pm »

Nice.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 30, 2015, 08:30:51 pm »

Happy to hear.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 30, 2015, 09:11:13 pm »

Really glad to hear things are looking up

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 02, 2015, 04:46:12 pm »

Well, after the weekend I now am signed for a new place. Saw about 6 places, and each time they got progressively nicer (and more expensive). Finally at the last one I got the feeling this could be a place I live in, and all the other places just felt like places where I could sleep, if that makes sense. Their issues varied from being small to being too far to be reasonable.

Anyway, my place has a kitchen, then a small living room, then a staircase to upstairs where I have my bathroom and a nice sized bedroom. It was one of only two places I felt I could bring people over without us having to chill in my bedroom, lol.

I also get a common area backyard, basement (with coin dryer/washer), and a storage space the size of a room under my section. Only real downside is I have to park on the road, on a street in front of a school. Mornings could be a bit difficult to get out from, especially in the winter.

The rent is 635 + hydro (which my landlord guess was around 40 a month). Given most decent 1 bedrooms are around 700, I found this acceptable. Especially given the location is:
- A 10 minute walk from my parents
- Literally 2 doors down from my cousins
- Across the street from where my younger sister goes to school

It's funny how quick the process went though. The landlord talked about how others checked out the place already, and the second I flashed my most recent paycheck he was like "can we get this signed by the afternoon?". I guess unreliability it a big issue with renting (I was told by another eager landlord that my competition was basically people on welfare).

Now I gotta get my hydro account set up (which is a bitch given they're only open when I'm at work), my internet set up (my landlord said we can work out someone being there even if it's not the 15th yet), and start buying/getting all the things needed for my apartment.

The start-up costs are likely gonna hit at least 500 though, which kind of sucks. I'm torn between paying 50$ a month for tv I barely watch, or jury-rigging something with my internet as well. Decisions, decisions.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 02, 2015, 05:06:44 pm »

Just don't get any TV. Don't even get a TV. Your internet will handle all of that for you.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 02, 2015, 06:23:59 pm »

Actually this place comes with an abandoned tv, haha.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 02, 2015, 07:10:17 pm »

We found the tv a waste and went for good net instead. Grats on the new place!

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 03, 2015, 07:11:40 am »

Parking across the street from a school: there might be two twenty-minute blocks per day when you can't get in/out of your place. (Depends on how many of the kids get driven to school.)
You most likely adjust to that-it's only when there's an unexpected event that its super inconvenient.
Watch out for stupid kids running in front/behind your car.

Depending on yr apartment: recess is loud.
Also walkers to/from school- hard to sleep through. XD

Congrats on yr new place!

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 03, 2015, 10:40:54 am »

I work 9-5 during weekdays and have weekends off. I'll never have to deal with their noises during the day apart from the morning, haha. I SHOULD be leaving for work just as they're all heading inside, so I might be able to avoid all of that traffic. Even if I can't, the stretch of road I have to go down to get out of the thick of things is like, 50 metres, so I should be alright.

Thanks! It's an exciting feeling, knowing that you're going to be on your own. I've lived with roommates and stuff before, but never just flat out on my own.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 03, 2015, 12:12:02 pm »

Just don't get any TV. Don't even get a TV. Your internet will handle all of that for you.
unless you're into console gaming. ;D

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 03, 2015, 01:03:59 pm »

unless you're into console gaming. ;D

Filthy casual!

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 03, 2015, 04:19:50 pm »

Ever tried playing dark souls on pc? Not very stable.. ^^

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 04, 2015, 09:02:24 am »

Congrats on the flat & stuff  :)

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 14, 2015, 04:26:19 pm »

Congrats on the flat & stuff  :)

Thanks. Tomorrow is the move in date.

Like nearly everyone else I've ever met, my landlord is shit with communicating. I'm literally supposed to move in tomorrow, and I still don't know what time he'll be there. Last I heard he would maybe be there around noon.

It's like the deal with my car all over again. There's even a water spot on the ceiling which he said he'd look into two weeks ago, and when I went there yesterday it looked the same and he hasn't mentioned it at all.

Honestly, I can see why people hate humanity. The fact that people can't manage the basic aspects of their jobs (not only in this case), is utterly pathetic.

Ugilick

• Professional
  • Bound in a logic knot
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: August 14, 2015, 09:06:56 pm »

... Why the F Would people buy a die made from dinosaur bones...

I want such a die. I should be sleeping instead of thread diving.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 14, 2015, 09:48:02 pm »

I want such a die. I should be sleeping instead of thread diving.

Sleeping? At this time of night? XD

Ugilick

• Professional
  • Bound in a logic knot
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 15, 2015, 11:23:42 am »

Sleeping? At this time of night? XD

Early to bed, early to rise. I'm rarely up past 9:30 anymore.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 15, 2015, 12:17:17 pm »

Im going to assume you mean 9:30pm ^^

I do prefer the 00:00 to 23:59 system thingys which i can't remember the name of.

Ugilick

• Professional
  • Bound in a logic knot
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 15, 2015, 12:32:40 pm »

Military time. I use it myself most of the time. Most American's my age don't know what I'm talking about when I use it.

Yeah, I mean 21:30.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 16, 2015, 05:58:35 pm »

Well. It's officially day 2 of my living on my own. Spent the majority of the last 2 days moving things here and buying stuff for my place. I think I've spent around $300 so far, and I still need to buy a desk, a chair, and a loveseat. I'm mostly unpacked now... or rather things are now all in the proper rooms. Still have to do a fair bit of moving things around, but at least the place is livable now.

Days went buy fast though. Day 1 was basically:
- Wake up at 830
- Move stuff into apartment until 2
- Collapse from exhaustion
- Wake up at 430
- Go out and buy some stuff for apartment
- Drop stuff off at house and go to sisters to watch niece and nephew at 5:30
- Finish at 9
- Get back and set up my wireless
- Surf internet beside the router and unpack a bit more till 11
- Cry myself to sleep when I find out my room only has 2 prong outlets

Today was more focused on putting things in their place and setting up/getting blinds and such, but I still got some work to do. My landlord is getting an electrician in tomorrow or tuesday to hopefully fix things up in my room. Funny enough, even the upstairs bathroom has 3 prong outlets; my room is the only place that doesnt.

In conclusion, thus far moving has sucked. Hard.

Malkalack

• Bounty Head
  • Prolific shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 16, 2015, 06:00:09 pm »

If it's any consolation, I don't think there's ever been an instance where moving went smoothly.
doot doot thank mr skeltal

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 16, 2015, 06:00:39 pm »

- Cry myself to sleep when I find out my room only has 2 prong outlets

DAMN.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 16, 2015, 06:14:54 pm »

Also i was thinking, with our curret core group we should a run of Bounty head Bebop!

I mean why not?

And.. 1.5 years later it happends!  ;D

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 16, 2015, 06:17:01 pm »

PbP is slow that way haha!  ;D

Ugilick

• Professional
  • Bound in a logic knot
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 16, 2015, 06:37:31 pm »

PbP is slow that way haha!  ;D

I'm awful glad it took that long!

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 17, 2015, 10:58:22 am »

So Aman's out of the house for six months+ so apparently we have two dogs now.

And my sister immediately brought out one of the rabbits to have them 'meet', terrifying chaos ensued. XD

And also the male dog is less male than that Jenner guy so I guess that's one thing not worry about since he's paired with his sister. They're cute though. We'll see if we're keeping them or not in a couple of days.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 17, 2015, 10:59:36 am »

What happened?! XD

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 17, 2015, 11:19:14 am »

Dog's Perspective - "A delicious rabbit? Don't mind if I do!"  XD

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 17, 2015, 11:36:57 am »

That makes it sound like you've all just been waiting for him to leave so you could get a dog XD

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: August 17, 2015, 11:37:27 am »

Hey look, they greeted me with a meal!

And yeh Kills, I moved in a while ago and still unpacking each evening. Good luck though as it should be awesome being in your own place.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 17, 2015, 11:42:14 am »

Last time I moved I still had boxes of things we never unpacked from the previous move 5 years earlier.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 17, 2015, 11:52:29 am »

That makes it sound like you've all just been waiting for him to leave so you could get a dog XD
More like a way for my mother to cope XD

I was in the other room praying at the time, so all I heard was a lot of screaming and the dogs running all around. Don't know what the hell she was thinking, showing a poor fat rabbit to two easily excitable dogs :P

Hope things work out on your end, Killa.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 12, 2015, 10:50:44 pm »

I feel like everyone should be aware of Pokemon Go, which was announced a few days ago for 2016.

For those of you who played pokemon, remember how you always thought about how cool it would be if it was real?

Well, it's happening (sort of).

It'll be released as a free app, and using augmented reality (a fancy way of saying you'll point at something with your camera and something else will be there too), you'll be able to find and catch pokemon while wandering outside. It'll even have a wristwatch thing that vibrates if a pokemon is nearby (costs extra).

Admittedly there are a number of issues with this, and it likely won't be nearly as impressive as we want it to be, but a company pushing the theme of augmented reality is a really, really cool thing.

And who wouldn't want to catch pokemon for real (sort of).

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 12, 2015, 11:02:07 pm »

I'll buy it... Forge says as his wife plays Pokemon sapphire beside him...

Ugilick

• Professional
  • Bound in a logic knot
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 12, 2015, 11:24:32 pm »

I get to keep living in this world, and now it will have Pokemon. Life. Yes.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 13, 2015, 12:01:10 am »

Thats pretty awesome.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 13, 2015, 05:50:01 am »

Yay Pokemon..

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 16, 2015, 06:16:45 pm »

Short story time:

So today I called in sick. Not a terrible sickness, but my mind was pretty foggy and given I need to think at work, that would have made me rather useless at my job. As a side note, I called in sick at like 9 (left a message), then got a text at noon asking how I was doing. Thinking it was just sort of a follow up text, I went back to sleep and texted two hours later that I'd be good for tomorrow. I was then told a few minutes later (it's now like, 2 in the afternoon) that they JUST played the message now, and in the future I should just text my boss.

So yeah. I think he went for a good portion of the day having no idea where I was or what I was doing. Guess the receptionist wasn't there. Made me feel pretty bad.

Anyway, main topic is that I used this day off to get my car checked out. I did so because last night I started up my car only for a strong smell of gas to appear, my engine seemed extra hot (when I popped the hood), and a random person yelled to me that my back lights were off, which I was able later to confirm was correct. Naturally, I assumed all this meant impending doom and that my car would explode any minute.

Called canadian tire this morning, was able to get in right away, and had a quick talk with the boss there. He didn't believe that there was any impending doom, and that the engine was a normal temperature. He recommended I just get the back bulbs replaces, which I agreed to. I then asked for a battery check, and later asked for an engine oil change while I was there. The damage come out to about 175, which I accepted.

Fast forward 20 minutes and he had good news. My bulbs all worked fine, battery was fine, and he didn't have to charge me for either of them because the checks were included in the oil change. As it turns out, I've been going the entire summer without having front or rear lights on at night. It's also apparently completely normal behaviour that leaving the switch to those lights on (even if the lights turn off), kills the battery.

He did give me some recommendations for tires, which I had asked about, since my treads were pretty faded. End of the day it cost me less than 50$ but the tires are going to be $500+ when I get around to them (seriously, Fark tires).

Kiel_Farren

• Bounty Head
  • Lunar Fang
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 16, 2015, 06:36:48 pm »

then got a text at noon asking how I was doing.

So, you're telling us that--as far as they knew, you just didn't show up to work, no explanation or call before hand (even though you did call, they just did not get it in time) and all you got was a text asking how you were? ... How? What is it you do that involves people that nice? >_> I would've had like, ten calls and at least three people texting me demanding that I explain myself / get my ass to work immediately if I was so much as 20 minutes late.

Edit: "Fark tires" ... that about sums up one morning I had about a week ago. xD
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 06:40:36 pm by Kiel_Farren »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 16, 2015, 07:22:57 pm »

So, you're telling us that--as far as they knew, you just didn't show up to work, no explanation or call before hand (even though you did call, they just did not get it in time) and all you got was a text asking how you were? ... How? What is it you do that involves people that nice? >_> I would've had like, ten calls and at least three people texting me demanding that I explain myself / get my ass to work immediately if I was so much as 20 minutes late.

Edit: "Fark tires" ... that about sums up one morning I had about a week ago. xD

I think what actually happened is my boss arrived at around noon, and the receptionist wasn't there, so no one answered the message. He trusts me (we're talking my third day there and I was already given a key and a code to get in), so he likely figured I was sick and just forgot to mention it. Later someone else arrived and actually answered the machine, thus he was able to put it all together.

But yeah, I love my workplace. Keep in mind this place only has 3-4 employees, so we're fairly close. He knew I wouldn't just not show up without a reason.

Kiel_Farren

• Bounty Head
  • Lunar Fang
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 16, 2015, 07:25:35 pm »

But yeah, I love my workplace. Keep in mind this place only has 3-4 employees, so we're fairly close. He knew I wouldn't just not show up without a reason.

I have ... literally never been in an environment like that. It sounds nice. Slightly jealous atm. I'm sorry you were sick though.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 16, 2015, 07:36:53 pm »

I have ... literally never been in an environment like that. It sounds nice. Slightly jealous atm. I'm sorry you were sick though.

Yeah, if you ever can get into one, a small business is the best type of place to work in. Especially if you can get a chill boss. I lucked out hard.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 10, 2015, 05:50:27 pm »

Damn, haven't seen such a slow day on BHB in a long while.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 10, 2015, 06:46:34 pm »

Damn, haven't seen such a slow day on BHB in a long while.

Yeah.  I guess there's really only one active game atm, & even it hadn't updated since the day before.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: December 18, 2015, 01:59:05 pm »

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20151123-how-dark-is-your-personality

Neato quiz about how evil you are. I am 'Moderately Nefarious', apparently, with a lot of machiavellianism and slightly lower than average narcissism and psychopathy. Takes three minutes-- interested to see the results (even if they are bound to be bogus) ;D

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 18, 2015, 03:10:53 pm »

Moderately Nefarious seems to be the middle ground haha!

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 20, 2015, 02:13:31 am »

I am decidedly dastardly, with sky-high scores in each of them, though psychopathy has a slight lead over the other Narcisism and machievelianism, which are tied for second place. Both almost right at the far end though.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 20, 2015, 02:16:07 am »

I know, I know, try to contain your surprise

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile