Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Community Conversation  (Read 531189 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Community Conversation
« Reply #450 on: February 16, 2016, 07:38:48 am »

In news related to my vacation, the plot thickens. I spoke with my Dad about my to-be vacation. Small background on him is that he's married to a Filipino women, and their condo in the Philippines is done being built now. As it turns out, he's also taking a vacation, but in the Philippines, during the exact same time frame (he arrives there earlier and leaves later though).

Long story short, he wants me to join them, either at some point during my vacation, or to just abandon Japan in general to go there instead. He's been wanting me to go out there for a while now, and seems to think this is the perfect opportunity. His reasoning is we may not be able to get time off together again for a while, though a short reflection after the call reminded me I can take off time whenever so long as I give notice, so that's not really an issue.

Not overly thrilled. I don't really have much interest in the Philippines, partially because there is nothing there, partially because half the time he talks about it it's negative, and partially because I'm pretty sure they're going to get me involved in a bunch of crap I'm not interested in (I'm 100% sure his wife will try to marry me off at least twice if I go). I don't think I would mind a couple days, but using my entire vacation time is really pushing it.

We'll see though. Anyone have any experience with the Philippines here?

I would advise not trying to juggle you dad into the mix, in this case, as it seems like it would eat too much into the whole point of your travels (in addition to hiking the airfare up another 2 grand).

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
  • Keitaro Hokusai, the Drunken Ox of Sendai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 16, 2016, 08:19:31 am »

She got out of surgery last night around midnight, they had to place some kind of mesh? In where they were operating and stitch up some stuff internally. She's weak but she is okay for the most part, sore and tired but alive thankfully.
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 16, 2016, 08:54:17 am »

It's good to hear she's awake & relatively stable.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 16, 2016, 10:30:11 am »

I would advise not trying to juggle you dad into the mix, in this case, as it seems like it would eat too much into the whole point of your travels (in addition to hiking the airfare up another 2 grand).

Yeah. Though as I expected his plan became "abandon Japan and come here instead". He seems excited at the prospect of me coming, but I'm not overly thrilled with trading Japan for the Philippines (even if it cuts the cost by a few thousand). He also keeps acting like this may be a once in a lifetime thing, when I already told him I can take time off whenever so long as I give notice. So unless he never plans on returning to his newly built condo, there's not much lost by me not accepting this offer now.

She got out of surgery last night around midnight, they had to place some kind of mesh? In where they were operating and stitch up some stuff internally. She's weak but she is okay for the most part, sore and tired but alive thankfully.

Good to hear, man.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 10:36:15 am by killa_robot »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 17, 2016, 12:56:32 pm »

Saw a bunch of spider bots reading this, so I popped over to take a look. It sure brings back fond memories!  :)

http://www.bountyheadbebop.com/forum/index.php?topic=436.0

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 17, 2016, 01:01:52 pm »

Saw a bunch of spider bots reading this, so I popped over to take a look. It sure brings back fond memories!  :)

http://www.bountyheadbebop.com/forum/index.php?topic=436.0
Oman I can barely even read that. Ugh. Im so sorry. XD

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 17, 2016, 01:20:07 pm »

Yeah but the spiderbots seem to like it haha!  ;D

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 17, 2016, 02:07:36 pm »

Rokawontsharehisgroupies.jpg
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 17, 2016, 09:55:29 pm »

So the plot thickens even more on my trip.

I asked the cousin I mentioned before if he's interested in going to Japan with me. He's basically in, he just needs to get his finances in check and make sure his school is cool with him missing some time. He'll miss 5 days by going, he's already missed 4, and they can kick you out if you miss 5. He'll check with them tomorrow and come Friday is gonna come over to discuss the trip more. If he decides yes then it's back to the original plan of Japan.

If he can't I'll probably hold off on Japan for another year (or maybe just till the fall) and go to the Philippines instead.

Either way, exciting times.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 17, 2016, 10:01:00 pm »

So the plot thickens even more on my trip.

I asked the cousin I mentioned before if he's interested in going to Japan with me. He's basically in, he just needs to get his finances in check and make sure his school is cool with him missing some time. He'll miss 5 days by going, he's already missed 4, and they can kick you out if you miss 5. He'll check with them tomorrow and come Friday is gonna come over to discuss the trip more. If he decides yes then it's back to the original plan of Japan.

If he can't I'll probably hold off on Japan for another year (or maybe just till the fall) and go to the Philippines instead.

Either way, exciting times.

I've visited my share countries, Japan hasn't been one, needless to say I'm jealous you get to do this. Whenever you get to go I really hope you enjoy it man.

King Playa

• Mob Boss
  • Fark 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 21, 2016, 09:00:19 pm »

Just rewatched the last walking dead episode while waiting for the new one, and while it was a good episode, I think the director\whoever envisioned it did a piss poor job it.

The whole massacre scene was done horribly. Just Farking horrible. I knew it was coming for months, but me and my girlfriend ended up laughing at something that should've had us on the edge of our seats.

Then that ending scene where it went back and forth between characters killing zombies was just cheesy as hell. Could've been worse, but it reminded me I was just watching a TV show.

Fingers crossed for the next one.
What do you call a black guy in the hood? A stereotype you racist bastard!

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 21, 2016, 09:04:01 pm »

Same girlfriend?

King Playa

• Mob Boss
  • Fark 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 21, 2016, 09:07:37 pm »

Yep. Long story short, I needed some lovin'.

And speaking of lovin', looks like Rick caught some good ol Jungle Fever.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 21, 2016, 09:13:15 pm »

Some protected lovin' hopefully?

King Playa

• Mob Boss
  • Fark 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 21, 2016, 09:17:05 pm »

No such thing as fun love when you wrap your glove.

Reckless disregard for infections aside, looks like Rick and Daryl are in for some trouble. What a twist!

Malkalack

• Bounty Head
  • Prolific shitposter
    • View Profile
doot doot thank mr skeltal

King Playa

• Mob Boss
  • Fark 12
    • View Profile

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 23, 2016, 12:31:01 pm »

No such thing as fun love when you wrap your glove.

Reckless disregard for infections aside, looks like Rick and Daryl are in for some trouble. What a twist!

I was thinking parasites, not infections

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 23, 2016, 01:27:37 pm »

I was thinking chest-bursting aliens, not parasites  ;D

Arthesul

• BHB Titan
  • Professional
  • Flying bears, now THAT'S a scary thought!
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 23, 2016, 04:35:34 pm »

He's only using a glove, Drak. Children don't come from those.

Seriously though, how the Fark is "glove" a reference to a dick? Why would you wrap a glove?  Who even wears a glove whenever hands get involved down there? I think Howie Mandell has to be the only one!
Shitty shitters shit shitty shits shittily shitting shittier shits.
See? Fark isn't the only word you can make a sentence out of!

King Playa

• Mob Boss
  • Fark 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 23, 2016, 04:48:39 pm »

Love is an infection, the most dangerous one of them all if you ask me.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 23, 2016, 06:10:03 pm »

Love is an infection, the most dangerous one of them all if you ask me.

Babies, on the other hand...

King Playa

• Mob Boss
  • Fark 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 24, 2016, 10:50:35 am »

Are pretty easily swayed to evacuated with a swift punch to the gut, or a trip down the stairs.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 24, 2016, 11:07:42 am »

Babies, on the other hand...

Tell me about it. We have 5

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 25, 2016, 12:58:07 pm »

Spiderbots read the most fascinating threads haha!

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 26, 2016, 11:29:45 am »

Plot thickens further in my quest for a vacation. Friday came and went with no news from my cousin. Told my dad I'd give him an answer by Sat, and after thinking it over, I decided I really had no interest in all in going to the Philippines, so I told him I wasn't going to go.

Heard back from my cousin couple days ago (he never showed up friday and ignored me for almost a week by now). Apparently his school won't let him miss the 5 days, so he can't go. Not too surprisingly, and I can't really blame him for not being a hurry to tell me (though it was still irritating to not hear from him).

So now we've gone full circle back to the original plan of a solo Japan trip, lol. Time to plan out where I want to visit and buy the bitch of a airplane ticket.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 26, 2016, 11:54:58 am »

Hopefully the tidbits I (and the various others here) help with that decision, either way I expect pics! I want to go so bad.

If me and my GF end up getting married I hope to take her there for our honeymoon. First though, I have to get my divorce finalized lol

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 26, 2016, 12:18:31 pm »

Hopefully the tidbits I (and the various others here) help with that decision, either way I expect pics! I want to go so bad.

If me and my GF end up getting married I hope to take her there for our honeymoon. First though, I have to get my divorce finalized lol

It has. Much of my time around Osaka will be spent trying to get to all the places you recommended. I was actually thinking about pictures. I'm planning to upgrade my phone come April, so hopefully the new one is good enough.

Damn, that'd be quite the honeymoon then.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 29, 2016, 12:52:11 am »

Interesting thing happened with the airplane ticket. Decided I should really look into buying it now, before prices change (Tokyo with Delta went up about $400 overnight a few weeks back).

So I did, sure enough, prices had changed. It was about $1250 (a full $200 more than it was before), to fly from Toronto to Osaka with Delta. Funny enough, I extended the date by one day, and the prices plummeted down to $1000 again. This prompted me to do some more searching.

And as it turns out, I found an even better deal, flying from Toronto to Tokyo through united airlines (no luck with Osaka sadly). Cost was only $800, and the flight times were the shortest I've seen (16 hours both ways). Did some calculations and found that even with buying a bigger train ticket, I still save money with this flight.

This was still with the extended by one day flight plan though. I opened a new tab to find out how much 1 day less would be - $500 more than before. I looked at the flexible dates, thinking this was an oddly huge difference. As it turned out, ALL the flights had seen this sudden price increase, even the exact same flight I still had open in another tab.

So I settled for the extra day, and bought the ticket for $800 while I still could, lol.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 12:57:52 am by killa_robot »

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 29, 2016, 07:47:36 am »

supposedly it's something called yield management software.  It changes the prices depending on perceived demand. 
Allegedly, if you keep looking at the same flight, it raises the cost because you're contributing to that particular flight seeming to be in greater demand.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: February 29, 2016, 09:20:04 am »

supposedly it's something called yield management software.  It changes the prices depending on perceived demand. 
Allegedly, if you keep looking at the same flight, it raises the cost because you're contributing to that particular flight seeming to be in greater demand.

Price is as high when i check on other computers, so i guess i screwed over a lot of people then, lol.

Though 1 of the flights only had about 6 normal seats left (unsuprisingly almost all of the overpriced and first class remain unsold) so im suprised it was that low to begin with.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 22, 2016, 03:02:08 pm »

Doc called today after my last visit with the neurologist theyre scheduling me a week long EEG. I go in April 4th and i dont leave untill the evening of April 8th.

A week without showering, being video taped,and having my skull covered in electrodes. How fun.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 22, 2016, 03:04:06 pm »

Hope it goed well

Morgan_R

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 23, 2016, 02:37:00 am »

Damn. Good luck, Aeon.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 24, 2016, 01:54:19 pm »

Thanks guys I appreciate it!

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 25, 2016, 10:25:04 am »

Well, I guess that means you get 4ish days to chill and do what you want (in the confines of your hospital bed). Good luck.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 25, 2016, 10:53:36 am »

I had to sit in a hospital bed once with a collapsed lung for 48 hours. Just about drove me out of my mind haha!

Good luck with it man. Of course, we didn't have tablets and WiFi back then, so at least you've got that.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 25, 2016, 10:58:44 am »

Lady Z & I have been down in WV this week. Terrible WiFi down where we are haha!

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 25, 2016, 10:59:06 am »

Hey, most hospitals have special showers for when you can't get stuff wet.

They are letting you have wifi, right?

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 25, 2016, 06:44:15 pm »

Hey, most hospitals have special showers for when you can't get stuff wet.

They are letting you have wifi, right?

Yeah WiFi blue ray etc. Just have to wear a skull cap full of electrodes and have my every move videotaped

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 25, 2016, 07:24:51 pm »

So what I hear you saying is, you can't use the Internet for it's greatest purpose?

King Playa

• Mob Boss
  • Fark 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 25, 2016, 08:16:13 pm »

Unless he's into that sort of thing.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 25, 2016, 08:28:03 pm »

So what I hear you saying is, you can't use the Internet for it's greatest purpose?

D:
Aeon can't RP with us?

Arthesul

• BHB Titan
  • Professional
  • Flying bears, now THAT'S a scary thought!
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 25, 2016, 09:08:58 pm »

D:
Aeon can't RP with us?

I'm sure he can still RP with us, he just can't play Twister over skype anymore.
Shitty shitters shit shitty shits shittily shitting shittier shits.
See? Fark isn't the only word you can make a sentence out of!

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 25, 2016, 09:14:49 pm »

I'm sure he can still RP with us, he just can't play Twister over skype anymore.

So that's what the kids are calling it these days...

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: March 26, 2016, 11:57:47 am »

I just seriously laughed so hard

Morgan_R

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: March 26, 2016, 04:36:03 pm »

Yeah, I lol'd. One more reason to hate Drak: he's funnier than me. XD

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 26, 2016, 05:16:52 pm »

<3

It's cool, Killa beats us all out

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 26, 2016, 05:23:09 pm »

<3

It's cool, Killa beats us all out

Oh out.. That's not what I thought you said at first.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 05:24:40 pm by Sethaniel »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: March 26, 2016, 05:48:04 pm »

Oh out.. That's not what I thought you said at first.

Do I look like coin's mom?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 23   Go Up