Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Community Conversation  (Read 475557 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Community Conversation
« Reply #500 on: March 26, 2016, 09:07:31 pm »

Do you have the hat?

Morgan_R

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 28, 2016, 09:10:17 am »

Ahahah, you guys crack me up. For reals. XD

But what's "the" hat? I know TF2 only indirectly, but my coworkers play it like twice a day, so they're all pretty damn good. I'm hoping to get in on the gaming action as we switch to Overwatch.

Arthesul

• BHB Titan
  • Professional
  • Flying bears, now THAT'S a scary thought!
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 28, 2016, 12:57:56 pm »

Ahahah, you guys crack me up. For reals. XD

But what's "the" hat? I know TF2 only indirectly, but my coworkers play it like twice a day, so they're all pretty damn good. I'm hoping to get in on the gaming action as we switch to Overwatch.

Killa posted a picture of an Asian guy with an awesome hat tied onto his head with some sort of hemp rope, and we all instantly knew it was Coins.
Shitty shitters shit shitty shits shittily shitting shittier shits.
See? Fark isn't the only word you can make a sentence out of!

Morgan_R

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 29, 2016, 02:16:19 am »

Ohhhhh. Yeah, okay. Thought it was a TF2 joke. XD

Aaanyway, anyone else psyched for Overwatch? I'm waffling, but will probably just get the 'cheap' version. Been spending too much on things like the special addition of The Quiet Year. Worth it, but... yeah. Gotta keep my spending to a dull roar.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 29, 2016, 09:26:58 am »

Aaanyway, anyone else psyched for Overwatch? I'm waffling, but will probably just get the 'cheap' version. Been spending too much on things like the special addition of The Quiet Year. Worth it, but... yeah. Gotta keep my spending to a dull roar.

I don't do so well with FPS. XD

Arthesul

• BHB Titan
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 29, 2016, 10:27:35 am »

I dunno. It looks to be yet another infinite online Spaceninja Massive Multiplayer number-puncher riding in on the coattails of Warframe's """""""success""""""". If I'm going to go on a spaceninja quest with other players, I'd much rather play the one where I can give in to my crippling MMO farm addiction in ways cheaper than cocaine. Besides, coming from a company like Blizzard? They've always rigorously adhered to the First Law of MMOs, the bigger the company gets and the longer the game lasts, the more eager it will become to completely and utterly whore itself out for money. E.G. Runescape, Roblox, WoW, DOTA, The very concept of Evolve and MQFEL... Granted, they're still fun to play, but it gets really cringey with completely stupid/inane things, and/or things that used to be alright require godawful amounts of time and effort to get without money's assistance, and/or there are ads, and/or, in the worst case, it becomes a pay-to-win. Either way, it all detracts from the experience and eventually ruins the game for me.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 10:32:02 am by Arthesul »

Morgan_R

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 29, 2016, 10:39:25 am »

I agree with both assessments, which is to say I'm also bad at FPS, & also Blizzard is, as they say, a 'working' woman. I've just decided that if my ENTIRE OFFICE is going to be playing a game, I want in. Early enough to kick everyone's ass. So this is our TF2 replacement, basically. ^_^

Arthesul

• BHB Titan
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 29, 2016, 10:56:05 am »

I agree with both assessments, which is to say I'm also bad at FPS, & also Blizzard is, as they say, a 'working' woman. I've just decided that if my ENTIRE OFFICE is going to be playing a game, I want in. Early enough to kick everyone's ass. So this is our TF2 replacement, basically. ^_^

Wait, your office is trading out a mostly free, well-designed, moderately balanced teamwork simulator for a self-stacking Spaceninja pyramid of eternal climbing and downward pissing!? I mean, I know it's a more accurate representation of what actually happens in the workplace, but with the mount of salty tactics that kind of MMO encourages, you'll all be wishing you could still play TF2 eventually! Granted, TF2 is also full of salt and trollancy in pub servers, but if you have a good group together, I.E. an office with people you know....

Gaben will win in the end. He always does... Assuming you can get it on steam, he probably already has...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 11:00:41 am by Arthesul »

vedrisca

• Bounty Head
  • *clickey-clack*
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 29, 2016, 11:57:24 pm »

I dunno. It looks to be yet another infinite online Spaceninja Massive Multiplayer number-puncher riding in on the coattails of Warframe's """""""success""""""". If I'm going to go on a spaceninja quest with other players, I'd much rather play the one where I can give in to my crippling MMO farm addiction in ways cheaper than cocaine. Besides, coming from a company like Blizzard? They've always rigorously adhered to the First Law of MMOs, the bigger the company gets and the longer the game lasts, the more eager it will become to completely and utterly whore itself out for money. E.G. Runescape, Roblox, WoW, DOTA, The very concept of Evolve and MQFEL... Granted, they're still fun to play, but it gets really cringey with completely stupid/inane things, and/or things that used to be alright require godawful amounts of time and effort to get without money's assistance, and/or there are ads, and/or, in the worst case, it becomes a pay-to-win. Either way, it all detracts from the experience and eventually ruins the game for me.

Overwatch sits closer to Evolve, IMO, minus the 1v4 in exchange for the more normal 4v4.  Besides that, the numbers are set between each character (so far), so no Forma, potatoes, or anything that you'd see in the core elements of Warframe.

Arthesul

• BHB Titan
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 30, 2016, 10:38:35 am »

It's not about the gameplay, really, other than the fact that it's an MMO about spaceninjas, but rather that ever since warframe, big companies have been bandwagoning on the Spaceninja idea/aesthetic with whores like Destiny and Overwatch.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: March 30, 2016, 11:01:56 am »

Nt sure how you are linking Destiny in there since it really isn't anything like it at all and isn't space ninja style... And had release info and vids around before war frame came out...

But sure maybe Overwatch...

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
  • Keitaro Hokusai, the Drunken Ox of Sendai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 02, 2016, 10:54:10 am »

Its my bday. Woot
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

mizal

• Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 02, 2016, 12:43:02 pm »

Its my bday. Woot

Have a good one! (try not to think too hard about being one year closer to death...)

Oh, and having looked through a couple of the Dandy Desperado threads, I just want to say it ought to be a crime, you guys never turning anything like that into a storygame. I've really been getting the urge for some fun actiony space games, and I love the setting.

King Playa

• Mob Boss
  • Fark 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 02, 2016, 05:19:36 pm »

Happy vaginal exit day Aeon!
What do you call a black guy in the hood? A stereotype you racist bastard!

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 02, 2016, 08:38:47 pm »

Have a good one Aeon!

As for tales of the Dandy Desperado - yeah that one has been a blast!

We will be running another session of it in a few weeks. Might be able to squeeze you in, if you are still interested by then.

mizal

• Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 02, 2016, 08:57:59 pm »

We will be running another session of it in a few weeks. Might be able to squeeze you in, if you are still interested by then.

Heh, maybe. Remind me in a couple of weeks, I'll have to take a crash course in how the whole system actually works.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 18, 2016, 11:01:20 pm »

Well, finally booked my last hotel tonight. Will be staying in a pretty large variety of places. In order:
Tokyo: Capsule hotel (literally walking distance from Ueno zoo)
Hakone: Ryokan (Hakone is a hot spring city, and is about an hour by bus to Mt.Fuji
Kyoto: Hostel group room (just to the east of center Kyoto, so not far from all the interesting things)
Arima Onsen: Ryokan (Another hot spring city)
Osaka: Hostel single room
Mt.Koya: Temple (Yep, sleeping in an actual temple)
---Interlude where I spend the night sleeping on a train, because that's actually a thing in Japan---
Nikko: Ryokan (about a 15 minute walk from all the temples and shrines)

And then I head back to Tokyo and leave. The ryokans I'm spending the night won't be super fancy, because I refuse to spend over 200 for a night, but I think I'll get roughly the same experience.

Now to hammer out my daily schedules and how to get to said locations. Leaving thursday, so some work to do.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 19, 2016, 06:25:23 am »

Oh awesome!! ^_^

That sounds like a bunch of really great stuff!

---------
Do you wear glasses?  I forget. 
That was the hardest thing about onsen for me. I can't really see without my glasses, but couldn't wear them to the onsen, they'd fog up & I'd be blind anyway.    Oh and my wife (who can't see either, but at least we'd have been together) wouldn't go with me because she doesn't even wear a bathing suit in public without covering it. And yet she insisted I had to go, because . . . ??

. . . Like a shonen manga protagonist, I went to the wrong part.  >_<

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 19, 2016, 09:10:33 am »

Your wife insisted you go because she knew you'd get the wrong room? What a bro.

But nope, no glasses here. Though I can't read, so the possibility is still there lol.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 19, 2016, 09:20:16 am »

What's the wrong part ha ha?

Awesome sounding trip killa.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 19, 2016, 09:31:49 am »

Haha yeah it does look like I meant it like that. XD
It was more like "I don't know why she made me go; a general theme of Japan was "you're not going to avoid doing things because you're afraid of talking to ppl"; a general theme of life is "we're not going to be the ppl who don't do things because it's difficult."

Edit:
The part with all the nude women, Aman.

Oh, because you couldn't go to the mixed bath unless you were in a couple. I forgot to mention that.  Otherwise I'd have just gone there.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 09:37:22 am by Sethaniel »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 19, 2016, 09:57:52 am »

That's a rule I've never heard of before. Then again, hot springs can have their own custom rules, so I'd guess it was a local thing. Where'd you go for that?

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 19, 2016, 10:28:53 am »

It was a ryokan we stayed at in kinugawa onsen.  (It's also perfectly possible I misunderstood.)

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 19, 2016, 10:33:02 am »

Haha yeah it does look like I meant it like that. XD
It was more like "I don't know why she made me go; a general theme of Japan was "you're not going to avoid doing things because you're afraid of talking to ppl"; a general theme of life is "we're not going to be the ppl who don't do things because it's difficult."

Edit:
The part with all the nude women, Aman.

Oh, because you couldn't go to the mixed bath unless you were in a couple. I forgot to mention that.  Otherwise I'd have just gone there.
Oh. XD

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 19, 2016, 08:53:55 pm »

Can't wait to hear of your adventures in Japan!

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: April 20, 2016, 11:34:35 am »

Can't wait to hear of your adventures in Japan!

+1, also, pics dude. Japan is Beautiful.
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 20, 2016, 11:39:34 am »

Sidenote. I maybe going back to school  for a degree in IT. Thinking of focusing on networking, any thoughts? I wouldnt be starting till like June?ish so Ive got some time to decide

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 20, 2016, 12:21:16 pm »

Well, IT is my field, so if you have questions let me know and I'll try to answer them. The upside to IT is everyone needs it to some extent.

System administration/networking is where my teachers always said the money was.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 20, 2016, 12:22:57 pm »

Well, IT is my field, so if you have questions let me know and I'll try to answer them. The upside to IT is everyone needs it to some extent.

System administration/networking is where my teachers always said the money was.

Im thinking Networking is more up my alley TBH. I'm looking to do as much as possible online.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 20, 2016, 01:36:18 pm »

3 big earthquakes in Japan in the last week really makes me think I'm going to experience one while there, lol.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 20, 2016, 02:09:48 pm »

3 big earthquakes in Japan in the last week really makes me think I'm going to experience one while there, lol.

Sounds exciting! (Dibs on Gilbert's exp if you die)

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 20, 2016, 03:23:21 pm »

Sounds exciting! (Dibs on Gilbert's exp if you die)

Dibs on the hoverround

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 20, 2016, 03:48:19 pm »

Feeling the love here, lol.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 20, 2016, 04:25:14 pm »

Just think, if you live through it, you'll have some awesome tales to tell your grandkids (and us) ;D

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 22, 2016, 10:51:02 am »

Keep my family in your thoughts please.

My uncle passed away last night due to a massive heart attack. My family is devestated, he was such a good personand never had a single negative thing to say about anything or anyone.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 22, 2016, 06:07:49 pm »

This year I have had an unusually high number of connections to people who have had heart attacks, but all three of the ones I knew personally pulled through. My condolences Aeon.

Kiel_Farren

• Bounty Head
  • Lunar Fang
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 22, 2016, 06:54:03 pm »

My uncle passed away last night due to a massive heart attack. My family is devestated, he was such a good personand never had a single negative thing to say about anything or anyone.

:( I'm sorry, man... will do. I know how much it hurts to just suddenly lose a good person like that. While we're on the subject of tragic events, though... my father-in-law's buddy just lost his oldest daughter the other night. Suicide. (She threatened to drive into a wall that morning and they didn't believe her. Evidently, she was serious.)

King Playa

• Mob Boss
  • Fark 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 22, 2016, 10:50:04 pm »

Sorry to hear that mi breda, my grandpa passed recently as well, I feel your pain. God bless.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 22, 2016, 11:08:19 pm »

Sorry to hear that man, my prayers will be with you and your family

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 22, 2016, 11:49:15 pm »

Sorry to hear, both of you. 

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: April 23, 2016, 11:30:56 am »

Thanks guys for everything. it means a lot.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 23, 2016, 08:31:31 pm »

While we're on the subject of tragic events, though... my father-in-law's buddy just lost his oldest daughter the other night. Suicide. (She threatened to drive into a wall that morning and they didn't believe her. Evidently, she was serious.)

Man, that's sad.

Kiel_Farren

• Bounty Head
  • Lunar Fang
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 23, 2016, 11:42:36 pm »

Man, that's sad.

Yeah... honestly, I can't imagine how him and his wife are feeling right now. :(

King Playa

• Mob Boss
  • Fark 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 23, 2016, 11:59:53 pm »

That's terrible Kiel. Losing a child like that is something most people could never get over, but I hope they get better.

Just had a buddy try and off himself a few weeks ago, actually. He had a court date in the morning so he got his hands on all the Percocet and Advil he could find. His mom checked on him in the night, and he wasn't breathing too well, but apparently he didn't grab enough.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 24, 2016, 06:20:31 pm »

Yeah... honestly, I can't imagine how him and his wife are feeling right now. :(

I would suspect that they are beating themselves up over it, wishing/thinking that they could have prevented it somehow. The thing is, that I doubt anyone could have (especially if a teenage was involved).

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 25, 2016, 01:08:58 am »

That's harsh stuff...

So let's change the topic.  Day 4 of my trip:
On day 2 I had travelled 35kms on foot around tokyo (no I don't recommend it, my feet hate me now). Day 3 comes along and my face is red with a bad headache. Turns out walking around in the bright side without a hat is another bad idea.

Anyway, Day 3 was meant for Hakone - a hot springs town just outside of Mt. Fuji (it has about 7 different ones). Except it was rainy all morning, meaning a shit ton of fog, meaning I couldn't see Mt fuji. Additionally, I spent 20$ on  a bus to only see a shrine, because my head couldn't take the pounding anymore. Retreated back to my hotel to take a short nap that went from 3pm to midnight. Well, there goes my hot springs trip.

My hotel had an open air bath though, which for Japanese reasons men are only allowed to use from 10pm to 8am. Decided to use it, and it was alright. It was interesting that it was an open air bath with a full view of a mountain behind it. For science reasons i later went to said mountain (which incidentally had a trail) and discovered you can see right into it (making the reason the women bathe during the day all the more obvious, those pervy japanese).Went the full 9 yards and wore the yukata they gave me after too.

But it wasn't a real hot spring. Just heated water in a fancy bath, and it didn't even have milk for sale after so I could briefly release my inner weaboo.  Went back to sleep and woke up at 5. Decided it couldn't end like this, so planned out to go to a real hot spring in Hakone (was actually really close and easy to get to).

At around 11 I checked out and went to it. Long story short it was pretty nice and relaxing. Bathing with old Japanese men isn't as awkward as you'd think and they even had the milk, so I left satisfied.

And now I'm off to Kyoto (and I even managed to get a good view of Mt fuji from the train).

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 25, 2016, 01:12:18 am »

Hurray! Glad youre enjoying it!

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 25, 2016, 09:01:29 am »

Sweet Killa, glad you got to make the best of the day. Keep us updated man

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 25, 2016, 09:14:23 am »

Sounds awesome Killa! ^_*

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 25, 2016, 11:31:42 am »

Sounds so good! Do wear a hat and keep drinking water though!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 23   Go Up