Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Community Conversation  (Read 517483 times)

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Community Conversation
« Reply #650 on: May 13, 2016, 12:33:39 pm »

Social Justice Owl swoops in and glares at you all.

Speaking as someone who uses the women's room: Trans women should NOT have to use the men's room. Also: Women's rooms have STALLS WITH DOORS. Nobody's gonna see anyone else's junk, whatEVER shape it might be. And I'm pretty sure there are more actual trans women than there are men willing to pretend to be trans women to get into the women's rooms to perv on the women.  :P
Bathroom stalls are not impenetrable fortressess ha ha.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: May 13, 2016, 03:14:05 pm »

Not to mention with things progressing the way they are, no one will have to pretend to be anything. If you're going to say transwomen can you the womens room, saying others can't as well is just further discrimination.

We're just leading up to mens/womens' rooms becoming open rooms.

King Playa

• Mob Boss
  • Fark 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: May 13, 2016, 03:41:02 pm »

Don't we have family rooms? I don't understand why transgenders don't just use that, considering it basically is just an open room.
What do you call a black guy in the hood? A stereotype you racist bastard!

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: May 13, 2016, 04:23:52 pm »

Don't we have family rooms? I don't understand why transgenders don't just use that, considering it basically is just an open room.

Oh no.  Oh, God no.  People with kids get *pissed* if you take their special bathroom.  Because don't you know their kids need to use the restroom right now?! What kind of *monster* keeps a *child* *waiting* to use the bathroom?!

One restaurant I went to recently had two restrooms, but they were "either" and "or"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 13, 2016, 05:06:08 pm »

I don't agree with making Gender Identity or 'What You Were Born With' the two litmus tests for which restroom to use.

I suggest that people separate their personalities from their junk and just use the restroom designed for the plumbing they currently carry. So, by this standard, a post-op transgender person should be welcome in the corresponding bathroom without hassle.

King Playa

• Mob Boss
  • Fark 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: May 13, 2016, 05:07:51 pm »

Yup, pretty much the line of thought I had for it.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: May 13, 2016, 06:55:26 pm »

I don't agree with making Gender Identity or 'What You Were Born With' the two litmus tests for which restroom to use.

I suggest that people separate their personalities from their junk and just use the restroom designed for the plumbing they currently carry. So, by this standard, a post-op transgender person should be welcome in the corresponding bathroom without hassle.

So mandatory penis inspection before you use the restroom eh?

Family rooms aren't really common enough.

Kiel_Farren

• Bounty Head
  • Lunar Fang
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: May 15, 2016, 01:29:08 am »

So, by this standard, a post-op transgender person should be welcome in the corresponding bathroom without hassle.

Makes sense to me, honestly. Though Killa's implied point is also valid: you can say that, but enforcing it is another story.

On the other hand, folks, if people really want to abuse the ability to walk into a room, (not exactly a Herculean task) then they will. Period. Hell, people walk into opposite sex restrooms all the time by accident, (I'd hope, anyway--I sure didn't mean to) it's not hard.

Bucky

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: May 15, 2016, 08:12:41 am »

On the other hand, folks, if people really want to abuse the ability to walk into a room, (not exactly a Herculean task) then they will. Period. Hell, people walk into opposite sex restrooms all the time by accident, (I'd hope, anyway--I sure didn't mean to) it's not hard.

The most commonly spouted rationale for why this law is "needed" (that I've heard) is to prevent sexual assaults, and I just find that concept laughable. So a rapist who has limited or no qualms whatsoever about physically abusing another person is going to be stonewalled by a law about not being allowed to walk into a room? Or, you know, slink in when no one is looking? That sounds awfully silly to me. Someone who commits a crime is a criminal, regardless of anything else. And violent criminals, by the very state of being violemt criminals, don't exactly have a high respect for paper laws.

In the military, you have to crap in the right ditch so the entire unit doesn't get infected with your filth, same with prehistoric societies. But aside from that, we've had this pooping thing down pretty well for quite a few centuries, if not millennia. Now politicians are trying to make possibly the simplest task of any life form complex. Don't we have more pressing matters to attend to? Like making our children better at reading and math?
"You wake up in the morning and you look at your old spoon, and you say to yourself, 'Mick, it's time to get yourself a new spoon.' And you do." ~ Mick Jagger

mizal

• Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: May 15, 2016, 08:44:14 am »

This is the solution that uses the most common sense, so of course it will never even be considered. Instead we get a choice between people apparently wanting everyone to have to show their birth certificate to the proper authorities and perhaps undergo a junk check before they step into a restroom, and people who act like being asked to just take their penis into the penis room for thirty seconds is a social wrong on par with slavery or being denied a right to vote.

. Someone who commits a crime is a criminal, regardless of anything else. And violent criminals, by the very state of being violemt criminals, don't exactly have a high respect for paper laws.

Well you see, clearly schools and businesses need to start putting up anti-rapist signs outside of bathrooms, just like schools and their helpful and effective 'this is a gun-free zone' notices. I tell you what, those things just stop criminals right in their tracks, and leave them all helpless and confused and stuff.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 08:50:00 am by mizal »

Kiel_Farren

• Bounty Head
  • Lunar Fang
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: May 15, 2016, 08:57:39 am »

This is the solution that uses the most common sense, so of course it will never even be considered.

... I simultaneously want to laugh and cry at how damn true this is. I'll settle for smiling grimly. 

I tell you what, those things just stop criminals right in their tracks, and leave them all helpless and confused and stuff.

Nope. I take it back, I laughed. xD Good to know I'm not the only one who finds those signs inherently stupid. Yep, they actively tell any real criminals that all law abiding folks will be defenseless in those areas, which I'm sure just absolutely terrifies them. :P

Kiel_Farren

• Bounty Head
  • Lunar Fang
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: May 15, 2016, 09:00:57 am »

And violent criminals, by the very state of being violemt criminals, don't exactly have a high respect for paper laws.

Whaaaaaaaaaaat? Criminals that don't respect the law? Oh, my God... say it ain't so! xD Whatever is this world coming to?

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: May 15, 2016, 10:21:27 am »

:'(

Went to cedar point today.  It's hailing.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: May 15, 2016, 10:36:26 am »

Aww isnt cedar point the rollercoaster place? That sucks. Hope they give you a refund or something. :-/

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: May 15, 2016, 10:48:19 am »

Nah, they're really adamant about the "no refunds ever, we don't care if you drive 7 hours to get here & the only thing that's running is the model railroad."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: May 15, 2016, 10:56:24 am »

Ugh. Thats the worst.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: May 15, 2016, 10:57:48 am »

So mandatory penis inspection before you use the restroom eh?

It's more of an 'honor system'.  ;D

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: May 15, 2016, 11:07:01 am »

Hopefully it will clear up soon! Maybe the lines won't be so long when it does!  :)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 11:16:09 am by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 15, 2016, 11:08:49 am »

My favorite rollercoaster at Cedar Point is the Maverick!  8)

Bucky

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: May 15, 2016, 11:10:11 am »

Nah, they're really adamant about the "no refunds ever, we don't care if you drive 7 hours to get here & the only thing that's running is the model railroad."

I recommend Hershey Park, if you're ever in south central Pennsylvania. Even if the weather is sour, you can always ride the chocolate factory tour on repeat for hours and get free candy.
"You wake up in the morning and you look at your old spoon, and you say to yourself, 'Mick, it's time to get yourself a new spoon.' And you do." ~ Mick Jagger

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: May 15, 2016, 11:14:42 am »

I recommend Hershey Park, if you're ever in south central Pennsylvania. Even if the weather is sour, you can always ride the chocolate factory tour on repeat for hours and get free candy.
Yeah thats great

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: May 15, 2016, 11:15:30 am »

Good to know I'm not the only one who finds those signs inherently stupid. Yep

In case anyone was feeling a little bit too frisky.  :D
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 11:28:04 am by BerkaZerka »

Kiel_Farren

• Bounty Head
  • Lunar Fang
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: May 15, 2016, 11:25:46 am »

What kills me about that, Berka... is that you know they put that one up because some dumbass actually tried it. Like warning labels on some products. xD Gawd. (Just like there is an actual warning label on some chainsaws that says "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals.")
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 11:33:57 am by Kiel_Farren »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: May 15, 2016, 11:27:27 am »

Famous last words: "Here, hold my beer and watch this!!!"  XD

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
  • Keitaro Hokusai, the Drunken Ox of Sendai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: May 15, 2016, 11:45:32 am »

What kills me about that, Berka... is that you know they put that one up because some dumbass actually tried it. Like warning labels on some products. xD Gawd. (Just like there is an actual warning label on some chainsaws that says "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals.")

Have you seen the regulations on Greyhound rides? No corpses, camels, coffins, and a bunch of other bizarre shit
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: May 15, 2016, 11:51:10 am »

My favorite rollercoaster at Cedar Point is the Maverick!  8)

Mines gatekeeper. There's a new one this year called valraven. Looks like it's running, but of course it's got the massive line. XD

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: May 15, 2016, 12:02:27 pm »

I feel like if you've made up your mind that you're going to molest a crocodile, there's really nothing anyone can do to stop you.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: May 15, 2016, 12:02:31 pm »

"Steve, the chainsaw just won't turn off!"
"Have no fear, Frank. There's no chain that can stop my iron rod!"

And so ended the day where Steve was given a Darwin award.

Whaaaaaaaaaaat? Criminals that don't respect the law? Oh, my God... say it ain't so! xD Whatever is this world coming to?

You guys are misunderstanding the real point. Criminals don't want to be caught, and each criminal is willing to take a different degree of risk to accomplish what they want to do. It's not like all criminals capable of molestation wake up and are like "Today is the day I molest someone, NO MATTER THE RISK OR COSTS! THE TIME HAS COME AND SO WILL I!"

There's usually a pretty high chance they'll be seen entering the bathroom, or be seen while in the bathroom. Not being allowed in there means people will be cautious of them and will likely report them. New rules would dictate being cautious of them would make you a bigot, and that you'd just either ignore them or leave if you feel unsafe. The new opportunity available will undeniably increase the chances of something happening.

There's also different degrees of criminals. Not everyone trying to sneak into a bathroom wants to molest someone. Some will be trying to spy on those in there, or maybe they just really like to feel used toilets or something... Point is, not all crimes that could be committed are blatant, and going "Access to the room is not going to stop violent rapists!" is just a way to underplay any other risk that there may be.

King Playa

• Mob Boss
  • Fark 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 15, 2016, 12:48:47 pm »

I hate that place. Lines are way too long, and rides are way too scary.

EndMaster

• Dark Majesty
  • Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: May 15, 2016, 01:16:01 pm »

I hate that place. Lines are way too long, and rides are way too scary.

Lol, I hope you’re joking about the rides. The long lines do suck though.

I remember going to Cedar Point once when it practically rained all day, ended up spending most of the time in the large arcade there so it wasn’t a total loss.

Haven’t been to Cedar Point in a long time though. Last time I went was for my high school senior trip and the newest ride the Raptor just opened. I remember it being fun enough that I went on the ride twice that day. Favorite non-roller coaster ride was probably the Witches’ Wheel.
Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

King Playa

• Mob Boss
  • Fark 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: May 15, 2016, 01:23:08 pm »

Lol, I hope you’re joking about the rides. The long lines do suck though.

I remember going to Cedar Point once when it practically rained all day, ended up spending most of the time in the large arcade there so it wasn’t a total loss.

Haven’t been to Cedar Point in a long time though. Last time I went was for my high school senior trip and the newest ride the Raptor just opened. I remember it being fun enough that I went on the ride twice that day. Favorite non-roller coaster ride was probably the Witches’ Wheel.

Nah, I hate roller coasters. I've got trust issues with machinery, ever since my laundry machine left me for another man.

Is the Witch Wheel the one where it picks you up and spins in the air going hella different directions? Cause I nearly Pissed myself on that one and I'm not even ashamed to admit it

I've had a few friends go there tripping before, and they said they loved it, but standing in line for half an hour made them almost lose their Damn minds in the process.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: May 15, 2016, 01:28:36 pm »

Playa, I am disapointed in you, mi braeda. :(

King Playa

• Mob Boss
  • Fark 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 15, 2016, 02:50:58 pm »

Maaaan I don't even care, lol. You can put me in a police interrogation and I won't even sweat, but put me on a roller coaster and I'll start crying and asking for my mom.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 15, 2016, 04:39:33 pm »

I think valraven passed maverick to take second place on my fave cedar point coasters XD

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 15, 2016, 07:12:17 pm »

I dont like too many rides, they don't scare me really but they do indeed make me hurl violently. Can't do the spiny ones.

Kiel_Farren

• Bounty Head
  • Lunar Fang
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 16, 2016, 12:43:20 am »

Maaaan I don't even care, lol. You can put me in a police interrogation and I won't even sweat, but put me on a roller coaster and I'll start crying and asking for my mom.

Lol. I love roller coasters.

King Playa

• Mob Boss
  • Fark 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 16, 2016, 02:24:26 am »

You're all godless heathens.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 16, 2016, 11:21:45 am »

I dont like too many rides, they don't scare me really but they do indeed make me hurl violently. Can't do the spiny ones.

Yeah, the spiny ones are wicked. XD

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 16, 2016, 04:07:08 pm »

Yeah, the spiny ones are wicked. XD

I would be hesitant to sit down on a spiny ride haha!

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 16, 2016, 04:46:13 pm »

. . . I need to get better at indicating sarcasm.

Kiel_Farren

• Bounty Head
  • Lunar Fang
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: May 16, 2016, 04:49:43 pm »

Lol...

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 16, 2016, 04:59:44 pm »

. . . I need to get better at indicating sarcasm.

I should have quoted Forge!  XD

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 16, 2016, 09:16:23 pm »

Lol

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 21, 2016, 12:34:26 am »

So, Mason (who will probably be the first to read this) just messaged me to ask what my name was on Cys, which is fair since I have posted only sporadically the past year or so.

For no apparent reason I replied this:

Ah,

I could answer thst which you have requested of me, but the answer I would give is not that which you truely seek.

Ask yourself instead who you truely wish to be, under who's aegis shall you stride the fields of CYS. Only then can your own adventure truely begin.

So two questions:
1. Does that make me an ass?
2. What on earth have I been reading that I wrote that?

TheConqueror

• Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 21, 2016, 12:36:49 am »

So, Mason (who will probably be the first to read this) just messaged me to ask what my name was on Cys, which is fair since I have posted only sporadically the past year or so.

For no apparent reason I replied this:

So two questions:
1. Does that make me an ass?
2. What on earth have I been reading that I wrote that?

1. Nah, it was rather silly.
2. I have no idea, maybe you should stop reading for a while. XD

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 21, 2016, 09:23:02 am »

Ain't Nobody got time to read on CYS!

tldr; Writing Site!

;D

King Playa

• Mob Boss
  • Fark 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 21, 2016, 05:53:54 pm »

House of Cards any good? I'm outta stuff to watch on Netflix.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 21, 2016, 06:30:15 pm »

House of Cards any good? I'm outta stuff to watch on Netflix.

It's decent, gets worse as it goes along though IMO.

Suits? Have you seen Psych? (Watch all of it immediately if you haven't).

Supernatural?

House (Amazing)?

White Collar is pretty hilarious too.

Daredevil has some amazing fight scenes.

Scrubs is also very funny.

Kiel_Farren

• Bounty Head
  • Lunar Fang
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 21, 2016, 06:37:20 pm »

House (Amazing)?

Yeah, House is a good show. I was actually watching a few episodes today.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 21, 2016, 06:45:02 pm »

If you end up liking daredevil, try Jessica jones.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 23   Go Up