Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Community Conversation  (Read 475319 times)

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
Re: Community Conversation
« Reply #750 on: June 24, 2016, 05:33:20 am »

*Raises hand*

Is Australia bigger than Africa?

Australia: 2.97 million square miles

Africa 11.67 million miles

Tim

• Bounty Head
  • <Insert witty text here>
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: June 24, 2016, 05:56:58 am »

Australia: 2.97 million square miles

Africa 11.67 million miles
Okay, that made sense and was a stupid question.

How about...

ASIA!

(Wait, does that mean 3 Austrailias can fit into 1 Africa?!

SUPER AUSTRALIA)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 05:58:38 am by Tim »
It's all fun and games until the radroach kills half your vault.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: June 24, 2016, 06:50:04 am »

17.21 million

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: June 24, 2016, 09:29:04 am »

*Raises hand*

Is Australia bigger than Africa?

Note even close.  :D

mizal

• Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: June 24, 2016, 10:43:02 pm »

(Wait, does that mean 3 Austrailias can fit into 1 Africa?!

My brain read that as "does that mean 3 Australians can fit into 1 African?!"

Kiel_Farren

• Bounty Head
  • Lunar Fang
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: June 24, 2016, 11:00:23 pm »

I mean, probably, but I don't know if anyone here really needs that question answered.

Tim

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: June 25, 2016, 02:22:16 am »

« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 03:47:10 pm by BerkaZerka »

King Playa

• Mob Boss
  • Fark 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: June 25, 2016, 04:13:14 am »

I mean, probably, but I don't know if anyone here really needs that question answered.
What do you call a black guy in the hood? A stereotype you racist bastard!

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: June 25, 2016, 12:55:24 pm »

Hey McDonald's has Powerpuff girls happy meal toys ?!

Is there a new ppg thing happening?

(Please don't let it be a travesty like what they did to Teen Titans)

Arthesul

• BHB Titan
  • Professional
  • Flying bears, now THAT'S a scary thought!
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: June 25, 2016, 02:50:27 pm »

I think they made a new cartoon with Anime Transformation sequences, and from that alone I think it might be a TTG slaughter fest.
Shitty shitters shit shitty shits shittily shitting shittier shits.
See? Fark isn't the only word you can make a sentence out of!

Tim

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: June 25, 2016, 03:51:19 pm »

I saw, like, part of an episode at my niece's house.

Yes.

And it is.

Kiel_Farren

• Bounty Head
  • Lunar Fang
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: June 25, 2016, 08:12:56 pm »

I think they made a new cartoon with Anime Transformation sequences, and from that alone I think it might be a TTG slaughter fest.

You sure you're not thinking of PPGZ? Because the reboot has nothing to do with anime last I checked, but there IS a PPG anime, too.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: July 12, 2016, 10:18:31 am »

You know you're getting old, when trying to start a flooded weed-eater on a hot day, kicks your ass five ways from Sunday!  :P

King Playa

• Mob Boss
  • Fark 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: July 13, 2016, 09:42:12 pm »

So I was walking back from probation today and I noticed some people who came to Cleveland for the RNC. Don't know if they were helping set up or just some loonies who escaped from the nearest shelter care facility, but meh, whatever.

So they start off on the typical right wing shpiel, "Abortion is murder, Obama's taking our guns, Reagan is God," ya know, the usual shtick.

BUT THEN, I shit you not, this random bitch with her megaphone started running up to black women and asking how it feels to be a murderer. I shit you not, this chick went on a rant about how all black people abort their babies, and that the Black Lives Matter movement is a hate group designed to take down white America. Then she starts bringing up some shit about how the New Black Panthers will be arriving to the RNC armed, fully within their rights as citizens of the U.S.A., but then the chick starts going off about how they should be stripped of their weapons because they pose a danger to society... ya know, kind of the same thing people have been telling them for years?

"Remember kids, everybody should have a gun. Grandma, the mail man, Hell, little Tommy even really loved that AK I got him for Christmas last year, you should've seen the look on his face before he blew it off! You know... unless they're brown, of course. Asians are fine, but I don't trust me no guns with no darkies."

The funniest part about this little shit show is that it's going down in front of Tower City in downtown Cleveland. Now, for those of you unfamiliar with the area, Tower City to Cleveland is what Grand Central Terminal is to NYC. You never know who is coming from where, but considering you've gotta be rich as tits to live downtown, the vast majority of people down there come from everywhere from the suburbs to the east side.

So this woman is running up saying all these heinous things to people she doesn't know who could be from God knows where carrying God knows what, and she just doesn't give a Fark. Really, I don't know if she's brave or just stupid. Either way, it's dangerously so. This one big Ass black chick got in her face loud as Fark and was about to stomp this little old white lady's head into the curb for talking to her like that, before some of the more sensible people she was demonstrating with realized what was going on.

Tldr: God I love America.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: July 13, 2016, 09:44:05 pm »

Oman I forgot that the Convention is happening soon ha ha

King Playa

• Mob Boss
  • Fark 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: July 13, 2016, 09:47:22 pm »

It's about to be Farking crazy downtown when it does. They're closing the probation building on W.3rd for a while week because of it. They didn't even do that for the Cavs parade, and there was over a million people downtown!

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 13, 2016, 09:55:53 pm »

I hope something goes down ha ha. Not out of spite or anything (I'm voting for Trumptm!), just because it'd be crazy ha ha

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 13, 2016, 10:41:20 pm »

Same old shit from both sides. The only difference is the label.

King Playa

• Mob Boss
  • Fark 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: July 20, 2016, 06:19:31 pm »

So I got caught in the crossfire between protesters throwing piss at each other downtown the other day. I don't think I've ever been so close to striking a stranger before on my life, let alone in front of a cop.

Goddamn, I could tell they weren't from around here either. Cleveland finally just banded together for the Cavs, then some Assholes from out of state show up and make CNN think we're the most backwards Ass city in all of the Midwest.

Worst part is since they had so many cops stationed downtown, they didn't have enough to patrol either the East or West side sufficiently. This was the deadliest weekend of the year so far for Cleveland, even a Farking two year old got shot. Plus, it doesn't help that they made downtown look like the scene from a dystopian film with all the fences and kicked out the homeless. There was no legitimate reason to hold the RNC in a city that wasn't sufficiently equipped to handle it. The whole city basically came to a standstill during the Cavs parade, for Christ sake.

Malkalack

• Bounty Head
  • Prolific shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: July 21, 2016, 12:20:57 am »

This is a day late, but Ben Carson's speech was a thing about beauty. Religious people be crazy, yo.
doot doot thank mr skeltal

Arthesul

• BHB Titan
  • Professional
  • Flying bears, now THAT'S a scary thought!
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 01, 2016, 04:46:35 pm »

Can anybody explain Pathfinder Game-Building for dummies to me? I have some foggy understanding of how it works, (and by "Foggy" I mean, "I just have ideas of what I want to try to do, and I roll dice whenever the GM tells me to".) but I'd like to know how to get a better idea of its workings, so I don't do things (as) stupid in-game, and I can suggest races/classes/puzzles and things in a savvy way next time I get invited to a brainstorming session.  (It feels a lot better to say, "Here's something we could do!" rather than "Could we do this?")
Shitty shitters shit shitty shits shittily shitting shittier shits.
See? Fark isn't the only word you can make a sentence out of!

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 12, 2016, 11:54:40 am »

So I feel like ranting for a little bit. Yesterday I saw Bad Moms with my sisters and mom. FYI: turns out it's not a very family friendly movie.

Anyway, the humour was alright. Though you should be warned that literally 1/4th of the script is either the word vagina, tits, or Fark. It's pretty low-brow as far as most of the humour goes. But it's a chick flick, so that's to be expected.

What annoyed me was how the movie was just about pandering to women, largely at the expense of men. I mean, it's a chick flick sure, but holy shit it pandered hard.

For starters, literally every male character exists to either service women, or is weak/useless. That's it. Literally every one.

A) The main character's husband is a literal manchild.
b) The main character's love interest is sexualized by every woman in the movie, and seems to exist solely to benefit them. He has no goal besides getting with the main character.
c) The main character's son is an underachiever (in contrast with her overachieving daughter).
d) The main character's boss is a dick who does a complete 180 and grovels to her later in the movie.
e) The main character's friend's husband is a dick (sort of) who does a complete 180 and grovels to her later in the movie.
f) The main character's friend's son is just a big dumbass.
g) The gym coach at the school is another manchild.
h) The principle is just sort of there to do the bidding of the women in the movie.
Hell, even a random cop that tries to stop them when they wreck a supermarket quivers and runs in fear when one of the three main characters slightly moves towards him.

And that's all the male characters. The worst offenders were the son and friend's husband though.

So the son is the opposite to the daughter. The main character (his mom), currently does everything from making his food to doing his homework for him. She does this for the daughter too, but the daughter actually has aspirations. At one point, she stops, and tells him he's entitled and should stop acting that way. And he does. It's actually decent character development. The thing is...the daughter is probably worse than the son in personality, yet instead of getting reprimanded, she gets a day at the spa, and some bonding time with her mom. While the son moans a bit during the movie, the daughter literally tells her mom she hates her, and that she's a terrible mom, and many times acts like an entitled brat. What does the mom do? Apologizes profusely and begs for her daughter to tell her what she can do to be better.

Like holy shit, what? Why treat them so differently?

Then there is the friends husband. So this friend is a stay at home mom of 4 kids, with the husband at work. At one point they're out and he approaches her and is like "why ain't you watching the kids, it's your job, go watch them". She acts really submissive and agrees and hurries home, much to the scorn of the friends. Later on the husband (for whatever reason), has agreed to watch the kids and is like "you have to come back I can't do this". Pretty reasonable, given there are 4 kids, and presumably he's never watched them alone before. As someone who has watch 3 kids before, I know you can get overwhelmed pretty damn quick. Her response is to angrily respond "find a way to make it work", then hang up.

Whatever, that's fine. We're lead to believe he's been a dick to her for a while, so her being empowered or what have you here makes some sense. The part that makes no sense is the following day, when the two of them, with their four kids, walk to the school, and he's been made her bitch. Like, he carries everything, and she smugly asks him if he forgot something, to which he says yes, and she's like "well it ain't gonna get itself, go get it", and he listens to her and timidly walks back to get it. She then walks over to her friends to discuss how they want to relax today.

But why? She's the stay at home mom. It's literally her job to watch the kids. Why the Fark is she acting like she's in charge now? Why couldn't they just respect each other and acknowledge each other as equals?

Main character also annoyed me at the end. So her boss is a dick, like mentioned before. Rather than be a big girl about it, she simply decides to just stop coming into work for a while. She's then all surprised and upset to find they fired her when she actually decides to show up. End of the movie the boss has gone the way of all the other men, and is now begging for her to come back because the company is falling apart without her, claiming he'll do anything.

Does she ask for what she deserves and graciously accepts it? Haha, no of course not. She makes a list of demands, then when he says okay and asks if she can come in right away, she's says great and that she'll show up sometime next week when she feels like it.

Moral of the story? Men are useless, women run the world, and all you have to do to succeed is act like the world owes you something (because apparently if you're a woman, it does). Ironically, the world not owing you something is the very argument the main character had with her son to get him to smarten up.

Man, that was a longer rant than I expected.

Bucky

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 12, 2016, 09:09:48 pm »

Dang, Killa. If there's any truth to the commercials, you might be in need of a Snickers.
"You wake up in the morning and you look at your old spoon, and you say to yourself, 'Mick, it's time to get yourself a new spoon.' And you do." ~ Mick Jagger

EndMaster

• Dark Majesty
  • Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 12, 2016, 09:22:25 pm »

It was written by the dudes who wrote the Hangover. They probably just went overboard with the girl power stuff since they figured that’s what women would like to see in the movie.

Really I’m more disappointed to hear that they aren’t really acting “bad” in the traditional sense. I figured they’d be more like female versions of Billy Bob Thorton’s character from Bad Santa instead (irresponsible behavior, excessive substance abuse, excessive swearing, disregarding their kids entirely, committing petty crimes, generally being horrible, etc). Or at least Peggy Bundy level times 10.
Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 12, 2016, 10:45:36 pm »

It was written by the dudes who wrote the Hangover. They probably just went overboard with the girl power stuff since they figured that’s what women would like to see in the movie.

Really I’m more disappointed to hear that they aren’t really acting “bad” in the traditional sense. I figured they’d be more like female versions of Billy Bob Thorton’s character from Bad Santa instead (irresponsible behavior, excessive substance abuse, excessive swearing, disregarding their kids entirely, committing petty crimes, generally being horrible, etc). Or at least Peggy Bundy level times 10.

Oh they do all of that too lol. I just wasn't bothered by it because, well, it's exactly what I went in expecting. If anything even when they were trying to be bad "moms" they mostly just came across as bad people. The worst thing they did parenting wise was not make their kids breakfast (they threw parties and broke laws but the kids weren't near them then).
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 10:47:42 pm by killa_robot »

King Playa

• Mob Boss
  • Fark 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: August 22, 2016, 02:55:13 am »

Is CYS acting up for anyone else or is it just me? I was able to post on it a few weeks ago with no incident, but I'm not able to now for some reason.

It's not my phone acting weird this time either, it's not working on my computer now.

King Playa

• Mob Boss
  • Fark 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: August 22, 2016, 03:02:41 am »

Also, shame on Negative! If he's gonna leave us a vague suicide threat, the least he can do is follow through with it!  >:(

Patar

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 24, 2016, 10:25:26 am »

Is he the guy that said that going bald is worse than your family dying?

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 27, 2016, 12:13:13 am »

I think the CYS thread was deleted :(

Anyway, I'd say there's drama, but really everyone is acting so moronic I can't even consider it real drama. Malk is shitting on Kiel pretty damn hard though, so he's probably most likely to get banned at the end of all this.

Also wasnt that ivatus guy banned?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 12:15:50 am by killa_robot »

Malkalack

• Bounty Head
  • Prolific shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: August 27, 2016, 08:09:58 pm »

Spoke to 3J over in the IRC chat. Probably not going to get banned.
doot doot thank mr skeltal

iavatus

• Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: August 27, 2016, 08:13:28 pm »

Cant ban someone so fabulous. Its one of the rules of the internet.

3J

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: August 28, 2016, 04:12:36 am »

I think the CYS thread was deleted :(

Anyway, I'd say there's drama, but really everyone is acting so moronic I can't even consider it real drama. Malk is shitting on Kiel pretty damn hard though, so he's probably most likely to get banned at the end of all this.

Also wasnt that ivatus guy banned?

I moved it away to mod central, but when alexp put notifications in, he made it possible for people to continue posting in there, so I had to delete it. (Thanks for the reminder, Mizal).

King Playa

• Mob Boss
  • Fark 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 28, 2016, 01:55:36 pm »

Man, I always miss out on the CYS fights.  :(

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: August 28, 2016, 03:59:07 pm »

Man, I always miss out on the CYS fights.  :(

They're pretty shitty tbh. It's 4-5 people going "No you're mad! I'm not mad! You're so mad!" for several threads.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 04, 2016, 10:33:28 am »

Finally moving into College, so I'm gonna be more busy and my posting rate may decrease

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: September 04, 2016, 10:36:48 am »

Finally moving into College, so I'm gonna be more busy and my posting rate may decrease

Honestly, I had more free time in college than high school lol. You should be fine.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 04, 2016, 10:41:17 am »

That would be good ha ha

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 04, 2016, 12:04:08 pm »

Which college Aman? (you know, so we can stalk ya an such)  ;)

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: September 04, 2016, 02:08:16 pm »

Rutgers ha ha

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: September 04, 2016, 03:06:12 pm »

Last time I drove through New Brunswick was 20 years ago haha!

Or is it Newark campus or that other one?

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: September 04, 2016, 03:37:44 pm »

New Brunswick woot woot ha ha.

You're not missing much. It's not the prettiest campus ever ha ha. Just big

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: September 04, 2016, 06:21:31 pm »

New Brunswick woot woot ha ha.

You're not missing much. It's not the prettiest campus ever ha ha. Just big

Wait what? Why are you in Canada?

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: September 04, 2016, 06:30:01 pm »

New Brunswick New Jersey LOL!

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: September 04, 2016, 06:30:49 pm »

Boom!

3J

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: September 04, 2016, 11:25:39 pm »

Wait what? Why are you in Canada?

lol that's what I thought too, and New Brunswick of all places.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: September 05, 2016, 10:49:06 am »

Well, I mean, he WAS in Canada about two and a half weeks back (I even got to see him), but yeah, Rutgers is not in New Brunswick, haha

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: September 05, 2016, 12:14:00 pm »

He should just move to Canada though to make it easier for a tabletop game. Somewhere between Drak and I. Maybe reddeer

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: September 05, 2016, 12:17:14 pm »

How about u move to mew york

King Playa

• Mob Boss
  • Fark 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: September 05, 2016, 02:07:30 pm »

Everyone should come to Cleveland! We have LeBron! And the rock hall of fame... Which is kinda alright, I guess.

3J

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: September 05, 2016, 08:33:50 pm »

He should just move to Canada though to make it easier for a tabletop game. Somewhere between Drak and I. Maybe reddeer

LOL
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 23   Go Up