Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Community Conversation  (Read 536168 times)

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
Re: Community Conversation
« Reply #250 on: September 08, 2014, 03:20:37 pm »

So, I'm rediculously impatient recently. I assume it's related to a number of things include a massive work examination coming up soon but it's getting annoying since I'm normally not an impatient person.

I have a pre-order for a game I've been waiting for, for over two years that comes out tomorrow and yet I want to go to the midnight release and buy one or buy the digital copy as well simply to get a couple of hours play time in before work. I refresh every internet comic I'm reading like 4 times a day 'just incase they updated it' even though it's a weekly comic and they updated yesterday... I keep hitting refresh on here even though I know it would be impossible for anyone, even if they didn't have jobs/school and were diverting their entire day and concentrations into updating the games to keep up with every post. At work I sent an e-mail and was getting pissed off that I didn't have a reply near instantly even though it was a long and complicated e-mail that would need looking up to find the answer too.

Does anyone else get like this when stressed?

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 08, 2014, 03:23:50 pm »

Hell no! yes. Yes i do.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 08, 2014, 03:26:34 pm »

Right after typing that I got pissed off with our water boiler (one of the mini ones for hot drinks) cos it had to take 10 seconds to do somthing before I could get hot water from it.

You know somthing is wrong when you can't wait 10 seconds for hot water...

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 08, 2014, 03:28:23 pm »

Not quite, no.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 08, 2014, 03:31:43 pm »

So, I'm rediculously impatient recently. I assume it's related to a number of things include a massive work examination coming up soon but it's getting annoying since I'm normally not an impatient person.

I have a pre-order for a game I've been waiting for, for over two years that comes out tomorrow and yet I want to go to the midnight release and buy one or buy the digital copy as well simply to get a couple of hours play time in before work. I refresh every internet comic I'm reading like 4 times a day 'just incase they updated it' even though it's a weekly comic and they updated yesterday... I keep hitting refresh on here even though I know it would be impossible for anyone, even if they didn't have jobs/school and were diverting their entire day and concentrations into updating the games to keep up with every post. At work I sent an e-mail and was getting pissed off that I didn't have a reply near instantly even though it was a long and complicated e-mail that would need looking up to find the answer too.

Does anyone else get like this when stressed?

XD

I contemplated waiting for an hour to reply, but D screwed it all up. XD

But yeah, feel the same way sometimes. XD (Like, Seth says "I'm working" and I wait. XD (Also, I stay up waaaay to late for this site. XD)

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 08, 2014, 03:47:10 pm »

Quote from: Aman
(Like, Seth says "I'm working" and I wait.

Hey, I try to post anyway. . .

XD (Also, I stay up waaaay to late for this site. XD)

Me too.  Its like, as long as someone else is still online, I have to keep replying. . .

Which game, forge?

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 08, 2014, 03:52:48 pm »

Destiny, the new game by Bungie.

I'm admittedly a self professed Bungie fanboy but I love their games and played the Beta of Destiny last month. So far it was one of the best I've ever played, it's a first person shooter with loads of actually relevant RPGS aspects like class and subclass choices, customizable weapons and armour etc and the story so far has been good. It's also ver pretty.

XD

I contemplated waiting for an hour to reply, but D screwed it all up. XD

But yeah, feel the same way sometimes. XD (Like, Seth says "I'm working" and I wait. XD (Also, I stay up waaaay to late for this site. XD)

I thought ppl might... And it bugged me, that's why I went to make a drink, so I wouldn't refresh this page like 30 times until I saw a reply

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 08, 2014, 04:26:59 pm »

I totally get what you all mean. What I do is find a random flash game or even entertaining app that takes little concentration but I can focus on in it between anything that takes time.

Water heaters are terribly frustrating for me though haha.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 08, 2014, 04:45:04 pm »

Hmm... Sounds like a job for Xanax haha!  ;)
(with the appropriate prescription of course)

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 06, 2014, 01:53:10 pm »

This is the first November in years I haven't done NaNoWriMo.  It feels. . . weird, and empty.
Anyone else ever do nano?

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 06, 2014, 01:56:50 pm »

XD

Only person who does is Morgan, I think.

Sonemine

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 06, 2014, 03:07:38 pm »

Only person who does is Morgan, I think.

Quiller's doing Halcyon Days for NaNoWriMo, I believe. I plan on doing it next year.
If you're reading this, my current profile picture is legit a picture of me. No pretending to be a girl this time.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 21, 2014, 07:52:49 am »

Been offline for the past two days - and just popping in from work on the WAP connection.

I'll have Thursday the 37th through Sunday the 30th off work, so I plan on catching up here on BHB then.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 21, 2014, 07:53:52 am »

Hmm... the 27th I mean haha! (No editing of the WAP apparently)

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 21, 2014, 09:03:25 am »

XD

Hope your schedule lets up BZ.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 21, 2014, 11:32:46 am »

Welcome back briefly BZ, hope it all calms down a bit for you

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 21, 2014, 01:58:30 pm »

Random but, everytime I am reading posts, I love the new pics.

Then I get confused as to who is posting.

Then I link it in my head to the 3J game chars, then I forgot who is playing who

The finally I just read the name below each post to keep track...

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 21, 2014, 02:53:36 pm »

Yeah, I love my new pic, but it's confusing as heck. XD

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 21, 2014, 03:58:16 pm »

I agree with all of the above.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 29, 2015, 10:25:32 am »

No way! I just met someone actually named Udo haha!

(And he was here with his companion named Yorgan)  ;D

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: April 29, 2015, 10:29:40 am »

Wha?!

Man, Im sorry. He must of been disgusting. XD

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 29, 2015, 10:42:27 am »

I couldn't tell - those vicious squirrels wouldn't let anyone get near him!  XD

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 03, 2015, 12:26:51 pm »

Aman  01:21:56 pm Viewing Who's Online.

Stalker!  ;D

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 03, 2015, 12:30:46 pm »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 12, 2015, 05:49:03 pm »

So by Monday I should have a car.

Fark they're expensive.

God damn.

And it's bright green, so I'm gonna be travelling in style.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 12, 2015, 06:08:06 pm »

Swag[?] Killa ;D

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 12, 2015, 06:23:26 pm »

Swaggity indeed. Congrats killa. ^_^

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 12, 2015, 06:27:08 pm »

Aw Yeah!  ;D

Arthesul

• BHB Titan
  • Professional
  • Flying bears, now THAT'S a scary thought!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 12, 2015, 10:11:01 pm »

How does the img tag work? I swear, the comment used to be completely relevant up until I had to edit it in order to make sense.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 10:28:57 pm by Arthesul »
Shitty shitters shit shitty shits shittily shitting shittier shits.
See? Fark isn't the only word you can make a sentence out of!

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 13, 2015, 05:19:52 am »

Code: [Select]
[img]picture.jpg[/img]

[img width=200]picture.jpg[/img]

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 13, 2015, 02:55:02 pm »

So by Monday I should have a car.

Fark they're expensive.

God damn.

And it's bright green, so I'm gonna be travelling in style.

XD no way! I have a bright green car too XD so great for finding in parking lots.

ItAintPretty

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 13, 2015, 04:18:28 pm »

XD no way! I have a bright green car too XD so great for finding in parking lots.

I bet mine is even easier to find.  It's such a rattle trap that everyone is afraid to park too near it.  It's almost like having private parking wherever I go.  ;)

But, at least it's old enough that I don't have to hire a mechanic when something goes wrong, I can fix it all myself.    :D
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 08:23:54 pm by ItAintPretty »

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 12, 2015, 07:07:13 am »

For those interested (since I know a lot of the members here have watched the originals):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=unnLg1TPCYM

Thoughts? I dunno, I'm usually against rehashing stuff just so a washed-up actor can make money (Terminator >_>), but that's pretty much been Bruce Campbell for a long time so I think they can make this work, haha.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 09:23:44 am by BerkaZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 12, 2015, 07:31:37 am »

Cant Farking wait. ^_^ (duh)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 12, 2015, 09:24:52 am »

That looks so awesome haha!

I thought it was for a movie, but they're going to do a series? Damn! Hope it lives past the first season!  ;D

Arthesul

• BHB Titan
  • Professional
  • Flying bears, now THAT'S a scary thought!
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: July 16, 2015, 06:06:12 pm »

I think it has potential. We'll know for sure if a guacamole-colored oldsmobile shows up.
Shitty shitters shit shitty shits shittily shitting shittier shits.
See? Fark isn't the only word you can make a sentence out of!

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 16, 2015, 08:28:07 pm »

I actually think him coming back for one more movie now is just really fitting for the feeling of the old movies. Gonna be awesome

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 16, 2015, 08:47:46 pm »

Its a tv series not a movie. XD

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 16, 2015, 11:57:55 pm »

Ooo even better!

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 28, 2015, 08:36:08 pm »

I'm gonna rant a little here. The topic of this rant is my sister, or rather, the fact that she has two kids and absolutely no one to watch them.

Some background is my sister is a really passive person. Not only is she passive, but she's stubborn in her passiveness. This results in her basically just letting others do what she wants, so long as she herself doesn't have to do much. So she got a boyfriend a few years back. It took all of a few months before we realized he was basically a man-child, likely to never change, and just in general no good for her.

But, she's a passive moron, and stayed with him for a whopping 5ish years before finally breaking it off. Of course, during this time she had not one, but two unexpected kids. Her boyfriend already had one of his own, so now he has three and she has two.

Now, she's always had issues finding people to watch her kids, but when she was with him he was always around (because he's in and out of jobs), and usually pretty willing to watch them. Now not so much. He's willing, but usually only when its convenient for him. Of course, he has no license either, so him watching them at night doesn't happen. To make things more hilarious, he's not paying child support, and she's still paying his phone bill. Of course, she doesn't want to do anything against him in either of those cases, because she's a passive moron and thinks it will piss him off and he'll refuse to watch his own kids.

The reason I mention him is one would think the father or mother would be the go to people to watch their own children. If they're not working, it should be them 100% of the time. But no, instead my sister blames everyone else. Refuses to try and do any legal action against him, or for us to just threaten him, when he is refusing so much. Instead she's constantly looking for other people to watch her kids. Other people usually being me or the father's mother.

Now, I don't mind watching my 1 year old nephew and 3 year old niece once in a while, but it's at least once a week, and usually it results in my day going -> wake up -> work for 8 hours -> get home and eat -> have half an hour to do something -> watch her kids -> come back and have about 2 hours before I need to sleep.

When I was unemployed I didn't really give a Fark, but it's rather annoying to do it now.

But like I said before, that's not even the worst part. The worst part is she constantly bitches and complains about people not wanting to watch her kids. My mother is her biggest target. Admittedly, my mother is kind of a bitch in that she'll project herself as this great mother, and then constantly make up excuses in order to get out of doing anything. She's said many times she'll go out of her way to watch the kids, changing her shift, etc. Then when she's called on it, even on her days off, she usually finds an excuse not to help, and usually its a pretty lame excuse.

The thing is, my sister should already expect this by now. Listening to her complain is like watching someone smash their head against a wall and then comment that it hurts every time. She already knows what the Farking result will be. She needs to stop wasting so much time complaining and actually try to solve her shit instead.

Worst still, all the way back in December she was telling me she had it all figured out, and come February-ish she would never need me to watch them anymore. Now, July, she's telling me something similiar, in that around September or some shit she'll have a way. But I know that's a lie, and that come September the exact same thing will happen.

Also, she's been complaining about being poor basically since she moved out. Now she's complaining while she was "kind of" poor before, now she's as poor as she's ever been. Honestly, I have a hard time giving a Fark though. I've seen no difference in how she acts despite her complaining how poor she is.

And now she wants to get a place together, because things will be easier for her. I can't deny it either; it would be a lot easier for her. She'd save money, and would be able to live in a bigger place. Despite me saying I don't want her to be in a situation where she needs to rely on me, and her reassurance she doesn't want that either, she's already sending me links to places I know she won't be able to afford without me.

To top it all off, I can't think of a single reason to want to live with her, other than it will be good for her. I'll just be paying quite a bit more money for a slightly worse off situation. It wouldn't be "my" place, because I know the kids would take over all the main rooms. Even if I get my own room, or an entire basement, it'd still just be "a room" like I have now. My sister is incredibly messy; despite her claiming the cause is his children, she's always been that way. I can still remember her being so lazy that rather than take her laundry to her room, she'd just change in the laundry room. And while I'm sure she'd deny it, me living there would give her convenient access to a babysitter. I'd also have to deal with all the crap that comes with living with children.

But, I'll end up doing it anyway, cause I'm the oldest, and I know she needs me. Along with having no benefits, being the oldest comes with the responsibility of looking after everyone else, lol.

So yeah, there's my rant. And as arrogant as this sounds, I really wish I knew someone smarter than me in RL to talk to sometimes.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 09:52:40 pm by killa_robot »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 28, 2015, 08:55:25 pm »

It's a hard situation but going purely by what you have said and now actual personal relation or knowledge of the facts... She is basically acting how an addic does (types of behavious can be classed and treated as if the person has an addiction even if they do not) basically she wants people to rescue her without her having to put in the time or effort or risk herself.

I have a distant relative who was like this, he did come from a messed up home but his father passed away leaving him, his sister and his mum. His mum worked her ass off for them both but he never appreciated a thing. While his sister worked solidly through summers and weekends to fund herself through Uni... He smoked pot and talked about how things were other people's fault, then tried trade school, then Dropped out... Then went back... And his mum funded it all. But never appreciated his mum putting in massive time and money and effort in on his behalf. He got into a bad relationship and of course had a kid cos that would 'fix' things. Things got worse. Finally his mum was near having a breakdown and since he hit rock bottom for the xxxxxxth time he agreed to go to a rehab where she also had to go for them both to have counselling.

Basically long story short (sry for the rant hijack there) He was a passive user, unwilling to change his behaviour and blaming everyone else and she was an enabler. Her rescuing him enabled him to keep going like that and not face reality. She was told she couldn't bail him out anymore, couldn't give him places to stay when he defaults or didn't pay rent, couldn't cover his credit cards etc.

It is really harsh but my advice would be similar to you since she seems to be the same way, a passive user who blames others. Having a boyfriend like her gave her a source to blame and now still does so she won't let him go.

I am very sorry if this comes across as offensive but I can only go by your rant for the facts.

Don't let her live with you, watch the kids less and less. It will be hard and very harsh but when she goes off and complains as she often seems to do you just have to remain calm and reply "I'm sorry but I cannot put my own life on hold and commit to a situation which is no better for me when we both know for a fact that you could easily deal with everything yourself. He owes child support and you still pay his bills, stop paying them and tell him you will take him to court for the money. It doesn't matter if he says he won't watch the kids since he will either still do it because he is their dad or his money (back pay too) will cover their childcare fees."

She will not agree and will prob really go at you but sadly each time she is helped, she won't change her behaviour. She needs to accept that it is her problem and needs dealt with.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 28, 2015, 08:56:38 pm »

Oof.

Know someone with the same problem. 3 layabout brothers, and she always has to help them out, first with helping them get a ride (and then they crash it), all the way to helping when one of tbeir wives gets jailed.

At least you can feel good about yourself helping your sister. Says a lot about who you are, imo. (Forge's advice is still solid tho)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 08:59:18 pm by Aman »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 28, 2015, 09:20:41 pm »

100% agree with forge.

Though it's likely that it won't actually fix any problem she has. She'll just find someone else to latch onto the way she does to you; but at least your life will be easier.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 28, 2015, 09:28:32 pm »

Just my opinion but:  Don't move in with her.

Everyone I have ever known who had a relative like that and let them move in "just temporarily" "until I can afford a place of my own" regretted it almost instantly, and for a very very long time.

If she lives with you, she'll expect you to be a full-time babysitter to her kids (cause you're home, aren't you?  why can't you watch the kids?)
Not to mention, you'll mostly likely end up paying for everything because she's so "poor," even though she'll always seem to have money to spend on herself.

If you do this, you're enabling her. 

Being a good older brother doesn't always mean having to let your younger siblings shirk all responsibility and refuse to act like adults.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 28, 2015, 10:15:28 pm »

Don't let her live with you, watch the kids less and less. It will be hard and very harsh but when she goes off and complains as she often seems to do you just have to remain calm and reply "I'm sorry but I cannot put my own life on hold and commit to a situation which is no better for me when we both know for a fact that you could easily deal with everything yourself. He owes child support and you still pay his bills, stop paying them and tell him you will take him to court for the money. It doesn't matter if he says he won't watch the kids since he will either still do it because he is their dad or his money (back pay too) will cover their childcare fees."

He's been on welfare for the most part, which she claims means she can't take him to court. Though, he recently got a job. With that in mind, his Macdonalds job won't cover the bills for his place and child support. Even if they did, child support isn't enough to afford paying someone to watch her kids. Hilariously, he has custody of his first child, because the mother is a literal retard and eventually gave up her rights to him because it was more convenient.

Tangential-rant: So many people abuse the system, yet the system doesn't help those that actually need it. I'm thoroughly appalled at the Canadian welfare system.

You probably have a point with her being a user. Thing is, she can't easily deal with the situation. If it was so easy to deal with, I would have just brute forced the solution by now.

We'll see how it goes. Earliest she'd be able to get into a new place is October. Situation could change by then. She just got a second job, but might drop it already because the cost to have her kids watched during the time is basically what she'd make while they're being watched. She currently works as a PSW, so her hours are all over the place (part of the problem when it comes to her finding people to watch her kids).

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 28, 2015, 10:22:47 pm »

I don't know how Canada works, but in the US, the court can take child support out of your wages before you get them. And they don't care if you don't have enough to pay your bills.  One of my friends takes home $17/week after child support.  The only way he can afford a place to live is by renting a room from the guy he works for (in exchange for work.)

(Not that it would help her, if he's still in the picture he'd probably just leech off her/you.)

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 28, 2015, 10:38:23 pm »

Tangential-rant: So many people abuse the system, yet the system doesn't help those that actually need it. I'm thoroughly appalled at the Canadian welfare system.
It's like that in America too :-/

Not really experienced in this type of thing. I do know that we let a small family of 4 (including the parents) practically move in our house using the basement, and once they did that it was pretty much 2 whole years of them coming in for the weekend, spontaneously break stuff, show no sign of changing, and leave. But we couldn't say anything, because they're family. After two years we started to complain, since basically all our chores doubled (mostly cleaning) and we couldn't really use the basement as much anymore. We stopped 'inviting' them to spend weekends with us, but that only meant that the family spent more time at someone ELSE's expense, even if said people enjoyed them there, the fact was that they were still permanently struggling and not changing their status of dependence.
So after some hard talking we convinced them to get out of the US so they wouldn't have that rock of dependence and instead just have other family which will help them out in lesser doses. So after forcing the issue after months and months the guy got a steady job and seems to be doing well. Definitely much better than he was.
Point is, and I don't know if you can apply this, you need to slowly wane them off their dependence on you. I think that's what Forge said. Hope whatever happens works for you, Killa.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 28, 2015, 11:48:40 pm »

Yeh, it will never be easy. My advice is blunt as I have had a relative do what I described so I get a little more worked up over it. Also yeh, never seen a country with a good system that works...

With the best will in the world it took years to fix my relatives situation and he is still a work in progress, he was seriously messed up though in other ways so hopefully it will be easier? It will be slow, it will be hard and it will at times feel like complete crap however so long as she has the 'get out of jail free card' she will use it. The forcing the courts on the other guy is more symbolic than really about the money, he is a crutch to her, somwhere to point yet still link too so she has a safe 'blame target' she can always Blame while protecting him and the link.

Just a prediction but somthing I have seen a few times, if she moves in with you the house will definitely be somthing she would struggle to ever afford alone. It is possible you will have agreements and carefully laid out guidelines about it but they will all be broken very fast and she will have no intent of moving out meaning you will then be stuck in a house you are mostly paying for, looking after her kids pretty much constantly finding that every room in the house has been taken over and you don't feel like any of it is yours but even if you bring things up with her there will ALWAYS be an excuse ready and promises of things being sorted out soon, then you'll go back to footing all the bills for a house you barely use apart from as a babysitter. You won't be able to kick her out cos where will she go?

Again, harsh I know but I watched this happen for years with my relative so I am clearly (even to myself) putting personal bias in here.

Malkalack

• Bounty Head
  • Prolific shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 30, 2015, 01:42:11 pm »

Sorry to hear, Killa. : /
doot doot thank mr skeltal

ItAintPretty

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 30, 2015, 03:06:47 pm »

Well, let me preface this by saying that I am in no respect an expert in this, but I am the oldest of six.  It took me about a decade to get up nerve enough to say that enough was enough.  For some reason, my siblings either couldn't hold onto a job or they just couldn't afford to live on their measly earnings.  They weren't all like that.  In fact, the youngest of the lot, a sister, worked her way through school while supporting her children and their deadbeat father while he sat on his lazy butt playing video games and refusing to watch their children or help out in any way around the house.  (When she finally booted him to the curb, it was a changing point in her life and I felt so proud.)

Anyway, back on topic:  While I was helping the rest pay their bills -- while they had cable TV, a decent vehicle, went out to eat, etc, while I would be eating beans three meals a day and walking to work to save money, doing without a phone and electricity sometimes -- it slowly dawned on me that I wasn't doing them any favors by letting them remain immature.  I decided that it was time they stood on their own two feet.  It was a very difficult decision, because two of them had kids, but they needed to learn to be adults.  They could make it on their own, they just never had to.  While I kept close tabs on them (just in case) even though I was the last person in the world they wanted to ever see again, they managed to struggle through and learned that it wasn't that difficult.  Not only are they fully capable of taking care of anything that life throws at them, but they are fully functioning and contributing members of society.

Now, I have a better relationship with them than I ever had previously.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 03:08:22 pm by ItAintPretty »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 23   Go Up