Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Origins & GenCon 2012  (Read 15437 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Origins & GenCon 2012
« on: November 08, 2011, 12:57:53 pm »

Hi all  ;D

This year, it looks like Lady Z and I will only be able to swing 1 Convention - so we are leaning heavily towards Origins (closer, cheaper, free food, & 5 days O' gaming).

I'll have a tenative Origins schedule out in a day or so...

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Origins & GenCon 2012
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 08:15:41 pm »

Or a week or so...  :P

BZ

Nestor

• BHB Insider
  • Professional
  • Bringin' a gun to a knife fight...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 12:44:17 pm »

I've always had to limit my convention-going to once a year.

This year, though, the financial issue is making Origins go up the queue. I enjoy GenCon more, since more of my peeps show up there, but with two kids in college at the same time, I need to cut corners.

I guess it would come down to hotel and incidental costs...
Free-Floating Agent of Chaos. Reasonable Rates. Inquire Within.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 07:06:03 pm »

I'm a toss up on Origins vs. GenCon.

I like Origins best for the cozy 'all in one place' aspect, and it's 3 hours closer to us, and 5 'official gaming days vs. 4' + $60 in food vouchers.

I like GenCon for the massive scale of it, and that it's commercially better visibility for my game, and that more of my friends make it there than Origins.

But things are slowing down economically (including the momentum of BHB sales) so I have to choose just 1 this year...

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 07:11:12 pm »

Oh, and I'm almost decided on an Origins Schedule.  I'll be running 3 QAGs games, 2 BHB Games, and a d20 Call of Cthulhu  ;D

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 04:50:37 pm »

OK, here are the blurbs for the games I'm going to run - though I'm still working out an exact timeframe and one more game (I'll add it here when I decide)...

Rise of The Hexslingers BHB
A rogue sun called Helios Hyperion (Sun High-One) has just appeared outside the solar system at less than a full light year away. The proximity of the new star is causing massive turmoil in the System’s own Sun and only a very few can see and know the truth – an unstable wormhole of galaxian proportions has opened between the centers of each star, while energy from Helios Hyperion is pouring through – threatening to spark a super-nova! An introduction of Magic into the world of Bounty Head Bebop.

This Ain’t No Loveboat (Operation APE) BHB
A pleasure cruise ship on the Jovian water-world of Europa is hijacked by Eco-Terrorists (members of the militant ‘Anti Psychic Evolutionists’). What do they want with the 18,800 ton water vessel and how can they be stopped? Play Bounty Head Bebop with its Creator.

The Rocky Horror Muppet Show QAGS
Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem have been hired to play a gig at a rather strange convention deep in the English countryside at the castle of one Dr. Frank-N-Furter (a scientist). Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Gonzo the Great, and Fozzie Bear are also along for the ride, to help the band set up for the show; while Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and his ever faithful assistant Beaker have been invited personally by the good Dr. Frank-N-Furter to sit as ‘special guests’ on a scientific panel to be held during the con. Why anyone would hold a ‘Transylvanian Convention’ in the first place, much less use it as a discourse for scientific discussion, is anyone’s guess – but you got to admit, Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem sound pretty sweet playing that ‘Let's Do the Time Warp, Again’ number they’ve been working on lately…

Dungeons & Drag Queens QAGS
You are the glamorous members of the Azure Moon Disco Cabaret – Drag Artists on the eve of a huge Pageant, when things suddenly go crazy and you find yourselves thrown into a fantasy world of swords and sorcery! Can you survive the perils, maintain your dignity, and find a way back to the real world in time to win the big show?

Nazi Sasquatch Death Squad GAGS
Nazis in America at the height of WWII? Robbing Fort Knox with a Sasquatch Death Squad? Not if the Bureau of Unordinary Gentlemen have anything to say about it!

Let me know if you have any suggestions for another BHB or d20 Call of Cthulhu adventure plot  :)

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 10:45:27 am »

How does this sound for a d20 CoC Adventure?

Operation Bravo Shot d20 CoC
The first thermonuclear hydrogen bomb, detonated March 1st, 1954 at Bikini Atoll. Officially; a top secret venture between the Atomic Energy Commission and the Department of Defense to test these powerful new thermonuclear weapons. The truth; mankind’s only hope against the awakened wrath of the once slumbering god of the sea – the Great Cthulhu...

I was thinking having the investigators be Marshallese Islanders, with some unknown force having raised up R'lyeh in one of their home atolls. As Deep Ones enslave their population, and the Great Cthulhu begins to sweep ships from the seas, the PCs must find the source of the spell that rose the sunken city and its god, then enlisting the help of the US Government, lure the Great Old One to Bikini Atoll, where the hydrogen bomb awaits…

Thoughts?

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 12:20:11 am »

Hi all  ;D

This year, it looks like Lady Z and I will only be able to swing 1 Convention - so we are leaning heavily towards Origins (closer, cheaper, free food, & 5 days O' gaming).

I'll have a tenative Origins schedule out in a day or so...

BZ

It's not looking good for Lady Z and I to get to either of the big conventions this year. I hate to say it, but even Origins is now questionable...

BZ

Nestor

• BHB Insider
  • Professional
  • Bringin' a gun to a knife fight...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 03:30:39 pm »

I know the feeling. I'm facing having two kids in college this year, so I'm afraid I may have to give up going to any con this year. :(
Free-Floating Agent of Chaos. Reasonable Rates. Inquire Within.

Rbree

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 02:20:45 pm »

Strang you should be writing Bravo shot.  I'm working on a similar Idea about the 1945 Nuclear Bomb detenation in the Pacific.   Found out the US Govt had a poison gas research lab in the Pacific and it set me to thinking what if the gas had be reanimation gas... or bacteria... and the bomb test was being staged to clense the island.  And what if an unknowing team was sent in to get something for the lab 24 hours before H hour  and what if a renegade Ntzi sub was also after someting on the island...  So that's my version.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 03:55:58 pm »

Pretty nifty ideas there - I love playing adventures that touch on and tweek real history  ;D

BZ

BoboLogic

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 12:32:30 am »

I will be at Origins this year and I'm going to run enough games to get a GM badge, 16 hours is enough, don't want to try for 32 hours yet, but that $60 food voucher sounds cool. I'm thinking of running at least two BHB games
Important mercenary safety tip: If there is plastic sheeting on the floor and furniture of the room you are entering to meet someone, don’t go in!

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 10:21:44 pm »

I will be at Origins this year and I'm going to run enough games to get a GM badge, 16 hours is enough, don't want to try for 32 hours yet, but that $60 food voucher sounds cool. I'm thinking of running at least two BHB games

Awesome! Let me know if you need anything (pointers, adventures, resources, etc) and I'll hook you up  ;D

BZ

BoboLogic

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 03:37:24 pm »

thank you sir. I will take whatever advice you have about dealing with Origins and running a game there. I'm an experienced GM and RPG gamer and plan on coming fully prepared, but this will be my first time running a game at a convention. 
Important mercenary safety tip: If there is plastic sheeting on the floor and furniture of the room you are entering to meet someone, don’t go in!

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 09:26:41 am »

Not much to it once you submit your game to the con.

The key is a good blurb to attract players; lots of prep work on your part, so you have everything you'll need; then game  ;D

BZ

BoboLogic

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 07:11:29 pm »

sounds good sir
Pages: [1]   Go Up