Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Psychosis and willpower  (Read 10379 times)

Dracain

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
Psychosis and willpower
« on: March 22, 2012, 10:52:47 am »

I was reading through the book, and I thought to myself "it's kind of weird that someone with willpower 1 has the same psychosis limit as someone with willpower 5, or even 10".  So with this in mind I thought up this alternate setup.  Someone psychosis maximum (the number they must stay under or go insane) is a multiple of their willpower, either WILLx3 or WILLx4.  Even with this setup, someone would still be able to go up to the second to last psychic skill in their list without going insane(if they had 5 WILL), but it they where willing to spend the XP to get willpower, they could avoid the insanity.  The WILLx4 option means they only need 6 WILL to keep from going insane, whereas the WILLx3 option means they need 7 WILL to keep the crazy down.  The WILLx3 option probably makes more sense, as the last skill can often be really REALLY strong, so it should be hard to get the skill without going insane.  Using this setup you can also just get the skill and get the therapy after the GM has some fun with your psycho psychic. 

If the therapy doesn't bring the psychosis to under the crazy limit of your character, there are two ways this can be handled.  The first is that the psychosis is brought down to 1 under the crazy limit.  The second (and my preferred choice as I think it makes more sense) is simply that the character must pay more XP (2XP per 4 psychosis points, as in the book). 

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Psychosis and willpower
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 11:16:44 am »

This is an interesting idea and worth trying as a house rule to see how it works in application :)

Something to keep in mind though, is that every time you fail to use a power successfully, you gain a point of Psychosis – so the lower your Willpower, the faster you will rack up the extra points to the Limit (that’s the difference between Willpower Scores you mentioned above).

Also, having played long enough, I am inclined to suggest adding an extra Luck Point Option: to resist the Effects of Psychotic Breaks (as some are adventure ending on a single bad roll).

BZ

There, now it's official  ;D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 11:32:09 am by BerkaZerka »
Pages: [1]   Go Up