Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Con on the Cob 2012  (Read 11412 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Con on the Cob 2012
« on: June 26, 2012, 09:08:39 am »

Con on the Cob (Oct 11 - 14)

Lady Z and I will be going again this year and I'll be running more events. I've submitted a schedule, and will post it here once it's approved  ;D

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Con on the Cob 2012
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 08:39:01 am »

2012 CotC Schedule (Oct 11 – Oct 14, 2012)

Thursday Oct 11
4-6pm      Delver Stomp!                    
6-10pm     Dungeons & Drag Queens               

Friday Oct 12
8-12pm                     (Open)      
12-4pm   Heart of the Oni                  
6-10pm     Rocky Horror Muppet Show                 

Saturday Oct 13
12-4pm                     (Open)      
4-8pm     Hive of Scum & Villainy               
8-10pm   Delver Stomp!                    

Sunday Oct 14
12-4pm                     (Open)      

The Rocky Horror Muppet Show
Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem have been hired to play a gig at a convention deep in the English countryside at the castle of one Dr. Frank-N-Furter (a scientist). Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Gonzo the Great, and Fozzie Bear are along for the ride, to help the band set up for the show; while Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and his faithful assistant Beaker have been invited to sit as ‘special guests’ on a scientific panel to be held during the con. Why anyone would hold a ‘Transylvanian Convention’ in the first place, much less use it as a discourse for scientific discussion, is anyone’s guess – but you got to admit, Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem sound pretty sweet playing that ‘Let's Do the Time Warp, Again’ number they’ve been working on lately…

Dungeons & Drag Queens
You are the glamorous members of the Azure Moon Disco Cabaret – Drag Artists on the eve of a huge Pageant, when things suddenly go crazy and you find yourselves thrown into a fantasy world of swords and sorcery! Can you survive the perils, maintain your dignity, and find a way back to the real world in time to win the big show?

Heart of the Oni
College Students are sucked back in time to face a powerful demon that threatens Feudal Japan and holds the key to returning them to their own time. Channeling the Spirits of the Ancestors, they must invoke the Samurai, Wu-Jen, Ninja, Brawler, Zen Archer, and Priestess if they are to have any hope of survival! Play i20 Fantasy with the Creator of the Bounty Head Bebop RPG.

Hive of Scum & Villainy
Welcome to the biggest rock in the asteroid belt – Ceres; a hive of scum and villainy. Just the place for a new crew of space pirates to test its metal and make a name for itself. There are plenty of fat ships out there for the taking - if you can survive the competition. Play Bounty Head Bebop with its Creator.

Delver Stomp!
The Dungeon Building Delver Stomping Game of Wicked Fun! You are the Dungeon Overseer! Build your Dungeon, hoard up all the Treasure, and sabotage your Opponent’s attempts to do the same – all the while keeping one step ahead of those Pesky Delvers!

A Card, Dice, and Board Game all in one!

Endless Flight

• Outlaw
  • Groovy-Fu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 05:35:23 pm »

Looks like a full schedule!
www.RPGPUB.com - The Shrine to Escapism.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 08:58:32 am »

Yeah, it should be fun - though Con On The Cob is sort of a crapshoot for running games. Sometimes I run everything, and sometimes I have to cancell a game or two due to lack of players.

We'll see  :P

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 12:37:24 pm »

Things are at looking pretty good for running our games at the con - at least we have enough folks pre-signed up for them. Lady Z & I will let ya know how they go  :)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 02:55:03 pm »

Well, it's been a while since I had to prep games for a Con (too long) - but I'm done and ready to go  ;D

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 01:41:22 pm »

Well, I am happy to report that Con On The Cob treated us really well this year! I ran all of our events and Lady Z and I had some fun with Todd E. and also the Rogue Cthulhu guys as well. It was also nice to run into FaePooka too  =)

Of note:

Our Dungeons & Drag Queens game was hilarious fun, while The Rocky Horror Muppet Show was a chaos-fest of total Muppet mayhem and insanity. It was quite entertaining, but was much harder to run than I thought it would be.

Heart of the Oni went really smoothly, with a group of folks who really played well together (Lady Z even managed to get through it without dropping the ‘F-Bomb’ on her fellow players this time LOL  ;)); and I swapped Hive of Scum & Villainy out for playing Ghost In The Machine for a full table instead. By that point, I’d had enough of shoot’em-ups and asked the table if they would mind me switching the adventure for a more ‘role-play’ centered game. They all agreed and we had a great time playing – with a very quick opening combat scuffle, some space combat, and then really entertaining role-playing the rest of the way through.

I also got to run my Delver Stomp! Game a couple of times and got some good feedback. I think I’m going to use what I learned from Delver Stomp to make a Cult-Building Mythos Game, where you build up your own Mythos Cult to summon your Patron Great Old One to win the game.

Lady Z and I also played in the Rogue Cthulhu games, Boarding Party & Far Beneath The World Below. Boarding Party was pretty much just a shoot’em-up with Cthulhu flavor, made somewhat irritating by an overly detail-obsessed player who just couldn’t do anything without describing it in excruciatingly banal/anal detail and trying to impose his will on the rest of the players. Fortunately, we broke the ‘Seal Team’ into two parties and Lady Z and I were not on his team, so we could ignore most of his crap.

Far Beneath The World Below was a much better game (Cthulu-wise) and was a lot of fun to play (even with me and another player fighting over the spotlight quite a bit). In the end, when everyone was going insane, the guy tried to get revenge by teaming up with his friend to kill my character off. I’m happy to say that while they did succeed, I managed to pull both of the dirty rats down with me, hehehe!  ;D

Fun Stuff!

BZ

Nestor

• BHB Insider
  • Professional
  • Bringin' a gun to a knife fight...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 01:50:27 pm »

Heh. I still use the "We're not a SEAL team, we're the A-Team!" incident to illustrate the idea of keeping to genre conventions in games.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 03:56:00 pm by Nestor »
Free-Floating Agent of Chaos. Reasonable Rates. Inquire Within.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 03:00:19 pm »

Heh. I still use the "We're not a SEAL team, we're the A-Team!" incident to illustrate the idea of keeping to genre conventions in a games.
Yeah, I totally wanted to use that, but I was like 'wait a minute, in this case we really are  playing a SEAL team... Darn...'  ;D

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 03:05:48 pm »

Ash and Heather were also at the Con and we saw them for a round of Delver Stomp on the first day. They then went off to do a lot of Cthulhu the rest of the con and we didn't see them anymore. I wonder if they got eaten...

Nestor

• BHB Insider
  • Professional
  • Bringin' a gun to a knife fight...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 03:57:41 pm »

Cthulhu Saves!
In case he's hungry later.

;D
Free-Floating Agent of Chaos. Reasonable Rates. Inquire Within.
Pages: [1]   Go Up