Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yuki's Gatestone Quest  (Read 33787 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Yuki's Gatestone Quest
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2013, 04:18:11 pm »

Immediately, Yuki senses that danger is very near...

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2013, 04:26:00 pm »

Yuki immediately stops and attempts to search for the danger she senses before proceeding. If an area is too dark for her to see properly, she pulls out the mask and activates increased sight.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
  • Miya Sugai (Mythic Nippon)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2013, 09:06:32 pm »

Miya stumbles for a second as Yuki helps her up.

"At least I'm not dead, maybe your luck will rub off on me some more." She smiles.

Miya says nothing more as she quickly looks about the area for the Oni as she readies her bow and arrows for a long battle.
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years." -Unknown
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2013, 01:30:56 pm »

Looking at the nearby shrine, Yuki and Miya see a ghostly form suddenly begin to manifest - uncoiling itself slowly!

It is currently translucent and not altogether there - but is a fourteen foot long, three foot wide, giant red pincer-headed centipede demon with one glowing crystal eye!

As the two Samurai-ko ready their weapons, it fully manifests and springs at them with alarming speed!

---

(OOC - Combat Round Intentions please)...

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2013, 01:59:47 pm »

Yuki quickly decides to mess with the chi of the oni, and uses Discord on it. She then casts Jinx to ensure it misses them, and finally Killjoy on the massive creature, hoping that will help the two of them survive against it.

"Ew, it's kind of gross..."

She remarks, as she burns a surge point to allow her to take two shots at the oni, with the help of her multi-shot ability.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2013, 11:01:15 am »

"Well then, attack?"

Miya prepares to shoot once and aims for the creatures leg. After shooting she notices shoot again... that everything is still and she has this mad desire to shoot again... shoot again. After No what feels like a few minutes of shoot again... just standing there saying no in her head she shoots Fine. at the Oni's face this time; noting that everything starts up hehehe... again.

What in my ancestors name was that? Miya thinks while trying to survive.
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2013, 12:59:08 pm »

The Oni-Makuda pulses with spirit energy and activates Initiative and Amazing Celerity – racing forward like lightning and attacking before Yuki and Miya can even react!

Yuki manages to get a Jinx off however, and it narrowly misses sinking its venom-dripping pincers into her body! Not finished with its attacks however, the fourteen foot long monster throws its coiling lengths around both Yuki and Miya!

Yuki manages to duck under the thing and step back a pace, while Miya takes a grapple Crit (countered with Luck) and is caught!

Yuki casts Discord on the Oni and then Killjoy and then burns a Surge Point for Multi-Shot. She watches in alarming disappointment, as the giant centipede easily slips both of her arrows – but can take consolation in having forced it to spend two Luck Points on one of the attacks to dodge it.

Miya meanwhile, spends an action to successfully wriggle free of the coils and then spends a Surge Point to shoot twice – the fiend missing the first dodge, due to Discord (would have been a Crit) and Botching the other. The Oni-Makude takes 21 Damage as a silver tipped arrow thunks into its side – and then another 27 Damage when she sends her second arrow down its oversized maw!

---

(OOC – on to round two – post as ‘intentions’ please, not set actions…)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 01:34:23 pm by BerkaZerka »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2013, 01:19:50 pm »

Yuki attempts to use Jinx again on the oni, and to spend another surge point for another 4 shots at it (with multi-shot).
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 05:00:32 pm by killa_robot »

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2013, 06:07:14 pm »

Miya struggles to get far away from the Oni while trying to shoot at it twice again.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2013, 07:59:01 pm »

The Oni-Makude thrashes wildly after getting hit down the mouth and throws two coils around Yuki, trying rip her head free from her body. The first coil misses due to Jinx, but the second one gets her in a nasty Choke Hold Crit for 12 Points of Damage and then the beast rushes in to bite her with its poisoned pincers.

Yuki spends a Luck Point to counter the Crit and then, not wanting to risk being poisoned, throws another Jinx to cause the attack to miss. She then tries to wiggle free and manages to do so, on her second action. She then spends Surge to fire twice with Multi-Shot, but misses twice – as the lightning fast creature proves to be very evasive.

Miya then fires her bow at it twice and also misses both times – as she Crits on the first shot and the Oni-Makudi Crits on the Dodge (ties always go to defender) – and the demon activates Uncanny Dodge to save itself from the second shot.

---

(OOC – Round 3…)

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2013, 08:30:16 pm »

Deciding she needs to take the offensive, Yuki uses a surge point to interrupt the oni. She then attempts to fire off 2 arrows at beast.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 08:51:17 pm by killa_robot »

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2013, 11:43:51 pm »

Miya continues to shoot twice at the Oni but makes sure to dodge as well.

OOC: lol Just keep shooting twice Just keep shooting twice.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2013, 07:49:01 am »

Yuki spends a Surge Point to interrupt the Oni-Makude and fires two more arrows. The racing centipede dodges the first, but the second promises to land right in the center of its head (Crit) – unable to spend its last luck Point due to Discord, it Surges to use Uncanny Dodge – But Yuki Jinxes it – and the arrow plunges deep into its brain anyway!

The demon is killed instantly – but thrashes and coils a few moments in spite of itself – before finally lying still.

Then Miya shoots it twice more in the head just to make sure…

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2013, 08:41:32 am »

Miya lets out a breath she didn't realize she was holding as the Oni stops spazzing.

She then proceeds to shoot it twice more(RP of above post) in the head before speaking; just to make sure.

"Well that was fun. Shall we grab the eye and a maybe pray to the altar before we get out of this cave?"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2013, 01:22:40 pm »

Yuki spends a moment to calm herself and slow down her breathing, before walking over to the oni to investigate it's eye.

"That was really close, wasn't it Miya?"

She remarks as she approaches the oni.

"....I'm sorry, you got hurt because of me...."

She says apologetically, in regards to Miya's woundbecause she fails at jumping.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2013, 05:44:03 pm »

The demon's eye has crystalized into a Gatestone from all the years it has been suckling Spirit Energy off the Shrine. Yuki realizes that the Shrine is probably covering a Spirit Well and that there is definitely some strong Feng-Shui aura going on here...

She also notes that the dead Oni has a hollow scarred socket, where its other eye would be, and sees the broken shaft of an arrow sticking out of it.

That must be her father's arrow that originally knocked out the first Gatestone!

---

As this is going on, the young ghost reappears and cautiously moves toward the body of the dead monster.

"Is it really gone?" she asks...

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2013, 05:48:00 pm »

Yuki turns to the ghost girl and smiles.

"Yep, hehe. I told you we would!"

She then points to the missing eye of the oni.

"And see, my father fought it before us!"

Yuki then attempts to remove the other eye of the oni, obtaining here gatestone.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2013, 05:55:31 pm »

Yuki has no problem recovering the Gatestone.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2013, 06:29:07 pm »

After getting the gatestone, Yuki searches around the cave for anything out of the ordinary. She then walks up to the shrine to investigate it's condition.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2013, 07:06:36 pm »

Inspecting the Shrine, Yuki discovers a central bowl in the design and some crystals worked into the structure above the bowl.

Immediately, she realizes that this is no ordinary shrine - it is actually a Spirit Shrine! And that means it can focus Spirit Energy into the bowl through the crystals and power Luck Charms!

Looking around the shrine, Yuki doesn't find any Charms, but consulting her Lopan - sees that there must still be some present in the cave!

Hurrying over to the archway, with the stone stairs leading up, to search over there, Yuki stops. The stairs are actually caved-in and completely blocked after only a few feet...

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2013, 08:07:28 pm »

"It's no problem, at least I'm not dead right? That would have been bad."

After watching Yuki get the gatestone from the dead Oni and finding the shrine.

"Interesting. Do you still have all those charms that you borrowed? Also do you think we should figure out a way up the stairs? Perhaps the spirit girl knows a way."
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 08:09:13 pm by Fireplay »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2013, 08:17:39 pm »

Looking around, Yuki and Miya see that the ghost girl is gone once more.

Something tells them that they won't be seeing her again either. She has probably been freed of her torment in the death of the demon that killed her...

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2013, 09:29:06 pm »

Yuki stands in front of the blocked staircase for a minute, before pulling out her new gatestone.

"GATESTONE, OPEN!"

She yells dramatically, holding the gatestone outwards towards the rocks. After a slight pause she tries again.

"GATESTONE, ACTIVATE!"

She yells again, this time moving the gatestone in a circle in front of her with her arms.

(Assuming this doesn't work...)

Noticing that the gatestone refused couldn't do anything about the rocks, Yuki sighs and pulls out her Kabuki mask, then turns to Miya.

"The charms? Hmm...I have one left, why?"

She asks. She then activates the Kabuki mask's heightened sense of sight, and tries to look for some of the charms she sensed.

"More importantly, this is a spirit shrine Miya! I think there are some charms nearby still, help me look for some."

Yuki says excitedly, immediately looking around for a charm.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2013, 10:37:21 pm »

Yuki and Miya look around for the Charms that Yuki can sense are still nearby, but do not find anything...

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2013, 10:41:19 pm »

Yuki decides to give up on searching for charms for the moment, and prays at the shrine to the Ocean God while thinking about what she should try next.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2013, 10:58:00 pm »

As Yuki prays, the though enters her mind to Read Aura on the dead Oni...

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2013, 10:59:07 pm »

Not wanting to argue with herself, Yuki uses read aura on the oni...

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2013, 11:08:30 pm »

The first thing Yuki notes is that the Oni is dead and has no aura to read, but then she does start to see something inside it that doesn't belong - 3 small objects of some kind - each located in different segments of the giant centipede's long flat body...

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2013, 11:12:09 pm »

"Ewwww, the charms are inside the oni..."

Yuki remarks with disgust. She then pulls out her sword and attempts to cut the foreign objects out of the oni.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2013, 12:41:25 pm »

Unfortunately for Yuki, the dead body proves to be every bit as disgusting as she had feared - squirting black 'Oni juice' in her face as she stabbed it open the first time - and then squirting black 'Oni juice' onto Miya's kimono on the second stab, when she tilted to the side to avoid the spray. Suddenly, Yuki knew why she had decided to pick up a bow all those years back rather than a sword.

Too bad Udo wasn't here to do this for her.

After that, Yuki just steeled herself - and Miya stepped way back - and Yuki was able to carve three small Luck Charms out of the demon's body. Each was a small gold icon in the shape of a starfish.

Yuki and Miya had killed the centipede demon, won a highly prized Gatestone, freed a harrowed spirit, and discovered a Spirit Shrine with 3 Luck Charms that could all be refreshed every twenty four hours at the shrine!

Now all they had to do was find a way out...

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2013, 03:35:56 pm »

"Ewww, so gross..."

Yuki remarks in disgust as she attempts to clean herself off. She then walks over to Miya and hands her a charm.

"Here! Thanks for the help Miya, hehe."

Yuki then turns to the blocked staircase, and provided a lucky break doesn't occur, speaks to Miya again.

"I suppose we better try and clear this..."

She says, beginning to try and move the rocks out of the way.

(OOC: To confirm yes, I'm trying to use lucky break to clear the staircase somehow)

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2013, 05:58:44 pm »

"Oh, I was happy to help."

Miya smiles at Yuki as she helps to clear the rocks.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2013, 06:34:00 pm »

Pulling out a very tiny stone - the entire congestion of rocks and boulders in the stone stairway suddenly start to shake and rumble!

Running out of the archway and to the side, Yuki and Miya see a ton of rocks and gravel suddenly come pouring out in a huge cloud of dust!

When the air clears, Yuki and Miy look back into the stairwell and see that the cave-in has shifted enough of the blockage that they can now climb up through it and out once again - atop the hundred foot high cliffs overlooking the ocean.

Cleaning themselves off and taking their hard-won prizes, Yuki and Miya then begin their journey back to Sendai.

END
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up