Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Yasuo's Poison Quest  (Read 34542 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Yasuo's Poison Quest
« on: October 18, 2013, 07:31:47 am »

Having learned of a Yakuza stronghold in the City of Morioka, Yasuo has been granted access to Chief Magistrate Noburu Saito to discuss the matter and get Official Sanction to go do something about it.

Arriving at the Chief Magistrate's home, Yasuo is welcomed in by Juro Saito, the Chief Magistrate's brother (and Steward), and then treated to dinner and music, before finally sitting down in a formal meeting with Juro and the Chief Magistrate himself.

"So, Yasuo-san," the Chief Magistrate begins, "what is this talk of Yakuza having established themselves in Morioka?"
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 07:55:42 pm by BerkaZerka »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Yasuo's Poison Quest
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 03:08:35 pm »

"First, I would like to thank you for giving me the honour of personally meeting with me to discuss my request.
Now, the Yakuza.
When you sent the group and I to investigate the village of Aomori, we took a route that passed through the city of Morioka.
There, after reporting to magistrate Mikio Aomori, I had the rest of the evening to spend, so I decided to investigate the city for any trouble that lied within. I disguised myself, and began "looking for trouble", as you might call it.
With an ally of mine, I soon identified several men as sellers of illicit materials. I managed to obtain information from the dealer about his superiors, and then, after having erased the conversation from his mind, I went to the Yakuza lieutenant's household.
It was very well armed, with many guards, but I succeeded in convincing them to let us in peacefully. Well, we were attacked by guard dogs, and a guard, but those were unrelated to us being impostors.
I personally talked to the lieutenant, after dispelling a magic ward in his room, he was well armed and he had six well trained and heavily armed and armoured guards with him.
Several other things transpired that evening, and suffice it to say, I was too drained of my magical energy to continue with my investigations, and I did not have sufficient time to continue with my plans. However, I have solid information, and a good base to start off of, and the Yakuza are clearly going to become a problem, given what i've seen of them so far, so I would like to take care of them.
The lieutenant will be first, of course, but I will gradually move up with the information I obtain from the victims.

I am more than happy to undertake this task, and have come here to request that I be given permission to travel outside of the city and deal with it personally. I also request that travelling papers be given to any companions I take with me, and I also wish to speak to the large ronin mercenary we captured. I wish to use his considerable skills to aid me.
Worry not about him betraying me, I will only take him if I see in his mind that he will hold true to whatever oath he gives me, if not then I will leave him.
Unless you have already had him executed?" Yasuo asks, after his summary of the events.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 04:02:26 pm by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 08:12:10 pm »

"Hmm, a very interesting account that you give," Chief Magistrate Saito replies.

Then after some thoughtful consideration, he motions for his brother the Steward to make up some traveling papers.

"You are granted permission to investigate the matter in Morioka further, under my authority."

Juro busily scribes the appropriate papers and hands them to the Chief Magistrate.

"You will of course, need to inform Magistrate Mikio Amori of your presence when you arrive in Morioka and deliver to her these Letters of Authorization. I leave it to her to decide whether to allow you to handle the matter on your own or to insert her own Yoriki into your efforts under your leadership."

"If you do manage to uproot a Yakazu Boss in your efforts, you are to do your best to turn him over to Magistrate Amori alive for further interrogation about the nature and depth of his organization."

Here, the Chief Magistrate personally hands the Traveling Papers and Letters of Authorization to Yasuo.

"As for the ronin you brought back from the Village of Aomori, he is no more."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 08:16:00 pm »

Who are these Yakazu you speak of magistrate?

"Thank you Chief magistrate Saito. Do we destroy or confiscate the illicit goods in possession of the yakuza?" Yasuo asks.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 08:36:34 pm by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 08:58:33 pm »

"I'll leave that up to Magistrate Amori," Chief Magistrate Saito replies and then gets up to end the meeting.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 09:01:32 pm »

"It was a pleasure making your aquaintance sir. May the ancestors watch over you."
Ok... How do I steal a bunch of Yakuza stuff when I have Yokiri looking over my shoulder?
Hope they're willing to help me "confiscate the goods" if I share a bit of it with them...

Yasuo also stands up, and after the formalities are settled, leaves (With the papers the magistrate wrote up for him).
---
After making his way out of the magistrate's house, Yasuo goes into his home and gets his travelling stuff, literally all the stuff he got the first time, minus the extra 6 horses.

No, this time he only takes two horses
One for him, and one for his stuff of course.

He once again orders his doshin to keep the order in the city while he was away.

Before leaving, however, he tries to find Keitaro, Kirito, and Miya, judging them to be the most likely to join him/be the most effective.

Unfortunately, he does not find Miya, Keitaro refuses because he is busy with the tournament he is planning, and Kirito was working with the shaman, so he decides to go it alone.

Yasuo leaves the city, and gives his imp permission to stop hiding.

Every day of the trip, Yasuo will summon Ibzo the fiend, in order to deal with any bandits or Oni who would get the idea to attack the lone priest.
Should he arrive to Morioka unmolested, Yasuo will dispel the fiend once he comes within sight of the city, and will give his imp the order to hide again.
He will approach the gates and present his travelling papers to the guards.

Also, during the trip, Yasuo will examine the authorization letters that the Chief magistrate gave for the magistrate of Morioka. (Unless the orders have some sort of seal, in which case, nevermind)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 09:25:29 pm by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 10:38:10 am »

Not really caring to rough it outdoors, Yasuo pressed his steed each day to cover the thirty mile distance between each way station along the road to the City of Morioka. The Trip was one hundred and seventy six miles and took six days, but was uneventful with good weather throughout.

Arriving in Morioka on the 15th day of Mid Spring (Husband's Day), Yasuo made his way to Magistrate Mikio Amori to present the Letters of Authorization concerning the Yakuza in her city.

The Magistrate was not happy to learn that her own Yoriki had not already rooted out this menace and that an 'outside' authority had to be brought in to resolve it. Still, she thanked Yasuo and assigned one of her Yoriki to accompany him in his investigations - a Samurai by the name of Hiro Komogata.

Once the two of them where back outside the Magistrate's place, Hiro nodded to Yasuo - "I have ten Doshin at our disposal should we need them. What is our move now Yasuo-san?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 10:46:47 am »

"Well, first I need to know about you Hiro" Yasuo says, as he casts read minds on the man...
"What are your strong points? How did you become a samurai? Are you willing to follow my orders, whatever they are, in order to help eliminate the Yakuza presence in your city? I am aware that you must remain loyal to your magistrate, and I will respect that, but I need to know that when I tell you to do something, you will do it."
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 10:48:23 am by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 04:03:53 pm »

"Don't presume to tell me to do anything Priest," Hiro says, not hiding the apparent offense he has taken - indeed, his mind is aflame at the insult of Yasuo insinuating that Hiro is anything but an equal in this matter.

"I am here to assist you in dealing with the Yakuza," he says - 'and to keep an eye on you for the Magistrate'; "As this is my city and my jurisdiction, I will do whatever it takes to root out and punish these Yakuza for the glory of Magistrate Amori and the City of Morioka. If you have any ideas on the best approach, then say so - and I will consider them with you."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 04:33:16 pm »

"Hmm, very well then. As long as you do what you need to do, I can work with that.

Now, here's what i've been through so far with the Yakuza. When the chief magistrate sent me and several other Yokiri on a mission to the village of Aomori in order to deal with a problem that had manifested itself, we stopped in this village in order to rest ourselves. While here, I decided to look into the troubles of the city, in order to be sure that the cities under rule of the dayimo were doing as well as I believed them to be. I disguised myself in order to keep my identity safe, and I began wandering the streets of your city, looking for trouble as it were.

After a few minutes, I quickly found a man and several of his underlings selling several illicit materials. I and an ally I will not name convinced him to approach us alone, and then, after ripping the location of his superiors from his mind, we blocked all memories of the conversation from him, and began to investigate the information we received from him.

We ended up outside a Yakuza lieutenant's house. It had two guards on the outside, both of which appeared to be unarmed and unarmored, though I suspect they carried concealed weapons. On the inside, there were two more guards, each heavily armed and armored, and several guard dogs.

My ally cast illusions over both of us and we entered the house under the guise of the dealer we had previously interrogated. Once inside, we scouted out the townhouse, and entered the lieutenant's personal room. There were 6 guards there, heavily armed and armoured as well, two of which looked to be very experienced. The lieutenant, as we spoke, gave away that they have an operation selling some very dangerous materials, among which is the infamous assassin's oil. He also has access to a great deal of men, as he casually suggested I take 20 men to assassinate a fictional potential buyer who he though to sound suspicious.

I originally intended to go through with capturing the lieutenant and ripping from his mind the information I needed to move on to bigger and more dangerous criminals, but unfortunately, several events transpired that left me drained of energy, and therefore incapable of continuing the mission.

I have returned now, to complete my task"

"Now, before I tell you what I plan to do, do you have a problem with my methods so far, Hiro?" Yasuo asks, face blank.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 06:01:45 pm by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 06:12:13 pm »

"No, Yasuo," Hiro answers, conspicuously discontinuing any pretense at being sociable and getting down to business - "Is your 'un-named' ally available still? Illusions and Mental Controls like that seem truly indispensable resources. Surly we could make use of them again."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2013, 06:15:15 pm »

(The mind reads, don't forget those)

"Yes, she will be there for me when I require her, and I intend to use her thoroughly throughout this mission.
Now, I want to know whether or not you can be stealthy, or if we'll need to take a more... conspicuous approach than the one I previously had planned"
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 07:20:30 pm by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2013, 07:17:35 pm »

"I am capable of stealth yes," Hiro replies, wondering what it must be like to work with a Wu-Jen, erroneously presuming that is who Yasuo is talking about.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2013, 07:21:23 pm »

"How good are you though? Could you sneak through a watched house or will you be caught by a light sleeper? And do you only fight with your sword?"
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 07:24:17 pm by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2013, 07:39:36 pm »

"I guess I'm somewhat above average when it comes to stealth and yes, I fight with my sword pair."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2013, 07:46:20 pm »

"Very well then, let us get started.
First off (Yasuo gives details on where the lieutenant's house is located).
I haven't been here in about a month or so, so we'll have to be cautious this time around. It's very possible that they have figured out they've ben infiltrated from the now missing magic ward, or by the interrogation of the dealer I impersonated.
We'll likely be injured before we finish at the house, so can you tell me whether or not we'll have access to a healer?"
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 07:48:04 pm by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2013, 07:55:28 pm »

"The High Priest of Morioka will certainly heal us - provided we can get to him after the fact..."

"You want to do this without the Doshin then?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2013, 08:25:36 pm »

"For now - they would only get in our way at the moment.
Now, come, I reserved a room at the noble's inn to work out of, we'll get to work on your disguise there" Yasuo says, getting up.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 08:37:16 pm by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2013, 12:56:35 pm »

Hiro follows, ready to match wits with the local Yakuza.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2013, 02:49:25 pm »

"There, much better" Yasuo says, after having altered Hiro's look till he seemed to be nothing more than a commoner, like Yasuo's own disguise.

"Now, I need you to wait outside for a few minutes, i'll be out soon"

Once Hiro leaves, Yasuo will summon Lilitu the succubus, using his demon spell (And freely using luck points (Only one at a time though) if needed to succeed the spell)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 04:37:05 pm by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2013, 12:03:14 pm »

"Hello love," Lilitu purrs as she is successfully summoned once again - "doesn't this place look familiar. Going to party with your friends again?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2013, 12:33:33 pm »

"Ha! You scarred them enough the first time, though Roka seems to want to have another go at you.
No, I've summoned you again for a different reason.
Well, more or less the same reason I summoned you last time... We'll be destroying the Yakuza presence in Morioka, dear. I've been given official permission to conduct the mission by the chief magistrate, so we'll be operating with no risk from city guards now. Though the magistrate of Morioka did send a swordsman to help and watch us.
You will still keep your nature hidden, no need to draw attention to ourselves. You will also not rape or tempt the Yokiri unless ordered to. Though you will probably be ordered to, to be honest, if he gets too pushy."
"Now, we're about to continue our mission, the samurai is outside, disguised of course. Now follow me, we're going back to the lieutenant's house."
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 08:45:32 pm by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2013, 01:20:51 pm »

Hiro, appears to be quite enamored by Lilitu's supernatural 'good looks'.

"Oh Yasuo," he gushes, "You did not tell me that your Wu-Jen friend was so gorgeous haha!"

He then bows low to Lilitu and rises to look her over with a clearly lustful twinkle in his eye - "A pleasure to meet one so..." then staring at her breasts... "blessed!"

Lilitu meanwhile, giggles coyly and winks.

Turning to whisper to Yasuo she says, "I would hardly need to use magic on this one..."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2013, 02:37:41 pm »

"I don't know, he doesn't seem the type for whips and chains" Yasuo answers back, rather amused at Hiro's reaction to his "Wu-Jen" friend.

"I did not believe it relevant, though she certainly isn't too hard on the eyes. Hiro, this is Lilitu." Yasuo says, a thin smile on his face.
He was actually rather worried that Hiro would take a stupid risk to keep the succubus alive... Oh well, the magistrate had other Yoriki.
---
Yasuo and company head to the Yakuza lieutenant's home, but before making any sort of move on the place, Yasuo examines it from the outside, taking care not to look overly conspicuous. He wanted to be sure that the place hadn't been reinforced or made more dangerous since his last visit...
He makes sure to tell Lilitu to keep Hiro occupied while he examined the house alone. People would probably just think him a commoner chasing after some expensive Gei-sha anyways...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 02:46:13 pm by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2013, 08:10:11 pm »

Checking the house, reveals the same setup that Yasuo and Lilitu had seen before. Two (apparently unarmed) men stand out front of the three story townhouse, while the armed men no doubt wait inside with their guard dogs.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2013, 08:12:10 pm »

Yasuo takes care to look over any widows and see if the house had a side entrance. (Or if it was possible to reach the back of the house.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2013, 09:13:26 pm »

Taking a few moments to check the alleyway behind the house, Yasuo finds that it has a small walled courtyard out back - which can be entered through a locked iron door. He also notes a second floor window on the side of the house that is propped open with a length of wood - and someone inside the window smoking a pipe.

The man smoking the pipe sees Yasuo walking down the ally behind the house, but doesn't appear to have 'made' him or anything.

As long as Yasuo keeps going for the moment, there's probably no reason to think the men in the Yakuza Lieutenant's house know anything is about to happen...

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2013, 09:14:55 pm »

Of course, he continues till he reaches the other end of the alley way, before finding another way back to his group...

Once he finds Hiro and Lilitu, he'll gesture for both of them to follow him, and he makes his way down the alleyway again...
"Lilitu, I want you to control the mind of the man with the pipe up in that window there. Make him to come down here and open the gate for us."
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 03:10:31 pm by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2013, 01:52:56 pm »

Lilitu casts her spell on the man and he gets up and leaves the window.

"I hit him with a suggestion,"Lilitu smiles, "he's on his way down now."

Sure enough, the man exits the house a few moments later, and walks to the iron door in the back of the courtyard wall.

A heavy wooden beam is heard being removed from the other side of the door and then it swings open into the alley, squealing loudly as it does.

"Huh? what the hell am I doing?" the man asks himself, as he stands in the doorway, coming to his senses after fulfilling the mental suggestion...

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2013, 02:42:23 pm »

"Lilitu, Hiro, knock him out of you would" Yasuo says quickly, taking advantage of the man's confused state.

He'll cast a wither on the man if his two allies fail...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 02:44:04 pm by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2013, 10:15:48 pm »

Hiro pulls a sap out of his sleeve and belts the guy upside the head with it. The man's legs buckle under him, and he and begins to fall backward - KO'd by the strike - but Hiro grabs him and pulls him into the alleyway and then sets him down in the street against the wall to make it look like the man is sleeping.

"Very nice," Lilitu comments - looking at her nails (as if the risk of breaking one had prevented her from acting first)...

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2013, 10:31:01 pm »

"Very good, search him, he may have keys we will need for the house. Lilitu, I want you to cast illusions on us three. Make yourself look and sound like this man right here, and make Hiro and I invisible (with the illusions, of course)."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2013, 11:26:27 pm »

"No problem love," Lilitu replies and successfully set up the desired illusion.

Searching the unconscious man's body, Lilitu finds a few silver coins, his kiseru (or iron pipe), and some smoking paraphernalia, but no keys.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2013, 08:06:52 am »

"Huh, I'd think a guard would at least be armed, perhaps he is more important than he seems?" Yasuo thinks aloud...
"Hmm, probably just a servant. Ok, Lilitu, Hiro, to the top"
Yasuo and company walk up to the third floor, where the lieutenant is located, though they do not enter the room..
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 09:22:19 am by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2013, 11:37:27 am »

Walking through the gate, Hiro turns and closes it - setting the bar back in place.

"Don't want them to think something is up," he says.

Then crossing the small courtyard to the back door of the house, everyone sees that the back door is open - though normally secured from the inside with another bar.

"Probably should close this one too," Hiro whispers, "but we might be able to get away with leaving the bar off - they might not notice in this dim light and even if they do, they'll just think someone forgot to set it."

Once inside with the door shut, Lilitu (as the pipe smoking man) walks calmly through the first floor and back up the stairs. As everyone goes through, they see off to the side the common room again, where four heavily armed men and two large guard dogs lounge - the men drinking rice wine together and laughing raucously. The dogs perk up and start growling a bit when Lilitu walks past, but otherwise stay where they are.

The guards meanwhile, look over to see the pipe smoking man heading up the stairs and think nothing of it.

---

On the second floor, which is still nothing more than a flophouse for the gang members, Lilitu sees a man sitting on the steps leading up to the third floor, looking bored and picking his teeth with a stiletto...

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2013, 04:20:43 pm »

Yasuo whispers quietly to Lilitu
"Talk to him as if you know him, don't mention a name, just speak like you're aquaintances. Distract him.
Hiro, sneak, and when I say sneak I mean sneak towards the man, and knock him out with the sap.
Lilitu, try to use the illusions you have going on to muffle his movement, if possible"

Should the man notice anything and look like he will cry out, Yasuo will burn a surge to interrupt his action and wither him to death.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2013, 01:18:54 pm »

"So hot stuff," Lilitu says to the man on the stairs, "You want to go stab the Magistrate or something?"

"What?!?"

At that moment, Hiro slams his sap down on the back of the man's head!

The man almost topples over - but then jumps to his feet with an angry confused look on his face - Yasuo burns a Surge Point and successfully casts Wither - before the man can do anything else.

It's very disturbing to watch the unfortunate fool literally wither into a desiccated husk before everyone's eyes - his mouth now frozen in a silent scream forever...

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2013, 01:20:40 pm »

"Ugh, that looks rather unpleasant," Hiro remarks apathetically.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2013, 01:21:49 pm »

"I've seen worse," Lilitu says in reply.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2013, 01:30:08 pm »

Yasuo reaches down and picks up the man's stiletto, looking it over.
"Search him as well, hide the body in a separate room, maybe under a bed.
I wonder how he managed to shrug off unconsciousness."
Yasuo says outloud.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2013, 01:35:33 pm »

"Pretty sure he was just tougher than most," Hiro says, "and I think I recognize him too - he's an 'Extortion Man'. Got what he deserved as far as I'm concerned..."

The body is then searched (revealing nothing extraordinary) and hidden away.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2013, 01:38:10 pm »

As they walk up to the third floor...

"Lilitu, do you sense that they may have put their magic ward back up? Do you sense any magical energy at all, that's not coming from me?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2013, 02:29:56 pm »

"Not yet..." Lilitu replies simply.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2013, 02:44:40 pm »

Once they reach the third floor, Yasuo will ask Lilitu once more whether or not she can sense a magic ward, or any magical energy.
Should she reply negatively, he'll order her to use her sound manipulation ability to cut off all trace of sound on the third floor from the outside world.
The third floor will be completely isolated from the rest of the house and the outside, no one in the house who was not on the third floor and no one outside of the house should be able to hear anything that happens on the floor from now on - should the succubus succeed in her casting.
Of course, Yasuo only wants the third floor isolated, but everyone on the third floor should be able to hear each other as per usual, though he'll request that while Lilitu is manipulating sound, that she completely erase the sound of Yasuo and Hiro's breathing and footsteps, though he also wants her to leave his voice un-altered, so that he can continue talking if needed.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2013, 04:19:18 pm »

Lilitu complies and encases the entire third floor in a soundproof barrier, using Sound Manipulation, and then masks the other sounds Yasuo mentioned.

"Good to go sweet cheeks," she says, playfully trying to pinch Yasuo in the rear-end - though Yasuo sees it coming and is able to step away...

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2013, 04:35:24 pm »

"Ok, now, Lilitu, I need you to enter the room and tell the captain that you need to speak with him urgently, alone. Look nervous as you do so, to fool his guards. Use your ability to control minds, actively force him to do what you say.
Ask that he remove his guards, and that only you and he speak privately, and mentally force him to do so, do not release him when the guards leave the room.
You will then order the lieutenant to let himself be gagged and knocked out by Hiro.
Hiro, you will gag him first, so that he is unable to speak of course, and then you will knock him out. If needed, you should also tie him up, or break any bones he would use to move - he won't need them after he's done being interrogated.
I will explain the rest of the plan should we succeed at this first part, everyone understand?"
Assuming they both answer positively, he'll continue..
"Good. Lilitu, start part one of the plan. Oh, and dispel any magic ward you might sense, of course."

And he and Hiro will follow closely behind her...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 04:38:45 pm by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2013, 06:10:28 pm »

Lilitu opens the door and steps a few feet in and then stops abruptly – forced back by the apparently restored Magic Ward.

Fortunately for everyone, Lilitu’s very nature prevents her from entering it – or her Illusion and Sound Manipulation Spells would have just gone down!

For their part, the occupants of the False Magistrate's Court – the Yakuza Lieutenant with fine mesh shirt, Chinese sword, and a band of daggers across his chest; his two competent looking bodyguards in breastplates with Naginata; and the four additional breastplate-wearing crossbow and axe men in the corners – all look in astonishment at Lilitu in the guise of the pipe smoking man.

“Captain, I need to speak with you urgently, alone!” Lilitu says, sounding nervous and spending a surge point to subtly cast Dispel Magic at the same time.

It works, and the Ward goes down, allowing Lilitu to step far enough into the room, so that Yasuo and Hiro can slip in unseen behind her and fan out to each side.

The Yakuza Lieutenant meanwhile, leaps unexpectedly from his seat of judgment and yells – “He knows the rules! Kill him now!”

At that, the crossbowmen in the corners level their shots at Lilitu, while the Naginata wielding bodyguards step between Lilitu and the Lieutenant. For the Lieutenant’s part, he is drawing throwing knives…

Lilitu burns another Surge Point (beginning of Combat Rounds) to interrupt everyone and cast Mind Control on the Yakuza Lieutenant – and does so successfully, mentally ordering him to call off his men and have them wait outside.

The Lieutenant however, burns a Luck Point to Crit his Will Save. “It’s like the last time!” he yells,  “If I do anything off, use the Ofuda!”

Lilitu then casts Mind Control a second time, catching the Lieutenant in her power. In response, the Lieutenant spends a Surge Point to resist the control (this round) and screams – “It’s got me! Do something quick – it’s got me!”

---

(OOC Combat Intention Rounds for Yasuo and Hiro now please (Lilitu already acted, but feel free to give instructions to her in-character if you wish)…)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2013, 06:18:38 pm »

Yasuo speaks under the yelling from the Lieutenant and the guards, keeping his voice low and calm, but trying to make it loud enough for the other two to hear.
"Lilitu, I want you to use your sound field to deafen the guards and the Yakuza lieutenant, make sure it does not affect you me or Hiro" (I assume she won't have to cast it again, since she's been maintaining the spell)
"Also, order the lieutenant to throw knives at you, but purposely miss, hit to the side. Whatever that Ofuda is, it might be dangerous."
"Hiro, run behind the lesser guards, kill and knock them out"

After giving the orders of reasonable length, Yasuo will cast wither twice, once on both of the nagamaki carrying guards.
He will also toss Lilitu the stilleto that the man downstairs had been carrying, so that she can defend herself. He will alert her before tossing it with a simple "Catch".

« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 07:19:43 pm by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2013, 07:42:59 pm »

“Working on it!” Lilitu replies, catching the tossed dagger reflexively.

Hiro then moves invisibly to the nearest corner and bludgeons the first crossbowman with his sap. As the crossbowmen are just common gang members who rotate through the third floor watch, the man is easily KO’d by the blow.

Yasuo meanwhile, attempts to use Wither. His first spell Crits with the help of a Luck Point and 27 points of SL AP Damage abruptly wracks the Yakuza Muscle – straight to Wounds. Not wanting to die such a horrifying death, the man burns a Luck Point to counter the Crit and eats all the damage with his Vitality – then spends a Surge Point to shrug the knockout his body is just begging for after such a brutal attack!

The second Wither spell is also successful (with another Luck Point) and rips 22 points of SL AP Damage out of the other large Yakuza’s life force.

As this goes on, the three remaining crossbowmen all fire bolts at Lilitu – She dodging one bolt and then getting shot through the chest by the other two (for 17 and then 20L Damage).

“Oh shit love,” Lilitu spits out with a spray of bright red blood and slumps to the floor Disabled – “Watch out for the Poison on the bolts. I can hold my spells for only one more round and I’m out of here…”

The crossbowmen meanwhile, stay in place and begin winding their windlasses.

“No spells for you!” One of the Naginata wielding men yells and moves forward to lop Lilitu’s head off. Before he can however, Yasuo orders his Imp to Manifest and attack the man’s eyes.

“No way I’m going over there!” the Imp yells defiantly and flies up to the ceiling instead.

Hiro meanwhile, uses the distraction to spend a Surge Point and throws a tanto at the man about to do in the pretty little ‘Wu-Jen’ – hitting him in the chest for 15 Points of Damage. It wounds him, but his armor soaks most of it.

Unfortunately, it does not stop the man and Lilitu’s head goes rolling after a single swing of the great-bladed weapon.

As Lilitu’s now dead body boils away into nothingness, all her spells fail – and Yasuo and Hiro abruptly splash into view!

“Die assassins!” the second Naginata wielding man yells – sprinting for Yasuo…

---

(OOC – Surge Point for Yasuo to Interrupt the Attack?)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 08:30:28 pm by BerkaZerka »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2013, 09:23:52 pm »

Yasuo burns a surge point to make it out of the room - fast.

(Let the new combat round begin..)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up