Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Udo's Nature Commune  (Read 60642 times)

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
Re: Udo's Nature Commune
« Reply #100 on: November 03, 2013, 06:07:44 pm »

"Uh, right. Not sure what it was, but it was about the size of a house, with tentacles and stuff. There was a goblin shaman, and about a dozen goblins. And a separate dimension hole, but I don't know what to make of that..." Udo says, his memory still not completely up to shape. He makes sure to use an odd sign language, mostly made up of outrageous arm distances and the like.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 07:51:14 pm by Tanstaafl »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 03, 2013, 07:17:50 pm »

"It is that dimensional 'thing' that concerns me the most," Sakura says... "Best you take us there straight away," she directs to Udo.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 03, 2013, 07:23:52 pm »

"Alright, uh," He glances at Keitaro, who seems to have gone mute, "Alright, I'll go and get my stuff, and then we'll go.
Udo quickly gets his stuff (pretty much any inventory since he didn't bring it last time XD) and they start trekking to the destination.
"Sakura, is there a teleportation spell? That'd get us there faster..."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 03, 2013, 07:26:41 pm »

"Oh yes, and a Gate Spell too," Sakura answers - "but I would need to have been there before I could cast a spell to it..."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2013, 07:28:24 pm »

"Oh, we'll I suppose you've wandered outside of Sendai before right? It could speed up the trip substantially if we could even get slightly closer..." Udo says, "Since we need to get there as soon as possible, who knows what the demon has done..."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 03, 2013, 07:32:08 pm »

"I better not Udo," Sakura replies, for the first time seeming hesitant to try casting off the cuff - "I got healed by the Priest of Sendai from the Healing Spell I cast on you, but then took more spleen damage summoning my nifty little familiar (and it's not like I could go back to the Priest and ask for another Healing after that)..."

"You're not trying to make me kill myself are you?"

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2013, 07:37:21 pm »

Udo looks confused, "Uh, thanks for healing me and all, but I still have no idea what spells you have, and I'm still not even sure what cuff you're talking about..."
Udo continues, "But, uh, let's just continue, shall we?"

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
  • Keitaro Hokusai, the Drunken Ox of Sendai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2013, 09:26:01 pm »

"So what exactly are we set out to do Udo?"

Keitaro looks confused as to the whole situation.
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2013, 09:30:24 pm »

"... As you may have heard, we are killing a demon and a bunch of goblins and a shaman. I'm sure it'll involve more near death situations, but we totally got this" Udo says, marching forward.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 09:38:24 pm by Tanstaafl »

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2013, 10:14:56 pm »

"... As you may have heard, we are killing a demon and a bunch of goblins and a shaman. I'm sure it'll involve more near death situations, but we totally got this" Udo says, marching forward.

"Nonsense I will come along, with my spirit sight and spirit cutting I can be useful/"
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2013, 10:37:46 pm »

"Uh, we already agreed that you can come along if you want Keitaro..." Udo says, annoyed that he neither has a rock collection nor is he listening to anything important.
Well, at best he could help us kill some goblins. At worst? Sakura has to knock him out after he goes into a female gorilla-period...

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2013, 10:44:03 pm »

"Nonsense I will come along, with my spirit sight and spirit cutting I can be useful/"

Yuki just tilts her head and stares blankly at Keitaro.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
  • Miya Sugai (Mythic Nippon)
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 03, 2013, 11:16:10 pm »

"So were we actually going to start our journey or continue to make noise?"

Miya says to the crowd as she listens to them.
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years." -Unknown
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 04, 2013, 08:40:50 am »

"Uh, we already agreed that you can come along if you want Keitaro..." Udo says, annoyed that he neither has a rock collection nor is he listening to anything important.
Well, at best he could help us kill some goblins. At worst? Sakura has to knock him out after he goes into a female gorilla-period...

"Well, it sounded like Sakura was unsure." Keitaro fiddles with the wrapping on his ancestral nagamaki, obviously bored.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 04, 2013, 02:21:13 pm »

Knowing the general location where he saw the goblins, Udo leads the group about six hours into the foothills south and west of Sendai. There, everyone comes upon a patch of forest strangely devoid of animal sounds or sign. In fact, the vegetation here seems half dead and the trees are gnarled and twisted as if wracked in the very throes of pain!

Something about it causes the hairs on the back of the neck to prickle – as if unknown dangers lurk just out of sight, waiting for the right time to pounce! And Yuki’s Danger Sense confirms that is true…

---

Then, stepping into an ash-charred clearing littered with the bones of animal and human alike, the Samurai of Sendai see a blackened pile of rubble that was once the Shrine Udo had seen (eleven days ago) – over which hangs a shadowy pallor – like some kind of ghostly black curtain that separates the worlds…

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2013, 02:22:52 pm »

"Well, you didn't say it was this bad, Udo..." Sakura says, casting Unbreakable...

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2013, 02:28:10 pm »

"Damn, didn't realize we'd be entering a dead forest." Roka mutters.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 04, 2013, 03:14:03 pm »

Keitaro clinches his sword and uses his magic sight/spot/and evaluate abilities to take in and asses the situation.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 04, 2013, 04:33:31 pm »

Using the Spirit Sight granted by his sword, Keitaro sees three unmanifested wraith-like spirits rise up from the scattered bones and move towards his companions!

"Damn, I knew you would be a problem," Sakura says - and hits Keitaro with Fling - before he can even say anything.

The stunned company watches as the Keitaro goes blasting up through gnarled tree branches like a ragdoll - taking 30SL Damage - and landing five hundred feet up a hillside in a self-made crater!

---

(OOC - combat rounds everyone...)

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 04, 2013, 05:28:27 pm »

Roka looks shocked at his allies betrayal.

"What the hell Sakura?!" Roka shouts, immediately surging with strength using his beserker bracer, sending out a heavy punch right at Sakura.

"Miya! Yuki! Arrows! Udo, smash her with your smashy stick!" Roka shouts, giving them surge points if they need.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 06:08:46 pm by Aman »

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 04, 2013, 05:36:23 pm »

What the hell? So much for 'friendship' :P
"What the hell is wrong with you Sakura?" He shouts.
Udo, clenching his teeth and holding his hammer (though would switch to silver spear if the wraiths attack him) decides to bum rush Sakura, trying to stop her from casting another spell...
Thank god Keitaro came...
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 06:49:37 pm by Tanstaafl »

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 04, 2013, 07:33:29 pm »

Eyes open wide as Miya watches Keitaro get attacked by his fellow samurai.
What? Wait, he mentioned something about spirit sight back at town! He must have spotted something.

"Everybody, keep far way from the shrine!"
 Miya says while opening fire^2 with her bow&arrows on Sakura. She also keeps away from the shrine in case any spirits try to attack.

OOC: [Also Spot check if you please. :) ]
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 07:35:02 pm by Fireplay »
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 04, 2013, 08:16:01 pm »

OOC: W.T.F.

Keitaro lies there in the crater coughing up blood. He rolls over or at least he tries to but winces in pain. Finding some tree roots he attempts crawl out of the pit before he chokes on his own blood. Once centered he pulls out some herbs to eat...

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 04, 2013, 08:55:19 pm »

Yuki uses read aura on Sakura, to try and figure out why she just betrayed everyone.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 04, 2013, 09:53:05 pm »

Roka rages and attacks! Sakura uses Deflection and Roka’s super-punch glances off an invisible wedge of force, missing Sakura.

Udo rushes Sakura to try preventing her from casting another spell – and notes the evil-looking blackness in her eyes!

Fueled by Roka’s encouragement, Udo covers the distance and makes two grapple attacks, the first to upend the Wu-jen and the next to hold or pin her. Sakura is knocked prone (with a Luck Point) but then rolls out of the way, as Udo Botches his follow-up and trips over a piece of rubble to end up on the ground as well!

Miya meanwhile, backs away from the broken remains of the shrine and shoots at Sakura twice – still having a few silver-tipped arrows from Yuki’s quest. Her first arrow bounces off Sakura’s chest for 14 Damage (though Sakura spends a Luck Point for half Damage) and she botches her second shot – spending a Luck Point to counter it and save her bowstring.

Keitaro – recovers from his shock and realizes that his friends need him! He’s three Rounds away if he Runs with Surge!

Yuki reads Sakura’s Aura and immediately sees the problem – she is possessed by an evil Spirit of Death!

She is able to yell this out – just as three smoky black wraith-like things appear around the Samurai and swoop in to attack!

Something Yuki’s mother taught her as a child then strikes Yuki’s mind – if someone is possessed by a spirit, a jab with a silver needle can sometimes drive the spirit out. Not giving it a second thought, Yuki shoots at Sakura’s legs with some of the silver-tipped arrows she also has left from her last adventure.

The first shot (with Luck) strikes true and Crits for 16 Damage – bypassing all but 5 of Sakura’s Unbreakable soak and temporarily giving her the Bum Leg Flaw! It also – allows her a Will Save to resist the Spirit’s control – but it’s not good enough! Sakura then burns another Luck for half Damage.

The second shot misses, as Sakura gets out of the way.

The three smoky black wraith-like things meanwhile, try to fly into Roka, Udo, and Yuki – while they duck and dodge – successfully keeping them at bay for the moment.

Then Sakura casts Wither on Roka! Fortunately, Roka is immune to the anguish and pain that having half of one’s soul ‘wrung-dry’ tends to cause someone (taking 24SL AP Damage)!

Sakura then casts Restore Vitality on herself and laughs manically…

---

(OOC – Round two…)

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 04, 2013, 10:49:23 pm »

Keitaro sprints full speed towards the party while gripping his Nagamaki to keep the spirit sight going. "To hell if those things sneak up on me!"  He shouts as he runs.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:57:26 pm by Aeon_spiral »

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 05, 2013, 12:18:27 am »

Noticing that Yuki aimed for Sakura's legs Miya follows her example with whatever remaining silver-tipped arrows she has, figuring that Yuki knows more about spirits and whatnot than she.

Hmm... Well I guess Keitaro confirmed the shrine spirits then. She thinks to herself as she hears Keitaro yelling.

In the event that she runs out of silver-arrows Miya will continue to shoot with normal ones.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 05, 2013, 01:24:24 am »

Realizing they're in trouble if a spirit manages to enter them, Yuki casts Discord on all three spirits (with the help of a surge point).

"Roka, try encouraging Sakura to resist the spirit."

She yells to her woman-beating comrade.

"And stop trying to kill her! If you hit her with silver she might be able to get rid of the spirit.....probably!"

Yuki then turns to Miya and gives her an approving nod, telling her that shooting Sakura with their silver arrows will help her.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 05, 2013, 07:26:28 am »

Seeing that the archers seem to know what they're doing, Udo brings his attention to Sakura's pack.
Maybe there is something useful in there...
Udo leaps off the ground toward the pack, and opens it...

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 05, 2013, 07:41:26 am »

Assuming Yuki and Miya mange to cause Sakura to return to normal, Roka shouts loud gibberish, as he picks up Sakura and Yuki, and runs to Keitaro, burning a surge to do so.

"TO KEITARO!" Roka shouts out, pointing at him. "GRAB MIYA AND RUN UDO!" He shouts, giving Udo the two surge points to run.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 05, 2013, 08:06:51 am »

Keitaro sees Roka running towards him from off in the distance-

(Spot skill)

-and burns a surge point to close the gap a little.

(add the surge to my previous post to tie it in.)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 05, 2013, 03:47:45 pm »

Yuki uses her Discord ability on the three wraiths – hopefully helping to keep them from successfully touching anyone.

Miya then shoots Sakura twice – aiming for her legs as well. The first hits (with luck for 11 Damage) and pins her leg to the ground (botch on defense) – while the second hits for 13 Damage.

Sakura spends 2 Luck Points to halve the damage and then spends a Surge Point to cast Mind Control on Udo – who has just found Sakura’s Silver Jute Ropes in her pack.

Fortunately for Udo, Sakura fails to cast the spell properly and sears her magical synapsis in the process.

Udo then leaps on Sakura (Surge) and pins her enough to begin tying her up. A Leadership Surge from Roka gets the job done – and Roka grabs Yuki and Sakura up and starts running toward Keitaro.

“Get this one! Get this one!” Sakura yells to the Wraiths – who all converge after Roka – leaving Udo and Miya alone at the crumbled shrine.

Keitaro meanwhile, hurries to close the gap between him and Roka. The two meet 250 from the clearing with the raging Sakura and three wraiths in pursuit!

Then suddenly, the Evil Spirit of the Dead leaves Sakura and enters Roka!

---

(OOC – Following Round)

Amazingly (with 2 Luck Points) Roka manages to Will the evil Specter out of himself – and sees it as a coal-black drape of ghostly cob webs flying across his face!

Keitaro – seeing the thing plain as day – swings his ancestral nagamaki through it and watches as the Spirit Cutting of the blade completely disrupts it – causing it to boil away with a loud shriek into nothingness almost instantaneously.

“Roka – Keitaro! Hurry! Break these bands!” Sakura screams.

Burning a Surge, Roka easily rips open the Jute Ropes – and Sakura Spends a Surge to cast Magic Ward on the area around the three pursuing wraiths. The Wraiths abruptly vanish in the Ward and Sukura is Disabled by her efforts.

(OOC – Combat over…)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 05, 2013, 03:49:02 pm »

"Ugh..." Sakura says in great pain, still in Roka's arms - "Get me back to that portal before anything else comes out of it! Hurry!"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 05, 2013, 03:59:31 pm »

Meanwhile - back in the clearing - Udo and Miya hear echoing screams and shrieks coming from the other side of the Underworld Portal!

A mob of some kind of horrible demons, oni, or even perhaps more spirits are about to come through!

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 05, 2013, 04:14:40 pm »

Yuki smiles upon seeing Sakura is no longer possessed.

"Welcome back Sakura! How long were you possessed for?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 05, 2013, 04:20:46 pm »

"Not sure," Sakura gasps, "I remember seeing Udo walking toward me in Sendai in the morning and then nothing, until I was getting shot with arrows in the legs for some reason... Ouch..."

"I need to dispel that gate thing fast though!"

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 05, 2013, 05:38:11 pm »

"So Sakura is the only one who could dispel the gate?" Udo says, "How much time do we have?" Udo asks, wondering,
Can I do some quick surgery in time? Or should I just brace and try to stop the demons from passing though...

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 05, 2013, 05:41:42 pm »

(OOC - Surgery takes a long time...)

Listening carefully, Udo thinks the sounds of the howling demon mob that is approaching is perhaps ten to twenty seconds away from exiting the portal ... (about 2 rounds)...

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 05, 2013, 06:27:46 pm »

Roka, still carrying Sakura and Yuki, drops Yuki, and belts over to the portal, surging over there.

"Cast the spell now Sakura!" Roka shouts, giving her his last extra Born Leader Surge.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 05, 2013, 06:44:45 pm »

“Roka,” Sakura says – “You need to tell the High Priest of Sendai about this! My ward will only last a year – one cannot Dispel this thing – it is a rift between the worlds!”

With that, Sakura successfully casts Magic Ward around the area where the shrine used to stand.

Immediately, the black shadowy curtain disappears and the mob of terrors from beyond can no longer be heard.

Unfortunately, Sakura has also gone from Disabled to Dying in casting her spell – the drain being more than she can take! Before anyone can help her however, the most astonishing thing happens –

Sakura’s body suddenly glows with a searing white brilliance and then vanishes completely – leaving Roka’s arms empty and all her clothing and possessions behind!

Keitaro meanwhile – seeing this all this with his Spirit Sight still active, also witnesses Sakura’s ‘essence’ shoot off into the north sky, like some kind of brilliant spirit-comet streaking through the heavens…
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 06:50:52 pm by BerkaZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 05, 2013, 06:48:47 pm »

"SAKURA!!!!!!!!!!!!" Roka, still beserked for the moment, shouts. 

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 05, 2013, 07:00:50 pm »

"SAKURA!!!!!!!!!!!!" Roka, still beserked for the moment, shouts. 

Roka she has moved to a greater realm." Keitaro says as he puts his hand on Rokas shoulder...

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 05, 2013, 07:03:55 pm »

"Sakura..." Udo says in disbelief.
It's all my fault too... I never do things right, do I?

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 05, 2013, 07:23:25 pm »

As soon as Keitaro puts his hand on Roka's shoulder, he falls to the floor. THough, it's obvious it isn't from his wounds, just from sheer exhaustion.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 05, 2013, 08:29:43 pm »

Miya is downhearted at the death(?) of her ally.
If only we had known... I wish I knew her better before this.

She silently cries and tries to hide it as she moves to Roka's side.
 "Roka, we... We need to tell the High Priest about this."
 She says with a low, somewhat shaky voice to him.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 08:31:20 pm by Fireplay »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 05, 2013, 08:36:48 pm »

"Yeah... We need to... Perhaps we could have Sakura resurrected or something..." Roka mutters, struggling to get himself off the ground.

"Damn. Doesn't feel like a victory. A real ally just died." Roka says, shaking his head...

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 05, 2013, 08:44:48 pm »

Miya helps him to his feet while she speaks to him.
 "At least she did so in battle and has provided us time to solve this problem before it gets worse."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 05, 2013, 08:49:48 pm »

"Thanks." Roka mutters.

"It's... just a different feeling then I'm used to, Miya." Roka says, shaking his head. "I'll get her resurrected though. Just need to become more of a name in Sendai, and I'll make sure I can thank her. We are only living due to her, after all."

"Come on, we need to get out of this forest..."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 05, 2013, 08:50:35 pm »

My fault... Completely due to my sheer stupidity... A friend died...
Udo's body shakes, "I... Sakura..."
His face hardens, "Yeah, Roka. We should get back to Sendai, I'll tell the High Priest." Udo says solemnly.
It's my folly after all

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 05, 2013, 09:05:57 pm »

"Do not blame yourself for the actions of malevolent spirits. Dear Udo-san this was meant for a reason, reasons we must accept to not understand. Come, we should go."

With that Keitaro lifts Roka off the ground and leads the party home...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up