Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Keitaro's Tournament  (Read 24104 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Keitaro's Tournament
« on: October 18, 2013, 07:34:41 am »

Having formed the idea of setting up some sort of Fighting Tournament in Sendai, Kietaro has been granted access to Juro Saito - the Chief Magistrate's Steward to discuss what he has in mind and get Official Sanction to do so.

Arriving at Juro Saito's home, Keitaro is welcomed in, treated to dinner and music, and then has his audience with the Steward.

"So, Keitaro-san," Juro begins, "what is this talk of holding some sort of tournament?"
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 02:04:40 pm by BerkaZerka »

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
  • Keitaro Hokusai, the Drunken Ox of Sendai.
    • View Profile
Re: Keitaro's Tournament
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 06:49:24 pm »

After bowing in respect, Keitaro began to tell Juro of his plans. "Steward Saito, given the vast amount of talented fighters the Daiymo has in his province, and my recent journey that I just returned from I felt it was appropriate to reward our fighters and fellow Samurai with a contest. A contest in honor or the might and skill of our mighty Daiymo. What I had planned was a simple tournament and festival here in Sendai to showcase that the Daiymo has the best warriors and magi in all the provinces. The rules would be simple fighters would apply and be given a weapon of their choice, obviously I know some will choose hand to hand combat as my good friend Roka will do. The fighters when then compete till one of them was KO'd, the winner advances in the tournament. Of course a few priests should be ready to heal anyone that takes to much damage or in case a fighter gets in over his head, we don't want our people dying on us after all. The grand prize would be a blessing of title of champion by the Daiymo himself and maybe a small piece of equipment of his choosing that he or she could have customized to fit their fighter garb, such as a shoulder piece or wrappings, or even a fine weapon. For the mages to make it fair they would only fight other mages, using their full arsenal of ploys, tricks, and spells. The reward would be the same for them. If combatants so choose they could also pair up in teams of 3 to 4 and do larger more involved battles. At the end of the day their could be a feast in honor of the Daiymo where if he so chooses he could invite the winners from the fighter and mages tournament to dine at his table as a showcase of his rule and might. Do you think he would approve of such a thing? Especially if it was all dedicated to him? Also to show respect my family will be provide the feast from our stocks from our land. Don't want him to think I would like something for nothing after all"

Keitaro sits back in his chair after delivering his speech to the steward and awaits a response, he hopes it will be warmly accepted...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 06:56:08 pm by Aeon_spiral »
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 08:46:05 pm »

Juro looks stunned by the amount of information that has just been passed...

"Well, let's see, where to start," he begins and it sounds like bad news coming.

"As you know, there is already a Great Tournament held by the Daimyo every year on Patriot's Day (15th of Mid Summer). While a small tournament isn't out of the question, you simply can't upstage General Kaori Meji (General of Sendai’s Army) and the Nobles who host that event every year - especially making the claim of 'Daimyo's Tournament'."

"So let's think a little smaller."

"As for the Magi," Juro continues, "you'll have to see if you can talk to Grand Premier Kenji Nogachi: Wu-Jen and Grand Premier of the Sendai Order of Arcanum (The Occult Community). Though I don't recall them ever having such an event. If you can actually get in to see him, who knows..."

"For now though, I suggest you go see General Meji and get his OK on hosting a small tournament. I'm sure he can help you set something up and get a whole slew of fighters to sign on for it."

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 09:17:15 pm »

"Thank you sir" Keitaro stands and bows. "I will do just that, I appreciate the advice, sorry if I was too... bold, in my approach. I would never dare disgrace the General. I will approach him with dignity and honor when speaking of this matter. If that is all I need to make my way through the city."
Keitaro awaits to be dismissed so he can carry out his tasks.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 10:29:45 pm by Aeon_spiral »
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 10:15:06 am »

Keitaro is dismissed and free to go visit (or at least try to) anyone in the city he desires.

The General will be easy to find, as Keitaro has been to the Training Grounds many times, but getting in to see him might be a challenge.

Perhaps, Ketaro's old combat instructor could be of help - Master Overseer Kaito Nakamura: Chief Instructor of Sendai’s School of Martial Combat - as he and the General seem to be on good terms - and Keitaro is certainly on good terms with him...

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 11:13:55 am »

Keitaro decides that he she should start at the bottom and work up. He decides to visit his old instructor Kaito Nakamura at the Martial arts school. He approaches and requests a meeting with him.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 04:07:30 pm »

Being that Keitaro is well know at the school, he has no problem finding his old instructor and approaching him in an informal manner.

"Good day Keitaro-san," Master Nakamura says, seeing Keitaro - "How have you been? Back from some grand mission on behalf of the Daimyo I have heard."

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 04:22:43 pm »

Still bowing in respect, traditionally Keitaro goes with what he knows (can't teach a dumb dog tricks after all), he rises and addresses his former trainer.

"Yes indeed, it was a long journey and I learned and grew quite a bit from my travels. I took on 48 nezumi in the woods! I survived."

Keitaro dumbly blabbers about for a few minutes about the adventure, and getting drunk and falling asleep in a bathroom stall, Seeing Roka again, seeing a mage summon unnatural spirits and the sort, his cute Doshin named Miko, and a whole bunch of other pointless things like cool moss formations on rocks and other dumb things that would make a child raise an eyebrow. He finally comes to his reason for being here.

"I want to hold a tournament, I was told by the steward to speak to the general, a fighters tournament. I thought maybe you could speak to him on my behalf... so I don't, you know, miss word anything... Could you do this for me?"

Keitaro just stands still, looking huge, looking dumb, looking hopeful.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 04:27:51 pm »

"Oh, sure," Master Nakamura replies, with a relieved smile (for a moment there, he wasn't sure what Keitaro was going to ask, after all that babbling) "A tournament sounds fun, but what do you have in mind? Unarmed? Wooden Swords? Real Duels to the Blood Draw?"

"Also, do you have a prize in mind?"

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 04:50:35 pm »

"Uhm *cough* well I was thinking of a customized piece of gear as prize like a shoulder piece or wrappings made of silk or some other type of material, possibly blessed by a mage, and maybe a minor title granted by the Daiymo. I mean winning a tournament against countless other fighters would provide some small face value in the province. And A weapon of their choice, to the blood for the actual combat regulations. I was hoping you would have some fighters willing to join in."

Keitaro looks around at those training, almost missing the simple days of being told what to do all the time.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 05:55:13 pm »

"Getting fighters will not be a problem!" Master Nakamura says with a laugh - " they are always looking for a way to prove themselves and a healthy competition is just the thing!"

"I'll have to ask about the prize, but I'm sure a masterwork sword-set would be doable."

"Let me go talk to General Meji about all of this though; and I'll send word for you tomorrow ..."

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2013, 06:19:22 pm »

"Thank you sir" Keitaro bows and makes turns to leave but stops, "It was really good to be back here again, maybe I could stop in from time to time to brush up or maybe help instruct some students?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2013, 07:24:01 pm »

"Yes, that would be fine; especially as your name and reputation continue to grow," Master Nakamura says, "And you are well on your way to some amount of fame and renown I feel - especially if you can pull this tournament thing off."

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2013, 07:30:42 pm »

Turning to face him Keitaro bows again slightly at the compliment, "Thank you sir. I look forward to meeting you tomorrow. Now I am off to find someone high ranking in the occult society."

With that Keitaro is off to find someone in the city who can help his face in the occult society...

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 12:50:23 pm »

On his own, Keitaro quickly realizes that he's not going to get very far trying to make contact with the Occult Society of Sendai. If only he knew someone with a 'in'...

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2013, 01:40:18 pm »

"I should probably go see Yasuo, he maybe able to help me out a little here..."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2013, 02:45:39 pm »

Keitaro will recall that Yasuo came by a while ago to ask if he wanted to come with the priest on a mission to Morioka, and that the warrior had refused because he was busy organizing the tournament.
If he looks around for Yasuo, he'll find that everyone who knows the man will agree that he is no longer in the city...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 04:40:40 pm by Drakilian »

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2013, 04:36:40 pm »

After searching fruitful, er was that fruitfully, fruitlessly? Whatever, after searching, the dense Keitaro decides maybe Roka's old friends at the monastery could help him get in touch with the occult society. He goes to try and catch Roka before he skips town.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2013, 08:51:06 pm »

Alas - poor Keitaro finds everyone gone - though he has heard that Sakura the Wu-Jen may still be in town...

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2013, 09:53:56 pm »

Walking away from Roka's door step, feeling a bit down, Keitaro remembers the other conjurer from the adventure Sasruka? Sasquatcher? Sakura? YES that's it Sakura! "I need to find her." Keitaro says to the dust blowing casually down the road. Where would I find a magic user at this time of day...? He begins to wander around town inquiring the whereabouts of the Wu-Jen.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2013, 12:34:36 pm »

After lingering outside the College of Arcana long enough, Keitaro actually spots Sakura the Wu-Jen, as she is leaving to return home for the night.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2013, 01:34:00 pm »

"Sakura! I am so happy to have found you. How are you this evening?"

Keitaro walks casually up to her and bows slightly.

"I need a favor from you..." He begins to explain, the best he can, as to what he needs from her and why.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2013, 02:14:26 pm »

Sakura looks unsure about what Keitaro is asking, but agrees to bring it up to one of the members of the Occult Community tomorrow.

She then promises to let Kaitaro know how it goes and bids him good night.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2013, 02:51:03 pm »

"Thank you Sakura, I appreciate anything you can do. Sleep well friend." Keitaro bows and makes his way to the stable to ride home to the farm.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2013, 08:31:45 pm »

Early the next day, Sakura stops by Keitaro's place to tell him that she asked one of the Council of the Arcane College about the possibility of doing a magical tournament.

It seems that the Council views such things as an 'undignified use of reality shifting power' and that such things 'are just not done.'

Sakara apologizes for bringing the bad news and takes her leave.

---

A little later in the day, a messenger from Master Nakamura's School of Martial Combat tells Keitaro to go see Master Nakamura at the school.

Bracing himself for more bad news, Keitaro is pleasantly surprised to find that the 'higher ups' think a 'primer tournament' to their big one might actually be a good idea.

"General Meji and the Nobles who chair the Daimyo's Tournament' on Patriot's day," Master Nakamura explains, "mentioned that they were having too many fighters signing up for the annual tournament and had to turn away some of them, due to the logistics of hosting an already huge event."

"They think that having a preliminary tournament is a great idea, where the top performers in your tournament would win guaranteed placement in the 'Daimyo's Tournament!"

Then patting Keitaro on the back, Master Nakamura adds - "Congratulations Kietaro! This is you getting recognized by General and some very important people. Pull this off right and you could be forging some powerful ties!"

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2013, 08:41:57 pm »

"Ha! This is good news." Keitaro excitedly bumps his fist down on the table he is sitting at. "Where do we go from here? Surely we have fighters here but what about some real meat. Some proven combatants. How would we go about convincing them to join, and we have to set a date." Keitaro looks like he is in pain... though anyone who knew him would know he was just thinking to hard.

"A week from this Saturday, that will be a good day. So what for gathering participants? Once we have the details hammered down... (Keitaro thinks briefly...*down? Hammered in? Out? Hmm...*) I will talk to the Steward Juro and get final approval and permits."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2013, 09:18:32 pm »

"Yes, you talk to Juro Saito about that."

"As for getting fighters, don't worry, I'm happy to spread the word for you. Just let me know when you have a day finalized. And you should probably give at least two or three weeks lead-time though, for word to get out."

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2013, 09:40:48 pm »

"You know better than I. I, as always, respect your opinion and will take it into account when talking to the Steward Juro. For now I must be off, I will send word to you when I have a date and permit set in stone. Thank you again Sir" With that Keitaro bowed deeply in respect for The Master trainer, and set off to request a meet with the steward.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2013, 02:05:49 pm »

Arriving back at Juro Saito's home, Keitaro is welcomed in once again -  though this time, there is no formal dinner or entertainment.

"So, Keitaro-san," Juro asked, "How goes your tournament thing?"

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2013, 02:13:47 pm »

"Well I spoke to my former trainer who spoke with The General (I swear these jap names are killing me) he was thrilled with the idea. I was thinking 3 weeks from today would be a perfect day. Headmaster Nakumara (sp?) Has been super helpful in planning this. If you could mention his good deeds to the Daiymo I would be most appreciative. We also have  full stock of fighters standing by."

Keitaro blabs on aimlessly for a few minutes about some details and how the mages were not keen on the idea.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2013, 02:25:42 pm »

"Good good..." Juro replies (hardly paying attention to Keitaro's blathering) - "If you have the backing of General Meji, then that's good enough for me."

The Steward then prepares some papers for Keitaro, officially sanctioning Keitaro's Tournament with the seal of the Chief Magistrate.

"There you go Keitaro-san," Juro smiles, handing over the papers - "Have fun hitting each other with swords (or whatever it is you warrior types do for fun these days) haha!"

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2013, 03:10:15 pm »

"Sounds terriffic! Thank you sir." Keitaro takes the papers and bows before exiting the room. He then proudly makes his way back to the martial arts academy to inform Kaito Nakamura of his success in gaining permit for the tourney.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2013, 07:49:47 am »

29th Day of Mid Spring, 1297

The day of Keitaro's big tournament had finally arrived and fighters from all over the Mutsu Province were packed into Sendai to compete.

The event was to be held inside the army training compound of General Kaori Meji: General of Sendai’s Army - and all sorts of dignitaries were in attendance. Some of these includes Chief Magistrate Noburu Saito himself; Magistrate Mikio Amori: The female Magistrate in charge of the city of Morioka; High-Priest Yasuo Sanjo: High-Priest of Sendai’s Shrine of the Ancestors (Second Highest ranking member of Sendai’s Spiritual Community); Master Overseer Kaito Nakamura: Chief Instructor of Sendai’s School of Martial Combat; Headmistress Kimi Otaka: Headmistress of Sendai’s Horsemanship and Mounted Combat School; Headmistress Akiko Shirahata: Headmistress of Sendai’s Zen Archery School (Yuki's Mother); pretty much all of the Noble Houses; and of course Juro Saito: Steward of Sendai.

It was no surprise that the reclusive Daimyo Shinsen Hasekura would not be attending - but notably absent was Magistrate Ho Kasamatsu: The Magistrate in charge of the City of Hirosaki; and any of the fighters from Hirosaki that normally would attend the Daimyo's Tournament every Patriot's Day. In fact, the absence of Magistrate Ho Kasamatsu and his delegation caused quite a stir among the Noble Houses and hushed talk of his possible rebellion began to spread through the gathering like wildfire.

Then General Kaori Meji welcomed everyone and Officially Opened the Tournament - turning it over to Keitaro to get things started...

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2013, 08:17:03 am »

Kitiro walks around in the masses of people, looking for his friend Keitaro. He was pretty sure he dident want to compete in the tournament but maybe he could help heal people if they got to bashed up.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2013, 08:57:09 am »

Keitaro walked out into the middle of the area and bowed to the Chief magistrate, Steward, magistrates, and other nobles. He then rose and began to speak. "Great citizens of our Daiymo's vast and powerful rule, I welcome you to the preliminary run for the Patriot's day tourney. Today you will witness combat refined!"

*he pauses for a moment as if trying to remember the rest of the speech that he had worked hard to memorize...*

Keitaro looked around at the cheering crowd and the clapping nobles. "This competition will see fighters qualifying from all over the province. The fights will be to the blood and no further. I would like to thank the Wise and Honorable General Kaori Meji for allowing us to hold this competition on his training grounds."

*he nods his head to the general. and then shoots a glance at his old instructor to see if he approves of how he is doing*

"Fight hard, fight well, win with honor, lose with honor. Let the games begin!" Keitaro raises his arms in the air and does a slow spin to take in the crowd, hoping to entice their anticipation and get them into the game. He then begins to walk back to his preparation area and awaits his turn.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2013, 01:20:12 pm »

Cracking his knuckles, Roka smiles as he prepares himself for the tournament. While it is true that he's naturally disadvantaged, just using his gauntlets, the rewards outweigh the risk involved.

Just imagine all of the possible bonuses to winning, free XP bragging rights, a prize, and a guaranteed seat in the tournament run on patriot's day. That alone would be enough, the rest is just icing on the cake.

As Roka begins to prepare himself, he notices a familiar face.

"Ichiro!" Roka shouts, smiling. "It's been a long time, friend."

"Roka? What are you doing here? Last I heard you went wandering, right after the public beating." Ichiro says, looking surprised. Seems like he didn't expect Roka to appear.

"Yeah, took a couple of days to learn at the monastery. Don't tell me you haven't heard that I've become a Ki Master." Roka says, chuckling.

"A what?" Ichiro says, as realization dawns on Roka.... It's probably not common knowledge yet.

"Something will have to be done about that..." Roka mutters.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 01:29:33 pm by Aman »

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2013, 04:02:20 pm »

Keitaro stepped into the combat square and bowed to the experienced samurai that approached him. After exchanging respects they both drew their swords and readied for battle. Squared off Keitaro took a high swing down and it was parried by the opposing Samurai. Keitaro dodged and parried a few swings that came at him as well. Seeing the enemy off balance from his last miss Keitaro steps up and knocks him in the back of the head with the hilt of his sword, effectively knocking him down ad winning the round.

Squaring off again The Samurai charges at Keitaro and slashes at him with his sword with a great strength. So much so in fact, when Keitaro Parried the attack it spun him around allowing the opposing Samurai sweep his feet out from underneath him. Pinning Keitaro down with a foot and grinning

Keitaro picked himself up ad dusted off his Gi. The opposing Samurai motioned his hand for Keitaro to come and get him. So he did, Keitaro rushed the man with great speed slashing his sword multiple times, only to find his attacks deflected and parried, again, and again, and again. The Samurai punched keitaro in the face and swiftly kicked him in the ribs knocking the air out of him, Keitaro shrugged it off and swung at his torso. The man jumped backwards and then dashed forward after the blade had moved away, hooking Keitaro under his right arm and flinging him promptly to the ground. Keitaro was hurting at this point but he got back up anyways.

Taking a couple of seconds to catch his breath Keitaro again readied his blade. This time the two circled each other feinting attacks, trying to draw the other off balance. Keitaro noticed the mans footwork was a little sloppy and that he would lift his foot over the other to sidestep, so he bid his time. When the Samurai lifted his foot to sidestep Keitaro moved in and swung twice, the first was parried, but the second slashed the mans torso, effectively winning Keitaro the match.

The man clutched his side as Keitaro backed off to accept his victory. After bowing Keitaro was announced the winner and was granted an advance in the tournament.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2013, 06:11:52 pm »

Doubt I'll win... But if I do...
Udo Kuwabara arrives at the tournament, along with his dog, Rai, who seems to be Udo's only fan. Udo is a bit intimidated by the many spectators, along with the many greeting each other as friends.
Sen... I got this... Maybe
As he enters the ring, fighting an anonymous and nameless samurai that seems to be experienced, he clutches his 'hammer' strong, as Rai barks to him in support.
OOC: fight to come soon...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 06:27:40 pm by Tanstaafl »

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2013, 06:45:30 pm »

Udo Kuwabara walks into the combat ring (or, 'square', according to Keitaro XD) and sees a blank faced Samurai, obviously one that is experienced.
The Samurai does a dignified bow, Udo wipes his nose with his off-hand, the match begins.

The E-Samurai quickly advances on Udo, using a coordinated foot pattern and fancy sword swings while he charges. Udo, in his blunt, non-professional fighting style, simply holds himself like a bear on two-feet, and swings his hammer, luckily catching the Samurai in the stomache. The Samurai grunts, surprised at Udo's simple but effective swing.
Udo, seeing he actually could win this, advances on the Samurai, who's silly sword isn't a match against his Tetsubo. He drives the Samurai back, and manages to smash his Tetsubo down to the man's shoulder. Seeing the Samurai fall, Rai lets out a bark, and Udo realizes he has won.

Udo Kuwabara is announced winner, and Udo triumphantly walks back, excited to see the next match.
How'd you like that, Father?

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2013, 08:10:23 pm »

Roka enters the arena, cracking his knuckles, as he sees a towering man, with a giant pot belly....

"Fire Belly? What are you doing here?" Roka asks, looking remarkably confused. Of course, Fire Belly simply grunts, as the fight begins.

Fire Belly attempts to smash Roka over the head with his staff, but, Roka easily dodges, smashing his fist into Fire Belly's belly twice.

"You never were much of a fighter. Very odd of master to have you come here, though." Roka says, shrugging, and walking away, raising his hands into the air, as he is declared the winner.

cool74

• Cowboy
  • Sometimes good people do bad things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2013, 10:14:33 pm »

Rai steps into the ring with his spear. He knows this will be a difficult fight since his speicalty is ranged and not melee combat. As he approaches the samurai at the other end. Rai makes sure to keep range between him and his opponent.

He however underestimated the quickness of his oppent as the samurai quickly steps in past Rai guard and hits Rai with the side of his blade due to a quick adjustment Rai made to avoid bleeding.

Rai wind momentarily taken from him to the harsh blow on his side manages to deflect the next over head strike with the wood of his pole.

This causes the samurai to stumble which Rai attempts to take advantage of using a quick downward jab with the but of his spear. The Samurai manages to quickly dodge to the left to avoid the hit.

In doing that Rei uses his momentum to swing the top end of his spear onto the head of the samurai. With the samurai staggered and dazed Rei cuts his cheek with the metal part of the steel. And walks away when He is declared the winner.
Ideals are peaceful; history is violent.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2013, 10:25:12 pm »

As Rai 'walks away' from the ring, he'd find Udo alternating between picking his nose and clapping.
Udo walks up to him, hoping to shake Rai's hand, "Cool name, named by dog Rai too" Udo says, gesturing to his watchdog beside him, trying to spark a conversation.

cool74

• Cowboy
  • Sometimes good people do bad things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2013, 01:21:45 am »

As Rai 'walks away' from the ring, he'd find Udo alternating between picking his nose and clapping.
Udo walks up to him, hoping to shake Rai's hand, "Cool name, named by dog Rai too" Udo says, gesturing to his watchdog beside him, trying to spark a conversation.

Rai shakes the hand and says, "Thank you. I look forward to facing you in the ring."
Ideals are peaceful; history is violent.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2013, 06:30:59 am »

Rai shakes the hand and says, "Thank you. I look forward to facing you in the ring."
Wow, this guy already wants to beat the crap outta me...
"Uh, sure? Hope you even get that far, that guy got a big hit on you haha, though you did get some good shots in there" Udo says, wondering 'who' Rai Tsukahara is, since he never was aquainted well with anyone in the 'Samurai Academy'(or whatever the place is called XD).

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2013, 01:08:14 am »

The first day of the Tournament went on - seeing a total on one hundred and twenty eight fights, whittling the number of competitors down from just over two hundred and fifty to one hundred and twenty eight.

On day two of the tournament (also Holy Day), the remaining fights would all be fought and a Grand Champion would be determined by the end of the day.

At this point, things started to get challenging, because there was no magical healing available to anyone except those who were accidently disabled during the fights - and that meant they lost - so one had to be extra cautions during their last few matches.

From here out, only six more matches per advancing competitors would determine who would win top spot...

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2013, 07:17:53 am »

Fight 1:
Roka enters the ring, somewhat saddened that his friend, Ichrio lost to Yuki. But, such things are not to be thought of during a match, lest the mind strays.

Anyways, it seems his foe doesn't actually know what he's doing, apparently. Rai seemed to be fumbling with his spear, indicating a massive lack of skill in close combat. Or at least, that's what Roka hopes.

As soon as the match starts, however, the foe's lack of combat skills is not apparent, with him slamming a spear right into Roka.

"That's why I shouldn't think in combat..." Roka mutters, shaking his head in annoyance, as he slams his fist at the foe. Seeing that somehow, the foe managed to avoid his stunning ability, he punches him, yet again, in the gut, and seeing his foe fall to the ground, lifts his hands in triumph.

Fight 2:
 Roka enters the arena, again, though he is quite surprised by who he sees.

"Yuki? Aren't you an archer?" Roka asks, looking throughou confused as to why she'd even join this competition.

"Well. If you joined I guess you'd have a reason." Roka says, before Yuki has a chance to answer. As soon as he finished this, he slams his fist into Yuki's stomach, knocking her down.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 02:26:18 pm by Aman »

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2013, 08:14:28 am »

Udo get's ready for his 2(?)nd match, once again against a blank faced E-Samurai.
"Let's get this over with, I want to destroy Keitaro next, and defeating Roka and winning the championship would be awesome" Udo mutters to himself,
The first one was easy, I totally got this
As Udo Kuwabara enters the ring, he wipes his nose again, and the match starts.

The E-samurai comes up at Udo, jumping like a cheeta. Thankfully, Udo just swings his hammer again and smashes the man's stomache, making him fall on the ground. Udo takes I itaitive and jumps on top of the samurai, hoping to end this quickly. Some blood sputters out, and Udo realizes he took a blow to the rib cage, again.
Udo rolls off him, but grips his hammer yet again. The samurai does an acrobatic flip to get back up, but Udo swings his tetsubo and hits the man in the jaw, knocking him right over.

Udo raises his hands in triumph, gives a wave to Rai the dog, and walks down, excited to see Keitaro's match. He gives a thumbs up to Roka, since beating him would be pretty darn awesome...
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 08:30:11 am by Tanstaafl »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2013, 01:41:03 pm »

Yuki entered the ring for her second match, rather surprised that an archer such as herself could have gotten past the first round, as Miya didn't. Then again, Yuki had made sure to practice her swordsmanship to a respectable level (after all, what samurai can't use a sword?).

As she entered the ring, she noticed one of Roka's minions fanboys friends was standing across from her. She had heard he was a weapon's specialist, so she knew she couldn't take him lightly.

Once the match began, she ran towards him and they met swords. After a few quick exchanges, she got a light hit against Ichiro's arm. However as he briefly stumbled back, he swung his other arm around and hit her back in the shoulder.

This caused Yuki to jump back. After preparing herself, she lunged towards him and ended up giving him a rather nasty slash to the side, winning her the match.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2013, 02:02:55 pm »

After his last (non-written fight against the captain) fight, Udo Kuwbara is tired. He watched Roka pass through the tourney, defeating Yuki and Rai along the way.
Roka is fast, I don't think I'll be able to catch him...

Entering the ring, he does a slight bow to Roka, more than he's done to anyone else in the tournament so far.
"Stop looking at the crowd Roka, a fight is for your own honor, pride in yourself. Not others believing in you and watching, you believing in yourself and taking pride for your own effort."
Udo pauses, "And you totally beat up a girl, what kind of honor is in that?"

Udo, tired and a tetsubo in his hand. Looks forward, gritting his teeth, unsure of his chances. Using all his might, surges of strength, and whatever luck the gods bestowed upon him. He charges, attempting to bum rush Roka to the ground, and topple over him.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 02:20:28 pm by Tanstaafl »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2013, 02:19:17 pm »

"Udo, do you understand what you are about to participate in?" Roka asks, as he enters the arena for the last time in this tournament.
"The fighters, the audience... Everything here is grand. This fight, is truly where a man should fight. All the fighting in the world amasses to nothing, if it is unseen. But here, in front of so many people. It makes each fight matter. To win gracefully, to win naturally. It is not the duel between warrior everyone is watching, it is the match between two wonderful samurai. To give honor to our family, and to give honor to our daimyo. That is why we fight."

"You must understand that Udo, to be able to survive in a final duel." Roka says, as he bows to Udo, and surges (OOC: 2 surge points) to act first, making a focused strike, and then spends another two surge points to attack with another uppercut, aimed at Udo's jaw.

And if that doesn't do it, Roka adds an elbow at Udo's neck, (OOC: another two surges).

"That's how one must fight in a tournament match, Udo. Graceful, and yet powerful."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up