Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What Is Bounty Head Bebop?  (Read 12319 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
What Is Bounty Head Bebop?
« on: October 21, 2008, 10:11:50 am »

What Is Bounty Head Bebop?

Based in a time rife with criminals and unscrupulous people, the Police have resorted to using more Bounty Hunters and outside contracted help.  This is where you come in.  Set in a gritty near future, the game calls for fast-paced action and sizzling drama. Based on high-octane anime, Bounty Head Bebop is a wild ride through the new Solar Frontier.

Welcome to the Bounty Head Bebop RPG, the game that lets you play the fast-paced solar system-spanning anime-style adventures of the daring and brash bounty hunters of the ‘far modern’ future.

The Bounty Head Bebop RPG is powered by the Inverted 20 system, which uses a single d20 for all rolls and offers a quick and easy resolution for all in-game actions and outcomes, providing a fun and cinematic feel to play.

Dice
The Inverted 20 System uses a single twenty-sided die (d20) for all die rolls.

The Inverted 20 System
The Inverted 20 system uses a single twenty-sided die with Target Numbers (TN) to roll under and is essentially a percentile-based game in increments of 5%. Target Numbers are determined by adding a skill value to any situation modifiers that might apply and then rolling the die to see if the result falls within the TN. In some instances a Minimum Target Number (MTN) may be required, where the result of the die not only has to fall within the TN, but also has to meet or exceed the value set by the MTN.

As an additional element to each die roll, an X-Roll or X-Damage may be called for, which is determined by reading the one’s digit of the die when it is rolled. This allows a secondary number (1-10) to be generated simultaneously with TN resolution; meaning damage and other factors of success can be figured without a second roll. This handy little mechanic speeds play and helps move combat along at a refreshingly brisk pace.

The Inverted 20 system also uses a Luck and Surge Point dynamic that gives the characters an advantage when needed, and ensures the action never gets stale. Using Luck and Surge Points, a character can push himself past the normal effects of injury, succeed at a critically important roll, or even escape certain death.

In short, Inverted 20 is its own unique system, but with a familiar feel and a cinematic flair, which captures the grittier Anime genre after which it was modeled.

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: What Is Bounty Head Bebop?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 10:12:22 am »

I think the setting is pretty cool too  8)

But seriously, it’s an awesome concept – bounty hunters in space ala the Cowboy Bebop/Outlaw Star/Trigun/Anime Space-Western genre.  And I like the way the feel is just a little past Modern, rather than full-blown Star Wars or Space Opera.  It’s familiar, yet futuristic – but not too far futuristic.  People still shoot each other with handguns, rifles, and shotguns, but there are lasers, just not yet developed beyond vehicle-mounted weaponry.

Another thing I particularly like about the game is the fact that it is set in the Solar System rather than the endless expanse of some entire galaxy.  To me, this gives it a comfortable size that feels manageable as a GM (I’m already familiar with our solar system and know where everything is). 

Of course a GM is always free to establish his own setting altogether – and the game handles Modern and Far Modern Genres very well (and anything else for that matter) – I have already used it to play Shadowrun-style games, Classic Dungeon-Crawl Fantasy, and Oriental Anime Fantasy.  In fact, we plan to publish Expansion Rules along those lines, including a Horror-style Ruleset (and we already got Cyberware and Hexslinging done and standing by…).

So, come check out the game!

BZ

« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 09:01:56 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 08:34:47 pm »

One of the things I like about Bounty Head Bebop is the balance of Vulnerability vs. Survivability in the characters.  In BHB, XPs allow your character more options, but unlike other games, do not instill invulnerability. 

A single punch can still as easily KO the character with 200 XPs as it can the zero XP newbie.

It’s the Luck and Surge Points that ensure Survivability and let a character shrug off the knockout blow – and those you have to use judiciously no matter how many XPs you have.

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 09:43:59 am »

Bounty Head Bebop is fast gaining ground!  

Check out what people are saying in our BHB Reviews Thread  :)

BZ

Pages: [1]   Go Up