Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Poll

Would this be something you the fans want... Character Creation Software

Yes - And Ill pay
Yes - But only if its free
No

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Character Creation Software  (Read 14016 times)

Thayan

• BHB Insider
  • Mercenary
    • View Profile
Character Creation Software
« on: October 22, 2008, 09:38:11 pm »

SO I may have the option of getting some coded. Not sure on the cost yet but cheap it wont be. Is this something You all would really want or not.
Owner Heroic ourney Publishing www.heroic-journey.net

Warr

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
Re: Character Creation Software
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 01:03:29 am »

I think this is really a question we should wait a bit to check into, though it would likely be a great inhouse tool, the game has to get some exposure and published itself before anything like a software program to create characters is implemented.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 09:31:13 am »

Also, this is something I can do myself (and there are plenty of folks out there that can as well) for free – no need to get a programmer involved :)

We got Access and Excel options –

The only thing I don’t have is a lot of time :(

But yeah, we should have something like this, but no hurry yet.

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 10:05:43 pm »

See HERE for an Excel Character Sheet.

BZ

Theist17

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 09:44:52 am »

Good points all around. I think that creation software would be a cool thing, but the actual process of creating a character could be lost on people who use a lot of computer tools. It helps a player to understand how the game works if they have to actually write down the information and calculate scores by themselves.

With the game as new as it is, I think that it's vital for players to do some dirty work in pencil and paper.
Signatures are for egotists.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 11:44:24 am »

Interesting point Theist17  -

I also note that virtually no-one has bothered to download the Excel Character Sheet, which might mean there just isn’t that big a need (or) people don’t have Excel.

Really though, BHB characters are pretty darn easy to whip up and maintain, so a big program/character generator isn’t all that important  :)

BZ

Theist17

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 11:30:33 pm »

I'm a huge proponent of actual character sheets for several reasons, really.

For one, they help me understand gameplay mechanics.  Also, if you print out a character sheet, you don't have the data-to-records updatability that penciled-in character sheets do. The only thing I have against the Archetypes supplement is that the data is pre-loaded and cannot be edited, for example. From a personal standpoint, I absolutely love the idea of having a physical thing which I can hold and sink my mental teeth into. There's also the roleplaying angle, the idea of having an alter ego on a page, but that discussion could go on for ages.

Thayan

• BHB Insider
  • Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 08:46:54 am »

I agree Theist17, but the reason I am asking is as a Gaming Company/Publisher it is my job to A. Ask what the fans wants are B. Anticipae the needs of those fans. Each group is different and I'm just trying to reach out and discuss those things with you...:)
Owner Heroic ourney Publishing www.heroic-journey.net

Theist17

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 01:19:33 am »

Oh, I totally understand. I was just making sure that you were thoroughly informed on my part.

By the way, thanks for taking the time to make sure that your players' needs are met. I'm sure that it's no easy task fixing problems in the game, and that it takes time and serious effort to do so. Thanks for doing what most people rarely appreciate.
Pages: [1]   Go Up