Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Official Questions and Answers  (Read 28236 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Official Questions and Answers
« on: May 04, 2008, 08:17:12 pm »

This Forum is for Official Questions and Answers about the Bounty Head Bebop RPG and Inverted 20 System.

Feel free to respond to other folks’ questions if you know the answers – though we'll be checking them frequently to confirm accuracy  :)

BZ
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 01:17:54 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Official Questions and Answers
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 11:36:14 am »

Questions about Character Creation can be posted HERE  :)

BZ

Theist17

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 04:42:51 pm »

Are the other adventures (Ghost in the Machine, etc;) supposed to be with the pdf?
I downloaded the book from RPGNOW, and the only adventure included is Small Fry.

Even if it's just the one adventure included with my copy of the book, adaptations from Cowboy Bebop episodes
could be done fairly easily, I think.
Signatures are for egotists.

Thayan

• BHB Insider
  • Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 04:57:25 pm »

Are the other adventures (Ghost in the Machine, etc;) supposed to be with the pdf?
I downloaded the book from RPGNOW, and the only adventure included is Small Fry.

Even if it's just the one adventure included with my copy of the book, adaptations from Cowboy Bebop episodes
could be done fairly easily, I think.

Yea Small Fry is the only Adventure out right now... Ghost in the Machine should be out in a couple of weeks
Owner Heroic ourney Publishing www.heroic-journey.net

Theist17

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 05:13:09 pm »

Okay, I was worried for a bit.
I assume that this will be a buyable download from RPGNOW?

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 11:27:36 pm »

Yes, we plan on making all of the adventures available, putting them out every few months as we get them laid out.  If you check out the Updates As They Happen thread, you can see a list of adventures I have already written up for the BHB line  ;D

BZ

Thayan

• BHB Insider
  • Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 06:58:40 am »

Yes, while some of our Bigger Book supplements will be print only we do plan on having a bunch of PDF supplements to support the game.
Owner Heroic ourney Publishing www.heroic-journey.net

Happyfunball

• Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 09:09:08 pm »

Before I begin writing: Is there a "BHB Development Kit?" I think it would be helpful in writing the modules I've outlined.

Basically, I'm looking for things like standard equipment and NPC templates. I know there are some in the book, but if there's an "official" author's pack, I'd like it because it'll help me stay consistent with the feel of the system.

Play by post is going well, BZ, and providing me with what I really needed.
Warning: Pregnant women, the elderly and children under 10 should avoid prolonged exposure to Happy Fun Ball.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 10:52:38 am »

While there is no official writer’s pack as yet, there are tons of resources here on the forum.

Check out The Write-Ups Index for sample characters, NPCs, Extras, and Bounty Heads.  These Write Ups will also give you an idea of standard equipment for such types.

You can also download a free copy of the Character Archetypes Packet for Free on RPGNow.com

Of course you are also welcome to Post, PM, or Email me with questions or any drafts you’d like me to look over.  I’m happy to help where I can.

Also glad the PbP Test Spin is helping – been pretty fun for me so far :)

BZ

Happyfunball

• Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 07:26:33 pm »

Cool. Maybe I can put together a canon development pack for you guys after I'm done tilting my windmills. ;)
Warning: Pregnant women, the elderly and children under 10 should avoid prolonged exposure to Happy Fun Ball.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 09:49:42 am »

In the works now is a BHB Quick Start Guide – a sample adventure with pregen characters and all the info you need to play it right in the guide – just bring a d20 and your anime game face :)

When done, the BHB Quick Start Guide will replace the (somewhat outdated) BHB Preview Edition and will be available for free here and elsewhere 8)

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 04:52:22 pm »

I've hit a few snags with the Quickstart - which will delay it somewhat, as other projects also press for my time...

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 04:55:55 pm »

I'm going to combine all the Rules Clarification threads into a new thread called Errata in order to clean this board up a little – So if you find something is missing, check there :)

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 08:48:54 pm »

Check Errata out HERE  8)

BZ

Theist17

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, 10:49:18 am »

About MTNs

Am I correct in thinking that a starting character with an Agility score of 5 (Olympian, according to the corebook) and a melee skill bonus of 13 with an MTN 10 task ahead of them would have a TN of 13, thus requiring a roll someplace between 10 and 13 for success? That seems like a ridiculously small probability of success for someone at Olympic-level physical competency.

Difficulty   When To Use
No Roll   Don’t roll if the task is easy or impossible.
Roll   If the task has a moderate chance of failure. This is the default Difficulty, where the character needs only roll TN or less to succeed.
MTN 10   If the average person would fail. In this case, the character must not only succeed, but also do so with a die roll of 10 or higher.
MTN 15   If practically everyone would fail. In this case, the character must not only succeed, but also do so with a die roll of 15 or higher.
Crit   If failure is almost assured, but dumb luck could apply. The character can only succeed if he rolls his TN exactly.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 12:00:26 pm »

You are correct about the only successful values being 10, 11, 12, & 13. The MNTs basically cut the probability out from under your target number.

But remember that MTNs are there to represent something that most people have zero chance of doing (they don't even get to roll) - but in the example you have given, the character has a 20% (1 in 5) chance to succeed at it. That's pretty darn good for something most folks will never even have a shot at.

It's  up to the GM to decide when to apply the MTNs. If you as a GM feel that a case doesn't acurately reflect your vision of what's probable in your game, then feel free to ignore it or lower it to 5 or something.

And don't forget Luck Points, that allow the character with little chance to actually have a chance by reducing the MTN by 4 a pop if desired...

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2014, 09:07:23 pm »

Heyaaa! I got a question and this seems like the best place to ask. How come i got acces to the games on the game archive: but not the game archive itself?

For example, random guest viewing random game, i press the random game link and go the to archived game but then i press the link to the games archive, and it says its locked for me?

Is it supposed to be this way or am i missing something?

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2014, 09:25:20 pm »

No, that's working correctly (as set up anyway) - the Games Archive Board is Hidden and Restricted, but the games in them are at whatever restriction setting they were at when they were active.

The 'Guests' checking them out are just Search Engine Spiderbots crawling the Site and indexing it.

*creepy right?  ;D

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2014, 10:24:50 pm »

Eh... I think google is going to turn out like Skynet anyways sooner or later^^
This is the beginning of the end i say!
Pages: [1]   Go Up