Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Call of PikaChulu  (Read 84963 times)

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
Re: The Call of PikaChulu
« Reply #250 on: March 05, 2014, 05:29:27 pm »

Ash sticks his tongue out at him and hisses, his mind not thinking straight. "Alright guys, we should go..."

Waiting for everyone to move on ahead, he decides to pick up some of the darts on the floor, perhaps he could lick them later, they must taste rather decently.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 05, 2014, 10:59:46 pm »

Some kind of bizarre cult ceremony is in full swing on the third floor!

Under a single electric bulb hanging twenty feet from the ceiling, a congregation of robed and hooded young girls dance and wave red pompoms around a black alter carved with odd angles and unearthly designs on which rests the Pokénomicon.

The cult leader, a young boy wearing a robe emblazoned with a yellow and brown visage of PikaChulu, stands behind the alter leading the girls in a cheerleader-like chant:

"Gimme a Pi, Gimme a Ka, Gimme a Chulu!"
"Gimme a Pi, Gimme a Ka, Gimme a Chulu!"

"IA!  IA!  PikaChulu Fatagn!"
"IA!  IA!  PikaChulu Fatagn!"

"‘Cause in his house at R’lyeh – Dread PikaChulu waits – dreaming!"

All the while, the girls comment and complain to one another during the chant, to the irritation of the cult leader:

“It doesn’t even rhyme… I think it’s very non-Euclidian… Yeah, squamous even… These robes are really cramping my style… How long is this gona take, my feet are killing me?!?”

Meanwhile, a telescope at a window behind the cultist points towards the ocean, the point that great PikaChulu will rise…

---

When Pikachu and the Team enter, the Cult leader throws off his hood. It’s Gary Oak! 

“You’re always a step behind me Ash. Let me clue you in.”

“I happened to be on Cinnabar Island when the Pokénomicon was found."

"Using my family connections, I was able to get into Professor Pine’s lab to study it. Seeing the bizarre and powerful new Pokémon it held, I decided that I should be the first Pokémon master to collect them all!"

"And I’m going to start with the most powerful – PikaChulu!”

“Stealing the Pokénomicon from the lab was easy. The fools! Ha! They don’t even suspect it was me!”

*Dramatic Pause

“Though I intended to start with the great PikaChulu, all this chanting has changed my Nine Tales – for the better. Let me introduce him to you!”

At this point, the shadows in one corner of the chamber suddenly lift off the floor like smoke and congeal into a hideous mongrel form – a Nine-Tailed Hound of Tindalos.

The very sight of the monster shakes the very foundation of everyone's soul. There is something primordial and cyclopean about it that rakes across the fibers and sinews of one's sanity!

Pikachu is unfazed by it (+1 Psychosis), but the Voice in his head is a roaring river of power! 'Now! Stand upon the Alter and take your place among the Gods!'

Ash meanwhile, has his Licking Compulsion jolted into the stratosphere (+2 Psychosis)! In fact, he's not going to be able to do anything other than head over to the Altar right now - where he's going to have to figure a way to break off a chunk. Fine Cthulhu Altars like this cannot be licked. They must be chewed and savored!

Misty is shaken and begins to see the spirits of all the dead Pokémon that have ever been (+2 Psychosis), swirling around her in the air. There's so many of them, that she's barely able to distinguish anything else around her!

Brock's Impaired Vision actually comes in handy here, buffering him a bit from what he is seeing - though what he can hear is rather disturbing (+1 Psychosis).

Nurse Joy just steels herself and accepts that whatever is going on, she doesn't really understand it. As such, her psyche manages to hold itself together pretty well (+1 Psychosis).

Officer Jenny seems to be hit hardest - perhaps not fully getting over her last bit of psychosis (+4 Psychosis) - and suddenly develops an acute sense of how unstable the tower they are all in really is (Fear of Heights).

---

(OOC - Combat Round One - but also feel free to monolog while you do so!)

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 05, 2014, 11:08:43 pm »

"Pika CHUUUUUU" Pikachu shouts, running towards the alter, and sending a lightning shock at anything anything that tries to stop him.
(I SHALL RISE!!!)

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 05, 2014, 11:12:40 pm »

Nurse Joy frowns and scolds Gary.

"Gary Oak! Stop what you're doing this instant! Do you have any idea how terrible these pokemon must feel!"

She says. Nurse Joy then turns to Chansey and tells her to use bubblebeam on the poor mutated pokemon so he can't hurt anyone. Chansey does a approving waddle and obeys.

Misty meanwhile panics looking at all the dead pokemon, but manages to throw out a pokeball.

"Starmie!! Use surf and get rid of all these ghosts! Kyaaa!!"

Misty commands, running to a corner and getting in the fetal position.

OOC: NO!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 11:18:59 pm by killa_robot »

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 05, 2014, 11:17:29 pm »

"Bulbasaur... Use vine whip to break off a piece of that delicious altar..." Ash says in a dazed moan. I need this.... I will find the flavour that is better than java beans!

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 05, 2014, 11:19:09 pm »

"This is wrong Gary, you can't do this to pokémon, you can't turn them into these evil, mindless creatures, you can't destroy the power of friendship!"

Geodude, waiting for Psyduck and Starmie to use surf first, will use seismic toss on Professor Oak, also putting himself close enough to the trainer that if Ninetails tries to hit him with an AoE, he would get the professor as well as the rock pokémon.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 12:11:27 am by Drakilian »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 06, 2014, 12:02:42 am »

"Why in the name of pokemon did you build this tower so high!?" Jenny shouts, still riding arcanine she barks out "Fire blast! Hit those weird people! Gaery, you're under arrest!"
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 12:17:27 am by Daedalus »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 06, 2014, 08:38:23 pm »

"Pika CHUUUUUU" Pikachu shouts, running towards the alter, and sending a lightning shock at anything that might try to stop him.
(I SHALL RISE!!!)

About eight of the twelve cheerleaders are fried by Pikachu’s Thunder Shock – falling over with super frizzy hair and smoke coming from their ears. The rest of them shriek in panic and rush over to Brock to team-bludgeon him with their pompoms in rage.

Brock isn’t sure whether to be offended that they would all attack him or if he just really likes it (1 Damage).

Nurse Joy meanwhile, lectures Gary, who ignores her completely. Seeing Pikachu hop up on the altar, he begins casting some kind of spell and Pikachu feels a rush of euphoric power surging into him!

This is it! Take your rightful place as GOD of this world!’ the Voice in Pikachu’s head says with heady glee!

Then Chansy Bubblebeams the Nine-Tailed Hound of Tindalos for 10 Damage and slows its base speed a bit as it slips around on the leftover soap bubbles.

"Starmie!! Use surf and get rid of all these ghosts! Kyaaa!!" Misty commands and Starmie Surfs a bunch of Cheerleaders right off their feet (11 Damage). Gary Oak is unfazed by it however and finishes he spell.

At that point, Pikachu fees rather odd, but nothing unusual appears to be happening yet…

As all this goes on, Bulbasuar Vine-Whips a chunk off the Altar and hands it to Ash who chomps down on it with gusto!

Shivers go up and down his spine at how incredibly awful it tastes – as if he was sucking melted chocolate ice cream through polyester!

Geodude, waiting for Starmie to use surf first, then uses Seismic Toss on Gary, but misses!

Then at Officer Jenny’s order, Arcanine Fire Blasts Gary and the Cheerleaders – catching Brock in it too!

The remaining Cheerleaders are charred black and fall over with plus/plus eyes (+.+)! Brock and Gary both take 12 Damage, but make their Saves against being Burned!

Then the Nine-Tailed Hound of Tindalos uses Fire Blast on everyone but Brock (who as already established, was standing quite close to Gary) and Pikachu. The blast does 18 Damage after the beast boosts it with Surge!

The Double Damage fries poor Bulbasaur and Pikachu’s Scyther – now both (+.+) as well, while Starmie, Geodude, and Arcanine only takes half Damage.

Sadly, Offer Jenny and Nurse Joy are BURNED (-4 to all attack rolls).

---

Meanwhile, from above, everyone hears a loud thump, and the tower sways unsteadily for a moment, as Team Rocket lands its patched-up Meowth balloon on the roof…

Then yelling...

Jessie: “It’s a balloon, how could you land it so hard?!?”

James: “I don’t think this building is safe.”

Jessie: “Then we better hurry. Get going!”

---

(OOC – On to Round 2)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 08:43:56 pm by BerkaZerka »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 06, 2014, 09:09:40 pm »

"NOOOOOOO, ALL THOSE PRETTY CHEERLEADEEEEEEEEERRS!"

Brock downs a soda pop, then goes to smash the nine tails with a rock (or stab Gary with Nurse's syringe instead, if that is an option)

"Geodude, use Rockslide on ninetails and then bodyslam on ninetails if he's still Conscious! If not, then bodyslam Gary! If you can, then use Rockslide on Pikachu! He has to be stopped, he's gone crazy with power!"
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 10:33:41 pm by Drakilian »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 06, 2014, 09:11:01 pm »

"Pikachu?" Pikachu asks, out loud yet actually talking to the voice in his head, as he tilts his head in disapointment.
(Huh?)

"Pika pika Pikachu?" Pika asks out loud.
(Where's Mah GODHOOD?)

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 06, 2014, 09:43:14 pm »

"Arcanine, toast Gary!" She tells Arcanine. "Brock, watch out! GOGO EVERYONE!" She yells out, to boost their attacks with surge! After Arcanine attacks she proceeds to with police brutality on Gary (If hes' alive)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 09:45:01 pm by Daedalus »

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 06, 2014, 09:49:41 pm »

Ash's eyes go wide at his fainted Bulbasaur, "WHAT THE FARK OFFICER JENNY?!?! YOU KILLED MY BULBASAUR YOU CRAZY TRIGGER-HAPPY BITCH!"
His ears cringe at Piakchu's rebellious, wacky pika-peeing as he points at him, "AND YOU, FIRK IT PIKACHU! WHAT'S GOING ON WITH YOU??? WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE FRIENDS, NOT GODS"

And the future Pokemon master smells... Gary, "DAMMIT MAN, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR POKEMON?!?! WHAT THE FARK IS GOING ON?"

Yelling blindly and salivating, Ash Ketchum throws 2 darts at the crazy-ass Nine-tails from Cthuhell, using surges as necessary. (And one at Gary, if he could use Jenny's surge)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 09:55:45 pm by Tanstaafl »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 06, 2014, 10:24:25 pm »

Misty, still in the corner, desperately tries to pat the lingering fire off of her.

"Ouch, it's hot! Starmie! Stop that thing! Use surf!"

She commands, ordering Starmie to use surf on the Nine-Tailed Hound of Tindalos (giving it a luck point with harmony if it would help hit).
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 10:33:28 pm by killa_robot »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 07, 2014, 03:16:22 pm »

Brock downs his refreshing beverage and then goes to smash the nine tails with a rock. He is alarmed to see that his attack passes right through the mutated Nine-tails as if the horrifying creature was mead of pure shadow!

The Nine-Tailed Hound of Tindalos then uses Quick Attack to chomp Brock around the neck and shakes him like a ragdoll for 10 Damage!

Gary meanwhile, grabs the Pokénomicon off the altar and throws out a Pokéball. “Pidgeotto – get me the hell out of here!”

Pidgeotto appears and hops over to Gary. It looks like it will try to take Gay out the window!

Geodude then crits a Rockslide on the Nine-Tailed Hound of Tindalos for 11 Damage straight to Wounds, but the foul beast is still up! Then at Officer Jenny’s rally, Geodude follows up with a Body Slam for 14 more Damage on Gary – knocking the shit out of him!

Gary spends a Surge Point however and shakes off the KO.

Not finished, Geodude throws a Rockslide on Pikachu – but the lightning quick Pokémon easily Doges it.

Pikachu meanwhile, suddenly sprouts a stubby little mustache of eight short yellow tentacles from his face. And that’s all that happens…  nothing more…

Huh… I guess the stars were not right after all…’ the Voice in Pikachu’s head says with a sigh and is then gone, but it seems to have left something in its place – a new Poképower of some kind…

Up above, Team Rocket pokes their head in through a trap door in the ceiling.

“Prepare for trouble, and make it double…” then looking at Pikachu – “Waaaaaaah?!?”

Team Rocket then slowly pulls back, closes the trapdoor, and scurries back to their balloon.

While this happens, Officer Jenny commands Arcanaine to toast Gary again, but Arcanine just cocks his head and looks at her like she’s stupid or something.

That doesn’t stop Officer Jenny from marching over to Gary however and administering a well-deserved beating with her nightstick for 8 Damage – which is just enough to take him out! (+.+)

Yelling blindly and salivating, Ash Ketchum meanwhile, throws 2 handfuls of paralytic darts at the Nine-Tailed Hound of Tindalos – hitting it with at least a dozen of them! Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to be effected in the least by whatever poison might still be on the darts.

Then Misty commands Starmie to use Surf on the Nine-Tailed Hound of Tindalos. A massive wave of water crashes into the terrible creature for 20 Damage (10 x2) – not only leveling the beast (+.+) – but knocking it right through the weakened wall of the tower and to the ground 120 feet below – for another 60SL Damage! The thing is completely pancaked on the ground and evaporates back into wispy shadow.

At that, the tower abruptly creaks over – straining the timber supports! Then blocks start falling out of the southeast wall and the support timbers start to pop and snap!

The tower is collapsing!

---

(OOC – Combat is over BUT… If you don’t stop Pidgeotto, it will carry Gary (and the Pokénomicon away this next Round) – also, if you are in the tower when it collapses… well, let’s just say it won’t be pleasant…)

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 07, 2014, 04:06:31 pm »

"PiiiKaaaChuuu!" The mustached Pikachu shouts, in a deep, deep, voice, sending out a thunder shock at Gary, before farting.
(Ouch, mah stomach hurts....)

It then (and it certainly deserves to be called an it) climbs up the wall, and attempts to enter the roofs trapdoor, about to belch.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 07, 2014, 07:58:25 pm »

(Waiting for Pikachu's thundershock to go first)

"Ok geodude, snatch the pokenomicon from Gary's (Probably dead) body and toss it to me!" (1 action)

After Geodude completes these tasks, Brock will escape the tower a la sentient flying boulder. (The other action)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 10:27:11 pm by Drakilian »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 07, 2014, 09:28:05 pm »

Misty, realizing that they could all die any minute, throws out Psyduck from his pokeball.

"KYYYYAAAA!!! GET US OUT OF HERE STARMIE AND PSYDUCK!"

She yells. She then grabs Psyduck and starts shaking him violently.

"I DONT WANT TO DIE IN THIS SCARY TOWER!!"

Meanwhile, Nurse Joy and Chansey continue to try and treat the injuries of those there, unable to come up with their own plan to escape.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 07, 2014, 10:24:28 pm »

OOC: Bah... Punish lawbreakers.. Bah!

"Arcanine, do whatever it takes to stop Pidgeotto, we cant let him escape with the Pienlmicon and Gary!" She shouta O arcanine.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 08, 2014, 11:15:05 pm »

Ash's eyes continue to go wide, "Pikachu? What's going on?" Biting his lip, he pulls his hat back, he pulls back bulbasaur into his Pokéball. "Come back Bulbasaur..."
He runs across the room, leaning down to get a taste of the altar, (assuming Gary is knocked out) he looks at the Gary.

"Gah, I'm so gonna regret this..." The future Pokemaster mutters as he tries to pick up his rival. Trying to move towards the trap door, "Charmander, I choose you! Flame-thrower through the trap door!"
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 11:24:22 pm by Tanstaafl »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 11, 2014, 01:23:34 pm »

Pikachu sends out a Thunder Shock at Gary – refrying his beans and catching the Pidgeotto in it too. At this point, Gary also catches on fire and starts burning – while the Pidgeotto is Paralyzed and falls over twitching.

Pikachu then scampers up through the trapdoor in the ceiling and sees Team Rocket fleeing across the roof of the wobbling tower toward their Meowth-Head Ballooon.

When they see Pikachu’s tentacled face pop up from below, they scream in terror and start running even faster!

In the Tower meanwhile, Geodude grabs the Pokénomicon in one hand and Brock in the other. It then leaps out the window and glides very steeply to the ground away from the tower. The two of them make it to the tree line – as indicated by the resounding face-plant Brock does on the trunk of a gnarled oak for 15 SL Damage!

As this goes on, Misty throws out Psyduck and shakes him violently, screaming for him to get them out of there! Psyduck just tilts its head with a confused look on its face.

Meanwhile, Nurse Joy and Chansy are overwhelmed, trying to treat all the horrible injuries of the poor double-roasted Cheerleeders.

Officer Jenny orders Arcanine to stop Gary, and once again Arcanine just looks at her and sighs heavily. It then tugs gently on her skirt, as if saying ‘ we need to get out of here now.’

Ash runs toward Gary, but is distracted by the foul tasting altar – his mind unable to comprehend that is doesn’t taste fabulous, like he expected – so he hesitates just to get a few more licks in…

And then with a huge explosion of fracturing stone and splintering wood, the southeast side of the tower suddenly buckles!

Inside, it is too late for Ash, Misty, Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny – as well as all the wounded and their Pokémon. They are buried in piles and piles of stone taking hundreds and hundreds of points of Damage and unquestioningly needing a full body cast after that (should anyone ever bother to dig them all out).

Up above meanwhile, Team Rocket cowers in one side of their Balloon basket, while Tentacle Pikachu sits in the other. Apparently, they all managed to jump in at just the last second.

“Please don’t eat out beautiful brains!” they wail in tears – “We never really wanted to capture you! It was all just a miss understanding!”

Down below, Brock eventually regains consciousness and sees the collapses tower. It is a smoking pile of rubble with broken arms and legs and other mangled limbs sticking out. It’s going to take a long time to dig out his friends – but at least he has Geodude’s help.

At least he’s stopped Gary’s evil plan and recovered the Pokénomicon. If they’re lucky, maybe there’s some way to reverse all this madness and restore his Onyx back to normal, as well as Pikachu and the other Pokémon.

After that, who knows...

Maybe they should try to take the cursed thing to Cinnabar Island and throw it in the volcano. After all, that sort of thing always seems to work in the movies.

THE END

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: March 11, 2014, 01:55:45 pm »

"Pika pika pika pi!" Pikachu says, in the end.
(I'm gonna be a Pokemon master! But first... Brains...) ;D

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 11, 2014, 04:24:42 pm »

Brock downs a potion, pulls up his sleeves, and then looks to Geodude.

"Looks like we've got some work to do buddy"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 11, 2014, 10:50:46 pm »

However, before eating poor team rockets'
Brains (unfilling) Pikachulu takes out a delicious fortune cookie, and opens it, ready to devour the thing after reading the small paper

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 11, 2014, 10:52:41 pm »

The Fortune Cookie reads: "The stars are not right."

;D

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 11, 2014, 10:53:45 pm »

Pikachu foams in the mouth, and squamous blasts team rocket in annoyance.

XD

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 11, 2014, 10:57:10 pm »

TEAM ROCKET BLASTING OFF AGAIN!!!

;D

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar