Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unarmed Event!  (Read 17029 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Unarmed Event!
« on: March 12, 2014, 08:25:51 pm »

Event 1. Unarmed
  • No Armor
  • No Weapons
  • Matches are To KO or Wounded (Wound Point Loss)
  • Healing will be provided for Advancing Participants before each New Match

---

Fight Roster_
Fight 1: Jie Hu vs. Udo
Fight 2: Winner Vs. Roka (minus 1 Luck and 1d3 Surge)
Fight 3: Winner Vs. Last Year's Grand Champion Sumo Guy (minus 1 Luck and 1d3 Surge)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 08:30:31 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Unarmed Event!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 12:32:35 pm »

All right, these should be pretty simple - just Post Round-to-Round Tactics (telling me how to use your Luck and Surge Points).

Unlike Normal Game Play, I will not spend any Luck or Surge Points for your Character on your behalf or retroactively. You will need to give me any and all contingency plans on how you will use or save them each Round.

Also, If you have a PC there giving you Born Leader Surge Points, we need to know how many at the start of each Fight.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 12:41:24 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 12:42:09 pm »

@ Tanstaafl & Daedalus - You guys are up first - go ahead and post your Round 1 Intentions for Udo & Jie Hu!

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 01:12:42 pm »

You realise you Wrote Udo and Keitaro? -EDIT: Nvm i accidentely clicked swordsmanship ^^

JH'S wont spend any luck or surge. (I thought this would be like the last tournament)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 01:18:23 pm by Daedalus »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 08:37:09 pm »

(Roka wants Udo to win, so consider 4/6 available to use.)

Roka enters the hall, looking foward for his neck match. It should be tough. The young upstart, Jie Something, a Yoriki So, or Udo, the dude who broke his toe last tournament. However, certainly, Roka would rather face Udo. It may be simply because Udo is a pure Nipponese, or it's due to the fact that Roka has gotten used to Outdoorsman but it would be best that Udo wins.

"Come on Udo! Prove the strength of the Yoriki of Sendai!"
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 08:54:10 pm by Aman »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 08:48:01 pm »

Is that 4 out of 6?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 08:51:08 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 08:49:02 pm »

Guys, I need you to post (or PM me) your attack plans - you know? Punch? Kick? Grapple? Bite?

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 08:49:46 pm »

Guys, at least post your attack plans - you know? Punch? Kick? Grapple? Bite?

Oh, sorry, I thought you just wanted plans. I'll post a descriptor of Roka's chant now.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 08:51:24 pm by BerkaZerka »

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 08:49:52 pm »

Alright, Udo will use 1 Luck point, 1 personal surge, and 2 of Roka's surges. Keeping 2 for the sword-duel. (Assuming he could do that?)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2014, 08:50:22 pm »

What? XD
Oh, sorry, I thought you just wanted plans. I'll post a descriptor of Roka's chant now.

Not from you - from the two fighting...

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2014, 08:50:44 pm »

Alright, Udo will use 1 Luck point, 1 personal surge, and 2 of Roka's surges. Keeping 2 for the sword-duel. (Assuming he could do that?)

And?

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2014, 08:51:33 pm »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2014, 08:57:28 pm »

OK then  :)

BTW - Roka's Chant:

Go Udo Go!
Go Udo Go!
The Chink is Too Slow!
The Chink is Too Slow!
Kick His Crotch and Drink a Scotch!
Then Stuff him in a Hole!

(The more racist the chant, the more Surge Points it's worth haha!)  ;D

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2014, 08:58:28 pm »

I love it! XD

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2014, 09:08:37 pm »

That's awesome.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2014, 09:33:22 pm »

I'll Update the First Round Tomorrow Afternoon (Hopefully D gives us more detail by then)  8)

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2014, 06:02:03 pm »

DO IT NOW! DO IT LIKE THE PENGUIN YOU ARE! >:D'

Or... Jh will use Udo's head like a punching bag, when he feels Udo have had enough, he will punch some more! Hahah! (No seriously, he wont use any luck or surge, he considers it a warmup towards the swordfighting)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2014, 11:50:37 am »

Udo enters the ring with a silly grin on his face. Looking around, he waves at Roka, who's cheering him on, but mostly just waves to his multiple animal companions. He stares at his opponent, half-Chinese? A sad story, perhaps. But Udo is merely here to bring honor to his family, he hopes to win; and will earnestly try to win. "Thanks Roka!" Nodding at his 'family', "Autolycus, skunk #1, Starling, Skunk #3, Rai the dog, Unnamed hedgehog, Squirrels, Chiko, Kirito's pet monkey, Bleach, and of course Yoshi his horse."

Udo takes one of his headbands and ties it on his forehead, he stands sorta tall as he runs towards his opponent, using 1 of Roka's surges to get first initiative, and tries to Sumo Slam his opponent, using another of Roka's surges to show his MASTERY OF GRAPPLE. "Here we go!" He grunts trying to get his hands on JH...

(1 luck if JH gets a crit or something haha.)

---

Jh will use Udo's head like a punching bag, when he feels Udo have had enough, he will punch some more!

---

Udo reacts first, scooping up Jie Hu and leaping into the air to land atop the half-blood warrior for 9 Damage and holding him on the ground prone.

Jie Hu immediately counters the Hold and stands up, double-punching Udo in the head for 12 & 6 Damage!

---

Notes: Udo did not use any Luck or Surge Points or Born Leader Surge Points that Round as all Natural Die Rolls were high enough to stand on their own.

(On to Round 2)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2014, 03:51:57 pm »

Udo grunts, embarrassed that those hits did such a number on him. He rushes forward again, attempting to joint lock his Chinese opponent, using a surge to do it quickly and with mastery. He also hopes that luck will allow the Chinese man's punches to sting less (halve damage if it will help)...
However, if the Chinese man breaks out, he will attempt to get a choke hold on him (using Roka's surges for Grapple Master and to get an extra attack)

---

Jei Hu - more of the same.

---

Udo grabs Jei Hu's leg and locks it up in a hold. As it is a Hold and not a Pin, Jei Hu ignores it and just continues to play ping pong with Udo's head - KO'ing him and then Disabling him with brutal efficiency! (7 & 10 & 10 Damage)

---

Jei Hu Wins!

And that was terrible strategy on Udo's part... A Pin would have prevented an attack back, unlike a Hold. Udo also failed to capitalize on Surge to make multiple attacks per round. Oh well, there's always next year...

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2014, 03:53:53 pm »

Fight Two
Jei Hu vs. Roka
Give me your combat intentions...

Roka is down Luck and Surge from his Offscreen Fight! Je Hui has the Advantage!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 03:55:34 pm by BerkaZerka »

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
  • Keitaro Hokusai, the Drunken Ox of Sendai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2014, 04:25:46 pm »

Fight Two
Jei Hu vs. Roka

Roka is down Luck and Surge from his Offscreen Fight! Je Hui has the Advantage!
"Ha Dear Friend, I've got your back on this one! You better whip that Chinese Bastard's arse! Now get out there and fight like you're after some prize dame from Ms. Zu's! (A made up "red light district" joke lol)" Keitaro says coming to Roka's side to "coach him" for his fight.

Keitaro will born leader 3 surge to Roka during this fight.
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2014, 07:40:17 am »

JH surprised that he won, decides to keep doing his style. He bows to Udo after defeating him, and moves on to the next round. He decides to use the same strategy.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2014, 11:12:53 am »

Use Keitaro's surge to attack first.
Hit as many hits in, use ki points to activate awesome auto crit when possible.
Use luck only to counter crits. I have more ki points then luck. (Use bronze body if needed)

Texty text:

"Ha ha, Keitaro, I never need to chase women. They fall to my feet whenever I call" Roka replies to Keitaro's cheering, laughing.

"Well, I suppose Udo wasn't enough to take you on, even with my cheering. I suppose I'll have to teach you the true strength of a Yoriki of Sendai." Roka says to JH, bowing.

---

As soon as the gong sounds, Roka leaps into action and kicks Jei Hu's face - instantly KO'ing him with a 16 Damage Crit. Jei Hu hits the mat even before Roka can follow up with his signature flying knee to the chest.

---

Roka Wins!  ;D
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 11:17:14 am by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2014, 11:16:59 am »

Fight Three
Roka vs. Last Year's Grand Champion Sumo Guy (minus 1 Luck and 2 Surge)

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2014, 02:21:52 pm »

"Go Roka Go!"

Yuki cheers, prepared to give him up to 3 luck points so he doesn't get knocked the Fark out get crushed.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2014, 03:47:41 pm »

Roka enters the stage, flexing to his adoring fans, his muscles doubling in size and in awesomeness (tottaly not due to drugs. (heavy hitter)). He vows to the large nameless sumo dude. He is pretty large, after all.

This is gonna suck... Roka thinks to himself, though he shows nothing but confidence on the outside. The sumo dude is gonna be a tough one to handle. Hopefully the sumo dude will fail regarding his grapple moves.

As soon as the gong sounds, Roka surges forward to attack first, throwing a punch at the Sumo, aiming to crit. He then follows with the signature move to the stomach. (Use luck points to get <10, or use a luck to crit if it is 4 away from normal critting). He aims to launch the sumo far. In fact, if it's gonna be less then 35 feet away, use a ki point to launch him the full 50 feet.)

"HNNNG! Damn, Sumos weigh a lot..."

(Use luck points to make sure I hit and such. Use luck to dodge if I can dodge the attacks with only one, unless it's a pinning technique, if so, dodge using two if needed. Use luck to halve damage if more then 10 vitality points.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 04:21:06 pm by Aman »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2014, 06:16:07 pm »

The Sumo gets the jump on Roka - but Roka Surges to slip into his attacks first - Criting with a brutal punch to the Sumo's face for 18 Damage (with Heavy Hitter) and breaking the Sumo's nose - KO'ing him!

Making sure to double-tap, Roka then lands another solid blow fueled by Grievous Injury Technique - to bypass Vitality and go straight to Wounds for 14 more Damage!

The force of the blow blasts the huge Sumo Wrestle right out of the ring and onto his back in a cloud of dust - causing the arena to fall silent in baited breath...

Then, the Sumo shakes off the KO (1 Surge), convinces himself that he's not really hurt that bad (1 Luck for half Damage each/1 Luck to Counter last Crit), activates Heavy Hitter himself (1 Surge) and rushes across the ring at Roka like a charging bull!

He then spends 1 Surge for an attack, 1 Surge for Grapple Master, and 1 Surge for a Combo Power Sumo Slam - literally picking up and bum-rushing Roka fifty feet backwards, before plowing him headfirst into the ground - with Sumo Guy still on top and now trapping Roka in a Hold!

Roka takes an amazing 56 Damage and is utterly crushed! But Spends a Ki Energy point for Brass Body Technique to avoid being instantly Disabled - and another to shrug the KO!

Seeing Roka is still alive, the huge Sumo guy grins widely and gives what can only be described as a 'hearty grunt' of approval...

---

Onto Round 2 (better make this fast Roka haha!)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 06:29:10 pm by BerkaZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2014, 07:22:39 pm »

Roka coughs, having been almost crushed by the Sumo.

"Agh, you got a damn good attack..." He mutters, readying his fists while the sumo is on him.

He then goes into action (OOC: Must go first. Doesn't matter what. Go first with surge)

He then launches a punch at the sumo, using luck to make sure it's above 14, slamming his fist into the giants stomach. By doing so, he then adds a savage blow into the mix, as well as Grevious injury., Roka sends another punch, fueled in the same method, no savage blow, but still Grevious injury method.

If the sumo is still up, Roka shouts in anger, and surges yet again (if I don't have any more, exhaust Roka) and hits the sumo. If I have a surge left, I activate Grevious injury mode again (burning luck to do so)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2014, 07:33:13 pm »

Roka throws a nice one-two punch into the Sumo's rippling fat rolls, doing a devastating 24 Damage Crit on the first. Unfortunately for the Sumo, with only one luck point left, he is only able to counter the Crit, and still takes enough damage to be wounded.

Roka doesn't even have to throw the second blow. The Sumo shakes off the KO with Surge and then stands up holding his chest and spitting up blood - yet he still smiles broadly and bows to Roka - Winner of this year's Grand Championship!

---

Unarmed Results
  • Jei Hu 3rd Place
  • Sumo Guy 2nd Place
  • Roka 1st Place

« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 07:44:32 pm by BerkaZerka »

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2014, 07:36:26 pm »

(Don't ya mean JH?)

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2014, 07:39:09 pm »

Roka bows, his body in utter pain, and raises his fist into the air in victory, and then how to the nameless sumo dude.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2014, 07:44:20 pm »

(Don't ya mean JH?)

Nah, he was disqualified for being Chinese...  ;)

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2014, 07:44:48 pm »

Nah, he was disqualified for being Chinese...  ;)
Ninja!
Pages: [1]   Go Up