Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Maps and Area Description  (Read 4938 times)

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
Maps and Area Description
« on: April 12, 2014, 12:05:19 pm »

This is the map of the interior of the small base which has been your home for the past two years as you have been training to join the military. This is the map displayed on the wall in miniature and the map on the computer system. (in the setting this is awesome and 3D and possibly holographic, sadly when converting from 3D hologram to a picture it rendered it like a drawing in paint.)

The Pod-Like structure is due to many of the base pieces being dropped in whole or re-purposed from a large vessel sent in with supplies and designed to be split into rooms upon landing. Red lines in doorways indicates high level security blast doors. the blue thing in the main area is a water feature with a statue in the middle of a Roman general.

The base contains most of the amenities that are needed for a comfortable life but it IS a military training academy so slacking off, being drunk, disobeying orders or going where you are not allowed is immediately followed by disciplinary action. There has been an on-going war against insurgents which you were all training for, but in the past month, details of Alien invaders called 'The Covenant' have been released to military personnel.

The insurgents are now in a turmoil half wanting to join back up with Earth. Initially having not believed the military, claiming it was a trick, however in the past 3 months several instillation and colonies have gone silent with between 95% and 100% casualty rates.

You know the base well due to your time here, however most of you will never have been into certain rooms or areas due to restricted access, you may have wanted to try however most of you will have never even thought to actually risk the attempt. Disobeying orders and trying to break into secure areas in a time of war can be classed as treason after all.

Things to Note
1. Red lines indicate high security blast doors
2. You know there are ducts between the structures for power and air circulation but none of you know any real detail
3. You know there are, at any one time, around 6 Warthogs in the Garage with more out on patrol or training missions, some passenger types and some with mounted guns. There is one Scorpion tank assigned to the base.
4. The indoor training area is a gallery with blast-glass at ground level for people to watch the sunken combat area. It can be controlled from the Sim room where cover can be extended or retracted from the floor, walls and ceiling to form new and complex environments. There are several common patterns that are used regularly which you are all very familiar with. Standardly used for small team warfare training.
5. Training exercises are carried out in real combat armor and helmets, real guns are used but they fire stun rounds, similar to a Tazer but they fire just like real bullets and really hurt when you get hit on top of the stunning you.
6. A typical day is: Breakfast in the canteen, morning training, Lunch in the canteen, afternoon training, late dinner in the canteen, evening free until lights-out. Training might by physical training outside or Warfare Theory and Tactics inside.
7. Every room has a terminal of some sort which can connect to the academy systems and 'internet'.
8. You never keep weapons, live ammo or armor in your dorm. This is a training academy not a live military base.
9. The officers quarters is a 3 level structure - Officers on top layer, Marines on the ground layer and basement layer, They DO have their own gear and weapons in their lockers.
10. Storage room A is also the laundry room etc.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 12:32:13 pm by Forge »

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
Re: Maps and Area Description
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 10:15:49 pm »

This map represents the immediate surroundings of the Academy where you have been training all these years. The image quality isn't great and all roads are displayed as completely straight lines where in reality they have curves and the terrain is not completely flat.  The reason for these issue with the map is simple, it was drawn by one of your characters from memory on their computer to be included in a letter home, it was removed for censorship issues but included here for you all to see. All problems with the map can be directed toward your own 'In-game' personas for being too tired and bad at art.

The main areas are labeled:

Woodland to the West This is light woodland with space to run between the trees and light shrubbery on the ground for basic cover. This entire area was seeded by the military several decades before for training purposes and to import Earth Flora as the native forests are very dense. The circular areas are small outposts designed for use in simple war game scenarios.

Rocky Area to the North East This area was already naturally full of rocks and shale so it did not take much to turn it into a good mountainous training area, again with a few outposts added. This area is full of loose rock, boulders and hills to obscure line of sight.

Dense forest and Lake to the South East This area is the last bit of Natural Flora in the area after the immediate surroundings were cleared, first for/by military testing of weapons and then for the academy to be opened. The lake is a natural feature, fed by a large underground spring. The water being pushed up has also pushed up silt from the underground layers forming a beach of sorts. The forest surrounding the lake is dense and difficult to navigate, visibility is severely reduced and moving any distance is hard.

Surrounding Grasslands These surrounding areas are a mix of grasses and shrubs, You are well acquainted with these areas due to having long training and endurance runs here.

Your time is split between the training areas and the base. Usually you have 1 session of theory in the morning then the long afternoon session in the field at one of the various training sites, running drills or mock combat scenarios which include everything from woodland capture the flag to mock beach landings in the lake.

Notes:
The road leading South off the map leads to the orbital launch-pads and the small community that has developed around it to produce food, water and power for those living here. As this area of the planet was initially used as a test field it is several hours to the South in order to separate the military activities from the civilians supporting them. Now it simply means that its a long drive to get a ship into space for any trips home.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 01:35:22 pm by Forge »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 10:20:04 pm »

Right click the picture, press open in new tab, copy the link, press the picture icon when replying and paste it.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 10:33:15 pm »

So, basically, you see the button that lets you bold your words? Literally right under that is the image button. Highlight the URL and click that button, and you're solid.

Did it for you here.

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 11:34:06 pm »

Yup, that's a really obvious button right there... Now I know :)

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 03:05:13 pm »

Ok questions about the base, things you want to know or think you should know please ask here and I will add to the Things to note section.

Exterior map to follow once I get to make it.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 03:20:23 pm »

I have one.

Whats a garrage? ^^

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 03:58:25 pm »

I have one.

Whats a garrage? ^^

Ah that answer is simple:

Shutupa your face. I am very very tired right now.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 04:46:31 pm »

;D

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 05:17:51 pm »

Wooo I linked in my own picture! also first time using a new map program... nothing amazing but if I actually practice and get the full version then I might one day produce good maps.

Again, please post any questions about what you think your char should know.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 05:21:54 pm »

What are the circles in the woodmands and the mountains?

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 05:35:30 pm »

What are the circles in the woodmands and the mountains?

Explained in the details below the map, they are small outposts set up for training exercises. I can actually link you to a pic of what one might look like, or a couple of options. They are only used for training so they are not full secure buildings or anything.

Here is one example, others will be posted if you reach one that is not this design.

The visible side ramps on two sides lead onto the roof which has partial cover, the other two sides have doors which lead in via a small corridor that splits left and right immediately upon entry, both directions turn back toward the middle and come out into the open central area. That hole visible on the top drops into the central area. the walls are too high and sheer to jump or climb easily.

Others are even more basic, simple rooms or watchtowers with staircases circling up the outside
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 05:45:08 pm by Forge »

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2015, 07:26:28 pm »

And just realized I posted the wrong version of the map. It's missing the generator room... new map posted tonight lol

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2015, 12:33:15 pm »

Posted the proper map, the only change for those who notice is that two of the corridors now no longer end randomly at doors, they lead to the base generator room as intended
Pages: [1]   Go Up