Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Mythic Nippon Adventure III  (Read 265468 times)

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Mythic Nippon Adventure III
« Reply #250 on: April 06, 2014, 04:17:03 pm »

"Thank you uncle. It is greatly appreciated that you even consider our request."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 06, 2014, 04:30:37 pm »

Uncle Yunikawa nods to Roka and then turns to answer Rai - "Actually I do. The phenomena has been a study of mine for a long many years."

"It is unusual for anyone to witness such a thing; and to have more than one such occurrence happen among the same group of people is incredible."

"It is actually what I have called you all here to discuss - but that can wait until the morning. For now though, is there any more to discuss of Kioko?"

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 06, 2014, 04:32:30 pm »

Perplexed, Udo asks, "Wait, so if you find something about the future from Kioko, and then uh, change it. What happens to Kioko?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 06, 2014, 04:33:58 pm »

"Well..." Roka begins. "I'm not educated in the occult, so it would be appreciated if you could explain how this could have happened. I don't understand it."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 06, 2014, 04:42:55 pm »

"Yes, of course," Yunikawa replies to Roka, " I will explain everything to you all, tomorrow morning."

Then to Udo, he answers - "It would be difficult to imagine what to change now, that could possibly have a very great impact seven hundred years from now. Most likely, whatever future Kioko is from, was created due to an infinite number of important choices."

"Of course, if something did happen to change Kioko's personal future, it really wouldn't matter. Kioko, after all, is just another incarnation of the same spirit that Sakura was. If not Kioko or Sakura, then she would simply be someone else - for that is the nature of Creation."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: April 06, 2014, 04:48:39 pm »

Kirito just listens carefully. "Thank you." He said

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 06, 2014, 06:43:34 pm »

Back in the rooms meanwhile, Kioko looked up from her drawing and smiled, then announced to everyone – "it’s finished!"

Proudly holding up her picture, Yuki and Roka's Students saw that Kioko had drawn a scene in Sendai, outside of Yuki's Mother's house. All the Samurai were in the picture, as well as Yuki's Mom.

Kioko had drawn herself into the picture as well, standing next to Roka and Yuki, with the little spirit familiar and two fire spirits hovering nearby.

Curiously, the drawing also showed a strange collection of tiny little creatures with radishes for heads and spiraling sprout-like limbs, gathered at the feet of everyone in the picture ...

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 06, 2014, 07:00:21 pm »

Curious, Yuki points to the little creatures in the picture.

"What are those, Kioko?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 06, 2014, 07:26:58 pm »

"Oh, they live in Mama Shirahata's garden," Kioko said mater-of-factly – "They are funny too!"

"Mama Shirahata says they keep bad bugs out of the garden."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 06, 2014, 07:49:39 pm »

"I see, they're cute!"

Yuki replies, while wondering why she never noticed them before.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 07, 2014, 04:48:42 pm »

"Yes, of course," Yunikawa replies to Roka, " I will explain everything to you all, tomorrow morning."

Then to Udo, he answers - "It would be difficult to imagine what to change now, that could possibly have a very great impact seven hundred years from now. Most likely, whatever future Kioko is from, was created due to an infinite number of important choices."

"Of course, if something did happen to change Kioko's personal future, it really wouldn't matter. Kioko, after all, is just another incarnation of the same spirit that Sakura was. If not Kioko or Sakura, then she would simply be someone else - for that is the nature of Creation."
Still confused Udo just slowly nods, "Well, uh, okay then... So, uh, what happens in the Spirit World?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 07, 2014, 04:50:46 pm »

"As I said," Yunikawa answers Udo, "I shall tell you all about it in the morning."

cool74

• Cowboy
  • Sometimes good people do bad things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 07, 2014, 06:21:31 pm »

Rai bows and says, "Thank you, Uncle. I will now take my leave." Rai goes to travel back to his room.
Ideals are peaceful; history is violent.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 07, 2014, 07:48:37 pm »

Udo frowns, as he is really eager to find the answers to the multitudes of questions that have come up in the recent months. "Alright, Uncle. Seeya uh, tomorrow morning then" he gets up to bow, and continues to a room.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 07, 2014, 11:37:44 pm »

Kirito on the other hand, is eager to discuss the Oni. "How come.. you've surrounded yourself with evil demons and Oni?" He asked cautiously.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 08, 2014, 12:02:49 am »

Uncle Yunikawa gives Kirito a look that seems to convey a patronizing quality, as if he somehow pities the Priest's blind ignorance.

"Keep your friends close; Keep your enemies closer," Yunikawa laughs.

"I have been bestowed, by the Ancestors, the ability to bind these dangerous demons and Oni - to harness their power for the benefit of Mankind. As a Priest with this selfsame gift, you understand that Demons and Oni are immortal. If they are not bound then what else are they?"

Then after a pause for dramatic effect, Yunikawa answers his own question - "they are free."

"Would you, that I release these terrible demons? Let them work their evil upon the world according to their own agency? No, of course not!"

"Learn from this 'good' Priest and no longer fear to use the tools at your own disposal."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 08, 2014, 03:17:55 pm »

"But all of us dont have mean to hold the creatures in full control for long. But i am not just a priest, i've learned secret magic." He smiled back.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 08, 2014, 03:38:50 pm »

"Oh really," Yunikawa says with a raised eyebrow.

Then he adds, "I can teach you how to harness that magical energy more effectively if you wish..."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 08, 2014, 04:01:54 pm »

"Oh." Kirito looks surprised. He then smiled and said "Do you want me to call you Uncle or Sensei?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 08, 2014, 05:51:44 pm »

"'Uncle' will suffice," Yunikawa answers with a smile.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: April 08, 2014, 07:21:30 pm »

"Now i just need to learn the method to control them perfect like you uncle" He smiled at him.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 09:03:53 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 08, 2014, 09:16:19 pm »

"Well, I must retire for the evening," Yunikawa said to Kirito and Roka, "We shall talk again in the morning."

With that, the old Wu-Jen and his four lovely Samurai-ko withdrew from the hall and though the library arch that everyone had been forbidden to pass - disappearing into other passageways beyond ...

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
  • Miya Sugai (Mythic Nippon)
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 08, 2014, 10:03:31 pm »

"Well, I must retire for the evening," Yunikawa said to Kirito and Roka, "We shall talk again in the morning."

With that, the old Wu-Jen and his four lovely Samurai-ko withdrew from the hall and though the library arch that everyone had been forbidden to pass - disappearing into other passageways beyond ...

"Hmm... He is an interesting person. I will have to make sure to talk to him tomorrow." Miya thinks to herself out loud.
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years." -Unknown
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 09, 2014, 01:53:44 pm »

18th Day of Mid Summer, 1297
Secrets Reveled

The night seemed to pass without incident in the Samurai’s three interconnected rooms (although once during her sleep, Kioko started to whimper and fidget restlessly, but that soon passed).

One had to wonder though, if it was something Uncle Yunikawa was doing, or simply a nightmare caused by what she had seen the previous day – it was quite understandable that the sight of three major Oni might have had that effect on a young child.

Early the next morning, two minor fire spirits walked into the rooms and flared brightly, before making a loud noise like the crackling of new logs on a fire. Their snapping and popping awoke anyone who had not risen earlier, and in a shrill voice – like steam venting from the lid of a boiling pot – one spoke – ‘Breakfast is served. Please join the Master in the Tower of the Morning Sun.

The Samurai quickly gathered their things and made sure Kioko was fully awake, before taking her and following the two motes of fire down a hall and up a spiraling stone staircase.

At the top, the stairway opened into a round open tower on the top of Uncle Yunikawa’s mountain citadel. The amazing chamber was lit with a dazzling array of vibrant colors, as the morning sun shone through the floor-to-ceiling vertical rows of crystals set in the walls surrounding the room. A faint tinkling sound could be heard in the air, apparently emanating from the crystals themselves, though it was not unpleasant to hear and gave the room a feeling of tranquility.

The furnishings within were of the cleanest white, opulent, and rich and included a large low table set with the morning meal – sweet rice cakes, bean and egg salad, tea and various fruits.

Uncle Yunikawa sat at the table and welcomed the Samurai in; his four Samurai-ko sitting quietly behind him beautiful, and emotionless as ever.

When the Samurai and Kioko had sat down at the table (and the two fire spiritd had moved into a fireplace on one side of the room), Uncle Yunikawa bid them to eat, as he told them of what he had learned of Kioko’s memories and why he had called them to his mountain home –

“Good Morning my honored quests, I trust you slept well.”

“And Kioko,” he smiled – “I will help your friends here to take you home, but first they must do something for me, that will allow them to better help you later. You must be brave and patient until it is done, as is to be expected of a ‘granddaughter’ of the Emperor.”

“Now to the business at hand – First, about Kioko’s ‘home’. Suffice it to say that there was little I could glean from such an innocent young mind, but that the affairs of her people have vastly changed from what they are now, and that unknown foreigners (who were certainly not Chinese) had a small influence in the governance of her homeland.”

“Our way of life seemed similar to theirs, yet the titles of rulership had changed and the Samurai were no more – only the Emperor remained. And the children of all the land, called him ‘Grandfather’ out of respect and love. Though the rest of the governing body seemed corrupt and reviled by the people – basically nothing more than a military dictatorship, it would seem.”

Pausing to see if any of the Samurai had questions before continuing, Uncle Yunikawa took a long sip of hot tea…

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 09, 2014, 02:10:07 pm »

Yuki nods and takes a sip of her own tea.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 09, 2014, 02:11:11 pm »

OOC: Honored quests?

Roka bows deeply towards the Wujen, and then speaks.

"Uncle, the food has been fantastic, as always." Roka says, beginning his question with a compliment. "So, that is the fate of Nippon? A military dictatorship, influenced by other foreigners?"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 09, 2014, 02:14:55 pm »

"But that makes me wonder.. Is the future set in stone?  Is there anything that can be done?" Kirito asks gently, before taking a sip of his tea.

"I arrived here hoping to get answers and end up with more questions." He let out a small sigh.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 09, 2014, 04:58:04 pm »

Rai nods his head and says, "Thank you for the food Uncle. As to the issue of the future, it doesn't seem much different than it is now. Let us all look at now objectively almost all the warriors come from our class which is higher then peasants and they have to listen to us. No samurai is disturbing but maybe what samurai are change. Besides this little girl comes from far in the future. I doubt what we do now will change much." Rai takes another sip of tea

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 09, 2014, 05:07:03 pm »

"Yes," Yunikawa replies to the three speaking Samurai - "Seven hundred years of history will not be changed with the finite amount of knowledge that we have before us now (in this lovely little girl)."

Then Yunikawa gave a thoughtful (almost knowing look) - but said nothing more...

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 09, 2014, 05:14:43 pm »

Udo nods, making odd sounds while slurping his tea, "Although we can't change the future, can we at least influence it, just leave a bigger mark? Or is there nothing we can do, and just leave things to fate?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 09, 2014, 05:25:18 pm »

"Yes," Yunikawa replies to the three speaking Samurai - "Seven hundred years of history will not be changed with the finite amount of knowledge that we have before us now (in this lovely little girl)."

Then Yunikawa gave a thoughtful (almost knowing look) - but said nothing more...

Roka nods, slowly.

"It's unfortunate. Hopefully we will be able to change the future a little bit for the better."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 09, 2014, 06:48:14 pm »

"The best one can do, is 'live for the moment' and focus on making a difference in the 'here and now'," Yunikawa says.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 09, 2014, 06:51:54 pm »

Suddenly, Yuki looks like she forgot to ask something.

"By the way, Uncle Yunikawa, is there any chance you can create a legacy item for me?"

She asks, thinking about enchanting her new bow.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 09, 2014, 08:37:59 pm »

Somewhat surprised by the change of conversation, Yunikawa thinks a moment and then agrees - "Sure, why not - it may help you in the mission I have called you here for."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 09, 2014, 08:50:01 pm »

“And speaking of that,” Yunikawa goes on before Yuki can say anything, “As to why I have called you here…”

“There is a legendary ‘Book of Secrets’, hidden in a remote mountain shrine sixty miles further up this range to the north.”

“I want you to go and recover the book for me and bring it back here.”

“The quickest way to do this would be to return first to Sendai, then travel sixty miles up the Emperor’s road, before cutting west back into the mountains. Yuki, you will have no problem finding the shrine – simple follow your eyes.”

“The journey will not be without peril, for the shrine is said to be guarded by the gods themselves, who would not let the book fall into the hands of those not strong enough to prove themselves worthy of taking it.”

“For this reason, I offer to imbue you with a portion of my life energy and the sorcerous powers that I possess.”

“In essence, I can grant each of you the power to cast one of my Spells, as if you had studied the ways of the Wu-Jen.”

“Here is a list of these spells, look them over and choose wisely, for I can imbue each of you with only one.”

Uncle Yunokawa produced a small scroll with a list of spells from the cuff of his robes, handing it to Kirito.

“Bring the Book of Secrets back to me and I shall reward you handsomely; with bars of jade and moonsilver.”

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: April 09, 2014, 08:58:37 pm »

"Ooh"
Udo murmurs, curiously looking at the list of spells. Still having not made up his mind, he asks, "Why do you want the, uh, Book of Secrets. What's in it?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 09, 2014, 09:11:17 pm »

"For one, it contains the true history of Creation," Yunikawa answers Udo; then with a wry smile he adds, "and then there's the whole 'Secrets' part, haha! Who can resist that? Certainly not I!"
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 09:13:56 pm by BerkaZerka »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 09, 2014, 09:20:44 pm »

Yuki thanks Yunikawa for agreeing to enhance her bow, then she asks him a question.

"Why now?"

She asks plainly.

"Why ask for us personally to do this for you?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 09, 2014, 09:32:16 pm »

Answering Yuki, Yunikawa says with a nod, "It is my pleasure."

"As for the Mission, well... I have spent the better half of my life researching and seeking after arcane knowledge. And at last I have uncovered the location of the hidden shrine of the gods - but as you can see, I am no longer young like yourselves."

"That is why I asked for you personally, I have been watching you since you were called as Chief Magistrate Saito's Yoriki; and find your exploits remarkable - especially how you handled the rebellion of Magistrate Ho Kasamatsu."

"I need strong young Samurai to recover this Book of Secrets for me and you young Samurai are it."

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 09, 2014, 09:35:21 pm »

Rai looks up and says, "Last night you told me you would explain what happened to our comrades, Uncle. Could you finish that explanation?

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 09, 2014, 09:56:28 pm »

The Outdoorsman looks up quizzically, "Wait, what are you expecting us to encounter?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 09, 2014, 10:04:01 pm »

“Ah yes,” Yunikawa replies to Rai – “Sakura and Kaitaro were linked to something great, through a mark of divinity that only the gods and a select few mortals can actually see.”

Here Yunikawa paused to give Yuki a knowing glance.

“I don’t fully understand these spiritual links yet,” he then went on, “or what the end purpose of them are, but I am confident that the Book of Secrets holds the answer.”

Then turning to Udo, Yunikawa said simply - "I expect the gods to test your ability to get their book."
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 10:05:33 pm by BerkaZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 09, 2014, 10:30:59 pm »

Roka smiles, and bows to the wujen again.

"Thank you, uncle. Do you have any ideas what kind of tests the gods would test us with?"

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 09, 2014, 10:32:43 pm »

Nodding at Roka, Udo asks (as he is having a bit of a tough time deciding), "In relation to Roka's question, which of these would you recommend for this?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 09, 2014, 10:36:41 pm »

"If I know the gods (though I am hardly a priest) haha" Yunikawa chuckles, "they will basically try to kill you with their minions and magic and probably deviously creative traps of some kind (it's all so exciting isn't it!) haha!"

"If you live, then you pass the test."

"Completely up to you, as to what you think will help you," He then says to Udo - "You all know yourselves better that I."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 09, 2014, 10:49:29 pm »

"That sounds lovely." Roka says with a laugh, though internally groaning.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 09, 2014, 10:50:37 pm »

"If I know the gods (though I am hardly a priest) haha" Yunikawa chuckles, "they will basically try to kill you with their minions and magic and probably deviously creative traps of some kind (it's all so exciting isn't it!) haha!"

"If you live, then you pass the test."

"Completely up to you, as to what you think will help you," He then says to Udo - "You all know yourselves better that I."
"... Well, okay. Thanks Uncle!" Udo smiles, deciding to get a familiar. He's always fantasized of having a large, yellow squirrel...
"So, uh, will you be teleporting us there or will we be traveling?"
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 10:57:21 pm by Tanstaafl »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 09, 2014, 11:17:11 pm »

"I can't teleport you unfortunately, as I have never been there," Yunikawa says, "But I can get you back to Sendai, if you would like to experience 'instant travel'."

"As for your journey, it will be in rugged mountain terrain - so prepare accordingly."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 09, 2014, 11:17:55 pm »

"Ooh, that would be cool." Roka says.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 09, 2014, 11:18:48 pm »

"Ooh, that would be cool." Roka says.
"What is?" Udo asks, "But I do like the sound of going to the mountains, the air is nice there..."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 16   Go Up