Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Mythic Nippon Adventure III  (Read 265273 times)

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
  • Keitaro Hokusai, the Drunken Ox of Sendai.
    • View Profile
Re: Mythic Nippon Adventure III
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2014, 09:13:04 pm »

Keitaro sees that the attendants take great care of Rai at the Hokusai homestead. He wonders if when he recovers this maybe a chance to get to know his mysterious companion

OOC: Rai you awake yet? lol
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

cool74

• Cowboy
  • Sometimes good people do bad things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2014, 09:27:52 pm »

OOC: No He is effectively knocked out until the memories are back.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 07:27:37 pm by BerkaZerka »
Ideals are peaceful; history is violent.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2014, 09:40:50 pm »

"I see."

Yuki replies to the four women, impressed at the wu-jen's power. She then turns to Roka and nods.

"He should be able to help us understand what happened to Sakura..."

She begins.

"And we seem to have some other connection with him as well. Though I don't know if it's related to Sakura or not...."

Yuki finishes, trailing off towards the end.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2014, 10:11:44 pm »

"Screw you, I wanted a bow too." Miya pouts. <--Berka do not use that against me.  :D

"Hmm... What happened to Rai? Did he eat anything unhealthy?" Miya asks.
"He collapsed in pain, and Keitaro took him outside to see a doctor, even though the team-doctor, well, sorta-doctor, is right here" Udo sighs in contempt.
He shrugs, "So, uh, yep." He says, looking at Roka and Yuki leave to talk to the Samurai-kos. Just him and Miya now, so he averts his gaze to her, before looking at the ground.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 10:27:12 pm by Tanstaafl »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2014, 10:46:36 pm »

"So, Kuwabara. How did it feel to bash the fat ones head in?" Jie Hu asks Udo (who appearently forgot he was even there...)

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2014, 10:52:59 pm »

Udo shakes his head, as he indeed forgot that the Chink was still with them, "Huh? Yeah, it was..." Awesome, "Uh, part of the tournament, which was fun."
Udo answers carefully, seeing how the highly judgemental Miya is there, "How was uh, your fight... Chinese guy?"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2014, 11:01:34 pm »

Udo shakes his head, as he indeed forgot that the Chink was still with them, "Huh? Yeah, it was..." Awesome, "Uh, part of the tournament, which was fun."
Udo answers carefully, seeing how the highly judgemental Miya is there, "How was uh, your fight... Chinese guy?"
"Ha! i guess i'm not the only one then." He replied back to Udo with a smile. "The name is Okamura, Jie Hu Okamura." he added with an annoyed look, but then he proceeded to tell him about his fight. "I learned on a previous occassion the fat one's love for multi strikes, so i took that lesson to heart and beat him." Then after thinking for a few seconds he added "Though i am not surprised i didnt win the last fight.. The generals skill is superb, i would have been dead if he didnt hold his last attack in."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2014, 11:04:47 pm »

"Ha! i guess i'm not the only one then." He replied back to Udo with a smile. "The name is Okamura, Jie Hu Okamura." he added with an annoyed look, but then he proceeded to tell him about his fight. "I learned on a previous occassion the fat one's love for multi strikes, so i took that lesson to heart and beat him." Then after thinking for a few seconds he added "Though i am not surprised i didnt win the last fight.. The generals skill is superb, i would have been dead if he didnt hold his last attack in."
He stares at the man strangely before replying, "He is the General of Sendai's army, you'd expect him to be that skilful. But how do you know Keitaro?"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2014, 11:17:11 pm »

He stares at the man strangely before replying, "He is the General of Sendai's army, you'd expect him to be that skilful. But how do you know Keitaro?"
"Some time ago, i was in the middle of nowhere, and i how i got there is another interesting story but alas not one i will tell today" Jh started with "And out of nowhere this giant of a man comes and start insulting me, calling me mudblood and all other sorts of things. At first i didnt mind the man because i was wounded an in no condition to fight him. But then he started shouting nonses, so i agreed to fight him." He shakes his head at that part. "That was a misstake, in my wounded condition i couldent defend myself properly so i only managed to almost cut his off before succumbing to his blows. Ironicly enough as soon as i went down, so did he." He brightens up at part.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2014, 11:48:13 pm »

"Some time ago, i was in the middle of nowhere, and i how i got there is another interesting story but alas not one i will tell today" Jh started with "And out of nowhere this giant of a man comes and start insulting me, calling me mudblood and all other sorts of things. At first i didnt mind the man because i was wounded an in no condition to fight him. But then he started shouting nonses, so i agreed to fight him." He shakes his head at that part. "That was a misstake, in my wounded condition i couldent defend myself properly so i only managed to almost cut his off before succumbing to his blows. Ironicly enough as soon as i went down, so did he." He brightens up at part.
"...Yeah, Keitaro is one to do that." Udo nods, remembering some 'adventures'. This man dislikes Keitaro, which is a plus, hopefully he also has some sense, unlike his apparent rival. He continues,
"So you're of mixed parentage? Sorry to hear about that..." He trails off, wiping his nose with his sleeve, "Wait, your the guy whose been challenging schools, right?"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2014, 12:11:53 am »

"...Yeah, Keitaro is one to do that." Udo nods, remembering some 'adventures'. This man dislikes Keitaro, which is a plus, hopefully he also has some sense, unlike his apparent rival. He continues,
"So you're of mixed parentage? Sorry to hear about that..." He trails off, wiping his nose with his sleeve, "Wait, your the guy whose been challenging schools, right?"
"I'm not. The only people who really bother to make a fuss about it are either short-sighted fools or, like Keitaro, all muscle but no brain." He Shrugged.
Jie hu jumped up at the mentionion of the dojos. "Yes..." He replied slowly.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2014, 12:19:26 am »

"I'm not. The only people who really bother to make a fuss about it are either short-sighted fools or, like Keitaro, all muscle but no brain." He Shrugged.
Jie hu jumped up at the mentionion of the dojos. "Yes..." He replied slowly.
Udo raises an eyebrow, but then perks up, "Ah, so what do you know of other than fighting?" Hoping the man is educated in something, "But yeah, I dunno why you decided to challenge that school, but I think that's why Keitaro was sent to find you, maybe?"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2014, 12:38:32 am »

Udo raises an eyebrow, but then perks up, "Ah, so what do you know of other than fighting?" Hoping the man is educated in something, "But yeah, I dunno why you decided to challenge that school, but I think that's why Keitaro was sent to find you, maybe?"
"I like painting. My father always said, 'if you cant handle something delicate as a 'pencil?' how are you going to be able to handle a sword.'" He smiled at those words.

"i did it for several reasons. But the largest being i wanted to test my skill, to get my armor scratched so to speak. But.. at that last school i went a little overboard. I became to full of myself." Jie Hu's face darkened visibly and his tone changed to somewhat sadder one. "This dojos master, was exeptionally skilled. When we were both wounded, he offered a tie." Jie Hu closed his eyes momentarily. "And i, too eager to prove myself declined, and the master.. Well... well he died..."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2014, 12:46:10 am »

"I like painting. My father always said, 'if you cant handle something delicate as a 'pencil?' how are you going to be able to handle a sword.'" He smiled at those words.

"i did it for several reasons. But the largest being i wanted to test my skill, to get my armor scratched so to speak. But.. at that last school i went a little overboard. I became to full of myself." Jie Hu's face darkened visibly and his tone changed to somewhat sadder one. "This dojos master, was exeptionally skilled. When we were both wounded, he offered a tie." Jie Hu closed his eyes momentarily. "And i, too eager to prove myself declined, and the master.. Well... well he died..."
Udo withholds laughing, "Well, it's something. You have anything to show?" He studies JH, but doesn't respond to the last comment.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2014, 12:51:00 am »

"Some ordinary paintings of fruit bowls and other stuff." He replied smiling, thankfull of the change of topic.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2014, 06:20:59 am »

Keitaro goes to the cellar and pulls out a bottle of his family's vintage Rice Wine and takes it back to the sitting room. He pours the whole thing into a decanter and pulls a fresh glass from the shelf. After pouring himself a generous portion he sits himself down into a plush, high back chair. "Ahh" he says after taking a sip, then a gulp, of the deep reddish brown liquid.

Didn't realize how tired I was from fighting today. Its nice to kick back and relax. Though I need to figure out a way to beat that Chinese half wits defenses. He is a rather skilled combatant. Maybe he would make a strong future ally, but at least for now, especially with this whole Miko thing, he remains my enemy. Ugh, I've made some mistakes before with my friends. I fear they may never get set right, hopefully I can get this mess sorted out. I wish dad were here. He would know exactly what to do. He always did.

Keitaro spends some time in the chair thinking and contemplating, and of course drinking his fill of his Wine. He will stay here until either Rai wakes up, or it is time to go to the magistrates hall for dinner.
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2014, 01:12:12 pm »

Rai Tsukahara’s memories tumbled through his fever dream in a torrent – some suddenly changing from dream to reality and some, which he had believed to be his own all his life, faded into the ether…

Tsukahara wasn’t even his real family name. He was Rai Go-Uda – son of his father, Emperor Tenno Go-Uda, who had been killed by the Chinese during the invasion.

He was the rightful Heir of Nippon and was the Great Hope of his Nation – that he would one day rise above the Chinese Oppressors to drive them from Nippon and take his rightful place on the Jade Throne.

The Ninja of the Setting Sun Clan, led by Ninja Master Kai Shugyo, had been the ones to spirit him out of the Imperial Palace when he was only four years old. The Ninja have always been the secret protectors of Nippon – the Shadow Servants of the True Emperor – the enemies of the Yakuza, who seek only for their own power!

Taken as a child and hidden away, Rai was given false memories. Everything Rai thought was his background was a fabrication, magically created to protect his secret from those who would try to destroy him. The memories of his father being killed and his hatred of the Chinese were true – only the details were altered in his mind as part of the great ruse.

Now that Rai was twenty years old, the veil over his mind has been lifted and the fate of himself and his homeland lay squarely in his own hands.

As he reeled from the startling revelation, the words of Ninja Master Kai Shugyo echoed in his head. It was his instructions for Rai, upon regaining this great knowledge –

Rai. You are now a man of skill and placed at the doorway of influence and power. It is rightfully yours to take, but first you must gather allies to the cause. You must find those of power that you can trust and secretly prepare them for the day they will rise up as one united blade, against the Chines Invaders who have taken your Birthright!

Be slow and cunning in your efforts. Do not tip your hand too soon, lest you fall into the enemies’ hands!

We of the Setting Sun Ninja Clan have, over the years, been slowly forging ties with all of the Ninja Masters of Nippon and will back you when the day is right. First however, you must attain a position of power yourself – such as Daimyo – becoming it yourself, or if that is not possible, allying a just and powerful one to act as your voice in recruiting other supporters.

To this end, beware the Daimyo Shinsen Hasekura! He is an ally of the Chinese – a tool of the False Emperor – and part of a secret network of evil spirits known as the Rokurokubi (Pennaggolans) that infest the Ruling Class of our once Great Nation! Recognize them by the inability of the Feng-Shui Masters to detect their auras and tread carefully! United, they can crush you in an instant!

Before you can ascend to the Jade Throne, this cancer must be removed from Nippon’s veins. The Ninja Masters of Nippon even now position themselves in proximity to these ravening wolves in sheep’s clothing – ready, once you have gathered your allies, to strike!

Until then, do not try to contact myself or any Ninja Clan directly. As things begin to be put into motion, you must drop the garb of shadows and put on the robes of nobility and rulership. Should you ever need to get word to me however, use intermediaries, that cannot be traced back to you.

Rai, this is your destiny. May the Ancestors and Five Gods guide you in this quest.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 02:27:15 pm by BerkaZerka »

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2014, 05:02:54 pm »

Rai awakens slightly shell shocked at the return of his true life. He resolves to think through anyone he tells. As he gets up he does not recognize where he is and looks around for someone to tell him where he is.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2014, 05:06:18 pm »

Rai awakens slightly shell shocked at the return of his true life. He resolves to think through anyone he tells. As he gets up he does not recognize where he is and looks around for someone to tell him where he is.

A maid who has been attending the Yoriki steps in carrying a pile of linens and almost jumps into an oil lamp that is sitting in the room. "Excuse me, I didnt mean to disturb you. I see you're feeling slightly better?" She bows after finishing in respect to Rai's station.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2014, 05:09:11 pm »

Rai sees the bowing maid and asks, "Yes I am feeling much better. Can you tell me where I am?"

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2014, 05:12:49 pm »

Rai sees the bowing maid and asks, "Yes I am feeling much better. Can you tell me where I am?"

"This is the estate of Master Hokusai. He brought you here to see you were well looked after. You collapsed in the arena and he didnt know where else to bring you since the priests and healers were all occupied in the city what with the tournament and goings on. I believe he is having a drink in the sitting room downstairs and first room on the left." She sets the linens down and bows again before exiting the room.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2014, 06:29:53 pm »

Dinner With The Magistrate

Having only a few hours, before the dinner with the Chief Magistrate, to get cleaned up and bind any lingering wounds from the Tournament, the Samurai of Sendai left the Tournament Hall and the beautiful yet unusual Samurai-ko, to go tend to themselves. For Roka, it seemed like leaving unfinished business for some reason, but the conversation with the Samurai-ko had winded down naturally with no further sexual overtones and he did have a little celebrating to do for the day’s Win after all.

Kioko hugged Yuki and then went home with Yuki’s Mother, while Yuki and Miya went to their homes to wash up and choose nice outfits for the dinner.

Keitaro had already left previous with Rai, while Roka (of course) was not afforded any real rest – his adoring fans demanding his attentions and bringing round-after-round of celebratory drinks for him in the very streets a full hour and a half before he could finally slip away.

Udo thought that taking a hike out in the woods might do him good – until he nearly fell over dead from his serious wounds that unfortunately, had not been attended to after his loss in his last competition – and realized that perhaps rest (and simply not moving) would be a better idea. It only hurt when he breathed, and blinked, and thought about eating for some reason… Hopefully, the Priests of Sendai could do something for him tomorrow, as trying to do Surgery on oneself was probably not going to be the most pleasant thing one could experience (but if it came to that)…

Jei Hu meanwhile, left thinking of how close he had come to winning first place. Hopefully by this time next year, his experience and skill will have improved enough to be a real threat for the General of Sendai.

As he was headed home, the thought that he should change the spelling of his name, by switching the ‘I’ and the ‘E’ in his first name popped inexplicably into his head, but he dismissed it as a silly impulse and went on his way.

---

Entering the Magistrate’s home later that evening, the Samurai were met as usual, by Juro Saito, the Chief Magistrate’s brother and Steward of Sendai.

Juro carefully took each of the Samurai’s long weapons as they entered and placed them in a special room near the front of the house – but left them with their waiksashi.

While it was customary to be allowed to retain one’s short sword when entering the home of an equal of less, being allowed to do so by a Superior as a great honor. The fact that the Chief Magistrate was now allowing them this privilege was a sign that the Samurai Yoriki of Sendai were beginning to earn his approval and trust.

The evening at the Chief Magistrate’s home then proceeded as it had always gone before; the requisite entertainment, food and music – not to mention the lovely young geisha running about – and all this time with no sign of the host. This was not terribly unusual for a busy Superior though, and it would be at the end of the evening when the Magistrate would make an appearance – then he would reveal the purpose of the meeting.

Sure enough, after things had begun to wind down, the Samurai found themselves alone with Juro in one of the great rooms after all the geisha had suddenly stood and hurried away. Moments later, the white rice-paper door at the far end of the room slid open and the Chief Magistrate Noburu Saito entered.

Everyone bowed their heads, waiting for the Chief Magistrate to speak, which he did after glancing them over and biding them to rise – “Welcome my Yoriki! I trust your dinner was enjoyable?”

“As I mentioned before, I am very proud of not only your performances in the competitions today, but of the outstanding manner in which you and your Doshin carried out the security details to ensured a safe and smooth-running venue for our Great Daimyo. You have all brought great honor to yourselves and your families.”

As he spoke, the Magistrate moved to a dark lacquer box in the corner and pulled six small scrolls out from it.

“Kenjiro Yunikawa, a retired Wu-Jen of Sendai, Grand Premier Emeritus of the Sendai Order of Arcanum, and personal mentor of the Daimyo, has requested your services in a private matter – of which I am not privy to.”

“The Daimyo has therefore authorized you all a Leave of Absence, so that you may go and attend to Master Yunikawa’s request. He will expect your arrival at his mountain home, sixteen miles west of Sendai in three days.”

Handing the papers to Juro, the Chief Magistrate continued – “Your Doshin can handle things while you are away; please do not take any with you in this particular case, as this is not official business of Sendai, but more of a personal favor of the Daimyo and myself.”

“You may take as long as you need to see to Master Yunikawa’s needs.”

“I am sure that Juro can handle any of your questions.”

With that, the Magistrate moved to leave the room. While he didn’t seem upset or anything by the sudden outsourcing of his Yoriki, one got the feeling that this sort of thing was not exactly the status quo.

It was at this point that anyone wanting to speak with him personally would have to quickly (but carefully) get his attention…

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2014, 06:44:24 pm »

It was at this point that anyone wanting to speak with him personally would have to quickly (but carefully) get his attention…

"Magistrate a word about my Doshin please. I do not believe she is guilty and I ask that my judgement be trusted on the matter as I secure proof. In my absence of the city may I request that she be placed under guard in her own home and not in prison. And that any judgement or sentencing be staved until my return? I understand this is entirely informal and not at all polite, but given the news of our departure coinciding with her trial period, and that she serves under me and my watch. I feel this the only means of action at the present." He then bowed and awaited response to his abrupt questioning...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 06:47:33 pm by Aeon_spiral »

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2014, 06:50:46 pm »

Wujen... Just like Sakura. This is a good opportunity to find out whatever happened...
Udo nods, he grunts in pain, still hurt, but is glad that he will get an opportunity to see a wujen. Content, he hasn't any questions for the moment.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2014, 06:54:59 pm »

The Chief Magistrate paused a moment and then nodded, motioning at his brother Juro to make it so.

"Do not fear for the Doshin," the Chief Magistrate Saito then replies to Keitaro directly, "I don't believe her capable of hiding the truth from me. So, if she is not guilty of the charges, she will be released back into duty and the source of this 'misunderstanding' will eventually be traced to the source."

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2014, 07:10:11 pm »

The Chief Magistrate paused a moment and then nodded, motioning at his brother Juro to make it so.

"Do not fear for the Doshin," the Chief Magistrate Saito then replies to Keitaro directly, "I don't believe her capable of hiding the truth from me. So, if she is not guilty of the charges, she will be released back into duty and the source of this 'misunderstanding' will eventually be traced to the source."

"Thank you Magistrate, I will not forget this" Keitaro bowed and retired himself to the tabke to finish his sake.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2014, 07:30:22 pm »

"Uh, sorry to bother you, Chief Magistrate..." Udo says quickly before the Chief Magistrate heads out, "But, I was, uh, wondering whether the Wujen Yunikawa wanted us in specific to aid him, or if he just wanted general assistance by any samurai group"
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 07:31:44 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2014, 07:35:09 pm »

"Yes, I believe he did ask for you specifically," the Chief Magistrate says, "but as I have said I am not privy to why."

"Now, you will excuse me, I have other matters to attend to."

With that, the Chief Magistrate takes his leave and the Samurai are free to leave or stay as they please.

Juro Saito meanwhile, hands out everyone's new traveling papers.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2014, 07:40:48 pm »

JH, stands there silent and bows when the magistrate is done talking.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2014, 07:46:01 pm »

When the magistrate leaves Rai bows and proceeds to receive the necessary papers.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2014, 08:01:39 pm »

"Roka" Keitaro plainly says as he finishes he glass. "That  conversation. You got time?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2014, 08:22:33 pm »

"Roka" Keitaro plainly says as he finishes he glass. "That  conversation. You got time?"

"Maybe." Roka whispers to Keitaro, as he bows to Juro Saito.

"It is a grand honor to be summoned here, and trusted to carry our short swords. Thank you my lord." Roka says to Juro Saito. He would have said it to the magistrate but he was in a class he did not want to waste the magistrate's time.

"But I must go and prepare. Excuse me." Roka says, and then motions for Udo to follow.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 08:34:19 pm by Aman »

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2014, 08:38:57 pm »

The smelly samurai bows as the Magistrate leaves, and thanks Juro Saito for the honor of having the meal. About to start eating, he notices Roka motioning over. Not willing to let go of eating right now, he takes his bare hand and grabs a fistful of whatever he can find into his mouth.

"Fhanks! Ah, I ghotta 'oh" He mumbles with his mouth full, following Roka.

---

Continued in the Operation Make-Over Thread
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 03:00:44 pm by BerkaZerka »

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2014, 08:49:07 pm »

"Maybe." Roka whispers to Keitaro, as he bows to Juro Saito.

Keitaro just nods and loooks around the room.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2014, 08:35:41 am »

The smelly samurai bows as the Magistrate leaves, and thanks Juro Saito for the honor of having the meal. About to start eating, he notices Roka motioning over. Not willing to let go of eating right now, he takes his bare hand and grabs a fistful of whatever he can find into his mouth.

"Fhanks! Ah, I ghotta 'oh" He mumbles with his mouth full, following Roka.
i get thrown into jail for rolling my eyes, and he can do that?! Farking racists. JH thinks to himself, and almost rolls his eyes but he stops himself from doing so.

"Thank you for this evening, Saito. But alas, i have something i must do and i hope you have a nice evening." He bows to Juro Saito before making his leave to the market district. He intended to get a masterwork katana and. Also a few wooden swords.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2014, 09:16:05 am »

i get thrown into jail for rolling my eyes, and he can do that?! Farking racists. JH thinks to himself, and almost rolls his eyes but he stops himself from doing so.

"Thank you for this evening, Saito. But alas, i have something i must do and i hope you have a nice evening." He bows to Juro Saito before making his leave to the market district. He intended to get a masterwork katana and. Also a few wooden swords.

keitaro watches JH leave and decides to trail him. He grabs his Nagamaki as he leaves the building and quickly goes into sneak mode. He will use his skills in moving silently and disguise to remain unseen as he observes JH moving through the city

---

Continued in the Boiling Point! Thread
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 01:52:35 pm by BerkaZerka »

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2014, 12:39:42 pm »

Rai walks up to Miya and says, "If you don't mind I would like to talk to you in a more private setting."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2014, 03:22:07 pm »

Yuki quietly sits in the room, still pondering over how she was unable to read the Daiymo, and if that might be connected to the great Wu-Jen Kenjiro Yunikawa, and his request of their services. Regardless, as Roka said before, they need to speak with him anyway, so this will be a good opportunity to earn his favour so they can ask him questions.

"Juro, what do you know about Kenjiro Yunikawa?"

Yuki asks curious.

"He seems rather close to the Daiymo."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2014, 03:34:31 pm »

"Juro, what do you know about Kenjiro Yunikawa?"

Yuki asks curious.

"He seems rather close to the Daiymo."

"Ah," Juro replies, apparently brightening a bit to suddenly be included in the conversation - "Kenjiro Yunikawa was the Grand Premier of the Sendai Order of Arcanum before the War. It was in part, due to Master Yunikawa and his mastery of demons, that Sendai held so long against the Chinese before the Daimyo fell in battle."

"Anyway, Master Yunikawa was already pretty old (even at that point), having also been advisor to the previous Daimyo, Ken-Ichi Hasekura - Daimyo Shinsen Hasekura's Uncle, and retired shortly after Daimyo Shinsen Hasekura was re-instated by the Chinese."

"He is pretty reclusive now; and I'm actually surprised that he suddenly showed up all of a sudden to request your services. I don't think he has been in Sendai for at least ten years before today."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2014, 03:45:50 pm »

"Ah," Juro replies, apparently brightening a bit to suddenly be included in the conversation - "Kenjiro Yunikawa was the Grand Premier of the Sendai Order of Arcanum before the War. It was in part, due to Master Yunikawa and his mastery of demons, that Sendai held so long against the Chinese before the Daimyo fell in battle."

"Anyway, Master Yunikawa was already pretty old (even at that point), having also been advisor to the previous Daimyo, Ken-Ichi Hasekura - Daimyo Shinsen Hasekura's Uncle, and retired shortly after Daimyo Shinsen Hasekura was re-instated by the Chinese."

"He is pretty reclusive now; and I'm actually surprised that he suddenly showed up all of a sudden to request your services. I don't think he has been in Sendai for at least ten years before today."

"It will be a great honour to assist him then."

Yuki replies with a nod.

"So, did he retire because he was....well....old, or were there other reasons?"

She asks with a slight tilt of the head.

"It seems odd for such a man to suddenly become reclusive after advising the previous daiymo."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2014, 03:47:05 pm »

"I presume it was just the appropriate time," Juro replies.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
  • Miya Sugai (Mythic Nippon)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2014, 05:52:07 pm »

Rai walks up to Miya and says, "If you don't mind I would like to talk to you in a more private setting."

Miya gives a curious look. "What about? If it's about that then my answer is no."
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years." -Unknown
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2014, 05:57:27 pm »

Miya gives a curious look. "What about? If it's about that then my answer is no."

Rai looks surprised and says, "What do you mean by that? I just wanted to have a conversation."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2014, 09:59:20 pm »

"I presume it was just the appropriate time," Juro replies.

"I see."

Yuki replies.

"Juro, can I request a meeting with the Chief Magistrate? I wish to discuss something with him in private, preferably before we leave to see Kenjiro Yunikawa."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2014, 10:01:17 pm »

"Yes," Juro replies, "I'll see if I can set something up for you tomorrow afternoon then and let you know."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2014, 10:05:00 pm »

"Yes," Juro replies, "I'll see if I can set something up for you tomorrow afternoon then and let you know."

"Thank you."

Yuki replies, standing up. She then decides to go home, being done here for the night. Though once at home she decides to see if she can find her mother to ask her a question.

OOC - I have no idea why I didn't think of her mother to begin with haha.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 11:07:41 pm by killa_robot »

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
  • Miya Sugai (Mythic Nippon)
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2014, 11:03:54 pm »

Rai looks surprised and says, "What do you mean by that? I just wanted to have a conversation."

She smiles at him. "Oh, nothing. Where would you like to talk then?"
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years." -Unknown
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2014, 11:04:51 pm »

She smiles at him. "Oh, nothing. Where would you like to talk then?"

"How about I escort you home and we talk on the way?"

---

Continued in the Walk and Talk Thread
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 03:08:16 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2014, 11:14:02 pm »

Yuki replies, standing up. She then decides to go home, being done here for the night. Though once at home she decides to see if she can find her mother to ask her a question.

Yuki's Mother lets Yuki in.

"Shh... I just got little Kioko to sleep," she whispers, motioning toward the little fox-girl, asleep under a bundle of blankets on a nearby futon. Yuki sees that luminous little cloud spirit thing curled up under the girl's chin - purring like a kitten...

"She was really wound-up after all of the excitement with the tournament," Yuki's Mom smiles, "What can I help you with dear?"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2014, 11:16:28 pm »

Yuki's Mother lets Yuki in.

"Shh... I just got little Kioko to sleep," she whispers, motioning toward the little fox-girl, asleep under a bundle of blankets on a nearby futon. Yuki sees that luminous little cloud spirit thing curled up under the girl's chin - purring like a kitten...

"She was really wound-up after all of the excitement with the tournament," Yuki's Mom smiles, "What can I help you with dear?"

"D'awww"

Yuki gushes, looking at Kioko.

"I just had some...concerns about the tournament today."

Yuki begins.

"When you were reading the auras of everyone at the event, did you notice anything....odd?"

She asks hesitantly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 16   Go Up