Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Mythic Nippon Adventure III  (Read 265187 times)

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
Re: Mythic Nippon Adventure III
« Reply #300 on: April 10, 2014, 06:13:25 am »

"Instant travel? Oh i need to learn that spell sometime.. But that will hafto wait, im eager to take a test or untill i get more XP" Kirito replied smiling.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 10, 2014, 07:37:08 am »

"Yes, I'll have to show you that when you return," Yunikawa says to Kirito.

Then to the rest - "Any last questions about your mission?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 10, 2014, 09:00:48 am »

"Yes, I'll have to show you that when you return," Yunikawa says to Kirito.

Then to the rest - "Any last questions about your mission?"

"Oh yeah. This request may seem odd, but... Generally when we go on a mission, we being a lovely maiden who can cook. And, well, your samurai-Ko are fantastic. Is there any chance one could come along with us?"

cool74

• Cowboy
  • Sometimes good people do bad things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 10, 2014, 09:19:49 am »

Rai says, "Don't listen to him Uncle. He just wants to take one of them to bed. Do you need to take every demon we meat to bed?" looks at Roka and shakes his head.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 02:59:04 pm by cool74 »
Ideals are peaceful; history is violent.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 10, 2014, 09:21:10 am »

Uncle Yunikawa seems genuinely taken aback by Roka's bold request for a moment - and Rai's accusation - but then laughs it all off.

"Of course, take 'Jenna'" he says, motioning to one of the four Samurai-ko.

Jenna meanwhile, bows slightly, but otherwise shows no emotion about the sudden assignment.

"Oh, are you going with us?" Kioko asks.

"For a while, yes," Jenna answers simply, but giving the little fox girl a smile.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 10, 2014, 09:21:41 am »

"Ha ha, thank you very much, uncle."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 10, 2014, 02:07:41 pm »

"So, shall we get started on your assignement then?" Kirito asks.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 06:58:50 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 11, 2014, 07:50:06 pm »

“Do I get a spell too?” Kioko asked innocently.

“Ha ha ha ha!” Uncle Yunokawa laughed warmly – “No Kioko, I am sorry, but you are too young yet – and besides, it involves needles… Lots of needles – and I am sure you would find the process most unpleasant.”

“Needles?!? Oh! I don’t want any spells then, thank you Uncle!”

Then Yunikawa had the Samurai-ko set up some mystical incense, as he directed the Samurai to sit together in a circle in the center of the Tower of the Morning Sun. The morning rays glittered in through the strange tinkling crystals in the walls and bathed the room in thousands of small rainbow motes.

Then asking Yuki for her bow, he took it from her and waved his hand over it slowly, before literally disappearing from before her eyes – only to reappear a moment later about two inches farther back with his hands extending the bow back to her.

“There you go;” he said to Yuki, “may this arcane bow give you the strength to bring many generations of honor to your family.”

As Yuki took the magical artifact, she sensed that it could grant a Physical Boost twice a day and also be used to summon an Elemental once a day as well.

Then turning to the others, Yunikawa directed everyone to bare their arms and sit in the meditative position.

As they did so, the old Wu-Jen removed his shirt and sat in the center of the Samurai, as one of the Samurai-Ko brought out a flat wooden box and set it before Yunikawa. When Yunikawa opened the box, it revealed a collection of hundreds of long thin acupuncture needles, each made from black tarnished silver.

Then, for the next hour, Yunikawa chanted a ritual of meditation, while the lead Samurai-Ko laboriously applied every single acupuncture needle from the box to the Wu-Jen’s chest, neck, and face.

A visible miasma of energy could be seen around Yunikawa and it appeared as if it was slowly being drawn into the needles, which started to shudder slightly with each thump of his heart – sending visible ripples through the air as if the air itself around him was the surface of some disturbed pond.

Only a few moments after the last needle had been placed, the Samurai-Ko then began to withdraw each needle one at a time – transferring them to one after the other to the seated Samurais’ bared arms.

The Samurai felt only the slightest jab with each one, then a strange numbness. For the next thirty minutes the process went on, until the numbness of one needle had built into a raging fiery burning by the time the final needle was placed and each Samurai had a pincushion of needles sprouting up and down each arm.

“It is done.” Uncle Yunikawa stated simply, as the last needle was placed.

At that, all four Samurai-Ko began helping to remove the needles and place them back into the flat wooden box.

“Ew, that was so gross!” Kioko commented – having patiently waited through the entire ordeal. She had a sour look of disgust on her face and was immensely glad no one had to stick her with a needle.

The Samurai meanwhile, thought that they felt no different for the moment, except for being completely drained of energy and somewhat bloodied.

Then a spark of knowledge suddenly lit within their minds – and just like that, they knew how to cast the Shared Spell. It was as though they had always known how to cast the spell – and in fact, not one of them could remember a time that they had not known it. The whole perception of the Samurai had changed, as if the spell had always been a part of them – though deep down, they were aware that this was not true.

“You will be fatigued by the ritual for a day or so,” Yunikawa said, as he put his shirt back on, then opened a Gate into the air. On one side of the Gate was the Tower of the Morning Sun in Yunikawa’s mountain citadel – on the other side, was a broad corridor located somewhere within the Sendai Order of Arcanum.

“I suggest you take the day to recover your strength; then leave on your mission tomorrow.”

“As you wish Master Yunikawa,” the beautiful Samurai-Ko Jenna said, ready to head through the Gate as soon as Roka was ready…

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 11, 2014, 08:28:09 pm »

Yuki bows deeply to Yunikawa.

"Thank you for the bow. We will make sure to retrieve the book of secrets."

She says. Yuki then turns to Kioko.

"Let's go back now, Kioko."

She says with a grin, leading her through the portal (assuming there is no other issue).

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 11, 2014, 08:37:31 pm »

Rai rubs his arm trying to get some feeling back in it. He stands and says to the others, "Well time to go." He moves to the gate.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
  • Miya Sugai (Mythic Nippon)
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 12, 2014, 09:49:54 am »

She slightly rubs her arms where the needles were.

"So I assume that we will be able to cast the spell just as if we were you instead?"

She awaits 'Uncles' response.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 12:04:10 pm by Fireplay »
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years." -Unknown
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 12, 2014, 10:53:41 am »

"Thank you Uncle." Kirito smiled though obviously quite fatigued. "We will soon meet again." He blurted out.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 12, 2014, 04:18:08 pm »

Yunikawa replies to Miya - "No, not like me - like you (with an average ability to do so)."

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 12, 2014, 04:27:50 pm »

"Hmm... Alright then. Thank you for your time 'Uncle'."
 Miya then stands, bows, and goes to look for Rai.
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 12, 2014, 08:35:01 pm »

"...Weird!" Udo exclaims as the process is finished. "Thanks a lot, Uncle," HAe continues, amazed at this newfound knowledge. "Can't wait to use this..."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: April 12, 2014, 08:40:47 pm »

"Thank you, uncle." Roka says, bowing, and then rubs his arm.

"Come on Jenna. And Rai to. I need to speak to you... Hmm... Never mind. I can say it once we all get back."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 13, 2014, 01:23:16 pm »

Walking through the Gate, the Samurai entered the large imposing building that was Sendai’s Order of Arcanum (where the Occult Community met to practice their trade).

Almost immediately, the group was met by a number of Novice Wu-Jen – very surprised to see them – who ushered everyone but Yuki out of the place as quickly as was politely possible.

Stepping outside in the noon sun, the Samurai saw their mounts waiting for them in the street with Roka’s Minions. Apparently Master Yunikawa had not forgot about getting them home, as some of the Samurai had.

Being back in Sendai, away from Yunikawa’s mountain, home felt good.

There was something unnerving about the dark and oppressive citadel, with its hidden monsters and eerie hallways – that may or may not have shifted from time to time of their own accord.

Now that they were away, the thought that they had willingly referred to Master Yunikawa as ‘Uncle’ seemed a little improper, given his station, though one could chalk it up to the eccentricities of old age.

“Hey,” Kioko called, sounding a little disappointed, “We are back in Sendai. I thought he was going to help me get back home!”

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 13, 2014, 01:26:38 pm »

"Soon, Kioko" Udo states, yawning, "First we have to find some book for the Wujen Kenjiro, and then, uh, he'll bring you home."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 13, 2014, 03:42:48 pm »

While she was not ushered out herself, Yuki followed the rest of the group outside regardless.

"Don't worry Kioko. We just have to help Uncle Yunikawa out first, then he'll help send you back."

Yuki replies reassuringly, being intentionally vague as to where 'back' is.

"Let's go back home for now, Kioko!"

Yuki says, leading her back to her house.

(Once she takes Kioko back, Yuki wants to return to the Occult Society, provided her mother has nothing she wishes to say/ask first)

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 13, 2014, 04:32:22 pm »

Rai moves toward Roka and says, "You wanted to speak to me?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 13, 2014, 06:17:01 pm »

Rai moves toward Roka and says, "You wanted to speak to me?"

"Yes. First, are you a Yoriki of Sendai? Do you know what that title stands for?"

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 13, 2014, 06:40:00 pm »

"Yes. First, are you a Yoriki of Sendai? Do you know what that title stands for?"

Looking at how close the others are especially the demon Jenna Rai asks, "I would rather have this conversation somewhere elese. Could we move it to a more private venue?"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 13, 2014, 06:48:48 pm »

Oh snap, the pince! Kirito thinks to himself but manages not to let it show, instead he decides to listen in on their conversation

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 13, 2014, 06:49:02 pm »

Looking at how close the others are especially the demon Jenna Rai asks, "I would rather have this conversation somewhere elese. Could we move it to a more private venue?"

".... Rai, this isn't a private conversation. It's a lesson. Though, I discussed Udo's issues by himself... Very well. Jenna, my students will direct you to my house. I hate leaving a lovely woman by herself, but duty calls." Roka says, smiling, as he turns to Rai.

"Alright, come on ." Roka says, leading Rai to a secluded spot.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 13, 2014, 06:54:38 pm »

Rai walks to the secluded spot and says, "What does being a Yoski of Sendai mean? It means a first step. It means gathering allies. It means that I suspect of Kirito told you and why we are having this conversation."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 13, 2014, 06:59:31 pm »

Rai walks to the secluded spot and says, "What does being a Yoski of Sendai mean? It means a first step. It means gathering allies. It means that I suspect of Kirito told you and why we are having this conversation."

"I suppose Kirito told you as well then?" Roka asks, frowning slightly.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 13, 2014, 07:04:36 pm »

Oh snap, the pince! Kirito thinks to himself but manages not to let it show, instead he decides to listen in on their conversation

Miya walks over to stand near Kirito, she turns to him with a straight face.
 "So Kirito, what do you know about Rai? What's your opinion on him?"

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 13, 2014, 07:06:31 pm »

He looks at Roka with surpise and says, "Did he not tell you everything?" He sighs think he misread the situation.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 13, 2014, 07:12:18 pm »

He looks at Roka with surpise and says, "Did he not tell you everything?" He sighs think he misread the situation.

"He told me something about Ninjas." Roka says, looking at Rai, shaking his head.

"Anyways, no. Being a Yoriki isn't about gathering allies. What nonesense. Being a Yoriki of Sendai is to be the face of Sendai. What we do, reflects on Sendai, on our magistrate, and, our daimyo. That is what being a Yoriki of Sendai is. Do you know why I am telling you this?"

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 13, 2014, 07:18:38 pm »

Rai shakes his head and thinks to himself. I guess I can trust kirito more then I thought. He didn't tell Roka a thing. Rai looks at Roka, folds his arms, and says, "You are clearly telling me this because you don't think I do any of those things well. Also probably because your pissed off that I tried to stop you from taking a Demon from "Uncle" with us."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: April 13, 2014, 07:32:21 pm »

Rai shakes his head and thinks to himself. I guess I can trust kirito more then I thought. He didn't tell Roka a thing. Rai looks at Roka, folds his arms, and says, "You are clearly telling me this because you don't think I do any of those things well. Also probably because your pissed off that I tried to stop you from taking a Demon from "Uncle" with us."

"Well, yes on the first, no on the second, in this case." Roka says, shaking his head.

"We are Yoriki. No matter what we consider each other as, when on duty, we are Yoriki. An insult to one of us is an insult to our magistrate. Our reputation is our magistrate's reputation."

"Now, as Yoriki, we can not, in front of people of importance, insult one another. We can apologize for another's actions, and correct it, but to claim such things, as true as they maybe, in front of the higher ups is not just an insult to me, but an insult to our magistrate. That is the same reason why I did not tell anyone about Kirito and Keitaro's misbehaviors during our previous mission. We can hate each other off duty, but on duty, (infront of superiors) we must respect each other."

"I don't care of your attempts, I care of the way you do it, Rai."

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 13, 2014, 07:50:19 pm »

Rai shurgs and says, "Alright but just so you know I don't hate you. I was using that as a way to avoid having a spy around us at all times."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 13, 2014, 08:13:01 pm »

Rai shurgs and says, "Alright but just so you know I don't hate you. I was using that as a way to avoid having a spy around us at all times."

"Don't care. Just remember what I said."

"Now, what did Kirito tell you? He said some important things, but unless he told you the same as me, I can't discuss it. And don't lie. You are a horrible bluffer."

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 13, 2014, 08:22:26 pm »

Rai looks Roka straight in the eyes and says, "The only thing kirito told me was he knew who I was."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 13, 2014, 08:31:10 pm »

Rai looks Roka straight in the eyes and says, "The only thing kirito told me was he knew who I was."

Roka strokes his goatee, and shakes his head.

"No. Just no. Please tell me that doesn't mean that you are the son. Please."

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 13, 2014, 08:33:48 pm »

Rai looks at Roka and says, "Alright I won't say anything."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 13, 2014, 08:37:25 pm »

Rai looks at Roka and says, "Alright I won't say anything."

"I'm going to imagine this part of the conversation never happened." Roka states, and walks away.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 13, 2014, 08:44:03 pm »

Rai smiles and says, "You can say that but it did. If you ever want to talk more you know where to find me." Rai walks over to Miya and Kirito.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 14, 2014, 05:40:17 am »

Miya walks over to stand near Kirito, she turns to him with a straight face.
 "So Kirito, what do you know about Rai? What's your opinion on him?"
"Many things other do not." He smiled at her. "And if you want my honest opinion about him as a person, i dont really have one. He's changed much since we rescued that princess, so i reserve that opinion untill i learn more about him from his actions."

He then changed subject. "You can learn alot about a person by just watching them you know." He smiled.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 05:42:04 am by Daedalus »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 14, 2014, 04:40:58 pm »

After returning Kioko back home, Yuki arrived back at the Occult society, intent on telling them the mission of the samurai.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 14, 2014, 07:26:32 pm »

"Many things other do not." He smiled at her. "And if you want my honest opinion about him as a person, i dont really have one. He's changed much since we rescued that princess, so i reserve that opinion untill i learn more about him from his actions."

He then changed subject. "You can learn alot about a person by just watching them you know." He smiled.

She gives him a look of curiosity.
 "Indeed, no matter. It looks like those two are done now." She says as she glances in his direction.

"So what was that about Rai? Our leader looks like he was trying to wrap his head around something."
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 07:29:26 pm by Fireplay »

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 14, 2014, 09:12:35 pm »

Rai looks hard at kirito and says, "When you tell anybody anything you should let me know." Looking to Miya he says, "He just found out who I am. I think he was shocked to say the least. Also both of you know if you hadn't figured that out yet. So the only one that doesn't in our group is Yuki and I am not sure if we can trust her to hide it." 

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 15, 2014, 12:09:22 am »

Miya looks at Rai with a stern expression.
 "I would trust Yuki with my life, she is a good person but I'd rather leave her out of this if we can."

She then turns to Kiriko.
 "Sorry, I was not sure if you completely knew about him yet. That's why I asked." She gestures to Rai.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 15, 2014, 12:19:55 am »

Rai respons with, "Yes I would trust her with my life as well, but a secret is a different story. I haven't know her as long as you but it seems to me that she is about the worse lire I have ever seen. She is a good person and I have no doubt she would help us but right now we can't let the truth be known."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 15, 2014, 08:05:29 am »

After returning Kioko back home, Yuki arrived back at the Occult society, intent on telling them the mission of the samurai.

Never before had Yuki been afforded such attention and a feeling of importance among the Occult Community as now - bringing information to them about Yunikawa's quest for the Book of Secrets.

The news was such that Yuki was immediately granted access to Grand Premier Kenji Nogachi, the Wu-Jen of Sendai and Advisor to the Daimyo.

"Remarkable," the Grand Premier said shaking his head, "astounding that he was even able to learn of its location at all."

"Recover the Book for Master Yunikawa of course," he went on, "but bring it here first, so that we can make a duplicate."

"The information contained in the Book of Secrets is too great to be entrusted to one man. And, as he uses the resources of Sendai in its recovery, it is only fitting that the Daimyo has a vested interest in it."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: April 15, 2014, 10:41:49 am »

"Peculiar. Normally a person in your situation would be going on endlessly about how i knew who you were..." Kirito states, before walking off. Ignoring any other questions Rai might have.

He then used his teleport spell to his home, from there he would proceed to the market district and buy the components (x7) to make the potion spell.
Once thats done he will once again head home to prepare 5 "Ice walk" Potions and 1 "heal"
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 12:17:21 pm by Daedalus »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 15, 2014, 02:44:47 pm »

Never before had Yuki been afforded such attention and a feeling of importance among the Occult Community as now - bringing information to them about Yunikawa's quest for the Book of Secrets.

The news was such that Yuki was immediately granted access to Grand Premier Kenji Nogachi, the Wu-Jen of Sendai and Advisor to the Daimyo.

"Remarkable," the Grand Premier said shaking his head, "astounding that he was even able to learn of its location at all."

"Recover the Book for Master Yunikawa of course," he went on, "but bring it here first, so that we can make a duplicate."

"The information contained in the Book of Secrets is too great to be entrusted to one man. And, as he uses the resources of Sendai in its recovery, it is only fitting that the Daimyo has a vested interest in it."

Yuki nods and gives a slight bow. She then leaves and returns to her home, intent on resting until they are ready to leave.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 15, 2014, 09:12:22 pm »

For Roka that evening, Jenna proved to be everything he thought she would be in bed - which was fun to be sure, but she wasn't quite up to par with Lilitu the Succubus.

Of course, one would expect a sex demon to be the best at sex, so this was not really a surprise, and Jenna came a close second... or perhaps third...

Yes third; because while she certainly knew what she was doing and easily brought Roka to the heights of carnal ecstasy, she had an unnatural chill to her body; which made Roka wonder the next morning with more than a little unease, if that was what doing a dead person would be like...

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 16, 2014, 12:53:32 am »

Rai respons with, "Yes I would trust her with my life as well, but a secret is a different story. I haven't know her as long as you but it seems to me that she is about the worse lire I have ever seen. She is a good person and I have no doubt she would help us but right now we can't let the truth be known."

Miya nods as Kirito leaves them.
 "That's mostly why I trust her, she is not used to telling a lie and that means she almost always gives her true opinion I think. Even if it's an uncertain one." She smiles at that.
 "I've been thinking about this book of secrets though, perhaps we can make a copy for our group to have just in case. What do you think Rai?"

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 16, 2014, 12:57:58 am »

Rai looks at Miya and says, "After being in that mans presence, I don't even want to give him the book. He doesn't just rub me the wrong way. It's more like the gods clearly hid this book for a reason and I shudder to think what he could do with that power. One of the reasons I didn't want a vampire with us is because it makes a plan for us to "lose" the book all the harder."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 16   Go Up