Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Mythic Nippon Adventure III  (Read 265434 times)

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
Re: Mythic Nippon Adventure III
« Reply #400 on: April 24, 2014, 04:18:33 pm »

"Oof" Udo says, clutching his crotch. Looking around before swinging his Tetsubo again, he angrily shouts at Kirito, "BY THE EARTH GOD- DAMNIT KIRITO!" Annoyed, hoping that his animals are all still alive. "Yuki... Agh" he grunts, hoping the battle will end soon.

(Use a Surge to go first, if he wins in initiative anyways then use it to attack twice)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 24, 2014, 04:34:50 pm »

Udo Surges to go first – hammering the Giant turtle hermit into the ground with two solid whacks over the head with his tesubo – Disabling him with the first blow and then killing him with the next.

Kirito then clarifies what the Giant Undead thing should be attacking – or, in this particular case, what it should not be attacking.

The lumbering menace stops juicing Udo’s squirrel dray and then just mopes there as if bored all of a sudden.

Yuki manages to shake off unconsciousness, while the tiger Bleach takes up a defensive position near Udo.

Rai arrives at the melee – but it’s over.

The five Kappa try to grab Kirito, but he bows to them and water spills from their heads.

They all rush back to the water and dive in – but do not surface again.

Roka helps Jenna out of the pond and Miya waits to see what’s going to happen next.

After a few moments of calm, it becomes clear that no other enemies are forthcoming – and the Shinto Temple is now the Samurai’s to explore unimpeded…

---

(OOC – Combat is over.)

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 24, 2014, 04:41:04 pm »

"Man, you can get really angry Jenna." Roka says with a laugh, and then looks at Kirito.

"Hmm.. Guess I should offer an apology. Looks like that crazy idea actually worked. Odd." Roka says, nodding to Kirito, and then motioning to his students.

"Come on you lazy buggers." Roka says, sighing.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 24, 2014, 05:01:58 pm »

Yuki groggily stands to her feet and shakes her head. Things did not go as she planned.

"Is everyone okay?", she asks. Yuki spent most of her fight with her back to her allies after all, so she was largely unaware of what else was happening.

Remembering that one of the giants had a large ruby in its eye socket, Yuki goes to that giant and attempts to retrieve the ruby, to see if it has any spiritual meaning.

cool74

• Cowboy
  • Sometimes good people do bad things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 24, 2014, 05:10:35 pm »

Rai says, "Before we go any further we should rest and heal up." Looking at the temple, "No telling what other traps or opponents might be inside." He then collects his spears and axe.
Ideals are peaceful; history is violent.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: April 24, 2014, 05:39:18 pm »

"By the way, Rai", Yuki begins, "Why did that turtle call you Go-Uda?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 24, 2014, 06:42:32 pm »

Fortunately, for Yuki, the dead (and not Undead) Giant turtle hermit has the ruby in its head. without giving it much thought, she plucks it out of his eye socket and watches the ruby re-size itself in her hand to something about the size of a human eyeball.

Noticing that the ruby is translucent, she looks though it and realized that it allows one to see illusions outlined in red - like the back inside wall of the temple shrine for example...

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 24, 2014, 06:47:56 pm »

Fortunately, for Yuki, the dead (and not Undead) Giant turtle hermit has the ruby in its head. without giving it much thought, she plucks it out of his eye socket and watches the ruby re-size itself in her hand to something about the size of a human eyeball.

Noticing that the ruby is translucent, she looks though it and realized that it allows one to see illusions outlined in red - like the back inside wall of the temple shrine for example...

Curious of the wall, Yuki decides to investigate it.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 24, 2014, 06:48:52 pm »

Heading into the temple and walking past where the large central slab had been (before it shattered and a Naga came out of it) - Yuki arrives at the back wall.

Looking at it through the ruby, she could see that it was covered in some sort of illusion (that made it appear as a normal wall) – but when she reaches out to touch the wall, it suddenly changes in appearance.

Where plain wall had just been, a broken pattern of three inch colored tiles appear – having been hidden behind the illusion which has just gone down.

Looking at the curious nature of the tiles, Yuki discovers that they can be slid around to change their positions and figures out that they can be arranged to create some sort of picture mosaic on the wall…
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 07:13:32 pm by BerkaZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 24, 2014, 07:26:14 pm »

Roka orders his students to look over the dead bodies of our fallen enemies and loot them.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 24, 2014, 07:31:56 pm »

"By the way, Rai", Yuki begins, "Why did that turtle call you Go-Uda?"

Rai fallows Yuki inside and says, "How did you know that wall was fake" conveniently forgetting to answer her question.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 24, 2014, 07:33:23 pm »

Roka's students take a minute and then bring Roka the Naga Priest's ten-foot long naginata, blessed jade chain armor, and hearthstone in an orichulum amulet.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 24, 2014, 07:40:15 pm »

As this goes on, Jenna dries herself off and kicks some of the raked pebbles into the pond - " I just dare any of you cretins to come out again!" she yells at the water.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:05:39 pm by BerkaZerka »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 24, 2014, 07:44:43 pm »

Rai fallows Yuki inside and says, "How did you know that wall was fake" conveniently forgetting to answer her question.

Yuki hands Rai the ruby.

"Using this. Apparently it can see through illusions", she explains.

"Also, answer my question from before."

Heading into the temple and walking past where the large central slab had been (before it shattered and a Naga came out of it) - Yuki arrives at the back wall.

Looking at it through the ruby, she could see that it was covered in some sort of illusion (that made it appear as a normal wall) – but when she reaches out to touch the wall, it suddenly changes in appearance.

Where plain wall had just been, a broken pattern of three inch colored tiles appear – having been hidden behind the illusion which has just gone down.

Looking at the curious nature of the tiles, Yuki discovers that they can be slid around to change their positions and figures out that they can be arranged to create some sort of picture mosaic on the wall…

Yuki attempts to arrange them to create the mosaic picture.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 24, 2014, 07:46:14 pm »

Yuki hands Rai the ruby.

"Using this. Apparently it can see through illusions", she explains.

"Also, answer my question from before."
"Yeah," Udo chimes in, also hearing it. "The giant hermit called you that right before he chucked you"

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 24, 2014, 07:48:14 pm »

"Hey, Wasn't this in one of the gaints eyes? It is much smaller then it was almost as if it would fit in a human eye socket. I wonder....." Rai says thinking having an eye that could see through illusions would be most helpful to keeping him alive.

Rai then looks at Yuki and says, "In respones to your other question, Are you sure you want to know because this is not for the faint of heart?"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 24, 2014, 07:49:22 pm »

"Hey, Wasn't this in one of the gaints eyes? It is much smaller then it was almost as if it would fit in a human eye socket. I wonder....." Rai says thinking having an eye that could see through illusions would be most helpful to keeping him alive.

Rai then looks at Yuki and says, "In respones to your other question, Are you sure you want to know because this is not for the faint of heart?"

Yuki turns to Rai and smiles, in the middle of trying to solve the puzzle.

"That just makes me even more curious, hehe."

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 24, 2014, 07:54:46 pm »

Seeing Udo also heard Rai sighs, "Well I guess that is everyone in the group now except Jenna and I want to keep it that way." He says we a hard look to them both and says quietly so only they can hear, "My real last name is Go-Uda and I am the last surviving member of Nipponese royalty.  Emperor Go-Uda was my father."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 24, 2014, 08:01:07 pm »

Roka sighs, and then turns.

"Let's discuss this later. Time to divvy up the loot!" Roka shouts, as he throws to Udo the blessed blade.

"He's the only sword user with us. Who wants the armor and this cool hearthstone?"

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 24, 2014, 08:04:03 pm »

Quite shocked, Udo's mind wanders as he mutters, "I... Um, okay" he grips his apparent new 10 ft long Naginata.
He also looks at his squirrel dray how many are left?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:09:02 pm by Tanstaafl »

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: April 24, 2014, 08:04:56 pm »

Rai looks up and says, "I think I will keep this Ruby eye." Looking over to kirito he asks, "Hey do you think you can remove my eye and put this stone in its place?"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 24, 2014, 08:14:22 pm »

Seeing Udo also heard Rai sighs, "Well I guess that is everyone in the group now except Jenna and I want to keep it that way." He says we a hard look to them both and says quietly so only they can hear, "My real last name is Go-Uda and I am the last surviving member of Nipponese royalty.  Emperor Go-Uda was my father."

Yuki stares at Rai for a moment before smiling.

"That's a big secret...it probably wasn't a good idea to tell me."
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:21:54 pm by killa_robot »

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 24, 2014, 08:25:27 pm »

Rai looks at Yuki and says, "Well if you don't think you can keep it hidden I will kill you without blinking an eye."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 24, 2014, 09:04:49 pm »

Rai looks at Yuki and says, "Well if you don't think you can keep it hidden I will kill you without blinking an eye."

"Well, that's unfortunate, because we both know I can't keep a secret", Yuki replies, continuing with the puzzle.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 24, 2014, 09:36:34 pm »

Yuki appears to just be moving tiles at random. She's going to need some help with this it would seem ...

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 24, 2014, 09:39:47 pm »

Yuki appears to just be moving tiles at random. She's going to need some help with this it would seem ...
Raising an eyebrow at what the 'emperor's son' just said, Udo sighs and turns at the wall.
"Uh, do you need some help, Yuki?" Udo says looking at it, completely puzzled by it as well. He looks at Miya, probably the smartest one here. "Can anybody figure this out?"

He sits down to patch up his wounds, worrying that another crotch kicking giant is lurking, meanwhile, he periodically stares at it, maybe he'll get lucky and will be able to impress his colleagues, that'd be pretty cool. (Luck point for lucky break?)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 09:57:38 pm by Tanstaafl »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 24, 2014, 09:46:54 pm »

Yuki takes a step back from the puzzle and looks at Udo.

"I can't seem to figure it out...", she replies dismayed.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 24, 2014, 09:52:38 pm »

Kirito approaches the group "Anybody mind if i take the heartstone? i want to see what it does..." Kirito says. "Oh, Yuki, wheres that big ruby that the giant used as a eye?" Kirito asked her.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 24, 2014, 09:54:35 pm »

Yuki points to Rai, who now has the ruby.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 24, 2014, 09:57:59 pm »

"Oi, Rai, figured out what it does yet?" Kirito asked him. "Looks like a mozaic puzzle." He said looking at the wall. he then approached it and tried to solve it.

OOC: use luck to reduce the MTN by 4 and IF needed also to add that 4+ bonus :)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 10:03:50 pm by Daedalus »

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 25, 2014, 01:13:06 am »

"It appears to be able to see through illusions." Rai replys.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 25, 2014, 12:11:36 pm »

"Oh, cool. Mind if i have it? Would be practical... might even remove my eye for it. If that can be done!" Kirito mumbles t he last part to himself.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 25, 2014, 12:14:24 pm »

"How are you two so eager when speaking of removing one of your eyes?" Udo exclaims surprised, rubbing his.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 25, 2014, 12:17:48 pm »

"I can regrow mine if i want. Speaking of which Udo, you have some surgical training yes? Want to give it a shot?" He asked. (hue hue hue)

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 25, 2014, 12:30:42 pm »

Rai looks at kirito and says, "Sorry, I am going to be taking this ruby with me. I won't replace my eye with it until I get it checked out by someone who knows more about magical items." Rai then puts it into one of his many pockets. Then looking at Udo he says, "Just image how useful seeing through illusions could be especially with all the missions we go on."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: April 25, 2014, 04:53:43 pm »

Helping Yuki, Kirito notices a reoccurring pattern among the sliding tiles and starts to expand on that.

It's not long after, and Yuki figures out that the pattern should be that of an Old Realm Kanji – or symbol – perhaps something with meaning to the gods?

Trying a number of patters, Kirito finally hits on something with the symbol of Mount Fuji.

There is a loud click and the wall suddenly slides open, bathing the interior of the shrine with a blinding white light.

Rather than opening out the back of the shrine (as could be expected), the open wall reveals an extra-dimensional space beyond the outer wall – A grand circular chamber walled in gold with a lustrous marble floor and matching domed ceiling. Columns of polished green soapstone, accented with inlaid starmetal and orichalcum script, lined the perimeter, while a narrow well rested in the center.

It was what occupied the space ten feet directly above the well that caused everyone’s heart to skip a beat as they looked in – Sakura Kashiwagi and Keitaro Hokusai – their naked bodies held unconscious, yet alive, in some kind of stasis.

Once Kirito and Yuki had recovered from the initial shock of seeing their former friends’ bodies hanging there in the strange room, they took a moment to feel out the flows of magic emanating from within.

First, with her Sorcerer’s Sight, Yuki could see that the lines of spiritual attunement originated from the exact center of the chamber, where all of the power of the manse was being focused into holding some great and unknown power within – the same place where Sakura and Keitaro hung suspended over the well.

Yuki also noted a total of six lines of attunement radiating from the manse – one to herself, one to Udo, one to Roka, one to Sakura, one to Keitaro, and one pointing south, but only for a few feet before it tapered out of sight – Uncle Yunikawa’s, Yuki surmised.

Kirito meanwhile (while he could not see the lines of spiritual attunement,) could sense some kind of epic spell in effect – a spell of protection or a powerful ward of some kind that Kirito suspected was in place to allow the room itself to exist – that and to give some kind of empowerment to the strange script which lined the columns…

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 25, 2014, 05:05:22 pm »

Kirito stands in awe at what he's seeing. what the fark.... he thinks to himself.

Then turning to Yuki he says "I dont know if you've figured it out, but there is epic magic at work here. Either some spell of protection, or a really powerful ward to allow the room the exist, and to give some power to the script that surrounds the columns." He said, while trying to read the strange script, and look for the book. He was determined to find it and read it before delivering it to uncle.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 25, 2014, 05:08:31 pm »

Though slightly stunned, Yuki suddenly looks thrilled at the prospect that Sakura may still be alive.

"Look, look! It's Sakura! She's alive!", she practically yells, pointing up at Sakura while jumping up and down.

Yuki then turns to Kirito.

"This is the source of the strange attunement I've been seeing too. Well, not all of us have it though, hehe", she replies, intentionally leaving out who doesn't have it.

Yuki then hops over to the well in the centre of the room, unable to resist looking inside of it.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 05:10:49 pm by killa_robot »

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 25, 2014, 05:10:50 pm »

Rai looks at the floating spirits and says, "I recognize Kirito but who is that other person? Further more why are there spirits tethered here? YUKI! Come back we don't know what effect this thing might have on you." Rai immidetly looks through the ruby to see if there are any illusions going on.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 25, 2014, 05:14:01 pm »

Looking into the chamber through the ruby, Rai can actually see the lines of spiritual attunement that Yuki was talking about - each appearing as a bright red beam of light (like a laser) that inexplicably connects Yuki, Roka, Udo, Sakura, Keitaro, and one other unknown entity, with the center of this powerful magical focus.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 05:31:54 pm by BerkaZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 25, 2014, 05:17:02 pm »

"You know, generally, I'm happy to see a woman naked. This time, I'm not as happy down under. Maybe that's because of Keitaro though...." Roka says with a laugh, though he's obviously incredibley shocked and incredibley happy as well.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 25, 2014, 05:18:06 pm »

"Yes, lets not worry about the priest who is also in the room." Kirito mumbled in reply to Rai, ignoring his warnings.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 25, 2014, 05:20:46 pm »

"Yes, lets not worry about the priest who is also in the room." Kirito mumbled in reply to Rai, ignoring his warnings.

Rai just looks at him and says, "You are not immature nor are you dumb. I assume you can take care of yourself. Yuki though is to innocent and naive for her own good and tends to run bindly into  traps." Nodding his head to what just happened outside.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 25, 2014, 05:32:53 pm »

No sooner than Yuki had stepped foot into the room meanwhile, the inlaid script on the columns began to radiate a searing white light.

Yuki doubled over suddenly in wracking torment – unable to breath or even scream out under the intensity of her pain. Exerting every ounce of willpower she could muster (Surge), she miraculously manages to force her unresponsive body to topple backwards through the opening in the wall and back into the shrine.

Disabled, Yuki coughs out a spray of blood – looking visible shaken and dazed by the experience for a moment, she finally snaps out of it and can speak again.

She’s pretty sure the room just tried to kill her for being mostly human…

Kirito, meanwhile having seen the activation of the ward, could tell that ward would instantly kill any man who entered, unless he was a master of his own Ki energy – and even then, it would overwhelm him with disabling pain, as it slowly disintegrated him from the inside out.

The chamber before them was not intended for man to enter.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 25, 2014, 05:37:15 pm »

"I don't think...we should go into the room", Yuki says with a cough.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 25, 2014, 05:39:06 pm »

At first gaping at Sakura and Keitaro's bodies, wondering what is going on, he notices Yuki falling back, bleeding.
"Yuki!" He mutters, trying to move her back (closer to the group) and patch her up.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 25, 2014, 05:39:09 pm »

Looking into the chamber through the ruby, Rai can actually see the lines of spiritual attunement that Yuki was talking about - each appearing as a bright red beam of light (like a laser) that inexplicably connects Yuki, Roka, Udo, Sakura, Keitaro, and one other unknown entity, with the center of this powerful magical focus.

"I see what Yuki talks about when she says the lines of spiritual attunement. Odd me, Miya and Kirito do not have one and there seems to be another one somewhere far away. Udo help Yuki now!" Then he looks at kirito and says, "Can you do anything to help us get through this chamber?"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 25, 2014, 05:42:34 pm »

"I could cast something that would make the magic go away. However this might also kill Keitaro and Sakura." He responded to Rai.

"OI, ZOMBIE, GET YOUR DEAD ARSE IN HERE." He shouted for the thing. "try to enter the room!"

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 25, 2014, 05:43:37 pm »

Rai responds, "Are they even alive now or are there souls trapped here?"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 25, 2014, 05:44:38 pm »

"Could be both." He shrugged.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 16   Go Up