Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Mythic Nippon Adventure III  (Read 272368 times)

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Mythic Nippon Adventure III
« Reply #550 on: May 01, 2014, 08:58:51 pm »

"Rai, this is the realm of the gods. The more time we spend here the less likely we are to escape. That thing that summoned the naga is getting rebuilt by the second, and the servants of the gods will be waiting for us there. We still have a chance, right now, to get back home. People can sleep on the way back." Roka says, not looking comfortable at all.

"We can not stay here."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 01, 2014, 09:03:21 pm »

"Rai, this is the realm of the gods. The more time we spend here the less likely we are to escape. That thing that summoned the naga is getting rebuilt by the second, and the servants of the gods will be waiting for us there. We still have a chance, right now, to get back home. People can sleep on the way back." Roka says, not looking comfortable at all.

"We can not stay here."
"We're in the middle of a non-existent Sendai, do we even know the way back?" Udo asks, confused by all of this, "For all I know, it may be faster to wait for Kirito to get his spells back, I think."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 01, 2014, 09:05:30 pm »

"It would be shorter if we used the elemental. Remember Hirosaki? We traveled an almost 20 day trip in a span of hours."

cool74

• Cowboy
  • Sometimes good people do bad things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 01, 2014, 09:08:31 pm »

"It would be shorter if we used the elemental. Remember Hirosaki? We traveled an almost 20 day trip in a span of hours."

Rai sighs and says, "Your right but kirito commands the elemental." Then looking pointedly at the snoozing priest says, "And he really isn't in the position to order it to do anything. I guess Yuki might be able to control it but I am not sure I want to chance that. Also Given an Hour I can make it so our campsite isn't very noticeable."
Ideals are peaceful; history is violent.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 01, 2014, 09:10:22 pm »

"We knew where we were going then, we could very well get lost here..." He bites his lip. "Ugh..."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: May 01, 2014, 09:11:40 pm »

"We knew where we were going then, we could very well get lost here..." He bites his lip. "Ugh..."
"It's the same landscape as the one we traveled last time in, Udo. And Kirito being asleep isn't a problem. I can just wake him up. Damn priest." Roka simply says, muttering the last part.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 01, 2014, 09:17:35 pm »

"It's the same landscape as the one we traveled last time in, Udo. And Kirito being asleep isn't a problem. I can just wake him up. Damn priest." Roka simply says, muttering the last part.

Rai looks around and says, "Yes it is the same landscape with no human intervention. How many of our landmarks are human based. Furthermore just because this is where Sundi could be doesn't mean the area around is safe. If we moved and got attacked we are pretty much screwed at this point. Also there is no gaurentees that the area ouside here looks anything like what we know. I am hesitant to stay as well but it is our best chance of making it out. Especially because we have to exit EXACTLY where we entered. I don't know where that was do you?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 01, 2014, 09:21:11 pm »

"I don't, obviously, but Miya should. She knows this stuff. As for if we are attacked, well, we are screwed no matter what, and we can not defeat the stuff that the Gods bring to defend it. Our only chance is to get there first. We wait until tommorow, and we don't have that chance."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 01, 2014, 09:25:11 pm »

"Just overgrown forests... I dunno. All the hills are the same, but it still looks very different. It was a 3 day journey to get there on horseback...

But if Kirito can teleport us tomorrow we can bypass the tests, and teleport straight to the portal thing and walk through."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 01, 2014, 09:26:42 pm »

"And at that portal, tommorow, will stand the army of the gods. We can't fight that."

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 01, 2014, 09:29:52 pm »

"And at that portal, tommorow, will stand the army of the gods. We can't fight that."

"I don't think so. Something tells me if the gods wanted us dead we would be dead by now. I think the Naga and the Giants were a test to see if we are worthy. I have a feeling that if we leave now without knowing where to go. We will be in much greater danger. Then if we had stayed put and left tomorrow."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 01, 2014, 09:32:05 pm »

"I don't think so. Something tells me if the gods wanted us dead we would be dead by now. I think the Naga and the Giants were a test to see if we are worthy. I have a feeling that if we leave now without knowing where to go. We will be in much greater danger. Then if we had stayed put and left tomorrow."
"We literally just stole from the Gods, I doubt they are very happy right now" Udo replies, "It's definitely a problem with time..."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 01, 2014, 09:33:23 pm »

"... The gods don't want us with the book. And if us stealing from them isn't enough, Kirito insulted them by bringing a dead body into an important place. We know the path, we have maps and we have map readers." Roka says, pointing to Udo and Miya.

"The mistake would be to wait. That's the truth."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 01, 2014, 09:43:14 pm »

Ignoring the conversation of everyone else, Yuki decides to use her spirit sight, to see if she can see the real Sendai from this side.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 01, 2014, 09:48:51 pm »

"... The gods don't want us with the book. And if us stealing from them isn't enough, Kirito insulted them by bringing a dead body into an important place. We know the path, we have maps and we have map readers." Roka says, pointing to Udo and Miya.

"The mistake would be to wait. That's the truth."

"Yes and one of them just said everything feels different."Rai then shakes his head and says, "So do you want to leave your students and wagon on this side of the spirit barrier?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 01, 2014, 09:51:01 pm »

"Yes and one of them just said everything feels different."Rai then shakes his head and says, "So do you want to leave your students and wagon on this side of the spirit barrier?"

"What? Why the hell would we do that? As for Udo, it feels weird since it's the spirit world. Jenna, a spirit, just said that it's the same without human landmarks."

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 01, 2014, 10:11:12 pm »

"Will kirito die if we force him to teleport us again?"

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
  • Miya Sugai (Mythic Nippon)
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 01, 2014, 11:32:37 pm »

"Will kirito die if we force him to teleport us again?"

"What does it matter? He should have remembered that we needed to go through the portal, if he dies it's his fault. I say we start moving to either the portal or to 'Uncles' place so I can figure out our way to the portal from there. Staying here is foolish and the longer we discuss it the more likely we will die."
 Miya says pragmatically as she looks around to see if she remembers how to get to the portal or even 'Uncles' place.
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years." -Unknown
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 02, 2014, 06:39:42 am »

Roka looks at Miya, somewhat surprised by the statement, but shrugs.

"Sounds good to me." He states, before walking over to Kirito's sleeping body, kicking him (not harmful but just to wake him up)

"Teleport again, Kirito. Now."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 02, 2014, 04:38:07 pm »

Roka looks at Miya, somewhat surprised by the statement, but shrugs.

"Sounds good to me." He states, before walking over to Kirito's sleeping body, kicking him (not harmful but just to wake him up)

"Teleport again, Kirito. Now."

"No." He simply stated. There is no way i can manage another teleport without dying."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: May 02, 2014, 04:54:29 pm »

"No." He simply stated. There is no way i can manage another teleport without dying."

"Udo will keep you alive. Do it." Roka says, again. "We need to get out of the spirit realm, now, Kirito. Otherwise, your lovely emperor is going to die." Roka then adds, thinking of ways to twist Kirito's (metaphorical) arm.

"Teleport us back to the entrance to the spirit realm. Now."
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 05:04:10 pm by Aman »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 02, 2014, 05:15:32 pm »

Kirito lets out a heavy sigh. "Had i known this would happen." He shakes his head. "If it comes to that... Swear to make sure you keep him alive. On your honour as Samurai. If you do that... Then i'll die without regrets, and make this teleport happen."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 02, 2014, 05:34:29 pm »

"You aren't going to die, Kirito." Roka says, "Udo will heal you. Teleport us. Now."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 02, 2014, 06:38:22 pm »

"You aren't going to die, Kirito." Roka says, "Udo will heal you. Teleport us. Now."
"Swear it!" Kirito repeated.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 02, 2014, 07:29:17 pm »

Ignoring the conversation of everyone else, Yuki decides to use her spirit sight, to see if she can see the real Sendai from this side.

As Yuki looks with Spirit Sight, she does not see the City of Sendai - but suddenly becomes aware of hundreds and hundreds of ethereal-looking spirit forms of the people of Sendai, moving about around her - going on with their daily business on the other side of the curtain...

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 02, 2014, 07:34:31 pm »

"He already did," Jenna says to Kirito (subtly implanting the false memory of it in his mind with Mind Control) - "Now hurry up and do it" she adds (also Mind Control).

Not realizing that he is being manipulated, Kirito gathers everyone around once more to cast Teleport, waiting for Yuki.

"Yuki, are you coming? he asks.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 02, 2014, 07:42:42 pm »

"He already did," Jenna says to Kirito (subtly implanting the false memory of it in his mind with Mind Control) - "Now hurry up and do it" she adds (also Mind Control).

Not realizing that he is being manipulated, Kirito gathers everyone around once more to cast Teleport, waiting for Yuki.

"Yuki, are you coming? he asks.

Yuki looks around the city, attempting to see if she can find anyone she recognizes. Specifically, she looks for Kioko.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 02, 2014, 08:04:55 pm »

Everyone watches Yuki wandering off aimlessly...

Yuki meanwhile, sees that none of the spirit forms have discernible features - being like ghostly gray shadows cast on an invisible wall.

However, given that they are all the right shape, Yuki thinks that she might actually be able to locate Kioko - presuming that the little Spirit Familiar thing is still with her (as it has a very easily identifiably non-human shape and size) ...

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 02, 2014, 08:09:55 pm »

Yuki searches for another few minutes, but if she doesnt find Kioko in that time, she hurries back to teleport.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 02, 2014, 08:52:39 pm »

"Elemental, would you mind getting that book from Yuki, also tell her that if she does not come now, we're going without her." Kirito said. Preparing to use his teleport spell, with or without Yuki, as she couldent even reply to his question.

Use lucky break to help move the game along in a plot twist in Kiritos favor.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 09:04:43 pm by Daedalus »

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
  • Miya Sugai (Mythic Nippon)
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 03, 2014, 01:42:45 am »

Miya looks sharply at Kirito and quickly moves to stand directly in front of him, obviously angry with his idea to leave Yuki behind.

"We are not leaving Yuki behind, if you even think about doing it then I will never forgive you Kirito. Yuki may be strange but she has reasons for what she does! We will wait until she returns to us and no one is leaving until she does just that. Understand Priest?" She says with a glare and an underlying threat in her tone, oblivious to the reactions of her fellow Samurai at her reaction as she waits for Kirito's response.

"I do not abandon my friends and allies because it is convenient to me." She nearly spits out the words at him.

OOC: To far?  ;D
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years." -Unknown
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 03, 2014, 03:02:20 am »

Miya looks sharply at Kirito and quickly moves to stand directly in front of him, obviously angry with his idea to leave Yuki behind.

"We are not leaving Yuki behind, if you even think about doing it then I will never forgive you Kirito. Yuki may be strange but she has reasons for what she does! We will wait until she returns to us and no one is leaving until she does just that. Understand Priest?" She says with a glare and an underlying threat in her tone, oblivious to the reactions of her fellow Samurai at her reaction as she waits for Kirito's response.

"I do not abandon my friends and allies because it is convenient to me." She nearly spits out the words at him.

OOC: To far?  ;D

Rai wlks up to Miya and puts his hand on her shoulder, "Don't worry we will not leave her behind. It would not be right to do so." Looking at kirito he says, "We will not leave till Yuki returns. Is that understood?" Clearly making this an order and not a request.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 03, 2014, 09:30:19 am »

"Must.. Teleport!" Kirito replies. How much untill he realise he's mind controlled?

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: May 03, 2014, 10:13:41 am »

Yuki walks to where her mother's house would be (with the Earth Elemental following after at a slow lumbering pace).

Arriving, she finds a small army of tiny radish spirits (like what Kioko had drawn at Yunikawa's place) marching around a long rectangular parameter and occasionally repelling other tiny spirits, in the shapes of bugs, slugs, and snails, that happen to come along now and again. Yuki realizes that this must be where the garden is, behind her mother's house.

The Earth Elemental meanwhile, comes up behind Yuki and says, "I must take the book back to the Priest."

Ignoring the Elemental for a moment, Yuki walks a little bit further, and finds a few more human shadows - one of which is obviously a child, but which has an unusually bright silvery shimmer about it. Hovering closely to the child is the little luminous cloud-like spirit familiar that Yuki immediately recognizes as the one Sakura made and which later attached itself to Kioko.

Apparently, the little spirit familiar can see Yuki and the Elemental, because it chirps at her and smiles brightly when she approaches.

The Earth Elemental once again follows and asks again - "The book; I must take the book."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 03, 2014, 12:50:15 pm »

Yuki smiles and waves at the little spirit. Then, content with following through on her curiosity, she looks at the Earth Elemental.

"But I need the book", she states simply, as she begins to walk back to the rest of the group.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: May 03, 2014, 06:10:14 pm »

"The priest requires the book," the Earth Elemental says, following as Yuki walks away.

Yuki gets the feeling that the Elemental doesn't even know which book it has been assigned to retrieve...

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 03, 2014, 06:18:05 pm »

"What book?" Yuki asks.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 03, 2014, 06:37:25 pm »

"How should I know," the Earth Elemental says with a shrug that looks a little odd coming from a hulking pile of walking stone, "I just serve the Priest. Maybe you should ask him which book, then you'll know which one to give me."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 03, 2014, 06:50:35 pm »

"Good idea!" Yuki replies with a smile, continuing on her way back.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 03, 2014, 07:11:20 pm »

Yuki arrives back to the others and Kirito quickly places a hand on her and the Elemental – then, in a flash of light, everyone is teleported back to the high mountain gap, where they had originally entered the Spirit World two days ago.

Kirito falls to the ground Disabled from the effort and Roka is Fatigued (but spends a Surge to shrug the effects).

Looking around, everyone sees the profusion of Spirit Willows growing in the area, indicating that they are in the right place.

With her Sorcerer’s Sight active, Yuki can also see the wide and misty veil stretching before her (the barrier that separates the Physical World from the Spirit World).

As the Samurai gather their bearings, they notice a short Korean man with a rather malnourished horse, standing about fifteen feet away from where they Teleported in – looking at them with a mix of both surprise and relief on his face…

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 03, 2014, 07:21:27 pm »

"We should really go now... probably." Yuki says, motioning everyone to go through the rift.

Noticing the Korean man, Yuki gives him a confused look, but then smiles and waves to him anyway.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
  • Keitaro Hokusai, the Drunken Ox of Sendai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 03, 2014, 07:22:23 pm »

"Oi" The short man says waiving rapidly. "Oi! Glad to see such wonderful faces!" The man is practically glowing with excitement at this point. "Thought I was going to die alone up here. You got some cheese? Me and my old pal Chinco here are about to starve to death."
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 03, 2014, 07:26:38 pm »

Yuki turns her view from the korean man to Udo.

"I don't suppose you have cheese for him?"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 03, 2014, 07:34:36 pm »

"Elemental, i cant move at all. Can you carry me?" He asked it.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
  • Keitaro Hokusai, the Drunken Ox of Sendai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 03, 2014, 07:36:36 pm »

Yuki turns her view from the korean man to Udo.

"I don't suppose you have cheese for him?"

"Chinko here likes cheese, but we'd take anything you could spare. it must have been 3 nights since we ate last..."
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 08:07:48 pm by Aeon_spiral »
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 03, 2014, 07:43:07 pm »

"Elemental, i cant move at all. Can you carry me?" He asked it.

"If you wish," the Elemental says.

Then, as if it suddenly remembered something, it turns to Yuki and adds - "Oh, I was supposed to tell you that if you did not come back, they are going to leave without you."

"But you came back."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 03, 2014, 07:45:43 pm »

"Yes i do wish." He replied, before trying to facepalm a rock after the elementals latest display of intelligence.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 03, 2014, 07:47:54 pm »

Yuki appears to think over what the earth elemental says carefully before replying.

"Well, I suppose it's good I came back when I did, hehe."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 03, 2014, 07:50:15 pm »

Yuki appears to think over what the earth elemental says carefully before replying.

"Well, I suppose it's good I came back when I did, hehe."
"Oi Yuki, mind giving me the book? Im going to try to solve the encryption." He asked her.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 03, 2014, 07:55:12 pm »

As it finally sinks in, the elemental picks Kirito up in its arms.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Up