Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mythic Nippon Adventure III  (Read 265115 times)

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
Re: Mythic Nippon Adventure III
« Reply #750 on: May 04, 2014, 09:49:56 pm »

Rai nods, "Alright. I just need your word as a samurai you won't tell anyone else. I don't expect you to swear loyalty to me just swear not to tell anyone."
Udo doesn't reply for several moments until replying, "Don't give me a reason to report you, and I simply won't."

cool74

• Cowboy
  • Sometimes good people do bad things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: May 04, 2014, 09:52:54 pm »

Udo doesn't reply for several moments until replying, "Don't give me a reason to report you, and I simply won't."

Rai smiles and puts out his hand, "I hope I give you reason to support me soon."
Ideals are peaceful; history is violent.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 04, 2014, 10:09:00 pm »

Rai smiles and puts out his hand, "I hope I give you reason to support me soon."
"I hope so too" Udo says solemnly, nodding instead of shaking his hand.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
  • Miya Sugai (Mythic Nippon)
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: May 05, 2014, 12:40:45 am »

Miya listens to her friends arguing about what to do with the book, but she is interesting in seeing how Rai will deal with it since she plans on helping him become Emperor some day; he will have to deal with things like this all the time and she would have intervened if things got hostile. She does however, plan to have a few words with Kirito in private when she sees him again about hardship and having a horrible life.

Miya nods to Rai and rides up next to Lee and Jenna.
While Rai and Udo are talking Miya turns to Lee first.
 "I wouldn't bother them right now, just keep next to me and I'll try to help you figure out what's going on while we travel to Sendai."

Then to Jenna, who Miya regards with a little suspicion.
 "Since I doubt I can actually keep you from listening to them I'm just going to ask that you keep quiet about anything you hear alright? It's best if it's kept secret. But don't listen to them if you can."
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 12:47:56 am by Fireplay »
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years." -Unknown
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
  • Keitaro Hokusai, the Drunken Ox of Sendai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 05, 2014, 03:27:18 pm »

Miya nods to Rai and rides up next to Lee and Jenna.
While Rai and Udo are talking Miya turns to Lee first.
 "I wouldn't bother them right now, just keep next to me and I'll try to help you figure out what's going on while we travel to Sendai."

Lee nods, "Thanks, to say the very least I am pretty confused. And feel rather out of place. I mean if the shock of k owing I have travled 700+ years into the future wasn't enough, I am caught in a interparty fight about a book of some sort. Eek."
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: May 05, 2014, 06:31:31 pm »

Jenna nods to Miya - "Yes, sure, why should I care what they have to say to each other?"

As they walk, Jenna Subtly Mind Reads Miya to see what she is thinking about when she adds - "Why, is it something juicy?"

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 05, 2014, 06:46:08 pm »

Jenna nods to Miya - "Yes, sure, why should I care what they have to say to each other?"

As they walk, Jenna Subtly Mind Reads Miya to see what she is thinking about when she adds - "Why, is it something juicy?"

Miya looks at Jenna with amusment. "I don't think I would use 'juicy' as the word to describe it and I'm pretty sure Roka would have told you already. Besides, I've heard that vampires can mind-read can't they?" Miya pauses before pulling out the ruby eye and looks at it before asking Jenna a question about it.
 "Do you think it would be worth replacing one of my real eyes with this? I don't care much for the 'looks' part but I don't know."

Miya stops for a moment and nods at Lee. "It's a bit complicated, our party has been tense since before we went into the spirit realm and this time-traveling part isn't helping. I just hope they don't kill Kirito over that stupid book."

OOC: Post may be subject to change. Quote at your own risk.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 06:57:01 pm by Fireplay »
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: May 05, 2014, 06:49:06 pm »

"If it doesn't make you blind, then why not?" Jenna says, "and, if you change your mind, magic can fix anything."

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 05, 2014, 06:50:48 pm »

"I would be able to replace my eye with magic if I decided to take it out some day?" Miya asks with interest.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: May 05, 2014, 07:08:53 pm »

"Well, yes," Jenna answers, "Just have a Priest cast Regenerate and poof! Good as new!"

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: May 05, 2014, 07:18:22 pm »

"Well, yes," Jenna answers, "Just have a Priest cast Regenerate and poof! Good as new!"

"Interesting, I might just do it until this is all over then." Miya says as she rotates the ruby eye slowly. "Thank you Jenna... So I must ask, did you drink Roka's blood last night after your... 'event'?" She says with a slight smile on her face as she waits for her response.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 05, 2014, 07:49:25 pm »

"I don't drink and tell," Jenna winked back.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: May 06, 2014, 04:20:14 pm »

Twenty minutes later, the Samurai were on the outskirts of Sendai (about a mile and a half from the City Gates) - when Yuki and Roka came flying down the mountain in the Air Elemental.

Yuki had the Book of Secrets (and Kirito the Priest was not with them)...

"So, you killed your friend then?" Jenna asked impassively as the two Samurai landed back on the ground nearby.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: May 06, 2014, 04:27:44 pm »

Twenty minutes later, the Samurai were on the outskirts of Sendai (about a mile and a half from the City Gates) - when Yuki and Roka came flying down the mountain in the Air Elemental.

"So, you killed your friend then?" Jenna asked impassively as the two Samurai landed back on the ground nearby.

"A friend wouldn't have betrayed us..." Yuki replies, obviously a bit saddened by the events.

"Anyway, let's hurry back home. We still don't know how much time has passed after all."

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: May 06, 2014, 04:29:27 pm »

"A friend wouldn't have betrayed us..." Yuki replies, obviously a bit saddened by the events.

"Anyway, let's hurry back home. We still don't know how much time has passed after all."

"Yuki may I talk to you alone for a minute."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: May 06, 2014, 04:31:25 pm »

"Yuki may I talk to you alone for a minute."

"Hm? Sure Rai."

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: May 06, 2014, 04:34:40 pm »

"Hm? Sure Rai."

He walks away from the group and says, "Now that you know about my identity. I need to ask you to keep it quiet."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: May 06, 2014, 04:39:13 pm »

He walks away from the group and says, "Now that you know about my identity. I need to ask you to keep it quiet."

"Of course." Yuki replies, confused as to why Rai would request such an obvious thing.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: May 06, 2014, 04:40:57 pm »

"He died protecting the book. That will be how it was known." Roka says, impassively

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: May 06, 2014, 04:41:17 pm »

"Of course." Yuki replies, confused as to why Rai would request such an obvious thing.

"Thanks there are a lot of people who would try to kill me if they found out."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: May 06, 2014, 04:49:09 pm »

"You... You guys killed Kirito?" Udo asks, a rather uneasy complexion. As weird as he was, he was (kinda sorta supposed to be) respected Shinto Priest, it just... Seemed off.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: May 06, 2014, 04:49:17 pm »

"Thanks there are a lot of people who would try to kill me if they found out."

"I suppose there are, hehe." Yuki replies. She then dismisses the air elemental, now that he is no longer needed.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: May 06, 2014, 04:53:53 pm »

"You... You guys killed Kirito?" Udo asks, a rather uneasy complexion. As weird as he was, he was (kinda sorta supposed to be) respected Shinto Priest, it just... Seemed off.

"It was necessary." Roka simply says. "Yuki, can you give the hearthstone to Udo? It would be good."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: May 06, 2014, 04:57:47 pm »

Udo nods, "Um, what does it do?" He asks, it escaping him.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: May 06, 2014, 05:04:01 pm »

Yuki nods and hands Udo the hearthstone.

"It helps you escape things... probably."

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: May 06, 2014, 05:14:29 pm »

Rai pulls up to Roka and asks, "Why do you dislike me so much?"

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: May 06, 2014, 05:17:47 pm »

Yuki nods and hands Udo the hearthstone.

"It helps you escape things... probably."
"Cool, thanks Yuki" He bows slightly before taking it and putting it in a pocket. He looks over to Roka, wondering what he'll answer (or whether he actually hates Rai at all).

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: May 06, 2014, 06:04:10 pm »

Rai pulls up to Roka and asks, "Why do you dislike me so much?"

Roka looks at Rai.

"I don't hate you as a samurai, Rai. I hate how you would be." Roka simply states, riding ahead.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 06:07:31 pm by Aman »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: May 06, 2014, 06:05:32 pm »

As the Samurai came to the wall of their beloved city, they saw that the Gates of Sendai still stood and looked the same as when they had left – however long ago that was...

As they approached, they could see that it was manned by new Doshin and Samurai Yoriki of the Chief Magistrate.

When those in the way station noticed the Samurai approaching, they cautiously came out to meet them, hands ready on their weapons, but not having drawn them yet – “Hold travelers! Please prepare to present your papers in the name of the Daimyo!”

Showing their slightly dated papers and satisfying the proper protocols, the Samurai were able to inquire as to what day and year it was, explaining simply that they had been occupied in the mountains for some time and had lost track.

“It is the 1st Day of Spring… 1306,” a Yoriki answered with a short bow.

Eight years and eight months.

So they had jumped into the future, but no so far that things would be drastically different (except for the Korean fellow Lee – who was utterly screwed the moment he inadvertently lost his way in the Spirit World).

Everyone else inwardly sighed in relief, except Yuki, who was struck with the realization that her Mother had been watching and caring for Kioko for nearly a decade – nearly ten years of having to answer the question ‘when will my big sister return to take me home to my real mother?’

Did So-Kitsune spirits even age? Yuki’s Mother certainly would have. Yuki could feel the lonely disappointment of years that must have dragged on for the poor little fox girl who had trusted Yuki to return and take her home.

Entering the city and straightaway reporting to the Chief Magistrate, the company found Noburu Saito quite surprised that they were yet alive – as the City of Sendai had thought the Samurai Yoriki of Sendai lost, after they had failed to return from some great quest for the reclusive Master Wu-Jen Yunikawa.

The whole thing was simply astounding.

Since the Samurai had still not returned to Sendai a year after their leaving, new Yoriki and Doshin had been chosen to replace them, taking over the duties of protecting the City in the Daimyo’s name.

And because the word of the Daimyo had not officially changed concerning them in regard to their service to Master Yunikawa, it was decided that the Samurai must first return to Yunikawa, before their position in Sendai could be re-evaluated. Once they had finished their business with Yunikawa, messengers would be sent to Edo to find out what the Daimyo would have them do then.

---

Leaving the Chief Magistrate, everyone returned to their homes. It was a joyous reunion with friends and family – especially for Yuki, with her mother and little Kioko – who had not aged a bit – and was absolutely ecstatic to see Yuki once again, showering her in hugs and kisses and asking her to tell all about the wonderful adventures she must have had.

It seemed that Kioko had no concept of long term; apparently staying in a constant perception of time where she thought it had only been a few weeks since she got lost and ended up staying with Yuki’s Mother.

Yuki’s mother however (and the rest of Sendai for that matter) looked aged. And some had passed on and others had come up in their stead.

Notably, was the passing of Exalted Patriarch Yukio Onishi – the former High Priest of Sendai, Advisor to the Daimyo, Exalted Patriarch of the Temple of Five Gods in Sendai, and Highest Ranking member of Sendai’s Spiritual Community for most of his life.

He was replaced by Exalted Patriarch Yasuo Sanjo – now High Priest of Sendai, Advisor to the Daimyo, Exalted Patriarch of Sendai’s Shrine of the Ancestors, and the current Highest Ranking member of Sendai’s Spiritual Community.

Replacing his old position, as Sendai’s Second Highest Ranking member of Sendai’s Spiritual Community, is High-Priest Midori Onishi – High-Priest of Sendai’s Temple of The Five Gods.

Lastly, the Samurai are informed, via a package that finds its way to Rai, that the Nezumi Shaman Split-Tooth (the brother of Thorn and Shaman Leader of the Mountain Shadow Nezumi Clan) has also passed away in their absence.

Rai also discovers a magic chain and sickle in the package – a parting gift from Split Tooth to help restore him to the throne of Nippon.

---

And so, the Samurai of Sendai would rest for a day or so and then head out to Master Yunikawa’s place. They still had the Book of Secrets to deliver (after Yuki had a chance to get it to the Sendai Order of Arcanum for copying) and a special little foxgirl who needed help finding her way home…

---

END

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: May 11, 2014, 01:39:33 pm »

EPILOG
A Strange Messenger

Early on the morning following the Samurais' return to Sendai, Yuki Shirahata sat at breakfast in the front room of her mother’s family manor with little Kioko. As she sipped hot tea and considered what lie ahead for herself and the other time-displaced Samurai, a light rapping sound came to the door.

Seeing to the door, Yuki opened it to find no one there. Had she not just returned from a harrowing journey into the Spirit world, she might have dismissed the sound as a mischievous boy playing a prank – but activating her Sorcerer’s Sight, a small spirit came into view.

The spirit appeared as a small calligraphy brush standing upright near Yuki’s foot. Upon realizing that Yuki could see it, the spirit bowed and moved into the home, leaving a line of black ink on the ground behind it as it went along.

Kioko meanwhile, came along to see who was at the door and burst out laughing – “Oh my goodness! It’s making a mess all over the floor! Hee hee!”

Ignoring Kioko and drawing itself to a table, the calligraphy spirit flipped itself up and bowed again, before standing still.

“It wants a paper,” Kioko pointed out; and sure enough, the table it had hopped onto was indeed a writing desk.

Placing a large piece of parchment before the spirit, Yuki and Kioko watched as it hopped suddenly onto the paper and began scribing a message:

“Yuki-san, I am very glad to see that you and your fellow Samurai have made it back into the physical world and trust you have successfully recovered the Book of Secrets.”

“I am not currently at my mountain home, but will be arriving personally in Sendai one week hence. Wait for me there and alert the others of my impending arrival.”

“Uncle Yunikawa.”

Upon finishing the letter, the calligraphy spirit bowed once more and vanished back into the Spirit world.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 02:54:41 pm by BerkaZerka »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Up