Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mayhem Thread  (Read 577605 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Mayhem Thread
« Reply #1350 on: June 29, 2016, 03:17:54 pm »

That's not something you see everyday.  ;D

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: September 01, 2016, 02:10:51 pm »

Drats! I accidently purged my Character write-ups for this in the last forum clean-up, haha! (May have to delve the backup to get them back...)

The Rocky Horror Muppet Show   
Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem have been hired to play a gig at a convention deep in the English countryside at the castle of one Dr. Frank-N-Furter (a scientist). Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Gonzo the Great, and Fozzie Bear are along for the ride, to help the band set up for the show; while Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and his faithful assistant Beaker have been invited to sit as ‘special guests’ on a scientific panel to be held during the con. Why anyone would hold a ‘Transylvanian Convention’ in the first place, much less use it as a discourse for scientific discussion, is anyone’s guess – but you got to admit, Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem sound pretty sweet playing that ‘Let's Do the Time Warp, Again’ number they’ve been working on lately…

Arthesul

• BHB Titan
  • Professional
  • Flying bears, now THAT'S a scary thought!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: September 01, 2016, 03:46:41 pm »

Looks to me like Capybaras get all the pussy.
Shitty shitters shit shitty shits shittily shitting shittier shits.
See? Fark isn't the only word you can make a sentence out of!

Arthesul

• BHB Titan
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: September 01, 2016, 03:47:53 pm »

Drats! I accidently purged my Character write-ups for this in the last forum clean-up, haha! (May have to delve the backup to get them back...)

The Rocky Horror Muppet Show   
Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem have been hired to play a gig at a convention deep in the English countryside at the castle of one Dr. Frank-N-Furter (a scientist). Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Gonzo the Great, and Fozzie Bear are along for the ride, to help the band set up for the show; while Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and his faithful assistant Beaker have been invited to sit as ‘special guests’ on a scientific panel to be held during the con. Why anyone would hold a ‘Transylvanian Convention’ in the first place, much less use it as a discourse for scientific discussion, is anyone’s guess – but you got to admit, Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem sound pretty sweet playing that ‘Let's Do the Time Warp, Again’ number they’ve been working on lately…

Pff. Nothing happy could possibly come out of that!

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: September 01, 2016, 03:53:06 pm »

It's already been restored haha!

Malkalack

• Bounty Head
  • Prolific shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: September 01, 2016, 05:22:53 pm »

Aman, can you give me a really quick crash course in Jewish funeral customs? My grandfather passed unexpectedly last night, and I've no idea what to expect, and I'm worried about making an ass of myself and causing offense.
doot doot thank mr skeltal

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: September 01, 2016, 06:18:36 pm »

Oh shit sorry to hear man.

The funeral itself is pretty simple, like family members talk and then they bury the body. If you're visiting family of the deceased, they may be sitting 'shiva' which means that they sit on low couches, don't shower, and you don't say hello or how are you. General greeting is like "I'm sorry for you loss" or something. You yourself wouldn't sit on the lower seats, though sometimes that rule isn't followed do idk.

Malkalack

• Bounty Head
  • Prolific shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: September 01, 2016, 06:19:48 pm »

Thanks man. Appreciated.

Arthesul

• BHB Titan
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: September 06, 2016, 02:43:04 pm »

@Mizal
@Iavtatus

There's a nice coloring book out there for the discerning crayon-user. You may be interested.

Image result for adult coloring book twat waffle

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: September 06, 2016, 03:58:53 pm »

Pretty light for an entire book.

Arthesul

• BHB Titan
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: September 06, 2016, 04:08:28 pm »

There's more pages, that's just one you can download off the internet and print, apparently.

mizal

• Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: September 06, 2016, 08:29:30 pm »

@Mizal
@Iavtatus

There's a nice coloring book out there for the discerning crayon-user. You may be interested.

Image result for adult coloring book twat waffle

Ahahaha, nice. Many thanks to the mysterious stranger who pointed me to this thread. If I could only acquire a printable copy I would totally color it and frame it on my wall. To confuse people.

Soundstorm

« Reply #1362 on: September 07, 2016, 03:49:01 pm »

Would be fitting for you to have.

Arthesul

• BHB Titan
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: September 07, 2016, 09:58:05 pm »

I just started watching "Shaolin Vs. Evil Dead". I can't find anything in English, so I'm sort of just watching it without  understanding anything and hoping I'll be able to derive the plot through the universal language of violence. I'm not exactly sure if it's related to THE Evil Dead, or if it's just a happy badly-translated coincidence, but it stars Gordon Liu, who's a bit like the Chinese Bruce Campbell, so it adds up well enough. It's got all the bizarre heroism of Captain Kronos and the batshit insane wonderfulness of Evil Dead and Army of Darkness, and I'm sure Gordon Liu is a very funny Ash or a very funny Kronos depending. He's got the presence of a man who's "serious" through even the thickest cheese, but he might just be written with a very dry sense of humor. I don't know, it's up to interpretation, the movie's still funny and awesome.

Anyway, it's about a Kung-Fu Wizard Doctor rustlin' his herd of enthralled vampires across the plains of maybe-but-it's-hard-to-tell Feudal China. He runs into a spooky town, and, despite the fact that noodles have already been made for him and his Vampire Ranchhands (Possibly his sons, I dunno.) Gordon immediately knows that some serious shit's going down when they enter the abandoned restaurant.

It turns out, it was actually all an illusion. The whole place is gray and abandoned, the noodles are bowls of worms, and the citizens who came out of nowhere and grabbed them are actually zombies. How does he figure this out? By telling his youngest ranchhand to piss on the floor and using it to cast a spell. By stabbing the piss-puddle with his enchanted wizard sword. I shit you not.

But these aren't just any zombies, these are Evil Dead zombies, which means they're actually demons in corpses. Some even turn on each other like Doom monsters! The trio of vampire ranchers battle these creatures by Kung-Fuing them and stamping their foreheads with soul balls, a process that sucks up the demons and sort of turns them off.

They also meet another Kung Fu Doctor Wizard, possibly an old rival, since he and Gandalf Liu seem to recognize each other, and the "plot" "thickens" further as it shows not only the conflict between Zombies and Shaolin Vampire-Cowboys, but also the conflict between the vampire cowboys and the other Kung Fu wizard and his student.

There's also a zombie dwarf who sabotages them by shoving the kung fu wizard's thralls and thus jostling the safety-dollars off from the vampire herd. The vampires try to poke the ranchers to death, and after all the vampires are rounded up again, the zombie dwarf politely apologizes and walks away casually. He shows up again, but he's usually more "Friendly Dead" than "Evil Dead". I can't understand any of the dialogue, so I'm just going to assume he's just being a dick and they can't spirit-ball him if he says sorry.

Interesting to watch, whether you can understand what they're saying or not, I'd give it a 6-7/10. If you have a spare hour and the ability to watch youtube, I'd recommend looking it up. I'd also reccommend looking up Captain Kronos Vampire Hunter, which is also unabashedly corny enough to be a good time and is also free on Youtube.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 10:13:53 pm by Arthesul »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: September 07, 2016, 10:12:46 pm »

Man, I really didnt want to spend time watching shit in college sent, but now I feel like I have to.

Arthesul

• BHB Titan
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: September 07, 2016, 10:16:32 pm »

Man, I really didnt want to spend time watching shit in college sent, but now I feel like I have to.

It's just one movie! Consider it a reward for passing your next final or something! Next time you have free time, right?  ;D

Arthesul

• BHB Titan
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: September 28, 2016, 09:50:39 pm »

I've looked into Chinese Vampires some more ever since I started getting shit down for the spooky story contest. The whole sword-spell thing isn't quite so non-sequitur in the movie now that I know that a virgin boy's piss is known to Fark with Jiangshi and some other demons in Chinese folklore. Not as funny now that I know why the hell they did that, but I guess it's funnier knowing that that's an actual thing in demon combat. I mean, Fark crossbow bolts filled with innocent tears, right?

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: September 28, 2016, 10:07:51 pm »

Look up Kindred of the East! It sounds super cool and I want to play a game in that setting ha ha

Malkalack

• Bounty Head
  • Prolific shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: October 16, 2016, 11:06:49 pm »

Arthesul

• BHB Titan
  • Professional
    • View Profile

King Playa

• Mob Boss
  • Fark 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: October 19, 2016, 01:27:26 am »

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/oct/16/how-germany-treats-paedophiles-before-they-offend

Woooo,  let's put a bunch of pedophiles in the same room so they can link up after therapy to share pictures and tips on abducting children!  Seriously,  all jail ever taught me was how to be a better criminal, and all drug treatment ever did is help me make connections.

Therapy doesn't stop what you're attracted to,  man. That's why all those gay conversion treatments are bullshit. The only thing that'll stop someone from acting on those thoughts are their own morality or fear of societal punishment/stigma. If they need therapy to get the fact that touching kids is wrong, they're gonna slip at some point.

Fingers crossed the Germans are doing this just to keep tabs on the kid Farkers.
What do you call a black guy in the hood? A stereotype you racist bastard!

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: October 19, 2016, 09:33:36 am »

Woooo,  let's put a bunch of pedophiles in the same room so they can link up after therapy to share pictures and tips on abducting children!  Seriously,  all jail ever taught me was how to be a better criminal, and all drug treatment ever did is help me make connections.

Therapy doesn't stop what you're attracted to,  man. That's why all those gay conversion treatments are bullshit. The only thing that'll stop someone from acting on those thoughts are their own morality or fear of societal punishment/stigma. If they need therapy to get the fact that touching kids is wrong, they're gonna slip at some point.

Fingers crossed the Germans are doing this just to keep tabs on the kid Farkers.

We get that you're biased man, but that's not even the point of the therapy.

And some people do need to be told some laughably simple things. I was at goodwill and over heard a conversation between an employee and the people he was trying to help about how you probably shouldn't jump someone who is alone with 7 guys to beat the shit out of him just because he offended you. And that just becuase you're upset that your hockey team lost doesnt mean you need to start a fight.

These were guys in their 30s or so.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 09:39:19 am by killa_robot »

King Playa

• Mob Boss
  • Fark 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: October 19, 2016, 11:24:59 am »

We get that you're biased man, but that's not even the point of the therapy.

And some people do need to be told some laughably simple things. I was at goodwill and over heard a conversation between an employee and the people he was trying to help about how you probably shouldn't jump someone who is alone with 7 guys to beat the shit out of him just because he offended you. And that just becuase you're upset that your hockey team lost doesnt mean you need to start a fight.

These were guys in their 30s or so.

Exactly my point,  that dude is 30 years old,  and he doesn't have the point drilled in his head already? I don't see how talking to a counselor or going to a group session will alter his thought process on the matter, considering societal cues over the course of three decades couldn't get the point across that jumping someone over a hockey game is no Bueno.

The fact of that matter is,  if you put a bunch of people in the same room who all have one thing in common,  whether it be pedophilia, drug addiction,  criminality, or even just knitting, all its gonna do is teach those people how to Hone their craft. Yeah,  maybe a few will get the point if they're young enough or if their actions have decreased their quality of life, but by and large putting people with criminal tendencies into contact with other people with the same tendencies just leads to better criminals.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: October 19, 2016, 11:42:57 am »

But these aren't people with criminal tendencies? They're people who admit they're attracted to kids. Attraction isn't their choice.

King Playa

• Mob Boss
  • Fark 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: October 19, 2016, 11:56:01 am »

Third paragraph under the "Diagnosis" heading states that the guy,  Max Weber,  planned out three attacks on children but didn't carry them out due to fear.

How is that not a criminal tendency? It happens all the time with gunmen about to rob a bank.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: October 19, 2016, 12:47:39 pm »

Lots of people think about or plan things that they never actually do. The fact that he is trying this program instead should show he doesn't actually want to do these things, or that at the very least he recognizes he shouldn't.

I don't think what they're doing will actually accomplish much, but it's a better direction than simply "burn everyone who has impure thoughts!". Making them hide away is just going to increase the chances of them doing something.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: May 25, 2017, 09:34:17 pm »

Did anyone else watch the new Samurai Jack season? Was phenomenal.

(Roy was pretty much 100% based off of the Scotsman from the show)

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: October 28, 2021, 08:50:59 pm »

Anyone watch the Netflix BHB show yet? Thinking this weekend I’ll watch an episode or two +

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: October 30, 2021, 04:45:24 pm »

Binge watched the original series on Netflix this week. Looking forward to the new live action ones!

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: November 02, 2021, 11:29:35 am »

As I'm a got damned weeb I watched the series ages ago when I got curious about the name and BhB PbP games we ran. Also. Spike is <3.

And I'll have you know I've improved in the roleplaying area since then (Have yet to play a female character after that last fiasko here though ;D )

Hope you guys are doing well!

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: November 03, 2021, 08:58:48 pm »

Yeah I’m really pumped for the live action looks so fun
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28]   Go Up