Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DND 5e, anyone familiar?  (Read 5670 times)

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
DND 5e, anyone familiar?
« on: May 25, 2017, 03:36:21 pm »

So, currently Im a player in a dnd5e campaign and DM for a different game.

I've only played in the 4e system and found it unwieldy and rule heavy, if still fun.

5e feels so much nicer for new players and is way better for quick flowing games as things dont get bogged down in rules and floating modifiers. for anyone unaware they entirely scrapped the systems where you would have 2items and 3 buffs and height advantage and surprise giving you +x while distance and obscured sight give -x etc. etc. (This sucked in flowing combat as you had to recalculate everything each turn if you move or buffs change or target moved etc.) while now you simply roll normally, with advantage or disadvantage and get to leave out all the fiddly bits.

so basically yeh Im really enjoying the playing and Dming. Anyone else played 5e?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 03:49:56 pm by Forge »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: DND 5e, anyone familiar?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 04:46:30 pm »

http://willsaveworldforgold.com/

This is all the experience I have with 5e

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 05:51:24 pm »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 06:24:14 pm »

Sadly thats based off 4e lol

the compllex and occasionally rediculous rules of 4e is why ardon can keep exploiting things

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 10:41:41 am »

3E was the last campaign I ran tabletop - It took PCs from level 1 all the way to level 25 over nine or ten main adventures.

Things began to bog down in 3E around level 10 and by level 20, a single encounter would take hours to resolve. This was back when we'd play ten hours every Saturday.

I'd love to pick up 5E, but my only face-to-face gaming I get to do now is Gaming Conventions every now and then.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 05:22:29 pm »

yeh the older rules and things just seemed to bog down the stronger you got and the more abilities or items you had, hense why I like 5e so much, the only thing that takes longer in a fight is you roll a few more dice and get to hit (or cast) more than once
Pages: [1]   Go Up