Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Mythic Nippon Adventure IV  (Read 178991 times)

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
Re: Mythic Nippon Adventure IV
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2014, 08:10:34 am »

Rai shakes his head and says, "I am sure that a pierst will be able to heal this more quickly then surgery."
But surgery's fun
"Well, I guess you'll have to wait in pain until a priest comes, or Yunikawa if he has that... Sphere thing that Sakura didn't have." Udo frowns, but gets up.

He looks at Mrs. Shirahata and sighs, not sure how to comfort someone aside from patting them on the back or something.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2014, 04:29:34 pm »

As Roka speeds through the house, cleaning up, he comes to the point where he needs to decide what to do with the bodies.

“Wrap them in silk and lay them out in the cherry grove,” Lady Shirahata says, regaining her composure.

“I will go and open the Zen Archery School to receive Yunikawa, rather than have him enter this place before the taint of death can be removed from it.”

“You Samurai meet him and direct him there, while I procure some servants and a cook to attend to the evening.”

With that, Lady Sirihata leaves the house – still dressed in her blood-soaked clothing.

---

After cleaning and binding their wounds, the Samurai wake Yuki, explaining that her mother left to go open the Archery School.

Up on the road meanwhile, Miya is waiting for Yunikawa when two of his Samurai-ko suddenly step out from the shadows nearby – “What has proceeded here? What is the meaning of this?” They ask, looking at Miya’s wounds.

Yunikawa as yet, is nowhere to be seen…

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
  • Miya Sugai (Mythic Nippon)
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2014, 06:07:53 pm »

"Nothing we couldn't handle. If need be, the rest of the samurai can explain it if they wish too. It's not my place."
 Miya gives a weary and weak smile. Perhaps she is still troubled by the earlier Illusion.
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years." -Unknown
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2014, 07:52:30 pm »

Yuki remains silent after being woken back up. She waits at the front of the house to receive Yunikawa and inform him of the change in location.

cool74

• Cowboy
  • Sometimes good people do bad things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2014, 09:09:26 pm »

Rai bandaged but still not doing well moves to wait with Yuki. He slowly puts his hand on her shoulder and says, "You can go on ahead. I know you don't really want to deal with any of these right now." Trying to be comforting.
Ideals are peaceful; history is violent.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2014, 09:48:52 pm »

Roka nods towards lady Shiratahara, and goes quickly to find some silk and wrap the bodies, and then pulls them to the cherry.

Then, Roka moves over towards the exit of the house, and looks towards Rai and Yuki.

"Yuki, we will get her back. If you want, we can arrange to jail Lee for what he did. Whatever you need, just ask." Roka says, smiling comfortingly, and then looks ahead.

"Alright, so we redirect Yukinawa to the school. Dammit, we should of been able to stop this. Damn." Roka mutters to himself.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2014, 10:22:23 pm »

Roka nods towards lady Shiratahara, and goes quickly to find some silk and wrap the bodies, and then pulls them to the cherry.

Then, Roka moves over towards the exit of the house, and looks towards Rai and Yuki.

"Yuki, we will get her back. If you want, we can arrange to jail Lee for what he did. Whatever you need, just ask." Roka says, smiling comfortingly, and then looks ahead.

"Alright, so we redirect Yukinawa to the school. Dammit, we should of been able to stop this. Damn." Roka mutters to himself.

Rai shakes his head, and says solemly, "I am just as upset aas you are that we didn't come earlier. But we did everything we could at that moment and time to save Yuki's mother. That is all we could have done." He hopes Yuki doesn't want to imprision lee. He was under the effects of illusions and shouldn't have to be punished for it.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2014, 10:28:12 pm »

Yuki glances at Rai but doesn't say anything in return. While she doesn't think it will help, she pulls out her lopan and tries to summon Kioko, hoping it will help guide her back to them.

When Roka arrives, Yuki thinks about what Roka says before answering.

"We shouldn't have brought him with us. Had he not been with us, we would have been fine." Yuki replies.

"We'll have to pay back the Kistune for what she did. She tortured my mother, killed the servants of our household, and made Kioko suffer through death twice now... I won't forgive her. She'll pay for what she's done to my family." Yuki says, clenching her fist.

"As for Lee... I don't know yet. The Korean didn't intend to harm us, or Kioko... but what he's done can't go unpunished."

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2014, 10:47:50 pm »

"We'll have to pay back the Kistune for what she did. She tortured my mother, killed the servants of our household, and made Kioko suffer through death twice now... I won't forgive her. She'll pay for what she's done to my family." Yuki says, clenching her fist.

"As for Lee... I don't know yet. The Korean didn't intend to harm us, or Kioko... but what he's done can't go unpunished."
Rai looks at Yuki seeing her darkside for the first time and says, "I agree we should fine and kill the Kistune for her crimes. How are we going to do that?  Also don't you think Lee has been punished enough? He has been thrust 400 years into a future where everyone he knows is dead and no one treats him like a person."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2014, 11:00:10 pm »

"We ask Uncle Yunikawa" Yuki states, ignoring Rai's comment about Lee.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 30, 2014, 06:41:08 am »

"We shouldn't have brought him with us. Had he not been with us, we would have been fine." Yuki replies.

Roka nods.

"Don't worry. That bitch will be back. When she returns for my kid I'll let you know." Roka states, nodding.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 30, 2014, 03:49:40 pm »

Rai looks at Yuki seeing her darkside for the first time and says, "I agree we should fine and kill the Kistune for her crimes. How are we going to do that?  Also don't you think Lee has been punished enough? He has been thrust 400 years into a future where everyone he knows is dead and no one treats him like a person."
"Uh, he's treated like a commoner?" Udo says, rubbing his temples. "Unsure what to do else now though, especially with Lee. Illusions or not, it was murder...ish."

"I dunno." He unhelpfully adds on, "But we should get to Yunikawa, maybe he can help us finish off that evil spirit, as well as explain to us is time-distortion thing that seems to be going on."
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 03:51:53 pm by Tanstaafl »

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
  • Keitaro Hokusai, the Drunken Ox of Sendai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 30, 2014, 04:54:08 pm »

Lee picks himself up and looks around, he take sin the carnage and devastation and commits it to memory. I will never forget this day, and if I live to encounter that kitsune again... well, Omens or not, I will defy the god creature and slit her throat.

He moves towards Rai slowly, clearly still upset, shaken, and now down right pissed off that he wasn't good enough to see that he was being toyed with.

"Rai, I..." He looks down at his feet for a moment. "I am sorry. Is there anything I can do to help?"
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 30, 2014, 05:04:29 pm »

Lee picks himself up and looks around, he take sin the carnage and devastation and commits it to memory. I will never forget this day, and if I live to encounter that kitsune again... well, Omens or not, I will defy the god creature and slit her throat.

He moves towards Rai slowly, clearly still upset, shaken, and now down right pissed off that he wasn't good enough to see that he was being toyed with.

"Rai, I..." He looks down at his feet for a moment. "I am sorry. Is there anything I can do to help?"

Rai looks at him and says, "The best thing for you to do right now is to go to the archery school." (Assuming this was part of his teachings last week.)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 30, 2014, 05:10:44 pm »

As Miya utterly refused to offer any helpful information, the Master Wu-Jen Yunikawa and his two other Samurai-ko (one of which is Jenna) walked onto the scene – the two Samurai-ko carrying a large iron chest on a litter between them.

“There was a battle,” one of the advanced vampire’s says to Yunikawa, “much death here, but all of it common blood. A powerful spirit left it’s mark.”

“Yes, I can see,” Yunikawa replied; then asked Miya – “do any of you need healing? Is Lady Shirahata all right?”

At that point, the rest of the Samurai came up from the house…

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 30, 2014, 06:08:19 pm »

Roka suddenly sees the Wujen and moves up towards the group, and bows towards the man.

"Uncle, it is good to finally be able to fulfill our mission. There was a... Scuffle at the Shiratahara house, which we would have been able to easily dispatch on our own, had an ally not manage to open fire on us all. And..." Roka says, looking back at Yuki, and then begins to whisper.

"He killed Kioko, the little spirit girl."

"We are sorry for our failure in taking care of the girl, but Lady Shiratahara quickly went to prepare for you at the school of archery."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 30, 2014, 06:14:01 pm »

"We're relocating to the Zen Archery School. Our home isn't fit to receive you at the moment. We were attacked by a kitsune. Everyone is okay, except for Kioko..." Yuki replies.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 30, 2014, 06:16:29 pm »

"Kitsune? And the so-Kitsune was killed?" Yunikawa repeats with a slightly incensed look on his face.

"Well then, you had better go get her," he says, casting the Gate spell, "She will be very frightened if she finds herself alone in the Spirit World with no one to protect her..."

Looking, the Samurai can see that the Gate Yunikawa creates doesn't actually go anywhere - it just breaches the barrier between worlds - where on one side is Sendai and all of its buildings, and on the other, just desolate wilderness.

This is the same place the Samurai had come to when Kirito the Priest had first tried to Teleport them from the Naga Shrine to Sendai, while still in the Spirit World...

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 30, 2014, 06:18:15 pm »

Rai bows to uncle and says, "Udo manged to patch me up so that I could function but I still need some healing, Uncle."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 30, 2014, 06:19:20 pm »

Roka nods, bowing, and immediately goes through the gate, and starts a search for Kioko.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 30, 2014, 06:20:52 pm »

"Thank you Uncle Yunikawa." Yuki says with a short bow, quickly running through the gate to search for Kioko.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 30, 2014, 06:23:27 pm »

"Of course," Yunikawa replies to Rai and begins casting Close Wounds on all who need it.

He then summons a Water Elemental and instructs it - "Go into the Shirahata home and sanitize it of all blood trace."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 30, 2014, 06:24:59 pm »

"Many thanks, Uncle"
Udo bows quickly and follows through the spirit gate.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 30, 2014, 06:36:34 pm »

Upon reaching the other side, Yuki will cast divine location to try and locate Kioko.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 30, 2014, 08:32:30 pm »

"I am sorry for not telling you right away before. Thank you again."
 Miya says this to 'Uncle' before quickly following through the portal again to help Yuki.

Upon finding Yuki she says.
 "Don't worry Yuki, we will find Kioko. Trust me."
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2014, 10:12:00 pm »

"Uhm, Uncle, Sir? I would like to help get the girl. It is my fault she is dead..." He looks serious, but still emotionally distraught.
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 30, 2014, 10:42:08 pm »

Rai says, "Thank you Uncle. I will lead you to the archery school while the others search for Kioko." Rai says with a bow.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 11:13:53 pm by cool74 »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 31, 2014, 01:53:51 pm »

The Master Wu-Jen Yunikawa regards Lee, looking him up and down as if trying to deduce where he came from and then replies – “Nonsense young man. The girl is a spirit; though she does not know that and I’ll warn you not to tell her so.”

Then to Rai’s offer to lead him to the Archery School, Yunikawa declines – “No, this will not take long. We will wait.”

On the other side of the Gate meanwhile, the Samurai spread out to look for Kioko.

Yuki activates Divine Location and sees a single line pointing in the direction of the Naga Shrine many miles north-by-northeast into the mountains. As she watches her Lopan however, she actually sees a second line abruptly form – pointing directly at Kioko as she suddenly materializes only a few feet away. As Yuki had seen before, there are once again two lines to Kioko/Sakura…

When Kioko appears, she looks around in bewilderment for a moment and then sees Yuki. Running to Yuki and wrapping her in her small arms, the little fox girl burst into tears – “Oh Yuki! She got Mama Shirahata! She made her hurt the people!”

Then a shrill squeak is heard and the little luminous spirit familiar thing materializes – only to fall out of the air and splat onto the ground in a cloud of dust. It too looks confused and shakes itself off, before floating into the air again and finding Kioko’s shoulder – where it snuggles in and coos softly, as if trying to console the little girl.

“Ah, now that you have her, bring her out quickly, Yunikawa says, looking in from the physical side of the Gate.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 03:34:10 pm by BerkaZerka »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 31, 2014, 02:25:21 pm »

"Dont worry Kioko, we took care of her." Yuki assures Kioko, hugging her back.

"Everyone's fine, dont worry. Come, I'll bring you to Mama Shirahata. " Yuki says, leading Kioko back through the gate.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 31, 2014, 02:30:37 pm »

Rai nods his head and procedes to wait for the other samurai.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 31, 2014, 03:43:46 pm »

Waiting for the others Lee wonders what he will say to the old man. Should he tell him about the past/future situation? "Rai" he whispers softly "Should I tell him about my situation?"

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 31, 2014, 03:47:09 pm »

Waiting for the others Lee wonders what he will say to the old man. Should he tell him about the past/future situation? "Rai" he whispers softly "Should I tell him about my situation?"

Rai nods and says, "He will probably be the only one who could help you.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 31, 2014, 03:58:39 pm »

"Everyone's fine, dont worry. Come, I'll bring you to Mama Shirahata. " Yuki says, leading Kioko back through the gate.

Miya follows behind as she watches the two girls reconnect after the incident.
 She shakes her head in amusement as she walks through the gate.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 31, 2014, 08:54:56 pm »

Udo considers running away and taking a look at Mt. Fuji from the spirit side of things, but decides that that would be really dumb rut now.

With a sigh, he nods at Kioko and goes through the portal again.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 31, 2014, 08:56:21 pm »

"Thank the gods that we found you." Roka says with a smile, following the two back out.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 01, 2014, 12:33:33 pm »

Once everyone had come back through the gate, Yunikawa closed it and then looked the Samurai over.

Their clothing was a mess – everyone but Kioko covered in blood.

“One moment,” Yunikawa said to the Samurai; “We can’t meet Lady Shirahata looking like this.”

He then cast Spiff and touching each Samuria and Lee in turn, instantly cleaned and polished their apparel.

“Better,” he said satisfied and then allowed Rai to lead him to the Zen Archery School.

There, Lady Shirahata had somehow procured another cook and servants.

Yuki recognized them as the staff of one of the neighboring noble families that her mother got along really well with.

Lady Shirihata was also dressed in a clean Kimono and a meal was quickly being prepared.

“Welcome, Master Yunikawa,” Lady Shirahata said, ushering everyone in – showing no hint in her demeanor that anything at all amiss had just happened tonight.

Kioko on the other hand, was not so stoic and rushed to Lady Shirahata to break down in tears once more.

Lady Shirahata took a moment to console the child and tell her that everything was now alright; that the Samurai had defeated the evil woman; and that Kioko should stay with her ‘sister’ Yuki, while Lady Shirahata attended to the dinner.

Kioko, still shaken by the evening, did as she was asked, but didn’t feel like eating. She just sat between Yuki and Miya and took the little spirit familiar off her shoulder to hold it close to the chest under her chin.

The meal was exceptionally fine, but it was hard to enjoy. It was more of a formality that needed to be gotten thorough, due to the overhanging sadness that its relocation to the Archery School represented.

When it was finally over, Yunikawa turned to the Samurai and asked – “May I have the Book?”

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 01, 2014, 12:36:05 pm »

"Of course, Uncle." Roka says, nodding.

"Miya, can you hand the book over? And maybe even show your notes? It might make uncle's job easier." Roka says to Miya.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 01, 2014, 01:48:49 pm »

Rai nodded his head to Miya telling her it was ok for her to hand the book over.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 01, 2014, 03:12:59 pm »

Lee gorged himself. Not out of hunger but he just felt utterly empty inside. He waited for a chance to speak after everything was out of the way.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 01, 2014, 05:33:14 pm »

Rai nodded his head to Miya telling her it was ok for her to hand the book over.

Miya nods and pulls out the book along with her thin stack of notes that she had made during the time she had to study it.

"Here is the book along with the notes I had produced from studying it earlier."
 She says this as she holds them out for 'Uncle' to take.

"If possible, I would like another chance to study the book if you will allow it."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 01, 2014, 06:13:45 pm »

Yunikawa took the book and notes from Miya and looked the book over with a certain degree of reverence – “The sacred text of the Naga – The Book of Secrets,” he whispered in awe.

Opening the book and flipping through the silk pages, he noted the encryption within. Then comparing that to the notes Miya had written, closed the book and spoke – “This is what you worthy Samurai have quested for: a Book of Wisdom, Knowledge, and Arcane Secrets – though it is written in code. I must say Miya, I am very impressed with the start you have made decrypting it. Your notes will prove very useful to that end.”

“And I certainly won’t hesitate to enlist your insights, as needed.”

Then turning to Yuki, he added, “I shall apprize the Order of Arcanum of any progress I make decrypting the rest of it. I trust they shall do the same with their copy.”

Then turning to his Samurai-ko, Yunikawa nodded to the large iron chest on the litter. As he did so, one of the Samurai-ko opened it to reveal a cache of silver and jade bars – it was a substantial fortune worth.

“You have done well – here is your reward. Take it and do what good you can with it – my Samurai-ko are tired of carting it around anyway – ha ha!”

“Good! Then for the moment, I think our business here is done.”

Then with a gesture, Yunikawa dismissed his Borrowed Spells – and immediately, the Samurai felt a sharp prickling sensation run across their arms – reminiscent of all the long thin acupuncture needles they had endured when they had undergone the ritual of needles in Yunikawa’s mountain citadel.

In a flash – like a drop of water on a hot skillet – the knowledge of the spells they had borrowed from Yunikawa evaporated from their minds. All that is, except for a small spark of it, that seemed to linger in the back of Yuki’s mind for some strange reason…
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 06:29:48 pm by BerkaZerka »

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 01, 2014, 07:09:19 pm »

"Uhm.... Master Yukinawa? Hi. Uhm, I am from Korea, 700 years ago. I was hoping that.... Maybe you could help explain why I was here? ...Or something?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 01, 2014, 07:30:14 pm »

"Thank you, my lord." Roka says, with a deep bow, as he sees the fortune set in front of the group. He then glares sharply at Lee, and sighs.

"But, if you do not mind, we have many questions about our trip, and we would love to find answers to them. We.... Well... We found two of our former members in the spirit world, and... Well... They looked alive. It could not be. I witnessed their deaths with my own eyes."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 01, 2014, 07:51:43 pm »

Udo glances at Roka and takes a deep breath, "Yes... Many, many questions, Uncle. From dreams to other experiences we've recently encountered"

He leans forward, and asks, "Uncle Yunikawa, what do you know of Mt. Fuji?" Udo goes on to mention the words he read and what else of note that he saw there.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 01, 2014, 08:43:51 pm »

Yunikawa took the book and notes from Miya and looked the book over with a certain degree of reverence – “The sacred text of the Naga – The Book of Secrets,” he whispered in awe.

Opening the book and flipping through the silk pages, he noted the encryption within. Then comparing that to the notes Miya had written, closed the book and spoke – “This is what you worthy Samurai have quested for: a Book of Wisdom, Knowledge, and Arcane Secrets – though it is written in code. I must say Miya, I am very impressed with the start you have made decrypting it. Your notes will prove very useful to that end.”

“And I certainly won’t hesitate to enlist your insights, as needed.”

"Thank you. It was quite interesting to find the patterns that I have written in my notes."
 Miya gives a respectful bow before shivering from the strange 'needle' sensation she felt as the shared spell leaves her mind.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 01, 2014, 10:33:05 pm »

"Thank you Uncle Yunikawa, but before you go there's something I'd like to ask." Yuki begins.

"When Rai and I arrived at the temple, one of the guardians greeted us by saying 'So, your elder brother has discovered the book of secrets'. Do you know what he meant by that?" She asks.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 02, 2014, 01:27:49 am »

Rai nods his head and says, "I hope you use the book for the good of Nippon."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 02, 2014, 05:06:15 pm »

“Questions…” Yunikawa says, as if mulling over the word – “Well of course, you all deserve as much, for your auspicious success in recovering the Book of Secrets!”

Turning to the Korean Lee, Yunikawa answers, “I’m afraid that you (and these fine Samurai here) have encountered one of the exceedingly rare time ripples that run through the barrier between the Physical and Sprit World.”

“In your journey, you must have at some point inadvertently wandered into the Spirit World through one of these ripples. It took you to another place in time – our time. Because you were with the Samurai when they exited, the residual chronistic energies that you carried caused a smaller harmonic resonance that distorted the Samurai’s own timeline (as you all came through the Spirit Barrier together) – though not to such a great extent as your own.”

“I am afraid that you are not going to be able to go back to your own time. The focus of time is so vast that currently, it takes the entire Earth and surrounding Spirit World to generate even these rare and random ripples. It is not something that mankind can currently control with any real accuracy beyond a few moments.”

“You must make this your world and live life now. I am sorry. But perhaps I can help take your mind off of these things for the present. I will take you on as an emissary, if you are willing.”

“And, that reminds me.” Yunikawa continues, turning to Yuki and Kioko – “While you were away, I had explored a few means of providing a way for Kioko to return to her home, but due to your unexpectedly long delay in returning, I must admit that I got distracted by other projects. I will keep my promise to you though – give me some time and I will call on you when all is ready.”

"As for what the Temple Guardians meant, I cannot say for certain, but perhaps it was a reference to me – as your older brother, so to speak, of the Human Race.”

Then to Roka he replies, "I am amazed to hear this news of your friends – and it confirms a theory that I have long had about what I have come to term ‘the Chosen’ or ‘The Sacifants’.”

“This is one of the major mysteries that I hope the Book of Secrets will fully divulge. And, as soon as I have a few more pieces of the puzzle, I will share the knowledge of it with you.”

Then to Udo, he answers – “Legend has it that Mount Fuji is the final resting place of the Order of Shades – the Five Ancient Shadow Dragons that comprise the Honor Guard of Massaki Dai-Oni – The Father and Foremost of all Demons and Oni.”

“When the Naga finally defeated Massaki Dai-Oni and the five Generals of his demonic army, known as the Circle of Iron, they used Massaki Dai-Oni’s Essence to poison the Five Ancient Shadow Dragons – burying their remains under a Holy Mountain to prevent them ever rising again. Even though the Dragons are long dead, they still occasionally dream – bringing the mouth of Mount Fuji to life with fire, ash, and brimstone.”

Then finally turning to Rai, Yunikawa said – “This book holds a history of the Naga, and within I hope to learn how the Naga overcame the Oni and scattered them into the depths of the earth.”
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 05:08:48 pm by BerkaZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 02, 2014, 05:37:52 pm »

Then to Roka he replies, "I am amazed to hear this news of your friends – and it confirms a theory that I have long had about what I have come to term ‘the Chosen’ or ‘The Sacifants’.”

“This is one of the major mysteries that I hope the Book of Secrets will fully divulge. And, as soon as I have a few more pieces of the puzzle, I will share the knowledge of it with you.”

"I am glad that we were of use to you, Uncle." Roka says, bowing.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 02, 2014, 07:25:09 pm »

"Intresting Uncle. I would love to know that story once you are done with the book." Rai says. "We were happy to be of help." Then getting a thoughtful look he asks, "How did the naga know you were after the book?"

He tries to sense motive when Yukiwara answers. (Using a luck to increase chance for success.)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 08:13:13 pm by cool74 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Up