Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Mythic Nippon Adventure IV  (Read 180769 times)

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
  • Keitaro Hokusai, the Drunken Ox of Sendai.
    • View Profile
Re: Mythic Nippon Adventure IV
« Reply #150 on: June 03, 2014, 12:29:11 am »

"Yes, if I must stay here, and really I have no reason to return anyways, then I woukd be honored to lend my services and my talents to you as an emmisary. If you'll have me, then I am yours to command."
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 03, 2014, 01:00:04 pm »

Udo nods in shock, "I... Uncle Yunikawa, I had a dream about the five dragons back during the mission. It was something like... The 5 elementals were swallowed up and came out as the shadow dragons."

He swallos, straining his brain to recount it correctly, "And then, after that dream, I had a certain, uh, attunement to the Earth itself. It was kinda weird, but what are your thoughts on it?"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 03, 2014, 10:00:54 pm »

"Thank you uncle Yunikawa." Yuki replies, in regards to Kioko.

"What do you mean ‘the Chosen’ and ‘The Sacifants’? What is your theory about?" Yuki asks.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 04, 2014, 04:57:50 pm »

“Very good young Lee,” Yunikawa said to his willingness to become his Emissary – before hearing the other’s ask their questions.

“As you know, Yuki,” Yunikawa answered her first, “we share an attunement to the Naga Shrine in the spirit world, the same that your other two friends shared.”

Then, pointing to Roka and Udo – “and you and you as well.”

“We six, were chosen for some mysterious purpose that ties our fate directly to the Naga Shrine. That is why the Naga know that I was after the Book of Secrets – because they have been watching us. It is why I have long ago taking to hide my line of attunement from their sight through magic of the highest order.”

“Whether it is a blessing or burden, I know not – but as such, we are ‘Chosen’ – but for what? Exaltation? Sacrifice?”

“Only the Book of Secrets can reveal the truth.”

Yunikawa then looked closer at Udo, as if studying him for a moment, and then said – “Yes, you have also attuned with the Earth God somehow. Chosen to be a Ward of the Earth I see. Well, congratulations for that at least. It is an honor as significant as becoming a Wu-Jen or a Priest.”

Then putting his hand to his chin, he thought a bit about the other thing Udo had mentioned.

“Curious, about the other part of your dream – five elementals you say? Yes, there has always been rumored to be a missing ‘fifth element’…”

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 05, 2014, 08:42:15 pm »

"Wood" Udo says, perplexed.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2014, 03:55:25 pm »

"Well, imagine that," Yunikawa replies.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 06, 2014, 04:42:19 pm »

"I, er, apologize if this is a basic question, but, how could there possibly be a missing elemental?" Roka asks, confused.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 06, 2014, 09:24:32 pm »

"In magic, there are four Elements - Fire, Water, Earth, and Air." Yunikawa answers.

"There is not a Wood Element that anyone living today knows of - but it is rumored that there was another Element in the beginning, but whatever happened to it is lost to history."

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
  • Miya Sugai (Mythic Nippon)
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 07, 2014, 12:35:54 am »

"I, er, apologize if this is a basic question, but, how could there possibly be a missing elemental?" Roka asks, confused.

"Well, Energy or Life could be considered an 'elemental'. Maybe that is the lost piece?"
 Miya suggests to him.
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years." -Unknown
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 07, 2014, 09:04:34 am »

"Interesting thought," Yunikawa replies, "But the Element is a physical embodiment of it. I suppose that wood (as a living thing) could represent life energy though."

Then with a sigh, Yunikawa stood to stand and gave a slight bow.

Turning to Lady Shirahata he said. "thank you for this delicious meal and your time and attention, especially given what you had just gone through prior."

"Your home has been cleansed by a water elemental of mine. When you go there, tell it where to bury the bodies of the house servants and it will do so."

Yuki's mother bowed back, but didn't say anything.

Kioko meanwhile, voiced protest at the idea of going back at all - "I don't wan tot go back there!" she said with a high measure of anxiety in her voice. She was still traumatized by what she had seen happen there.

Yuki's Mother gave the child a reassuring smile and then replied, "I'm sure you can go sleep over at your 'big sister's' house tonight."

As Kioko brightened up a bit at the Idea, Yunikawa meanwhile, bid his Samurai-ko to come with him, then he nodded to the Samurai, while the Samuri-ko gave short bows, and they all made their departure.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 09:06:49 am by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 07, 2014, 09:16:30 am »

A moment later, Jenna the Samurai-ko bowed back into the room.

She grinned broadly at Roka and then put on a more serious face to address the Korean man, Lee.

"You, come with me. I am to get you a house and instruct you in your duties as the new Emissary of the Master Wu-Jen Yunikawa."
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 09:19:33 am by BerkaZerka »

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 09, 2014, 10:45:46 am »

Lee bows to the party and follows the odd Samurai out to wherever she is heading.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 04:33:41 pm by BerkaZerka »
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 11, 2014, 07:27:08 pm »

Following Yunikawa’s visit, the old Wu-Jen and three of his four Samurai-ko returned to their mountain home west of Sendai and, as promised by Chief Magistrate Saito, messengers were dispatched to Edo to enquire of the Daimyo what the Samurais’ future in Sendai would be. As Edo was so far away (at three hundred and fifty miles) the round trip of the messengers would take just over a month. Until their return with word from the Daimyo, the Samurai were still at leave to do what they would while waiting (as long as they stayed in Sendai).

A few days after that fateful night with the Kitsune, things began to wind down and Kioko stopped thinking about that horrible event, while the Samurai took the opportunity to relax and catch up with things in their social circles.

---

Not sure what he could do that involved just staying in Sendai, Udo spent some time meditating in the city gardens and thinking out his woeful social skill. With a new determination, he actually began to put some effort in how he presented himself, the clothes he wore, and the words that came out of his mouth.

Almost immediately, Udo found that people stopped finding a reason to be elsewhere whenever he came around, and that some were actually interested in his knowledge of the outdoors and woodland lore.

---

As this went on, Rai worked his underworld connections to make contact with the ninjas, in hopes of beginning to build back up some of the old bridges that had been burned between the ninja clans, while the Samurai were lost in the Spirit World for so long.

Things did not look good, but the clans were at least willing to listen to him. In fact, they hinted that if he could somehow prove himself worthy, by some notably great deed, he would be accepted as the Ninja Master of a new clan to be made in his honor – in the honor of Nippon’s first ‘Ninja Emperor’.

As Ninja Master, Rai would have access to the fabled Ninja Magic that only the Ninja Masters knew. Not to mention his own clan minions and a stronger voice of leadership to help unite the other clans together in the cause of restoring Nippon to its rightful heirs.

--

And speaking of underworld ties, Roka finally got in to see Yone, who really had established herself over the years as Yakuza Boss of Sendai.

At first, she wasn’t really happy to see Roka, feeling that he might be a threat to her hard-won position and power – but after some silver words and a soft caress here and there from Roka, she was willing to trust him – at least while distracted by their love-making…

Yone was certainly a powerful resource though; and well established in the noble hierarchy of Sendai. With a little pull from her and some clever politicking on Roka’s part, Roka managed to elevate his own family name up the social ladder to where they were now the fifth most powerful house in Sendai, right behind the Kashiwagi family.

The trade-off here was that now Roka could do Yone legitimate favors in the Sendai court, while she could take care of the illicit favors in the underworld for him.

---

As all this went on, Yuki spent her time practicing her new magic with Kioko – much to the little fox girl’s absolute delight – and hanging out with Miya.

Both Yuki and Miya would go to visit the Occult Society from time to time to check up on the decoding of the Book of Secrets, but that was coming very slowly – much to the deep frustration to all involved.

Even Miya was allowed to apply herself to the Order’s copy, trying to chip away at the diabolical code the Nagas had used to encrypt it – but still, she made no further progress on it than she had originally.

---

The Korean Lee meanwhile, was set up in a town house with scholarly dress and board. He was then instructed by Jenna the Samurai-ko on how to act as an Emissary of the Wu-Jen Yunikawa – not only in society, but in the courts of Sendai itself.

Lee quickly realized that all this was just a fancy title for ‘Messenger/Errand Boy’ – but at least it came with the free digs and a much higher social status than he had before. The nobles of Sendai actually tolerated his presence, because of who he represented, and while he had no say among them, when he carried Yunikawa’s business, they listened to him.

Right now, Yunikawa’s business has been limited to simply keeping tabs on the progress that the Sendai Order of Arcanum has been making on the Book of Secrets and reporting it back to Jenna, who shows up from time to time – when not hanging all over the Samurai Roka – to take Lee’s report.

Then, most recently, Lee was instructed to set up a private meeting between Yunikawa and Exalted Patriarch Yasuo Sanjo: The High Priest of Sendai and Advisor to the Daimyo. The Exalted Patriarch of Sendai’s Shrine of the Ancestors. The Highest Ranking member of Sendai’s Spiritual Community.

---

As for the Wu-Jen Yunikawa himself, he generally remained reclusive – only coming to the Order of Arcanum a few times to personally compare notes with them concerning their progress with the Book of Secrets. On the occasional run-in with the Samurai, he would acknowledge the promise he had made about Kioko and pledged to devote more time to it shortly. It was clear though, that the majority of his time was being consumed (as was the Order’s) in decrypting the Book of Secrets.

---

Then the day finally came; when the messengers returned from Edo with word of the Daimyo.

The Samurai were all summoned to Chief Magistrate Saito’s home and were treated to the traditional dinner and entertainment – once again seen over by the Chief Magistrate’s brother Juro Saito – before being met at last, by the Chief Magistrate in his official capacity.

He had a number of scrolls, each bearing the Daimyo’s personal seal, and went through them one by one. There was one for each of the Samurai, and all held the Samurais’ future in Sendai and how they would be employed in the service of their Daimyo – it was difficult to wait patiently for the news.

Opening the scrolls, the Samurai saw that they were being reassignment back into the courts of Sendai – the noble circles they had originally been drawn from. While eloquently penned and certainly not the same as having been stripped of rank, the assignments were (deep down) a release from service, and while nothing to consider Seppuku over – were non-the-less a mild embarrassment.

The only way to save Face over it would be to work back into the direct services of the Daimyo again at a later date – to do less would be to admit that they had never belonged in the direct service of the Daimyo in the first place. And there was always the hope that the Daimyo was just waiting for a position to open up for them. They had after all served faithfully and with much success in the Daimyo’s name. A reassignment back into his direct service would erase any embarrassment and vindicate all that the Samurai had done before.

In the meantime though, the Samurai would have to turn in their Tessen Of The Daimyo and Chief Magistrate’s Seal…

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 11, 2014, 07:27:43 pm »

19th Day of Spring’s End 1306
For Honor – For Sendai

The very next day, the Korean Lee, brought officially-sealed messages to all of the Samurai and even one to little Kioko.

They bore the seal of Exalted Patriarch Yasuo Sanjo: High Priest of Sendai, and were a summons to the Temple of the Ancestors – and as the Exalted Patriarch was an Advisor to the Daimyo, this was not a summons that one turned down.

Heeding the call, the Samurai brought Kioko and followed Lee to the temple, where they were met by a High Priest who brought them all reverently into a meeting room deep within the depths of the temple. The room was paneled in the darkest of lacquered woods and accented with gold and red jade. Incense burned at a large and elegant shrine dedicated to the Ancestors and the room had a feeling of holiness to it.

“You are honored to stand in this room,” the High Priest said quietly – “Very few, even of the Priests themselves, are granted such a visit. This is a place where the Ancestors themselves can come to speak directly to the Exalted Patriarch when necessary.”

“Who are they?” asked Kioko, pointing up to empty alcoves above the shrine.

“They are the Stewards of the Ancestors. They record what is spoken here and relay it to the Ancestors – so little one, watch your tongue while you are here.”

“Yes sir!” Kioko replied, putting on her best behavior – then, when she thought no one was looking, she stuck out her tongue, trying to look at it and wondering why it was so important to watch it.

Looking up into the alcoves with their Spirit Sight, Yuki and Udo could see two spirits dressed as courtly scribes. They each held a pen with a long scroll and were busy jotting down details of the meeting even now.

A few moments later, Exalted Patriarch Yasuo Sanjo and the Master Wu-Jen Yunikawa entered the room (and for once, Yunikawa was without his personal guard of beautiful young samurai-ko). After all the proper protocols and bowing had taken place, everyone was directed to sit down in front of the shrine facing the Exalted Patriarch and Yunikawa.

These two great men represented the highest of each of their respective orders – and the fact that they now sat on equal lines, was a tremendous statement. Traditionally, the Wu-Jen and High Priests were considered opposite sides of Ying and Yang. Always fighting each other over something, or vying for political advantage. That they would come together now, and agree to acknowledge themselves as equals, was remarkable. There had to be some great reason behind it – or more than likely, some perceived advantage to be gained by working together for the time being.

Was it the Book of Secret’s? Had they finally broken the code? No, Miya and Yuki would have known about that, and why would they summon Kioko if that was the case?

Then Exalted Patriarch Yasuo Sanjo spoke – “Master Yunikawa and I have summoned you here to lay upon your shoulders an important task. It is one that will bring great honor to Sendai and assure the blessings and delight of the Ancestors upon us for years to come.”

“Now, Master Yunikawa has made known to me of your little So-Kitsune… oh yes, she is a cute one… the poor dear… Ah, but while Master Yunikawa believes he now has the power to return her to the Ancestral Palace, it would not be proper just to show up in such a sacred place unannounced.”

“Therefore, he has come to me for advice in this matter and I have consulted with the Ancestors.”

“True that the Ancestral Palace is not for the living, but the Ancestors have occasionally received those who have proved themselves worthy of a visit.”

“And this brings us to the task in question, and how it relates to your little So-Kitsune – Master Yunikawa?”

“Thank you Exalted Patriarch Sanjo,” Yunikawa said, continuing the conversation – “I can now return Kioko to the Ancestral Palace, but first we must prove ourselves worthy in the eyes of the Ancestors to be allowed a visit to their celestial home.”

“I have found, by delving into the secrets of our past, that a great battle was fought before the fall of Sendai – such as one, that almost repelled the invading Chinese. It occurred outside the village of Kurokawa (one hundred and sixty miles south of Sendai) and was really the last desperate stand of our people before the battle of Sendai.”

“Had those warriors who fought in that battle withdrawn back to Sendai when their cause was lost, they may perhaps have been able to hold Sendai for longer than it was – yet they stayed and fought to the last man.”

“But we do not know of this battle – why? Because the Chinese dishonored themselves afterwards in their haste, by shamefully dumping our fallen heroes into a mass grave without proper burial and destroying the records of the battle, rather than face what they had done.”

“And now there is a great multitude of the disgraced dead that cannot enter the Spirit World until properly buried.”

“You will oversee the recovery of the bones of these heroes and have them brought here to the Temple of the Ancestors, where Exalted Patriarch Sanjo and his priests will bless them and see to their proper burial.”

“This will allow their souls to finally rest and will ensure us an audience in the Ancestral Palace above.”

“Not to mention,” Exalted Patriarch Sanjo interjected, “the glory, honor, and favor of the Ancestors that it will bring to Sendai.”

“Yes,” Yunikawa agreed – “and then, with the Ancestor’s approval, I will bring you all into the Ancestral Palace, where we can see Kioko back to her home (as promised).”

“So then,” Exalted Patriarch Sanjo asked, addressing the Samurai – “do any of you have any questions?”

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 11, 2014, 07:46:13 pm »

Yuki remains silent, eager to set off so that she can return Kioko to where she belongs.

cool74

• Cowboy
  • Sometimes good people do bad things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 11, 2014, 07:50:11 pm »

Rai's rage at another indiscretion that the Chinesse caused to the noble men of Sendai nearly breaks through his façade of clam and he asks, "If records were destroyed, how do we know where they were buried? Also, wouldn't it be better for the Daymio's new subbordintes to do this task?"
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 09:13:47 pm by cool74 »
Ideals are peaceful; history is violent.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 12, 2014, 12:07:15 am »

Roka glares at Rai, shocked at what he said.

"This is an amaizing honor, my lords. Not only can we assist our own friend, but we get to honor the warriors who died protecting us." Roka says, bowing.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 12, 2014, 03:55:35 pm »

"We know," the Exalted Patriarch replies to Rai, "because the Ancestors have revealed it. As for who the task befits best... If you do not feel up to it, you are free to say so directly..."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 12, 2014, 04:14:27 pm »

"We are easily sufficient to take care of the matter, Exalted one." Roka says, bowing. "My colleague was simply so entranced by the idea of giving honor to our Ancestors that he made a slight faux pas."

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 12, 2014, 05:25:25 pm »

"Masters, I know I am just starting to earn face here in Sendai. But I as well have faced great injustice at the hands of the Chinese. May I secure permission to help in this task. If nothing else but to relieve the burdens of fellow sufferers. I feel we share a mutual bond to some extent on this matter. I would be very honored to help relieve your fallen and aid them into the light."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 12, 2014, 05:43:28 pm »

"Yes, of course," Yunikawa says in response to Lee, "We can't have the Samurai of Sendai digging for bones in the dirt. As my Emissary, I leave it to you to gather a group of labors to facilitate the excavation and appropriate transportation of the remains back here to the Temple of The Ancestors."

Then turning to the Samurai, he adds, "You Samurai are responsible for the overall safety, protection, and success of this grand endeavor."

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 12, 2014, 06:05:40 pm »

Lee bows politely in acknowledgement.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 12, 2014, 08:46:46 pm »

"We can do this" Udo says, determined. "But what kind of safety will be needed? Will there be those who will be actively trying to stop us?"

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 12, 2014, 08:50:32 pm »

"Yes, I would like to know if we are going to be dealing with bandits or soldiers. The difference is rather importance even though we will protect the honoured dead no matter what."
 Miya says this with a slight tone of sadness.
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 13, 2014, 04:22:06 pm »

"There are always forces in opposition to the will of the Ancestors," the Exalted Patriarch says; "Yet another reason why you Samurai are better suited for this honor than any others."

"Yunikawa tells me that you have experience dealing with such forces and the very fact that you were able to procure the Sacred Book of Secrets speaks volumes to this effect."

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 13, 2014, 06:45:19 pm »

"There are always forces in opposition to the will of the Ancestors," the Exalted Patriarch says; "Yet another reason why you Samurai are better suited for this honor than any others."

"Yunikawa tells me that you have experience dealing with such forces and the very fact that you were able to procure the Sacred Book of Secrets speaks volumes to this effect."

Rai nods his head. Finally understanding why they were chosen for the task.  "Thank you for the chance to do this great honor for sendai."

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 13, 2014, 07:21:04 pm »

Following Rai's lead Miya also gives a respectful bow.
 "Thank you for providing this task and for answering my questions. I look forward to completing such an honourable task."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 14, 2014, 11:07:20 pm »

"Anyone who fights against the ancestors' will are our sworn enemy. We are glad to assist."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 15, 2014, 09:51:47 am »

Following the meeting with the Exalted Patriarch and Master Wu-Jen Yunikawa, the Samurai took their newly written traveling papers and went to gather the laborers and equipment necessary to recover and transport the bones of the fallen heroes from Kurokawa to Sendai.

Six of Sendia's soldiers had been assigned to the Samurai to oversee the laborers (under the Korean Lee's supervision, which in turn was under the Samurai's). This way, the Samurai would not have to directly interact with the handlers of the dead - who consisted of the moteliest collection of outcasts any of the Samurai had ever seen.

The leader of the soldiers meanwhile, was a commoner named Shogota, who had a charismatic smile and the staunch loyalty of his men. Upon learning that it would be their honor to accompany the legendary Samurai of Sendai on one of their prestigious quests, he had his men lined out in their polished breastplates with shields and spears – ready for inspection.

Though commoners, they proved to be well mannered and had a proper understanding of protocol and their duty...

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 15, 2014, 09:55:40 am »

"Oh, do I get to come with you?" Kioko asked Yuki and Miya, as the Samurai left the Temple of the Ancestors.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: June 15, 2014, 01:15:34 pm »

Miya looks at Kioko and smiles.
 "I don't think it would be as safe for you little one. Besides, we will need somebody to guard the city while we are gone. Can you do this for me Kioko?"
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 03:04:27 pm by Fireplay »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 15, 2014, 01:23:47 pm »

Roka nods to the soldiers.

"Dealing with those who touch the dead may be disgusting, but this mission is a holy one. I thank you all for your cooperation." Roka states, and then heads away, trying to find Yukinawa.

---

Continued in Asking Favors Thread.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 04:08:54 pm by BerkaZerka »

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 15, 2014, 01:32:52 pm »

Lee meanwhile was making his way through Sendai pulling laborers from all trades and professions. Encouraging them to the cause and lieing when needed to convince them of the glory that awaited.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 15, 2014, 02:12:57 pm »

Lee rounds up some teamsters with oxen and wagons to transport the bones back to Sendai in.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 15, 2014, 02:16:35 pm »

Rai looks at the soldiers and says, "These is for those who fell before. We must return these fallen heros to the walls of Sendai."

He then follows Roka and waits for him to talk to Yuikawa before starting his own conversation with him.

---

Continued in Asking Favors Thread.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 04:10:22 pm by BerkaZerka »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 15, 2014, 03:04:41 pm »

"Oh, do I get to come with you?" Kioko asked Yuki and Miya, as the Samurai left the Temple of the Ancestors.

"Hm..." Yuki replies, pondering over if she should or not. "We've been charged with digging up the dead and bringing them back. It probably won't be too fun for you. Do you really want to come?"

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 15, 2014, 03:20:27 pm »

I sure hope their weapons won't be needed on this assignment...

Udo looks at the Commoner-soldiers curiously, "Shogota, are your 'troops' trained? They seem to be very uniform... Professional."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 15, 2014, 03:56:38 pm »

"Yes Samurai-San!" Shagota replies to Udo, "We are Sendai Army; Special detail to the Exalted Patriarch and other Advisors of the Daimyo."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 15, 2014, 03:59:06 pm »

"Hm..." Yuki replies, pondering over if she should or not. "We've been charged with digging up the dead and bringing them back. It probably won't be too fun for you. Do you really want to come?"

"Eew, gross!" Kioko replies to Yuki, curling her nose a the thought of dead things. "I can stay with mama Shirahata, right?"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 15, 2014, 04:14:37 pm »

"Eew, gross!" Kioko replies to Yuki, curling her nose a the thought of dead things. "I can stay with mama Shirahata, right?"

"Of course you can." Yuki replies with a laugh.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 16, 2014, 04:33:30 pm »

"Phew, that's a relief!" Kioko says, while making a motion with her arm as if wiping sweat.

Yuki and Miya then take the little fox girl home to Yuki's Mother, to say their goodbyes and (like the rest of the Samurai) gather equipment and provisions for the newest journey.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 16, 2014, 04:46:30 pm »

28th Day of Spring’s End 1306
The Grave of Fallen Heroes

With everything ready, the Samurai of Sendai (and the Korean Lee) once again donned their armor and made their way to the city gates, where Shagota and his men would be waiting with the laborers outside. It felt good to ride through the streets of Sendai again, wearing the armor and weapons of the Samurai – maybe no longer as Yoriki of the Chief Magistrate – but still, Samurai of Sendai none-the-less, and on a mission of utmost importance for the honor of the city itself.

Moving through the Gates of Sendai and joining up with the others, the company began its journey, traveling south down the Emperor’s road.

Movement was dreadfully slow, with the company plodding along, due to the oxen drawing the large wagons that would haul the bones back to Sendai – and the laborers’ having to push handcarts full of equipment. Where normally, twenty to thirty miles could be made each day, the company only made fifteen – though that did conveniently allow a stop at each of the way stations down the line, placed every fifteen miles on the road south of Sendai.

After six days, the company turned off the main road, heading west another three days towards Kurokawa along a narrow cart track devoid of any way stations at all.

The village itself was a small community of farmers on the side of a river near a large lake. Though the local terrain was rugged and surrounded on all sides by high mountains, the soil was rich and yielded an abundance of crops.

Entering the village caused no small stir among the farmers, some of which actually began to take up arms, until they noticed the Samurai at the head of the company. Backing into the fields, the farmers waited, eyeing the company suspiciously.

Ahead, three men rushed towards the Samurai and fell to their knees in front of them. It was the village Headman and his two advisors – “Honorable ones – forgive the villagers’ ignorance – they saw the eta (non-persons, AKA ‘Handlers of the Dead’) and thought them a group of brigands come to raid the village!”
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 04:54:56 pm by BerkaZerka »

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 16, 2014, 05:35:40 pm »

Rai smiles and says, "Apology accepted. As soon as your men realized there mistake they backed off. Let this be a cause of no harm no foul."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 16, 2014, 05:39:24 pm »

Roka nods.

"It is good that your townsfolk are quick to defend their village. The daimyo would be pleased. Just remember to make sure the insult is never repeated."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 16, 2014, 05:42:28 pm »

"Of course my lords, you are too kind!" The Village Headman says with more bows.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 16, 2014, 05:54:08 pm »

Suspecting that their task may not go without issue, Yuki decides to keep danger sense activated while they are overseeing the commoners.

"Hehe, don't worry about it." Yuki replies to the Village Headman.

"So, where is the mass grave?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 16, 2014, 06:03:33 pm »

"THE WHAT?!?!?" The Headman gulps in unfeigned shock.

"MASS GRAVE?!? HERE?!?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 16, 2014, 06:05:21 pm »

The word 'mass grave' then sweeps through the crowd of stunned villagers.

"There's one group of superstitious fools who won't be getting a good night's sleep again anytime soon," Jenna observes sarcastically.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 06:07:47 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 16, 2014, 06:09:04 pm »

The Village Headman and his two advisors then look at Rai and Roka - with an expression just begging them to say that this just isn't true...

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 16, 2014, 06:10:13 pm »

The word 'mass grave' then sweeps through the crowd of stunned villagers.

"There's one group of superstitious fools who won't be getting a good night's sleep again anytime soon," Jenna observes sarcastically.
Roka hides a smirk at Jenna comment, and then responds to the head, nodding solemnly.

"Yes, that is what brings us here today. We are here today to return the bodies to their rightful place. I had thought that the news was already told. We will need to talk to you and your advisors privately."
Roka says to the Village Head.

"I am Roka Takemura, and my fellows are Yuki Shiratahara, Rai Tsukahara, Udo Kuwabara, Miya Sugai, and Jenna." Roka adds.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Up