Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Mythic Nippon Adventure IV  (Read 181169 times)

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
Re: Mythic Nippon Adventure IV
« Reply #200 on: June 16, 2014, 10:11:22 pm »

Udo raises an eyebrow at the villagers' seemingly ridiculous over reaction, but shrugs.

He whispers to the Village Head, "Indeed, we are currently tasked to oversee a reburial process of our brethren who have fallen in combat around here." He nods solemnly, looking to Roka.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
  • Miya Sugai (Mythic Nippon)
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 16, 2014, 11:05:52 pm »

Miya looks to the V-Head with a stern expression on her face and if any of the commoners were staring at her scars she gives no reaction or attempts to hide them.
 "It would be best if we removed ourselves from the public eye. The less confusion about this matter the better."
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years." -Unknown
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 17, 2014, 04:23:09 pm »

"Yes yes!" The Village Headman says quickly with a bow and ushers the Samurai and Lee into a modest two room house in the center of the village.

"Tea for the Samurai!" he yells at the women of the house and then motions to a low table to sit around with him and his two advisors.

"The Village of Kurokawa is at your service great ones! What do you require of us?"

cool74

• Cowboy
  • Sometimes good people do bad things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 17, 2014, 04:55:50 pm »

Rai looks at the chief and says, "I don't believe we need much from your village. Just let us do our business. We might need a guide to the actual site but beyond that the little we will require is a place to stay as we collect the bones of the honored dead."
Ideals are peaceful; history is violent.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 17, 2014, 04:57:51 pm »

Rai looks at the chief and says, "I don't believe we need much from your village. Just let us do our business. We might need a guide to the actual site but beyond that the little we will require is a place to stay as we collect the bones of the honored dead."

"Rai, they didn't know of the location. We'll have to find it ourselves. But yes, we simply need room and board for us and the soldiers. We will have the untouchables camp in the proper location, of course."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 17, 2014, 05:18:25 pm »

"Yes, yes!" The Village Headman replies - "My home is at your disposal as are the houses of my two advisors!"

"Yes!" they both agree.

The tea is then brought to the table by the house women. The Village Headman and his two advisors all take a sip, then bow at the Samurai and stand to show them the other two houses.

"Please, allow me to show you to the other lodgings. If there is anything else you need, we are at your call."

As he moves to the door, the Village Headman yells at the woman again - "Make the house ready for the Samurai!"
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 05:24:19 pm by BerkaZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 17, 2014, 09:13:47 pm »

"Your enthusiasm is refreshing." Roka says with a smile, as he follows the three, with his two students following behind him.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 17, 2014, 09:15:31 pm »

Rai says, "Thank you for your hospitality." to the Village leader before  he fallows.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
  • Keitaro Hokusai, the Drunken Ox of Sendai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 18, 2014, 01:01:58 pm »

Lee takes it all in How could they not know where the bones of thousands of their fallen soldiers are laid? That just seems... odd?
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 18, 2014, 06:48:00 pm »

Udo nods and of follows into the lodgings, "Excuse me, is there a lodging for animal companions?"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 18, 2014, 07:00:14 pm »

Yuki attempts to cast Summon on Lee, so that he is summoned to the mass grave site. Afterwards, she turns to him.

"Lee, why don't you try and find the mass grave while we're shown the lodgings?" Yuki suggests.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 18, 2014, 07:04:44 pm »

Udo nods and of follows into the lodgings, "Excuse me, is there a lodging for animal companions?"

"Yes, of course honorable one! Anywhere you like!" The Headman says to Udo.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 18, 2014, 08:11:02 pm »

Yuki attempts to cast Summon on Lee, so that he is summoned to the mass grave site. Afterwards, she turns to him.

"Lee, why don't you try and find the mass grave while we're shown the lodgings?" Yuki suggests.

Lee nods approvingly, "Good idea, though, any idea what I should be going on? I'm imagining it's covered over. Maybe a large area where the vegetation is sparse or doesn't blend?"
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 18, 2014, 08:15:51 pm »

Lee nods approvingly, "Good idea, though, any idea what I should be going on? I'm imagining it's covered over. Maybe a large area where the vegetation is sparse or doesn't blend?"

Yuki smirks.

"Just go wherever you feel like it could be. You'll find it... probably, hehe."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 18, 2014, 09:34:41 pm »

"Yes, of course honorable one! Anywhere you like!" The Headman says to Udo.
"...Right" Udo murmurs, kind of weirded out by their conviction, "Good good... Let's put the horses here... And Bleach could sleep in my room..."

Udo Kuwabra blinks, "So, now what?"

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 18, 2014, 11:04:54 pm »

Lee trods around the outskirts of the village. Not really sure what he is looking for. He hops up on a nearby tower and climbs his way to the top to get a better view. He uses his spot and evaluate skills to survey the land.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 04:35:52 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 19, 2014, 04:35:59 pm »

As the Korean Lee went out to scout the area, arrangements were made for the Samurai to stay in the houses of the Village Headman and his two advisors; while Lee and Shagota would share a house with a local family.

The rest of the soldiers, teamsters, and laborers would make a camp outside the village.

---

Riding near the river, Lee noted a stone bridge leading to the other side. Moving across, he saw more fields, most of which were lush with crops that the village was growing.

Then climbing a small bell tower, Lee looked at the lay of the land and considered how and where a large battle could have played out here. Then he spotted a wide flat area about a mile south of the river.

This would have been the place he surmised – plenty of room and some tactical advantages in the rugged terrain surrounding on three sides. The only problem was the size of the battlefield; the grave could be anywhere. That, and they would be tearing up the villagers’ pumpkin and squash fields in their search.

Perhaps some of the older villagers would know tales of the battle fought long ago and could narrow it down for the Samurai…

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 19, 2014, 07:01:49 pm »

Lee made his way down the bell tower and sought out some of the elderly. Presumably he would look for retired warriors (or appeared to be) as they would most likely hold remembrance to historic battles, especially ones so close to their home town. If he cannot find anyone matching this description he would seek out widows of the village as they would have most likely lost their husbands in these battles.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 20, 2014, 04:46:32 pm »

Lee spends a few minutes trying to ask around, but the older generation clearly have a problem with talking to a foreigner...
The are polite, but not very talkative and hardly helpful.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 20, 2014, 05:56:04 pm »

As the Korean Lee went out to scout the area, arrangements were made for the Samurai to stay in the houses of the Village Headman and his two advisors; while Lee and Shagota would share a house with a local family.

The rest of the soldiers, teamsters, and laborers would make a camp outside the village.

Once the tour ends, Roka turns to the group.

"While it's good that we got Lee out of the way for the time, we need to go looking for the burial ground. Any ideas gang?"

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 20, 2014, 09:18:14 pm »

"Go find Lee and see what he has discovered so far?"
 Miya suggests with a hint of amusment to Roka.
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 20, 2014, 09:37:39 pm »

"I am going to ask around the older generation. I don't believe that a battle that large happened without the closest town knowing about it." Rai responds as he leaves and procedes to do just that.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 20, 2014, 11:11:59 pm »

"Go find Lee and see what he has discovered so far?"
 Miya suggests with a hint of amusment to Roka.

Yuki nods to her suggestions.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 21, 2014, 10:51:07 pm »

"Where are we supposed to find Lee?" Udo chuckles, "Then again, he should be easily spotted, being a foreigner and all"
Udo shrugs and continues, "I'm not sure how spirits work, but if I ride around town I should eventually see some ghost thingies. Maybe, I think?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 22, 2014, 07:42:24 am »

"Do whatever you think will work. Though I doubt the villagers know anything about it. Even the village head didn't know of the battle." Roka says to the group.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: June 22, 2014, 09:37:23 am »

Rai heads off to speak with the older generation in the village. They are quite happy to talk to the nice young Nipponese Nobleman (as opposed to the scary-looking Korean Courtier).

It turns out that none of the villagers (even the older ones) have lived in Kurokawa longer than twenty four years - meaning just after the fall of Sendai - having been brought in by the Chinese after the war to rebuild the Village. Apparently, just before the fall of Sendai, the entire Village of Kurokawa was wiped out by the Chinese in their advance on Sendai - not a single survivor.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 22, 2014, 06:00:18 pm »

"...Right, Roka. I'll look around, I guess" With no better ideas, Udo prepares his spirit sight as he jumps on his Tiger.
"C'mon Bleach, let's ride around town!" And they do, while keeping an eye out for ghost spirit thingies.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 22, 2014, 06:07:57 pm »

Looking around the Village and surrounding fields with Spirit Sight, Udo is actually surprised to find that the entire place is quite devoid of any spirit entities at all.

Riding out to check the progress of the laborer’s camp outside the village, Udo sees that the soldiers have managed to get things set up in relatively good time.

As Udo nears, Shogota and two of his men come forward and bow – "Honorable Udo-San, we have set up the camp and are arranging watches. We will be ready to dig first thing in the morning – just tell us where to start."
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 06:12:42 pm by BerkaZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 22, 2014, 07:28:41 pm »

Once informed of the failure to find anything at all, Roka ends up doing the unthinkable.

"Hey, Miya, you're smart, right? Do you think you could just figure out where they fought?" Roka asks, subtlely suggested that she use one of her mighty AF's.

After saying that, he'll turn to Jenna the vampire.

"Do you have any ideas?"
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 07:35:27 pm by Aman »

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 22, 2014, 07:59:02 pm »

"Perhaps I have learned something from my... families history books that can help us or I could check the village records if they have any."
 Miya responds to Roka before looking to the Village Leader/Elder(if he's here) and asking him about the records.

"Can you direct me to your records so that I may examine them and use their information to help us in our endeavor?"

While waiting for a response she gets somewhere a little higher and looks across the fields to notice anything strange or 'off'.
She spends a luck point on Erudite Insight to help her locate the burial grounds.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 08:02:21 pm by Fireplay »

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 22, 2014, 08:07:23 pm »

Udo bites his lip, "Oof, we're looking for it right now. It's hard, as even the Village Head does not recognize the battle."

The Forest award nods. "Shogota, you are a man of the military, where do you think a final stand would take place? Maybe we can work off that." Using his knowledge of Earth sciences and Close Quarter, Udo will try to find the likely spot of the battle (with Shogota's help, hopefully).

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 23, 2014, 05:11:45 pm »

When Miya asks about the Village Records, she is shown a small collection of scrolls, dealing with the Kurokawa's history from the time it was rebuilt shortly after the war. There are no records beyond that. The Chinese really wanted to keep what they did here hidden forever...

Udo and Shagota meanwhile, climb a nearby hill to get a look at the lay of the land.

From there, they see a wide flat area below them about a mile south of the river.

That would have been the place Udo surmised – plenty of room and some tactical advantages in the rugged terrain surrounding on three sides. The only problem was the size of the battlefield; the grave could be anywhere don there. That, and they would be tearing up the villagers’ pumpkin and squash fields in their search.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 05:16:35 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 23, 2014, 05:15:33 pm »

Meanwhile, Jenna looks at Yuki (in response to Roka's question about ideas) - "Just have foxy summon an Earth Elemental," she says simply. "They can travel through the earth as easily as we walk upon it; So have it go down there and look around for bones or something. Heck, it could even dig them all up for you to boot..."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 23, 2014, 06:56:59 pm »

Yuki ponders over Jenna's idea for a moment.

"Wouldn't the Earth Elemental crush the bones once it ran into them..." She responds.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 23, 2014, 10:25:52 pm »

Rai walks in and says, "All the people here were moved in by the Chinesse after the war. Not a single villager knows anything. I think though if there was a big fight and mass grave there should be lingering spirts around the area right?" Looking at Yuki there spirt expert.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 24, 2014, 04:25:30 pm »

"Hmm... It might," Jenna answered Yuki. "Is that a problem?"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 24, 2014, 04:43:49 pm »

"Hmm... It might," Jenna answered Yuki. "Is that a problem?"

"Yes. Yes it is." Yuki replies plainly.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 25, 2014, 01:12:58 am »

"Are there no more records of the town? Are there any who would know of the towns past more so than it's records?"
 Miya asks rather bluntly to the Village Leader once she decides there is nothing helpful in their 'official' records.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 25, 2014, 09:10:04 am »

Roka shakes his head at Jenna's and Yuki's exchange, and simply chuckles.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 25, 2014, 11:59:30 am »

"Alright, this is it Shogota. We just need to find out where to look in this field..."

With a nod to Shogota, Udo informs the team about what he found

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: June 25, 2014, 05:03:13 pm »

The Village Headman just shrugs at Miya and then bows - "These are all that we have honorable one."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 25, 2014, 06:18:58 pm »

"Alright, this is it Shogota. We just need to find out where to look in this field..."

With a nod to Shogota, Udo informs the team about what he found

Roka nods to Udo's information.

"Good work, Udo. We'll have to do a bit of searching, but we can actually find it now." Roka says, with a smile.

"Alright, we have a location. Now all we need to do is find the bodies. Ichiro, go find the Korean and tell him to stop wasting time. We need to go." Roka says, sending his student to search for the Korean.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 25, 2014, 06:35:46 pm »

"Don't worry, I'll find it, hehe." Yuki says with a smile, heading to the field. Once there, she puts her hand on the ground and casts Postcognition, in hopes that will allow her to see where they took the bodies.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 26, 2014, 05:16:10 pm »

The Samurai all head out to the fields, which incidentally, is where they find the Korean Lee has wandered off to. Remembering her Summon that she had cast on Lee, Yuki walked over and put her hand to the ground where he stood and then forced the magical energies within her to cast Postcognition on the entire field.

It took a Surge, two Luck, and a burst blood-vessel in her eye, but Yuki somehow pulled it off. And for an instant she was taken back to another time!

Yuki watched events unfold –

Twenty four years ago, there was a great battle here. The Chinese came through with an innumerable army and Dragon’s Breath cannons and met what was thought to be the last hope for Nippon’s final defense. The greatest of Nippon’s warriors and generals gathered in the field of battle against them and the days were glorious.

But in the end, the Chinese were like the sands of the sea – there was no end to their number and as many as were cut down, more followed behind to replace them. At length, they had surrounded the entire Army of Nippon and continued the work of death until no Samurai remained alive – save thirteen generals of Nippon.

These thirteen generals were then bound and forced to watch, as the commoners of Kurokawa were rounded into the village and burned alive with the entire village, women and children and the elderly.

Then a Chinese Wu-Jen called Jan Xian came and decreed to his men that this battle had never taken place – that should it be mentioned again, the offender and his progeny would be killed by Jan Xian’s own hand – and he made each man take a sealed oath in the name of the Ancestors that they would never speak of it.

The Chinese left, but Jan Xian remained, alone with the thirteen generals, all laying helpless before him.

Then a horrifying sight, as the Wu-Jen slowly slit the throats of each of the generals one-by-one – with an arcane dagger, dripping an unknown venom. As each man died a gruesome convulsing death, a vile and unholy spirit went into the corpses, transforming them into terrible monsters – the Rokurokubi (or Pennaggolan)!

Yuki watched, as their heads then pulled free from their bodies – internal organs trailing behind them – to float in the air before the evil Jan Xian.

“Feast my Children!” the Wu-Jen laughed – and the thirteen former generals swooped down upon their own bodies to devoured the flesh from the bones!

The remains of the generals were then thrown down a Spirit Well and capped with a magical seal of some kind – a massive metallic disc, fashioned from black soulsteel and the moaning spirits of the dead generals themselves.

The Wu-Jen Jan Xian then summoned four Earth Elementals to dig a mass grave – covering over forty thousand dead in a mass grave.

When that was done, Jan Xian left – and the place was desolate for almost an entire year, before the war ended and new villagers were moved in to cultivate the land once more.

Yuki knows that this is the place of the dead – and the Korean Lee is standing directly over the sealed tomb of the thirteen generals. And under their feet not more than ten feet… thousands and thousands and thousands of bones…

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 26, 2014, 06:28:43 pm »

"How... terrible..." Yuki manages to say between laboured breathes. "Jan Xian can never be forgiven for his crimes..."

"The grave is here, just below you." She says to Lee. "First we'll encounter a spirit well, with the remains of the 13 generals that fought in the last stand. After that, we'll encounter the mass grave... with 40,000 Nipponese souls inside."

"We'll need to be careful when recovering the generals. The Wu-Jen Jan Xian gruesomely transformed them into Rokurokubi."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 26, 2014, 07:40:57 pm »

"Huh? Who is Jan Xian?" Roka asks, perplexed.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 26, 2014, 07:43:00 pm »

"Huh? Who is Jan Xian?" Roka asks, perplexed.

"A Chinese Wu-Jen." Yuki replies.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 26, 2014, 08:54:24 pm »

"A Chinese Wu-Jen." Yuki replies.

"And he transformed the generals into some sort of Rokurokubi?" Roka asks, shaking his head. "Not only do they desecrate our heroes, but they transform them into... Whatever that is... Bastards."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 26, 2014, 09:16:47 pm »

"Will we have to... Fight them?" Udo asks with a frown, "That would be... Unfortunate."

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 26, 2014, 10:24:55 pm »

Miya moves back into the group after finding nothing in the village records.
 "There was nothing in their records, what did you all find out?"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Up