Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Mythic Nippon Adventure IV  (Read 181158 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Mythic Nippon Adventure IV
« Reply #300 on: July 04, 2014, 01:37:30 pm »

"Agree, but I want the night shift," Jenna says - "This daylight just hurts my eyes too much...

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 04, 2014, 02:11:16 pm »

"Anyone disagree with the plan?"

cool74

• Cowboy
  • Sometimes good people do bad things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 04, 2014, 02:13:09 pm »

Rai nods, "So Roka, Yuki and Jenna will watch the rest of the night and in the morning we switch off."
Ideals are peaceful; history is violent.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 04, 2014, 02:20:05 pm »

"Guys, the Birdperson attacked in the night. It's unlikely he'll pop up in the morning." Udo says, shaking his head.
"Our groups should watch different times during the night, sleeping at intervals."
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 02:24:35 pm by Tanstaafl »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 04, 2014, 04:13:45 pm »

"I don't know, it's not like it'll be a hassle for us to just watch both times. This way we are certain we won't miss him."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 04, 2014, 06:13:53 pm »

Yuki stands quietly, waiting for the group to make their decision on how they want to proceed.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
  • Miya Sugai (Mythic Nippon)
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 04, 2014, 07:20:26 pm »

"I can see better than Roka can in the dark, why would he be posted as a guard when I am able? It might be better to switch the group except for Jenna."
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 07:22:24 pm by Fireplay »
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years." -Unknown
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 05, 2014, 09:10:02 pm »

"Miya, don't worry. I'm only there as the muscle. Don't need to see much to hit." Roka says with a smirk.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 05, 2014, 09:10:43 pm »

"I like my idea of sleeping in 3 hour intervals. It'd be a waste to have half of us up the entire night and the other sleeping through to get up in daylight. The Raven-person must've come at a convenient time for him, during the night. Assuming he's coming at all, it's probably gonna be in the night, so our two groups should alternate, but during the night." Udo argues.

"Though perhaps we should change the groups, I don't really mind either way though." He shrugs.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 06, 2014, 01:41:24 pm »

2nd Day of Summer 1303
The Wu-Jen Jan Xian

Two days had passed from the early morning attack on the laborers’ encampment, with no sign of the laborer who had been carried off by the Kenku.

Proper watches had been put in place and the laborers had buried their dead comrades and begun the digging for the lost battlefield of fallen heroes.

The villagers meanwhile, held their Summerfest celebration; inviting the Samurai, soldiers, and teamsters to participate – holding a large picnic with some sporting contests, dancing, and the like.

The Samurai had a difficult time enjoying themselves though, knowing that it distracted them from their vigil against the Kenku. The holiday went on without incident however, until midnight, when everyone made a great clamor with bells, pots, pans, and cheering to officially ‘ring in’ the coming of summer.

Surprisingly, nothing came out of the sky, nothing attack the village, nothing bad happened.

Then, on the morning of the third day, after excavating to a depth of six feet (over where Yuki had pointed out), one of the laborers brought news of their find – bones upon bones in the rusting remains of armor and weapons!

As the laborers set to the task of unearthing them, Yuki felt a sudden rush of power, which to her alarm, she knew heralded the onset of some very powerful spell!

Before she could raise a warning, a sudden cry among the laborers confirmed her fears, as a vast swarm of shimmering hornets, cut from pure ice, flew from the trees on the west side of the field, sweeping over everyone in their path and cutting down the laborers in a bloody swath!

The swarm was so widespread; that it tore to pieces every single laborer out in the field – and even one of the armored soldiers that had been out there overseeing them was cut up badly enough that he was forced to throw himself to the ground and cover himself with his shield just to survive!

When it was over, the ice hornets melted away instantly, falling back to the earth in a rain of cold water that seemed to mix with and expand the red pools of blood staining the field of dead laborers strewn across the ground.

It was then, that the attacker decided to show himself, abruptly appearing out of nowhere in the sky, riding on a white cloud. He was a very old-looking Chinese man with long braided beard and matching eyebrows – and a large flock of eighteen black magpie-like Kenku attended him; each armed in chain shirts with bows drawn and a katana and wakasashi at their sides.

The Wu-jen, called down at the Samurai in a loud and powerful voice – “I am the Wu-Jen Jan Xian! By decree of the Shogun Taiko T’ien Shinhan – You who have re-opened this old wound must die! And the village of Kurokawa will be no more!”

With that, the Wu-Jen began casting another spell and the Kenku drew crackling bolts of lightning across their bows…

Observing their adversaries meanwhile, Miya could see with her Ruby Eye of Discernment that there were only six Kenku – each with two illusionary duplicates of itself – and that the Wu-Jen himself was also an Illusion – that he had to be somewhere else in all of this…

---

(OOC – Combat has started – good luck! PS - everyone is now Intimidated, thanks to Righteous Indignation

« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 07:00:40 pm by BerkaZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 06, 2014, 05:26:30 pm »

Roka grows massive muscles, as is usual for his Heavy Hitter technique, as well as activating amaizing celerity

"The honor of loyal warriors is mightier then you, you bastard. We will destroy all of you, and your little magic birds!" Roka shouts, righteously intimidating his foes. (Righteous indignation)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 06, 2014, 07:37:07 pm »

The tragic hero Lee, thinking that this is his chance to save face with the Samurai - blows as much of his spirit energy as possible on elemental barb powered rain of shooting stars attacks on the Wu-Jen - not realizing yet that he is just an illusion.

"Murderer!" he yells angrily.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 06, 2014, 08:38:59 pm »

Damn Chinese... And those Birdmen are definitely not on the good side of things either.

Flooding his mind with thoughts of hate and contempt for the Chinese, especially for what the chinks did here, Udo Kuwabara's body begins to morph into something more... Scaly, reptilian.
Let's bring the fight to the skies!

With a crow of anger, Udinosaur takes flight, with a will to ram any bird man in his way.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 08:50:10 pm by Tanstaafl »

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 07, 2014, 11:37:49 am »

"Fellow Samurai, there are only six Kenku against us here. The Wu-Jen is hiding like the coward he is instead of facing us with honor."
 Miya prepares herself and attunes her spirit to her bow before aiming at the 6 real Kenku above.

"I shall not allow you to further disgrace these warriors for what they did!"
She begins shooting at the real Kenku's with One arrow For Each of them.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 03:38:30 pm by Fireplay »
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 07, 2014, 02:04:25 pm »

Raij nods and this about how he can fight an enemy that is not there. Furthermore all the kaku are to high up for any of his weapons to reach them. Faced with this conundrum Rai really feels usless. He decieds the best course of action would be to take defensive action and be prepared for one one of the birds gets in his range. 

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: July 07, 2014, 04:28:52 pm »

Yuki quickly uses her bow for the physical boast. After that, she decides the group needs something to even the odds against the Kenku, so she uses light manipulation to create a mirror-like effect of the maximum size she can above them. This way the Kenku looking down only see their own reflection, while the group on the ground can see the Kenku just fine. She then uses a surge for a defence action so she can dodge the incoming attacks.

Yuki also keeps an eye out for the spell the wu-jen is casting, prepared to surge and use reflect magic if she gets the opportunity.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 08, 2014, 06:29:10 pm »

Roka buffs, as Lee’s impressively ineffectual attack appears to miss the Wu-jen, and Miya warns everyone that he is only an Illusion.

Yuki meanwhile, covers the Samurai under a two hundred foot diameter reflective dome – effectively hiding them from the Kenku and Wu-Jen’s sight; while being able to see through it from below.

As this goes on, Miya puts a heavy arrow into each of the first four Kenkus’ heads – after lining up headshots (damage straight to Wounds) and Roka’s bumping them with Born Leader Surge to Uncanny (armor piercing) shots – before the fifth and sixth Kenku realizes they need to dodge!

Four Kenku tumble dead from the sky, while another eight illusionary duplicates abruptly vanish – leaving 2 real Kenku and their four duplicates remaining.

Udo meanwhile, transforms into a huge Pteranodon and leaps into the sky at the enemies aloft!

Seeing only one viable target, the Kenku fire their arrows at Udo, as he covers the distance – loosing long arcs of lightning from their bows!

Udo is slammed by the bolts! First for 22 Damage (Luck for half) and then again for 27 Damage (Luck for Half)!

Yuki then feels a spell being cast and Surges to Reflect it – but a moment later (even though she successfully cast Reflect Magic) a Fireball erupts under the reflective dome – encompassing Miya, Rai, and Lee for 20 Damage each (Luck for half all around)!

Another two fireballs then erupt in the center of the village itself, engulfing the Headman’s house and a couple of houses on the far side!

In frustration, Rai readies an attack, hoping that the Kenku and Wu-Jen will come down to their level to fight.

Unfortunately, with Udo in their sights, the Adversaries are content to remain high and actually fly up another two hundred feet (now six hundred feet high) in a vain attempt to get out of Miya’s deadly range.

Looking around for the real Wu-jen meanwhile, Yuki spots him (with Luck), standing on a cloud one thousand feet above the village!

When Yuki points him out to the other Samurai, only Udo and Rai (with Luck) can actually see him!

---

(OOC: On to Round 2)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 08, 2014, 06:35:12 pm »

"Well shit," Jenna remarks, Joining Roka's side and pulling out her bow.

"I don't think I can come anywhere near a shot like that one Miya just pulled off. Remind me never to let her see me coming!"

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 08, 2014, 07:45:01 pm »

Rai after spotting the enemy wu-jen shows everyone where he is. "There is the wu-jen. Roka he is to high in the sky for us to fight we need to evacuate the villigers and defend them."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 08, 2014, 07:50:22 pm »

"Ha ha, perfect shots Miya!"

"Well shit," Jenna remarks, Joining Roka's side and pulling out her bow.

"I don't think I can come anywhere near a shot like that one Miya just pulled off. Remind me never to let her see me coming!"

Roka grins,

"We weren't the Yoriki for our good looks."
Rai after spotting the enemy wu-jen shows everyone where he is. "There is the wu-jen. Roka he is to high in the sky for us to fight we need to evacuate the villigers and defend them."

Roka nods.

"UDO! When you finish with the birds, join us at the village!" He shouts, grabbing Rai in one arm, and Jenna in the other, and racing to the village.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 08, 2014, 07:54:34 pm »

Udinosaur grunts, putting in a defensive action as it continues to close in to ram, trying to discern which ones are real by regarding which arrow from where hurt. Because... Man, did those sting.

Additionally, he surges to make sure he reaches them this time or to ram more.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 04:06:57 pm by Tanstaafl »

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 08, 2014, 09:24:51 pm »

"UDO! When you finish with the birds, join us at the village!" He shouts, grabbing Rai in one arm, and Jenna in the other, and racing to the village.

Rai says back to Roka, "Jenna has a bow right she can keep the wujen distracted as we evacuate the villagers."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 08, 2014, 09:26:14 pm »

Rai says back to Roka, "Jenna has a bow right she can keep the wujen distracted as we evacuate the villagers."

"This range, only Miya could hit." Roka replies, still running.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 09, 2014, 01:05:58 pm »

Miya grins as she aims for the remaining birdmen.
 "It's like I'm hunting birds in the forest again."

[Rapid Shot]

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 09, 2014, 04:04:57 pm »

Figuring the Wu-Jen mage is using magic to float, Yuki first casts Dispel magic on him. After that, she casts Killjoy and Curse on him (with the help of a surge).

She then prepares to use a surge to defend herself via dispel magic, reflect magic, or uncanny dodge (whichever works best).

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 09, 2014, 06:10:47 pm »

As Rai, Roka, and Jenna run from the field toward the now flaming village, Lee curses his luck and fires his bow at one of the Kenku – watching his shot pass right through.

Another arrow later, and he has discovered yet a second Illusion.

Using this information, coupled with which lightning arrows actually hurt, Udo flies in at a Kenku and actually spears it right through the wing with his long sharp beak! The Kenku squawks loudly in pain, as it takes 14 Damage before pulling itself free – now flying rather crudely with the injury.

Not stopping there, Udo flips his body around and sinks his talons into the Kenku’s shoulders for another 17 Damage on top of a Hold! The Kenku spends luck for half damage and then flails free however –before firing another lightning arrow right at Udo’s face!

With a quick jerk of his head, Udo dodges the bolt as it cracks past – but then gets slammed in the back for 20 Damage by the other Kenku’s lightning arrow! Winging over, Udo sees the other Kenku fire a second Lightning arrow, but manages to slip it this time!

As this goes on, Miya lines up another headshot (with luck) and skips an arrow off the uninjured Kenku’s scalp for 10 damage to Wounds. She then tries with a second shot, but misses.

Then Yuki casts Dispel Magic on the cloud that the Wu-Jen is standing on – and grins with satisfaction when it vanishes out from under him. He falls two hundred feet before Surge-casting Flight to stop his decent.

Yuki then hits him with Killjoy and Curse.

The Wu-Jen meanwhile, uses Control Flames to spread the fires over the village even more and then Summons an Oni under the reflective dome with the remaining Samurai.

Abruptly, the ground shakes and then bursts open – as the Samurai watch a horrifying thing emerge! An eight foot tall, twelve foot round, corpulent and bloated demon with way too big a mouth and sticky rubbery gray skin – layered in undulating rolls of fat!

Ignoring the Samurai, the monster just reaches out with its massively wide hands and begins to scoop up and shovel bones from the excavation site right into its mouth – crunching them up with a starved hunger!

From her recent studies of the occult, Yuki recognize the Oni as Tsuburu-No-Oni – Demon Magistrate of the First Circle and Eater of The Dead!

---

(OOC Onto Round 3!)

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 09, 2014, 06:35:44 pm »

Roka curses under his breath, as he turns back towards the First Circle ONI.

Once there, he shouts at Yuki.

"Drain the demon's luck! And heal Udo while you're at it!" And gives her his last two surges to do so.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 07:37:08 am by BerkaZerka »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 09, 2014, 06:53:44 pm »

Yuki looks at the giant blob of an oni and visibly cringes at its sight. She then realizes that the oni is eating all the men they were sent to bury properly.

"We need to stop the oni!" She cries out. Yuki then nods to Roka's commands, and immediately uses Karma drain on the oni. She then uses Karma drain on the Wu-Jen, and following that she'll use Dispel magic again to cancel his flight.

During all of this, she'll also use jinx to try and counter any action the oni or wu-jen takes.

After using dispel magic, Yuki will heal Udo. She'll also give him a luck point using harmony, since he seems to be down on his luck in this fight. Finally, Yuki will surge to summon a water elemental, so it can hopefully help remove the fire next round.

[Also surge to uncanny dodge/reflect magic if applicable]

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 09, 2014, 07:18:26 pm »

Writhing in pain, Udo moves quickly (surge to go first if needs be)-- he grabs one of nearby bird men, attempting to use them as a Bird-human-shield. He will also use any surges needed for actions (defense or otherwise) which will ensure he survives.

He also squawks a lot (especially when that fat blob came to being); but it doesn't really mean anything more than, 'Ouch!' and, 'Holy shit!'.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 07:20:19 pm by Tanstaafl »

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 10, 2014, 01:40:57 pm »

Rai is horrified by the Demon before him who is eating the remains of fallen hears. As soon as he gets into range of this horrific being Rai begins Throwing silver knives at the demons skull. Hoping to distract it from its morbid meal. (Surge to make the first 2 throws more powerful and to add one more to his attack(no surge to make it stronger))
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 02:35:05 am by cool74 »

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: July 11, 2014, 10:52:17 am »

Miya looks on in disgust at the strange blob before aiming at the remaining birdman Once the birdman is dead she will look for the Wu-Jen and try to take him down with a few quick shots.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 12, 2014, 08:50:40 am »

Roka, Rai, and Jenna turn back to the fields – leaving the villagers to flee the burning village for themselves – after all, their mission was to protect the bones, not the villagers.

As she goes, Jenna shoots two arrows into the fat blob of a demon for 14 and 17 Damage, but both just disappear into the fat rolls and it is unclear if it even felt them hit…

Rai surges at the end of running back to throw two silver daggers at the Oni’s head. The first thunks into the thing’s forehead for an impressive 23 Damage straight to Wounds – but a huge fist full of bones knocks the second dagger away, before it can hit its mark.

Yuki meanwhile, nods to Roka's commands and Karma Drains both the oni and Wu-Jen.

Following that she surge casts Dispel Magic again to cancel the Wu-Jen’s Flight once more.

The Wu-Jen however, Dispels Yuki’s Dispel, and counters her Jinx to do so.

'At least, it is burning up what little luck he has to do so', Yuki thinks.

Then, the Wu-Jen casts another spell, which Yuki also Jinx’s and the Wu-Jen counters. At that however, he disappears from sight completely.

With nothing better left to do, Yuki surge Heals Udo and grants him another Luck Point with Harmony – before surge Summon a Water Elemental with her bow.

The moment the Water Elemental appears, it gives out a bubbling wail and crashes forward at the bone-eating Oni like a wave.

Seeing this, Lee is inspired to use the Tsunami Wave of his magic fans on the corpulent Oni. With a flick of his wrist, an 8 ft high, 12 ft wide, wave of saltwater slams into the Oni – doing 12 Damage and knocking it back thirty feet and Prone in the process.

With the monster now away from the majority of the bones, Lee surges to shoot it with two of his great arrows – doing 8 Damage and 14 Damage respectively.

As this goes on, Miya puts another arrow into each of the last two Kenku’s heads – killing them both.

This of course, leaves Udo without any viable targets – all alone, way up in the sky.

Looking around, neither he, nor any of the other Samurai can see where the Wu-Jen went off to.

Back on the ground meanwhile, the Tsuburu-No-Oni rights its fat-self and then makes disgusting retching sounds. The Samurai know it isn’t going to be pretty, when it opens its huge mouth impossibly wide and disgorges a torrent of black slime-covered bones from its guts!

The bones then twitch and writhe a moment, before assembling themselves into two dozen animated mockeries of skeletal stick men – each just random bones stuck to random bones in vaguely humanoid shapes with the black goo!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 09:47:35 am by BerkaZerka »

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 12, 2014, 11:03:42 am »

"COWARD!"
 Miya yells out at the Wu-Jen despite the fact she can not see him. Now she turns to the strange blob creature and it's new friends.

"This is not what I was expecting for an 'easy' mission." She begins to attune her spirit to her arrows as she takes aim.
[Surge(luck?) for Multishot.]
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 11:38:16 pm by Fireplay »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 12, 2014, 05:55:13 pm »

With the Wu-Jen gone for the moment, Yuki casts Precipitation on the part of the town that's on fire, in hopes of slowing or stopping it (use luck to achieve this).

She then fires two silver arrows at the oni, while wondering where the heck the Wu-Jen went.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 12, 2014, 07:02:53 pm »

Rai yells out, "Sliver seems to hurt it more." To his companions as he throws two more knives at the oni.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 12, 2014, 08:49:43 pm »

"How DARE you reanimate the bones of our heroes! Everyone, destroy the ONI! Hopefully if we do, our heroes will no longer be disgraced by it's evil taint!"

Roka channels his ki into a fist, and then surges to attack the giant ONI with a savage Grevious injury strike.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 12, 2014, 09:07:06 pm »

Udinosaur, now not in terrible pain, tries to fly over to the fatso and tries to plant his talons into the fatty's eye sockets. He surges try to do it twice.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 13, 2014, 10:56:52 am »

Jenna shoots at the Oni twice more yells at the Samurai – “don’t touch that black shit!”

Her arrows punch into the fat creature for another 12 and 16 Damage.

Looking, the Samurai can see that everywhere the black goo touches; it withers the vegetation around it. The skeletal stick men are literally killing the ground as they totter over it!

As this goes on, the water elemental slams into the Oni for 16 Damage – rocking it back!

Then Rai puts two more silver daggers into it as well.

With a tremendous howl, the Tsuburu-No-Oni abruptly splits up the middle, from where Rai’s daggers punched in, and literally bursts open like a rotten bladder of cancer-filled puss!

Roka, who was charging it at the time, has to leap back to avoid being doused in the filth – and sees that it poisons the ground everywhere it touches, like the walking stickmen!

As it dies, so do the plants and vegetation in the field – death washing out from it hundreds of feet in all directions.

With her main target already dealt with, Miya rapidly fires four shots at the walking stickmen. It takes three shots to put one down (7, 10, & 10 Damage – then 11 Damage into a second one). The things, being made of pure bone, do not seem especially vulnerable to having arrows shot into them…

Miya then surges to add two more arrows into the second bone stickman – and sure enough, drops it too.

Seeing this, Lee puts two arrows into a stickman and drops it with the help of a crit.

As this goes on, Yuki casts Precipitation off the cuff – feeling the raw magical energy sear through her – to create a deluge over the village. In an instant, dark clouds gather and a tremendous downpour begins – seriously hampering the fire’s ability to spread.

Then suddenly, Yuki’s Danger Sense goes off the charts! And she instinctively activates Uncanny Dodge. Whatever it is, she knows that she is under attack and has to use Uncanny Dodge twice more just to avoid the invisible threat!

Using Luck, she focuses her senses and then notices the Wu-Jen Jan Xian right next to her, trying to thrust an arcane poison-dripping dagger into her back!

Yelling for the other Samurai, only Miya (with Luck) and Roka (with 2 Luck) can actually see him.

Roka meanwhile, having already channeled Ki into his fist, turns quickly and with Amazing Celerity, blindsides the Wu-Jen with two Heavy Hitter enhanced Savage Blow Grievous Injury strikes!

The Wu-Jen tries to use Uncanny Dodge on both, but Yuki Jinx’s him twice and he no longer has (with Killjoy) the Luck required to counter it!

Roka slams into the Chines man’s head twice – first for 17 Damage straight to Wounds (with 2 Luck ) – and then a skull-crushing 33 Damage straight to Wounds!

Not even the Wu-Jen’s Unbreakable spell is enough to stop those monstrous blows!

Jan Xian falls to the ground Disabled and Roka (with 2 more Jinx’s from Yuki) surges to continue pounding the man from Disabled to Dying to Dead!

With nothing left but to clean up the twenty one bone stickmen, Udo swoops down – but is unsure if he actually wants to engage any of them… They are covered in some kind of poison after all…

---

(OOC – onto Round 4!)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 03:56:18 pm by BerkaZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 13, 2014, 02:48:05 pm »

Roka spits at the body of the Wu-Jen, and then turns to the bird in the air.

"Udo! If you can, try and entangle the bodies! I do not want to harm the bodies of the ancestors!" Roka shouts to Udo, as he waits for a second. If Udo can't, well, he'll have to attack the skeletons with ripple across pond

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 13, 2014, 02:57:43 pm »

Rai looks at the oncoming force and says, "Yuki use the water elemental to purify the area."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 13, 2014, 03:08:35 pm »

Udo nods as Roka instructs him what to do, hovering above the undead hoard horde, casting his shadow on them.

With a squawk, Udo tries to direct the plants to collectively maintain a strong hold on all (or most) of the skeletons (3-5 Earth Power surge use for that, plus a surge for initatiative)-- and Hopefully the goo won't melt the plants as well...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 03:11:01 pm by Tanstaafl »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 13, 2014, 03:12:24 pm »

Udo starts to use Entangle (1 Surge) - but quickly finds that the black goo kills all plant life the instant it touches any. There is literally nothing living around any of the bone stickmen to use for entangling.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 13, 2014, 03:14:38 pm »

Rai looks at the crops getting destroyed in worry. 'Is there any way to keep this from harming the crops Yuki?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 13, 2014, 03:15:50 pm »

"Erm, anyone have any idea how to remove the gunk?" Roka asks.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 13, 2014, 03:18:54 pm »

"Erm, anyone have any idea how to remove the gunk?" Roka asks.

Rai points at the water elemental and says, "Can't it cleanse the area of the posin from the demon? Also Roka nice job on getting the wu jen. However I wish we managed to catch him alive for information about where the generals he turned into demons are."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: July 13, 2014, 03:22:04 pm »

"Rai, he was a wujen. Better to kill him then take a chance with him escaping." Roka says, shrugging.

"I dunno if we want to order an emissary of the gods to clean up the dead."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 13, 2014, 03:26:33 pm »

Speaking of the Water Elemental, now that the Oni has been dealt with, it begins to move away from the battle toward the Village - no doubt ready to carry out Yuki's original order...

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 13, 2014, 03:44:23 pm »

"Rai, he was a wujen. Better to kill him then take a chance with him escaping." Roka says, shrugging.

"I dunno if we want to order an emissary of the gods to clean up the dead."

Rai shakes his head and says, "Not the dead the posion coming off of them but I will leave that to Yuki. I understand about the wujen. I am just worried about where those Demons may be hiding." Rai says with a far off look in his eyes.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 13, 2014, 03:54:14 pm »

Yuki meanwhile, watching the tottering movements of the skeletal stickmen and then giving them a look with her Sorcerer's Sight, realizes that they are not undead at all. They are in fact, nothing more than Animated Objects - though dangerous still, especially given that they are all covered in the poisonous goo...

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 13, 2014, 06:21:53 pm »

"Finally, your crimes against our people have been answered for, Jan Xian." Yuki says.

Speaking of the Water Elemental, now that the Oni has been dealt with, it begins to move away from the battle toward the Village - no doubt ready to carry out Yuki's original order...

"Water elemental, clean up the poisonous black goo covering the skeletons and the ground." Yuki orders.

(I'll let Fireplay or someone else give the suggestion then post Yuki's response.)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up