Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Mythic Nippon Adventure IV  (Read 181155 times)

cool74

• Cowboy
  • Sometimes good people do bad things.
    • View Profile
Re: Mythic Nippon Adventure IV
« Reply #350 on: July 13, 2014, 08:54:17 pm »

Rai jumps back as the goo gets closer and says, "I don't think we can wait. We may need to damage the bones to stop these creatures rampage. I respect the dead but these things are destroying the villigers crops and I cant allow that. Yuki would a mass dispell stop these things?"  Rai asks as he lifts up a spear prepareing to throw it at the horde.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 08:56:15 pm by cool74 »
Ideals are peaceful; history is violent.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 13, 2014, 09:00:42 pm »

"Probably... But they're too spread out, and I don't have the energy to dispel so many." Yuki replies.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 13, 2014, 09:03:22 pm »

"Can't the water elemental Funnel them somehow?" Rai asks.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 13, 2014, 09:14:32 pm »

Roka sighs.

"Yuki, cleanse the bodes. And then, make sure I don't die after this." Roka then says, as he suddenly exerts his body, far, far beyond what a normal human should, going into exhausted for two born leader surge, regains his former state with 2 surge, does the same thing again, gaining a total of four surges, and then, burns his body, collapsing as he gains another 3 surges. (Total of 7 born leader surge).

"Yuki! Do it!" He shouts, giving all his surge to her.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
  • Miya Sugai (Mythic Nippon)
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 13, 2014, 11:56:14 pm »

Miya backs up a little as she continues to Multi-Shot arrows, making sure there is at least One for Each of the bonemen.
 "If the muck is poison then why don't all the fist-fighters head to the village? Yuki, Jenna, and I can take care of these creatures or at least hold them off until the village is safe again."

[Use Flight follows the Eye too if it will make a difference.]
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 11:11:59 am by Fireplay »
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years." -Unknown
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 14, 2014, 12:01:40 am »

Unsure of what to do now, Udinosaur flies, spending 3-4 surges to pick up small boulders to drop on the skeletons multiple times.

OR, if this could possibly work, Udo begins to Neutralize the Acidic Poison, using necessary surge to do it swiftly and effectively on the entire area.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 14, 2014, 01:19:25 am »

Roka sighs.

"Yuki, cleanse the bodes. And then, make sure I don't die after this." Roka then says, as he suddenly exerts his body, far, far beyond what a normal human should, going into exhausted for two born leader surge, regains his former state with 2 surge, does the same thing again, gaining a total of four surges, and then, burns his body, collapsing as he gains another 3 surges. (Total of 7 born leader surge).

"Yuki! Do it!" He shouts, giving all his surge to her.

Yuki nods at Roka's command and attempts to take care of the skeletons.

First she casts Suppress Toxins with a surge point to make it an area of effect.
Then she casts Suppress Toxins again with another surge point to make it an area of effect.
Then she uses three surge points, one to make another action, one to cast Suppress Toxins, and another to make it area of effect.
Finally she uses a surge point to make another action, fatigues herself to cast Suppress Toxins again, and uses Roka's last surge point to make it area of effect again.

She then hopes that this all works out...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 02:47:18 am by killa_robot »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 14, 2014, 04:53:40 pm »

Between Rai chucking a spear and Lee, Jenna, and Miya shooting arrows - Miya neatly placing one arrow into each stickman one after the other - five of the twenty one remaining skeletal stickmen are put down.

Then Udo swoopes down, grabs up a massive boulder the size of a wagon and drops it on top of a single stickman, crushing it into powder.

As this goes on, the Water Elemental begins cleaning up some of the poison, while Yuki over-surges (with Roka's self sacrifice) to neutralize all of it in the entire field - and Udo seeing this, joins in - surging to add his own earth-cleansing power to the effort.

In a moment, all the black goo abruptly changes into a white steam and evaporates from off the bones and surrounding area.

The Stickmen totter around for a few seconds - then all at once clatter apart.

The Samurai have defeated the evil Wujen Jan Xian and saved the Village - or at least most of it after the fire finally goes out...

---

(OOC: Combat is over! Don't forget to loot the bodies haha!)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 04:59:19 pm by BerkaZerka »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 14, 2014, 05:28:25 pm »

"Quickly Water Elemental, go put out the fire in the village!" Yuki commands now that the skeletons have been dealt with. She then takes a seat to catch her breath, quite tired after the fight.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 14, 2014, 06:11:50 pm »

"Great job everyone! Udo turn back to normal and heal Roka. Yuki go to the wujen and see what he had on him and if it is of any intrest." Rai says as he goes to where the demon was and looks for his sliver knives.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: July 14, 2014, 06:15:23 pm »

Roka simply sighs, after seeing that the zombies were gone.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 14, 2014, 07:25:26 pm »

Udinosaur shrugs at Rai, and decides not to turn back to regular Udo for now.

Swooping down to the ground and standing upright, he tries to put a wing on Roka. Meditating, he tries to Revitalize Roka with a touch.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 14, 2014, 11:50:22 pm »

Miya lets her guard down slightly now that the creatures are gone. She does however look at the village and begins to move in that direction.

As she does so she looks back at her fellow Samurai.
"Come on, the village is not yet saved. We must hurry to put out the fires."
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 14, 2014, 11:52:46 pm »

Roka nods, as he stands up, exhausted, after Udo revitalized him.

"Miya, we can't do anything that Udo and Yuki can not do." He sighs, still breathing heavily.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 15, 2014, 01:46:08 am »

Confident the rain and water elemental can save the village, Yuki walks over to the dead Wu-Jen and inspects him.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 15, 2014, 10:37:51 am »

Roka nods, as he stands up, exhausted, after Udo revitalized him.

"Miya, we can't do anything that Udo and Yuki can not do." He sighs, still breathing heavily.

Miya slows down, still looking at the village with sadness.
 "But, there must be something we can do to help them..." She eventually turns around and heads to Yuki and the fallen Wu-Jen.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 15, 2014, 11:36:24 am »

Using a surge to Animal/Human speak, Udinosaur pipes up, "Maybe we can evacuate the villagers?"

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 15, 2014, 03:09:29 pm »

Turning his oddly shaped head, trying to see if any of his team-mates are gonna help, Udo flies to the village, trying to save those who are trapped in burning huts already.

Thinking about it, they'll probably be freaked out by a Pteranodon. But Udo can speak Nipponese to them, so hopefully they won't run away from him.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 15, 2014, 04:35:17 pm »

With the deluge pouring down on the village and the water elemental striding now into it, the fires are quickly put out. The water is coming down so hard that the streets are flooding and folks are beginning to fear the river will rise out of its banks.

Udo meanwhile, flies up onto a house top and watches as the villagers shriek in panic and begin fleeing away. They do not seem interested in trying to hear what the giant flying reptile has to say over the din of falling rain.

Out in the fields meanwhile, the excavation site also begins to flood, and the Samurai realize that all their laborers are now gone. Only the teamsters responsible for driving the bone carts and the soldiers remain.

At the dead Wu-Jen, Yuki and Miya discover the evil venom-dripping dagger, a small magical mirror of some kind in a silver frame, a lustrous black pearl of arcane disposition, set in a gold imperial dragon claw, and a small bamboo flute (also magical).

Scattered across the field, where the Kenku fell, are a total of thirty two magical silver arrows.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 05:50:56 pm by BerkaZerka »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 15, 2014, 04:44:06 pm »

Yuki stops the rain now that the fire is out. She attempts to command the water elemental to get rid of the water that had begun to flood the excavation site and the town.

If she's able to, she'll try and determine what magical properties the shiny new objects have.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 04:46:48 pm by killa_robot »

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
Re: Mythic Nippon Adventure IVi
« Reply #370 on: July 15, 2014, 04:54:17 pm »

Rai having collected his weapons runs to the village to begin helping the people who are trapped and/or drowing.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 15, 2014, 04:56:37 pm »

Udo frowns, but seeing how the villagers are (rightfully) afraid of a talking dinosaur, he considers morphing back. But then he realizes then he'd be naked, and it'd be even more doubtful of them to be okay with THAT.

So he sees if anyone is in such an extreme crisis that they won't mind him, and if there isn't any he'll just have to head back, unmorph and get some clothes on.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 15, 2014, 05:44:16 pm »

Yuki stops the rain now that the fire is out. She attempts to command the water elemental to get rid of the water that had begun to flood the excavation site and the town.

If she's able to, she'll try and determine what magical properties the shiny new objects have.

"Interesting looking items, are they safe to touch Yuki?" Miya asks as she pulls out an arrow to tap each item in turn.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 15, 2014, 07:15:09 pm »

"Interesting looking items, are they safe to touch Yuki?" Miya asks as she pulls out an arrow to tap each item in turn.

"Sure, hehe. In fact, you should take some of these arrows." She remarks, pointing to the lightning arrows. Yuki then picks up the pearl, since she's the only person who actually gets a benefit from it.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 19, 2014, 03:28:22 pm »

With the fire out and the rain being dismissed and the huge flying reptile gone, the villagers finally recover their wits about them enough to stop fleeing and return to the village and the fields to begin cleaning up the mess and all of the dead.

As they haul the bodies of the dead laborers away, it occurs to the Samurai that now only the villagers are left to place that particular burden upon - unless they want to impose it on their teamsters and soldiers (which would be a serious dishonor to them)...

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: July 19, 2014, 03:37:11 pm »

Rai looks to the villagers having to clean up the dead and looks to one of the soilders and calls him over. Rai says, "Soldier go back to Sendi and inform the Exalted Patriarch Yasuo Sanjo and Master Wu-Jen Yunikawa of what happened here. Request more laborers and did not inform anyone else of the battle or what was said other then the two people I just  specified."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 19, 2014, 04:03:12 pm »

"As you wish," the soldier replies.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 19, 2014, 08:41:54 pm »

Roka shakes his head.

"No. There are enough villagers for this work. We shall just gather them up, and be done with it."

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 19, 2014, 09:25:37 pm »

Roka shakes his head.

"No. There are enough villagers for this work. We shall just gather them up, and be done with it."

Rai nods and says, "Yes but the High priest and Master Wu-jen need to be informed about what happened at the very least."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 19, 2014, 09:29:13 pm »

"Nope. If anyone knows, we die, along with these soldiers, and this village. We keep this event hidden, we burn this bastard's body," Roka says, spitting at the corpse yet again, "and never mention what happened."

"Story here is that the untouchables rebelled, and we had to kill them. That is all."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 19, 2014, 09:30:03 pm »

"I could send a messenger, then." Udo says. "But really, I think they'll notice that the wujen is gone Roka..."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 19, 2014, 09:31:11 pm »

"Nope. Again, nothing is mentioned. Do not send your bird." Roka says, command in his voice, even if he is exhausted.

"They will notice his disappearance, but it will take time for them to pin it on us. I will gather ties, and we will survive, but I need time to do so."

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 19, 2014, 09:36:01 pm »

Rai thinks about it and says, "I guess but we need to get the villagers and soldiers under our command to agree to it."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 19, 2014, 09:37:36 pm »

Rai thinks about it and says, "I guess but we need to get the villagers and soldiers under our command to agree to it."

Roka chuckles.

"Rai, when have I ever had trouble convincing anyone aside from you to do something?" He asks with a smile.

"Heck, look at Udo, ha ha!"

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 19, 2014, 09:38:00 pm »

Udo scratches his head and sighs, but continues,
"But..." Udo breathes, "It was Yunikawa who told us to do this. Unless he wants us dead too, he's on our side!"

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 19, 2014, 09:40:56 pm »

Roka chuckles.

"Rai, when have I ever had trouble convincing anyone aside from you to do something?" He asks with a smile.

"Heck, look at Udo, ha ha!"

Rai smirks and says, "Well somebody needs to be around to question you." Looking at Udo Rai says, "Yuikawa? I wouldn't trust him not to use this info and turn us in to gain favor."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 19, 2014, 09:42:46 pm »

"Rai, he's the freaking retired Wujen. He doesn't need favors." Udo stubbornly replies.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 19, 2014, 09:49:16 pm »

"We can worry about this later. We have only one problem though." Roka says, as he points at Lee.

"We can't trust him. He isn't Nippon, and he will sell us out instantly. Ichiro, kill him." Roka orders simply, as his student rushes towards the Korean and stabs at him with his weapon.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 19, 2014, 09:54:27 pm »

"Roka!" Udo says, "Ichiro, wait a second. Apprehend him, don't kill him!.. I dunno man..."

He looks around and scratches his head. "And the villagers are gonna be questioned, and no way in hell, maybe China, but no way in hell should we do that."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 19, 2014, 09:57:05 pm »

Ichiro doesn't hesitate, cause Roka's the master dude.

Roka then turns to Udo.

"What do you mean?"

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: July 19, 2014, 09:59:25 pm »

"Since, um, the Wujen guy we just killed went here. I have no doubt the Emperor or whatever is going to ask around what happened. And, well, the villagers existed when this happened. I don't they're blind."

He sighs, "And what about Shogota's men? They were just doing they're duties. I don't think we should kill them either."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 19, 2014, 10:01:24 pm »

"They would die if they admitted to this. The emperor will not find out for a little while if we keep this hidden. I doubt Jan Xian told the emperor what he was going to do, as he appeared right as we reached the skeletons."

"Shegota's men I can trust, as they are Nippon."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 19, 2014, 10:04:29 pm »

"And as they are Nipponese, they realize they have a duty." Udo adds on in a whisper to Roka, "And I dunno if they'll follow Rai. But it may be worth a shot. I just don't know, man. If they don't then we're done."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 19, 2014, 10:07:58 pm »

"And as they are Nipponese, they realize they have a duty." Udo adds on in a whisper to Roka, "And I dunno if they'll follow Rai. But it may be worth a shot. I just don't know, man. If they don't then we're done."

Roka returns in a whisper.

"No need. If they reveal the truth they also die."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 19, 2014, 10:12:43 pm »

Roka returns in a whisper.

"No need. If they reveal the truth they also die."
"Isn't the whole deal with being a samurai is that at least we-- they, die with honor?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 19, 2014, 10:15:29 pm »

"Isn't the whole deal with being a samurai is that at least we-- they, die with honor?"

"Of course. And what better honor is there compared to reconquering Nippon? We hide this event for a short while, and every magistrate in the Sendai province will be on our side, along with our Daimyo." Roka whispers back with a smile.

"We even have a figure head."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 19, 2014, 10:17:36 pm »

"We even have a figure head."
"I already noted that. We just have to hope they believe us and all of them are loyal. And what about the villagers?"

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 19, 2014, 10:40:57 pm »

Rai hearing the Daymio comment says, "If you guys are now on my side I have something to tell you about our Daymio."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 19, 2014, 11:57:47 pm »

"Rai, remember I'm on Nippon's side." Udo states, "What is it?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile