Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Mythic Nippon Adventure IV  (Read 181131 times)

cool74

• Cowboy
  • Sometimes good people do bad things.
    • View Profile
Re: Mythic Nippon Adventure IV
« Reply #450 on: July 22, 2014, 05:42:05 pm »

"It could be proven," Jenna says, "the Rokurokubi need to soak in vinegar at night. Anyone who was one, would have barrels of the stuff in their private chambers."

Rai then says, "Perhaps but he is with the Emperor now. No way would he leave that evidence here as he was away."
Ideals are peaceful; history is violent.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 22, 2014, 05:47:20 pm »

"Perhaps," Jenna says with thoughtful look, "but then Yuki didn't need any evidence of the battle that happened here long ago to make this field tell her about it..."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 22, 2014, 06:47:38 pm »

Roka nods at Jenna.

"Then do what she says. I have no doubt you'll find no trace of vinegar barrels. Ridiculous." Roka says, muttering the last part, and then begins to walk to the village.

"I'll take care of making them dig up the bodies. Just make sure nothing else happens to them."

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
  • Miya Sugai (Mythic Nippon)
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 22, 2014, 10:20:37 pm »

Miya walks quickly to Roka's side.
 "Do you remember the bath house when you wanted to talk to me? Well, my reasons to kill the Daimyo are connected to how I gained this scar and lost my father."

She puts her bow away as she continues.
 "I've sworn to avenge my father's death and bring back the honor that was lost to my family. Rokurokubi or not, he needs to die. I don't care if you are not willing to help me in this but I swore an oath to serve Nippon and not the Daimyo the day I became a Samurai. I've worked my whole life to find out if the Daimyo was the one who attacked my family and so far the answer has been yes."

"Now is there anything I can do to help with the villagers?"
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years." -Unknown
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 22, 2014, 10:51:53 pm »

Miya walks quickly to Roka's side.
 "Do you remember the bath house when you wanted to talk to me? Well, my reasons to kill the Daimyo are connected to how I gained this scar and lost my father."

She puts her bow away as she continues.
 "I've sworn to avenge my father's death and bring back the honor that was lost to my family. Rokurokubi or not, he needs to die. I don't care if you are not willing to help me in this but I swore an oath to serve Nippon and not the Daimyo the day I became a Samurai. I've worked my whole life to find out if the Daimyo was the one who attacked my family and so far the answer has been yes."

"Now is there anything I can do to help with the villagers?"

Roka sighs, and shakes his head.

"I can understand your wishes, Miya. Just make sure you find out the truth first, Sugai, as I doubt our daimyo would do that. As for the villagers, no, I should be able to convince them."

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 23, 2014, 08:27:14 pm »

Roka sighs, and shakes his head.

"I can understand your wishes, Miya. Just make sure you find out the truth first, Sugai, as I doubt our daimyo would do that. As for the villagers, no, I should be able to convince them."

Rai glad they moved on from the Daymio asks Roka. "Hey Roka, I really don't want to turn the entire village into untouchables can we maybe stretch the truth even further. So that the revolt happened after all the bones were grabbed?

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 23, 2014, 08:29:37 pm »

Roka blinks.

"Why? Who cares?" Roka asks, confused.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 23, 2014, 08:41:15 pm »

Roka blinks.

"Why? Who cares?" Roka asks, confused.

Rai sighs and says, "Because it is a kind thing to do? Because we are partly to blame for them having to touch the bones in the first place? Also if we do this for them they are even less likely to betray us.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 23, 2014, 08:50:03 pm »

Rai sighs and says, "Because it is a kind thing to do? Because we are partly to blame for them having to touch the bones in the first place? Also if we do this for them they are even less likely to betray us.

Roka stops.

"Rai, you are asking me to add to the already huge lie, and to hide the fact that these people are untouchables, just to be nice? Rai, they are just a bunch of random villagers. We will never see them again." Roka says with a laugh.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 23, 2014, 09:21:07 pm »

Roka stops.

"Rai, you are asking me to add to the already huge lie, and to hide the fact that these people are untouchables, just to be nice? Rai, they are just a bunch of random villagers. We will never see them again." Roka says with a laugh.

Rai shakes his head and says, "It is my duty as the last of the true Emperors line to protect  and care for everyone I can in Nippion. Even villagers I might never see again."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 23, 2014, 10:17:07 pm »

Rai shakes his head and says, "It is my duty as the last of the true Emperors line to protect  and care for everyone I can in Nippion. Even villagers I might never see again."

Roka strokes his goatee, and thinks for a bit.

"They are Nipponese. That is true." Roka says, nodding. "That is important to remember."

"Hmph... Fine, I'll try."

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 23, 2014, 10:18:10 pm »

Rai bows and says, "Thank you Roka."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 25, 2014, 06:42:23 pm »

With it decided to employ as many villagers as needed to complete the task set before them, Roka gathered the villagers of Kurokawa to deliver the hard news. They would be doing the work of the dead laborers and digging up the bones of the lost heroes of Nippon in their stead.

At first the Villages balked at the prospect of doing such demeaning work, especially when there were crops to attend to; but after a rousing speech by Roka, employing his Flawless Decorum, and explaining that no one outside of the Village would have to know about it – the villagers began to see it as an honor to even participate in such a magnanimous undertaking.

In fact, the Village Elder and his two Counselors broke down in tears, weeping as they threw themselves down before Roka sobbing – “Thank you! Thank you! Honorable One! Because of you, the spirits of the dead can finally have rest!”

“We will uncover their bones – let them see the light of the sun – to be no more forgotten – and see that they are brought back to their families; to their cities; and to their lords!”

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 25, 2014, 07:10:10 pm »

9th Day of Summer 1303
The Strange Well of Damned Souls

Having uncovered the secret of Kurokawa and freeing Nippon from the monstrous sorcerer Jan Xian, the Samurai organized the villagers and began once again to uncover the bones of the fallen heroes of Nippon.

The dig site however, proved to be much larger than anticipated – lying under the entire field Yuki had initially pegged as the battle site. On the 9th Day of Summer, after ten days of digging, an idea of its complete dimensions started to take shape and a rough body count began to be circulated among the awestruck workers.

Having uncovered roughly one fourth of the total area (and pulling nearly a thousand human skeletons form the ground each day), the number of dead (as Yuki had seen) would be close to forty thousand. This then had truly been a desperate and important stand; to have committed so much to one battle.

At this rate (remarkably fast, given all human effort without magic to assist), the Samurai were looking at least another month of effort before the whole site would be excavated and they could return to Sendai.

Then, later in the day, a sudden cry of excitement rang up from the villagers – looking out into the fields, the Samurai could see some of the villagers running towards and them pointing back to the dig – they had found something unusual.

“Honorable Ones!” they said, hastily bowing low at the realization that they had jumped official channels (there’s was to go through Shagota first) – “Forgive our haste to speak to you directly, but we have found something evil buried among the bones – a seal of some kind – fashioned from the moaning steel of the dead!”

As they spoke, Yuki realized that they must have finally dug deep enough to uncover the sealed well that Jan Xian had thrown the bodies of the dead Generals of Nippon down, after killing them and setting their heads free…

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 25, 2014, 07:25:09 pm »

"Have everyone leave the digging site for now. We'll take care of whatever evil lurks beneath." Yuki instructs, as she heads out to see the seal herself.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: July 25, 2014, 08:06:30 pm »

Miya quickly begins following Yuki.
 "The size of this excavation is surprising. I didn't expect such a large area."
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 25, 2014, 08:45:58 pm »

Miya quickly begins following Yuki.
 "The size of this excavation is surprising. I didn't expect such a large area."

Yuki nods in response. "Yes, and there's far more bodies to dig up still. It truly was a large battle that took place here."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 26, 2014, 09:33:53 am »

The villagers bow low and hurry to leave the field as Yuki had directed.

The Samurai then move to where the villagers had been digging.

There, in the freshly uncovered earth, was what looked like the top of a four-foot wide stone well, only with the top sealed over by a large plate of soulsteel.

The surface of this dark and magical metal radiated an unnatural cold and was polished to a deep glossy shine. It was almost as if someone could look into the metal itself – and indeed, when one stared at its surface too long, they would begin to see the twisted faces of the dead within.

Yuki, seeing this disturbing phenomenon for herself, activated her Sorcerer's Sight, expecting perhaps to understand the cause. But looking, could see no true spirits about – the ghostly images within had to be some kind of magic and not truly the souls of the dead.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 26, 2014, 01:19:56 pm »

"What do you see Yuki? Perhaps I can help."
 Miya activates her ruby and tries to see as her friend sees.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 06:59:07 pm by Fireplay »

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 26, 2014, 01:29:35 pm »

Rai looks at the seal and says, "Something tells me that whatever is under there will not be good for anyone."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 26, 2014, 05:33:18 pm »

Rai looks at the seal and says, "Something tells me that whatever is under there will not be good for anyone."

"Probably not..." Yuki replies.

"Well, let's open it." She adds, casting dispel magic on the seal.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 26, 2014, 05:51:25 pm »

"Probably not..." Yuki replies.

"Well, let's open it." She adds, casting dispel magic on the seal.

Rai jumps back and says, "Dammit Yuki stop being so impulsive."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 26, 2014, 06:11:21 pm »

No sooner than Yuki cast Dispel Magic on the soulsteel lid, it flew off in a burst of spiritual energy – and a myriad of unmanifested minor spirits flooded up from the well to disperse in all directions – A multitude of different shapes and sizes, from large lumbering vegetable spirits, to tiny rolling coin spirits, and everything imaginable in between.

The spirits, Yuki observed, must have been caught in the flow of energy from the spirit world into the Spirit Well, but since it was sealed up on this side, they sort of bottled up, until abruptly released.

Moving to the well and looking in, everyone could see that it was full of bones. But unlike those that had already been recovered, there was something different about these.

First, one could tell from the armor and still legible mons, that these were the remains of the Generals of the Armies of Nippon.

But there was something missing – no skulls – and there were scratches and abrasions covering every last bone – they had been gnawed on by human teeth – it was evidence of the cannibalism Yuki had seen.

Then, in sobering realization, the Samurai began to recognize the mons they were seeing. These were the names of some of the current ‘living’ Daimyos in the other Provinces of Nippon. If Yuki’s vision was true, then it meant that many of the Nipponese ruling body under the Chinese, really were ravening monsters in disguise among the oblivious masses they professed to protect!

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 26, 2014, 06:58:51 pm »

"This is just wrong. Burying people into a pit just to be forgotten."
 Miya says with a grim voice.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 08:07:05 pm by Fireplay »

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 26, 2014, 08:32:23 pm »

Rai looks into the hole and sighs, "It is as we feared. It seems that some of the ruling class is monsters. We need to be careful with these bones. I don't think that anyone other then us should know who these bones belong to..."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 26, 2014, 09:56:46 pm »

"Rai, their bodies are of the generals. Everyone will know who their bodies belong to. But that no matter, let's get the villagers to collect these bodies as well..." Roka says, looking around, and, not finding the soldiers or Lee, turns to the group.

"Where are the others?"

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 26, 2014, 10:23:55 pm »

"Rai, their bodies are of the generals. Everyone will know who their bodies belong to. But that no matter, let's get the villagers to collect these bodies as well..." Roka says, looking around, and, not finding the soldiers or Lee, turns to the group.

"Where are the others?"

Rai looks around and says, "I think we been betrayed by the soldiers."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 26, 2014, 10:28:10 pm »

Rai looks around and says, "I think we been betrayed by the soldiers."

"Rai, you are quick to blame. I doubt that, especially dice yet would not have been able to move that quickly. They were just here. Miya, Udo, can you guys make some searches?"

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 26, 2014, 10:31:58 pm »

Miya nods as she backs away from the hole.
 "I will search for them. If they are not in danger then I will report back as soon as I spot them."

Miya then moves off to find any trace of them. She decides to head in the direction of the nearest city if she can't find anything, figuring that if they were going to betray the Samurai then they would want to do it as quickly and quietly as possible.

[Use Eye's of the Eagle if I can to help with the Search/Spot Check]
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 12:10:11 am by Fireplay »

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 26, 2014, 10:38:26 pm »

Groaning at the bones of his heroes, Udo immediately begins looking for tracks, using his Unshakeable Tracking Method. Should be easy enough.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: July 27, 2014, 12:25:22 am »

Rai looks at Miya and says, "Hmm hey Miya activate your eye see if there are illusions around us."

Looking back to Roka he says, "You sure you want the villagers to know that many of the Daimyos are dead and some sort of monsters? I think that would cause panic and problems for us. We defintly need to have there bodies come out of there and if possible remove there emblems so that no one but us know who they are. The villagers don't have any idea what could have been there."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 27, 2014, 08:39:29 am »

When Miya and Udo go to the part of the Soldier's camp where they were holding the Korean Lee prisoner, they see no one there (including Lee).

A bunch of tracks (presumably the Soldiers) leave the campsite in a rush - and head toward the road leading away from the Village; while a single person's tracks (Lee's?) head right out of the midst of Soldier tracks and into the woods, where they abruptly stop short and are gone...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 11:47:35 am by BerkaZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 27, 2014, 08:43:11 am »

"Rai, no one would know. The mons are family names. No one would guess that since their families are the same, they are the same people."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 27, 2014, 11:21:21 am »

"Roka, the tracks lead away to the road away from the village. If we were to pursue them, it might be best to do it now."

Taking a deep breath, Udo continues, "As for the Korean, it seems like he was either forcibly carried away by some, err, thing, and disappears into the forest."

Standing up from a crouch, the Forest Ward sighs, and motions to his Tiger Companion, asking it to try to find Lee's scent.
"What should we do now?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 27, 2014, 11:41:05 am »

"Hmm... I'd rather find the soldiers instead of Lee. Yuki, can you summon an elemental to carry us and chase them?"

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 27, 2014, 11:56:51 am »

Miya heads back quickly after noticing what Udo was doing.
 "Perhaps a few of us could follow Lee as well? Just to see if we can capture him again; or kill him if needed."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 27, 2014, 12:01:42 pm »

Miya heads back quickly after noticing what Udo was doing.
 "Perhaps a few of us could follow Lee as well? Just to see if we can capture him again; or kill him if needed."

"We first move at the soldiers. It should be quick to deal with them, then we search for the bastard Korean."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 27, 2014, 12:04:18 pm »

"By then it may be too late." Udo says with a frown, "While some of us may want him dead, having him die in a forest is an insult."

He scratches his head, "My Tiger should be able to find him rather easily, and the catching the soldiers should me too hard with that mouth of yours haha. Perhaps I should quickly try and find him?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 27, 2014, 12:07:19 pm »

"By then it may be too late." Udo says with a frown, "While some of us may want him dead, having him die in a forest is an insult."

He scratches his head, "My Tiger should be able to find him rather easily, and the catching the soldiers should me too hard with that mouth of yours haha. Perhaps I should quickly try and find him?"

"Him dying is a good thing, I couldn't care less about how. We don't split the group when we don't have to. Who knows what caused this."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 27, 2014, 03:50:09 pm »

"Hmm... I'd rather find the soldiers instead of Lee. Yuki, can you summon an elemental to carry us and chase them?"

"Why? Just have Udo catch up to them and find out where they're going." Yuki replies. "We need to get the villagers back to digging."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 27, 2014, 03:58:22 pm »

"They seem or have left in a hurry..." Udo replies with a frown, "While it may end up just being nothing, I doubt it. They're leaving, or have already left. I can catch up to them if needs be, but I'd appreciate backup, as well as someone keeping an eye out for Lee."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 27, 2014, 06:59:39 pm »

"Why? Just have Udo catch up to them and find out where they're going." Yuki replies. "We need to get the villagers back to digging."
"They seem or have left in a hurry..." Udo replies with a frown, "While it may end up just being nothing, I doubt it. They're leaving, or have already left. I can catch up to them if needs be, but I'd appreciate backup, as well as someone keeping an eye out for Lee."
Roka sighs

"Alright, Udo, go ahead and find the soldiers. Try and grab Shegota, if you can, and bring him back to us. I'll have Miya look for Lee."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 27, 2014, 07:04:23 pm »

Of all people, I think I'm the least suited to do this...

Udo shrugs, "Right, I'll get to it. Uh, Miya, look in the forest area. Lee should be somewhere in there."

With a nod, Udo rides atop of Bleach, and tries to follow the tracks to find Shagota. When he catches up to them, he will try to not make him visible immediately, but will just see what the soldiers are doing.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 28, 2014, 03:58:50 pm »

In the forrest, Miya finds no trace of Lee.

Out on the road, Udo and Bleach see two soldiers jogging back towards the Village (headed in Udo's direction).

Shagota and the rest of the soldiers are nowhere to be seen.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 28, 2014, 04:01:17 pm »

Udo gets off of his ride and motions to Bleach to circle around them for a surprise attack on signal.

Udo takes a deep breath, and confronts the soldiers, "You two! Where have the rest of Shogota's men gone?"

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: July 28, 2014, 04:30:28 pm »

Rai being left with Roka and YUki asks, "So while there out what should we do?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 28, 2014, 05:40:20 pm »

Out on the road, the two soldiers stop and bow (as per normal protocol), then answer Udo - "We were unable to catch up with the Korean man (or find any sign of him); so Shagota and the others are going on ahead to try to overtake him. The two of us are headed back to report the current situation to Master Roka."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 28, 2014, 05:56:41 pm »

But Lee should be found in the Forest?..

Udo pauses, "Ahem, uh, while greatly appreciated, we feel it is unnecessary. May I escort you to ask Shogota to come back? We believe the Korean is closer-by."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 28, 2014, 06:24:12 pm »

"Oh?" the Soldiers ask puzzled - "Of course... Master Roka has new information then?"

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 28, 2014, 06:27:29 pm »

"Maybe... Why does Shogota believe the Korean is ahead? Have they examined any tracks?"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up