Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Mythic Nippon Adventure IV  (Read 181125 times)

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
Re: Mythic Nippon Adventure IV
« Reply #500 on: July 28, 2014, 06:52:47 pm »

Rai being left with Roka and YUki asks, "So while there out what should we do?"

Yuki tilts her head. "Have the villagers go back to work and watch them?" She asks.

cool74

• Cowboy
  • Sometimes good people do bad things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 28, 2014, 09:17:28 pm »

Rai shakes his head and says, "Without the soldiers I am not sure I want that many people doing something they dont want to do."
Ideals are peaceful; history is violent.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 29, 2014, 04:20:45 pm »

"Maybe... Why does Shogota believe the Korean is ahead? Have they examined any tracks?"

"Master Roka alerted us to his escape and told us that he had seen the Korean going down the road," the Soldier replies.

"As we had no idea how the Korean so abruptly managed to escape under our charge, Roka said he would give us the chance to redeem ourselves if we could catch him without his help."
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 04:22:33 pm by BerkaZerka »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 29, 2014, 04:39:45 pm »

Rai shakes his head and says, "Without the soldiers I am not sure I want that many people doing something they dont want to do."

Yuki puts her hand to her chin, seemingly pondering over something for a moment. Then she walks over to the villagers to tell them they can go back to work.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 29, 2014, 05:07:51 pm »

The villagers bow low and quickly reassemble on the field to commence digging once again.

Then the Village Elder and his two Advisors meanwhile, ask Yuki, "What would you have us do with the strange metal disk that covered the well?"

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 29, 2014, 05:41:25 pm »

"Master Roka alerted us to his escape and told us that he had seen the Korean going down the road," the Soldier replies.

"As we had no idea how the Korean so abruptly managed to escape under our charge, Roka said he would give us the chance to redeem ourselves if we could catch him without his help."
.... What? Roka would have told us about that. I think?

"That doesn't make sense..." Udo mutters. Suddenly, the. Outdoorsman remembers one of the many awkward conversations the group has and with the foreigner. Udo brings a hand to his face, "Crap... When did 'Roka' tell you this?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 29, 2014, 06:26:27 pm »

"It was right after one of the villagers came to tell us that you Samurai were going to see something they had found in the field and that there could be trouble," the soldier replies.

"When we turned back around after hearing the messenger, Master Roka was there, and he scolded us for not keeping a closer eye on the Korean - pointing out that he had just run off."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 29, 2014, 06:29:00 pm »

Udo breaths deep, "Alright... To put it simply, I highly doubt that was Roka. The Korean has an skill in facades, as well as being odd."

Udo bites his lip, "The question is, where did he go? Do you know where the imposter went after he scolded you? Uh, additionally, did anybody go to into the forest?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 29, 2014, 06:33:06 pm »

The soldiers' faces flush with a sudden realization of their failings.

"GAAH! Uh, no my lord!" they fumble, "He directed us forward and just watched us as we ran down the road... on our wild goose chase..."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 29, 2014, 06:39:35 pm »

"Yes, you were duped." Udo Kuwabara responds, annoyed at the current situation. "Quickly now, how long ago was this?"

With a sigh, he continues, trying to maintain an authoritative voice, "Find the rest of your group and get them back here, we need to find him. It... Is probably important."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: July 29, 2014, 07:15:49 pm »

The villagers bow low and quickly reassemble on the field to commence digging once again.

Then the Village Elder and his two Advisors meanwhile, ask Yuki, "What would you have us do with the strange metal disk that covered the well?"

"Hmm..." Yuki begins, "I think I'll investigate it further to decide what it is." She decides.

"Bring it to the side."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 30, 2014, 01:06:01 am »

"What do you think it is, Yuki?" Roka asks, wondering about the giant disk.

"Any guesses?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 30, 2014, 04:45:48 pm »

"It's made out of soulsteel," Jenna says, looking into the surface to see the trapped 'souls' within.

"Aside from being stronger and lighter than steel, the only other thing it does is record the anguish of those around it. If you look into it, you will see a reflection of the pain it caused the spirits it has come in contact with over time."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 30, 2014, 04:47:39 pm »

"Yes, you were duped." Udo Kuwabara responds, annoyed at the current situation. "Quickly now, how long ago was this?"

With a sigh, he continues, trying to maintain an authoritative voice, "Find the rest of your group and get them back here, we need to find him. It... Is probably important."

"It was about twenty minutes ago, sir!" one of the soldiers replies to Udo.

Then bowing, they turn and rush back down the road to try to catch Shagota and the others...

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 30, 2014, 04:53:16 pm »

20 minutes...
Udo looks to Bleach, and motions to him, "Do you smell his scent anywhere?" (OOC: It says on the lion stats that they track by scent as an edge, so assuming here).

Once again grabbing onto his spirit bonded friend, Udo looks for tracks as he heads back to the forest, unless Bleach smells elsewhere.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 30, 2014, 05:40:23 pm »

Bleach takes Udo into the forest where the tracks left the soldiers and then disappeared.

Miya is nearby - apparently lost in thought enough that Udo's arrival startles her a little (*ahem)...

Bleach looks up and indicates to Udo that the Korean man's scent goes up from the ground at this point.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 30, 2014, 05:43:31 pm »

The Outdoorsman scratches his head, "Oof, hopefully he doesn't know how to fly or something... Haha..."

Biting his lip, Udo looks up to the trees. Perhaps the coward climbed up one, like the squirrels do.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 30, 2014, 06:15:32 pm »

"It's made out of soulsteel," Jenna says, looking into the surface to see the trapped 'souls' within.

"Aside from being stronger and lighter than steel, the only other thing it does is record the anguish of those around it. If you look into it, you will see a reflection of the pain it caused the spirits it has come in contact with over time."

"You sure you want to look at it then, Yuki?" Roka asks.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 30, 2014, 06:26:16 pm »

"You sure you want to look at it then, Yuki?" Roka asks.

Yuki looks at the plate, then to Roka, back to the plate, then to Jenna, and finally back to Roka.

"Well, if Jenna already knows what it is there's no need. Let's just put it in one of our houses and decide what we want to do with it later."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 30, 2014, 06:50:41 pm »

Yuki looks at the plate, then to Roka, back to the plate, then to Jenna, and finally back to Roka.

"Well, if Jenna already knows what it is there's no need. Let's just put it in one of our houses and decide what we want to do with it later."

"....Um, I vote that angry spirits don't go into my house." Roka says, with a chuckle.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 30, 2014, 06:52:37 pm »

Looking in the trees, Udo, Bleach, and Miya find no further sign of the Korean Lee. He's long gone it would seem.

At length, the Soldiers all come back and the Villagers resume the dig, while the soulsteel lid that was sealing the Spirit Well is tucked away in the house where Udo and his animals are all staying.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
  • Miya Sugai (Mythic Nippon)
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 31, 2014, 01:00:24 am »

"It's likely a birdman had helped or captured him. Regardless, there is not much we can do about it now. We should head back Udo."
 Miya says while scanning the sky for Lee or a birdman.
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years." -Unknown
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 31, 2014, 04:41:19 pm »

Deciding she could help speed up the digging, Yuki summons a water elemental and orders it to assist with the digging.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 05:39:18 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 31, 2014, 05:44:09 pm »

9th Day of Mid Summer 1303
Return to Sendai

With the Spirit Well opened and the mysterious soulsteel lid removed, the work recommenced.

Yuki’s Water Elemental proved handy at saturating the ground and extracting bones from the mud – shaving ten days off the time it took to finish the entire dig. Bones were brought up out of the ground over the next twenty days and the laborers loaded them onto the wagons, which had been brought from Sendai in preparation for their transport.

So many bones there were, that it took four more wagons – commandeered from the Village of Kurokawa – just to contain them all. After being loaded, the bones were then covered under tarps and bound to prevent losing any; as well as to hide them from curious onlookers.

Once everything was ready, the Samurai and company of laborers, with the villagers who had volunteered their assistance, left Kurokawa and traveled back onto the Emperor’s road and up to Sendai. Again progress was slow, taking nine days to reach the Fortress City, but the villagers once more proved up to the task, working hard and pushing themselves much more than the ill-fated untouchables had on the way down to Kurokawa in the first place. Perhaps it was a boon after all that the original group had perished under Jan Xian’s evil hand.

Entering the gates of Sendai and heading directly to the main Shinto Temple, the populace with passing curiosity looked upon the caravan, but was not aware of what lie under the tightly bound tarps. It was best not to cause a scene, nor to speak of the bones, until the Exalted Patriarch Sanjo and his high-priests had been given a chance to properly bless them.

Arriving at the temple proper, the Samurai were met by both the Exalted Patriarch Sanjo and the Wu-Jen Yunikawa (apparently, messengers had already apprised them of their entry into Sendai). Additionally, the Korean man Lee stood behind Yunikawa with the three vampire Samurai-ko that nearly always accompanied the Wu-Jen.

Lee had Rai’s Cloud Flute tucked openly in his sash, as well as a handful of Lightning Arrows in a quiver. Off the ends of his great bow hung thirteen squirrel tails and he actually wore a foxtail off each hip. He glared daggers at Roka but was otherwise calm and Yunikawa seemed to not sense (or perhaps just ignored) the palpable tension in the air between the two.

“Well done!” the Exalted Patriarch Sanjo declared with raised hands, directing the monks and Priests of the temple to take over the handling of the wagons, so that they could be brought into the temple.

“You have brought great honor to Sendai and your family names this day!”

“Yes, a great day it is indeed,” Yunikawa agreed – “But I see from the missing laborers, that it was not without some small cost. Rest assured that it was not a price wasted nor will it be ignored by the Ancestors.”

“Certainly not,” Exalted Patriarch Sanjo interjects – “Your families (and even those of the lost) will be blessed for generations on behalf of this thing that you have done.”

“Nevertheless, I am sure we have things to speak of,” Yunikawa went on, specifically addressing the Samurai – “And, there is the matter of the promise I made with you concerning the little one Kioko.”

“Good good,” Exalted Patriarch Sanjo replied absently, not really listening anymore. He was very eager to get to the care of the bones, as the rituals to cleanse and bless them would take nearly two days – “My Priests will take it from here, you are free of the Temple’s service, as are the laborers and soldiers. If you will excuse me then…”

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 31, 2014, 06:11:43 pm »

Yuki's ears perk up at the mention of Kioko, as she eagerly waits to hear what Uncle Yunikawa plans to do.

cool74

• Cowboy
  • Sometimes good people do bad things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: July 31, 2014, 06:24:23 pm »

Rai nods and says, "Yes, "Uncle".  There is much to discuss." Looking to Lee Rai says, "Nice to see you made it back here safe."
Ideals are peaceful; history is violent.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 01, 2014, 01:44:19 pm »

Miya looks to Lee and nods before moving closer to Yuki. "I feel it's best if we wait until we are in a more private setting before discussing Kioko."
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 02:58:46 pm by Fireplay »
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 01, 2014, 03:26:33 pm »

Udo glares at Lee's squirrel tails before shifting his glance back to the Wujen. He nods and bows, but otherwise remains silent in anticipation.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 01, 2014, 04:12:10 pm »

Roka smiles, and bows to the leaving patriarch, before turning to Yukinawa.

"Thank you for giving us this honor, Uncle."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 01, 2014, 05:21:23 pm »

"So then," Yunikawa begins, "I have discovered a tree in the Spirit World that grows golden apples - which are an irresistible treat to the Ki-Rin. When these apples are offered up to the Ki-Rin on a Shinto-blessed silver platter, the Ki-Rin come and you can bid them to carry off to some far-away place in exchange for the gift."

Here Yunikawa motions to one of the Samurai-ko and she takes an ornate silver platter out from under a white silk covering. Careful not to touch the metal herself, she hands it to Roka.

"Here is a Shinto-blessed silver platter," Yunikawa rhetorically points out, "Go and fetch the So-Kitsune child and I shall open a Gate for you to that tree of golden apples. There you can summon the Ki-Rin to carry you all to the Ancestral Palace in the Heavens, where Kioko can finally join the Celestial Host. They will see to sending her home to the timeline where she belongs."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 01, 2014, 05:27:49 pm »

"Alright. Yuki, bring your mother and Kioko. I assume your mother will want to say goodbye to her."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 02, 2014, 01:27:47 am »

Yuki bows silently to Yunikawa then leaves to get her mother and Kioko, leaving everyone else to sit awkwardly in silence while she's gone.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 02, 2014, 12:48:39 pm »

Miya watchs Yuki leave before looking back at Yunikawa. "Excuse me 'Uncle', but I feel it best I be there with Yuki for Kioko, such a sudden change for her will be stressful." She then bows and leaves quickly. Hopefully catching up to Yuki and walking with her the rest of the way.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 03, 2014, 09:32:21 am »

Roka shrugs, and turns to the Wujen.

"Uncle, is there anything we should know before heading to the home of the ancestors?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 03, 2014, 09:38:01 am »

"Just be on you best behavior haha!" Yunikawa laughs, as if visiting the deified overseers of all civilization is no big deal, as long as you don't make waves...

"Oh, and Jenna, would not be welcome there," he adds offhandedly, "so she should probably remain behind on this one."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 03, 2014, 12:29:14 pm »

Roka chuckles.

"Sorry to hear, my dear. I'll bring you a souvenir." He says to Jenna, before looking back at the uncle.

"How long do you expect us to be there for?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 03, 2014, 03:36:41 pm »

"I can't really say," Yunikawa answers Roka, "After all, you were gone almost nine years the last time I sent you off into the spirit world..."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 04, 2014, 05:41:00 pm »

At Mama Shirahata’s house, Kioko was overjoyed to finally learn that she would be going home now. Tears welled up in Mama Shirahata’s eyes however; as she had grown to love the perpetually little foxgirl for the near decade that she had cared for her.

Keeping things on a happier note however, she hugged and kissed little Kioko and handed her the schoolbooks that Kioko had originally been found with.

“I love you both,” Mama Shirahata then said to Kioko and Yuki with a smile. Then to Miya, she added with smile, “and you’re not too bad yourself.”

Once final goodbyes had been said, Yuki, Miya, and Kioko, all headed to the Temple of the Ancestors to meet back with Yunikawa and the other Samurai.

Then, with a wave of his hand, the old Wu-Jen Yunikawa tore open a gate in the fabric of reality, leading to an ephemeral sylvan glen overlooking a lush green forest. Nowhere in Nippon looked so green, or vast, by comparison.

"I'll wait for you Roka," Jenna said, indicating that she would not be going with the Samurai this time. Roka smiled, but inwardly wonder how long this was going to take. He doubted that the Ancestor would fancy him summoning a demon to sate his Fiendish Lust up in their heavens, but who knew? Maybe there were some hot Ancestors up there he could hook up with... was that OK? Or would that just be gross (being that there were his Ancestors and all)?

Walking through the portal, the Samurai could see a short strange tree growing in the middle of the glen, hanging over a rocky brook of clear flowing water.

The bark of the tree had the look of red brass and the leaves were tinged with green and gold; while five shiny metallic apples of gold hung from the branches.

“Wow! What is this place?” Kioko asked, as the Samurai walked toward the tree.

No one could say really, other than it was some far away part of the Spirit World – Though words seemed to fail anyone to answer the little girl at the moment.

“Good luck!” Yunikawa called back though the gate – “May the Ancestors receive you well and grant your petition kindly!”

With that, the old mage turned away and the gate closed – leaving the Samurai alone in the eerily beauteous landscape.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 06:31:37 pm by BerkaZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 04, 2014, 06:06:37 pm »

"Well, let's head on quickly. We don't want to take too much time here." Roka says, still carrying the magical plate of blessingness, and motions to Udo.

"Can you get the golden apples?"

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 04, 2014, 06:15:08 pm »

Interested, Udo bends down to examine the tree. It would be pretty cool to see if one could plant these in the regular Earth. Perhaps he can get some apples for their seeds, if nothing else...

He looks to Roka and blinks, "Err, yeah. Let me try something here."

Holding his hands out, the Forest Ward tries to manipulate a large vine to safely carry an apple or two much closer to the group. At this point, once can never be too careful.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: August 04, 2014, 06:34:44 pm »

Udo has no problem roping two golden apples with his vines. In fact, he realizes that he didn't even have to push (Surge) himself to do that - as if he is somehow completely in tune with this strange place...

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 04, 2014, 08:39:32 pm »

Keeping Kioko close to her, Yuki investigates the tree, then picks up an apple to see if she notices anything unusual about the apple.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: August 05, 2014, 04:38:31 pm »

The apple is much heavier than a normal one and the skin appears to literally be made of a thin golden foil.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 05, 2014, 06:10:06 pm »

Unable to resist, Yuki eats the apple.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 06, 2014, 04:40:15 pm »

"Yuki? This is not the time to be eating spirit apples."
 Miya says with caution.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 06, 2014, 04:40:57 pm »

Too late Miya -

The golden apple tastes amazing and the metallic foil-like skin actually melts in Yuki's mouth like spun sugar candy. It is simultaneously the most crisp and sweetest thing she has ever tasted.

Other than a nice 'satisfied' feeling that Yuki gets afterwards, the apple appears to have no other unusual properties...

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 06, 2014, 04:43:42 pm »

"Hey," Kioko protests, "can I have an apple too?"

"Chirp!" the little chibbi-cloud readily agrees.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 07, 2014, 04:42:07 pm »

"Hey," Kioko protests, "can I have an apple too?"

"Chirp!" the little chibbi-cloud readily agrees.

Roka looks sadly at the child.

"I'm sorry, Kioko, but if you eat one, we won't have enough to get to your home!" He says. "Or at least, I think so."

Roka then takes the apples remaining from Udo, and puts them on the platter of magical blessing.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 07, 2014, 04:46:24 pm »

Udo, feeling empowered in the area, frowns at the fact that he'll probably have to leave soon. "Well, this has been pretty easy so far..."
An orchard of these would be very, very neat. If only for their aesthetic value. Udo takes a couple of moments to inspect the tree, trying to figure out where would be the best place to plant it before he speaks.

Seeing how Roka rudefully grabbed his apples, he directs his vines to get 1 more apple, and slips it into his waterproof case. "Uh, how were they, Yuki?"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 07, 2014, 05:11:42 pm »

Udo, feeling empowered in the area, frowns at the fact that he'll probably have to leave soon. "Well, this has been pretty easy so far..."
An orchard of these would be very, very neat. If only for their aesthetic value. Udo takes a couple of moments to inspect the tree, trying to figure out where would be the best place to plant it before he speaks.

Seeing how Roka rudefully grabbed his apples, he directs his vines to get 1 more apple, and slips it into his waterproof case. "Uh, how were they, Yuki?"

"Really sweet and tasty." Yuki answers. She debates eating another one, but figures she probably should eat too many apples from such a tree.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up