Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mythic Nippon Adventure IV  (Read 172772 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Mythic Nippon Adventure IV
« Reply #550 on: August 07, 2014, 05:22:21 pm »

As Roka puts the three remaining golden apples on the Shinto-Blessed silver platter, they begin to shimmer slightly and there is a noticeable shift in the direction of the wind.

A moment later, a loud split of thunder is heard and a sudden shower of crackling sparks rains down in the area around everyone – tinking off armor and bouncing across the lush green ground – yet not burning anyone or even singing the blades of grass they cascade over.

This display is then followed by the sound of a majestic whiney, as the clouds above the Samurai part like curtains and out gallops a fiery flaming Ki-Rin with a flowing golden mane. The magical beast has a long single horn and hooves that rain sparks as it gallops through the air; and is followed by a dozen other Ki-rin, all of various sizes – looking much like a family – though the Kir-Rin all appeared to be male.

The Ki-Rin then gallop down in a wide circle around the Samurai – to the astonishment and amazement of little Kioko – before slowing to a trot, as the largest of their number, the leader who had come out of the clouds first, moves over to sniff at the tray of golden apples.

It then eats an apple and gives a snort, after which, two other of the larger Ki-Rin trot over to the tray. As these each munch on one of the remaining apples, the leader of the Ki-Rin moves over to Roka and put its nose under his hand, nickering as it does so. Once the other two Ki-Rin have eaten their apples, they too in turn chose a passenger (Miya and Rai) and stand beside them, waiting.

The littler Ki-Rin meanwhile, all make their way to Kioko and began to playfully nudge at her with their heads, apparently trying to get her to respond to them, but Kioko remains more nervous than receptive to their actions, as if not sure wheather they want to play or are just trying to knock her over.

“They don’t touch the ground,” she observes, taking a step back from them to find safty behind Yuki and Miya – “and their fire doesn’t hurt the ground.” Then seeing that Roka was actually touching one of the fiery beasts, she asked – “It doesn’t burn?”

Roka and the other Samurai meanwhile, could tell that the Ki-Rin were safe to touch, but only because they were being allowed by the Ki-Rin to do so. That, and the Ki-Rin were intelligent and could understand them. Indeed, the Ki-Rin seemed to be able to communicate in a non-verbal way and were even now thanking them for the delicious apples and were ready to take them to wherever the Samurai wanted to go.

Of course, there was the slight problem of there being five Samurai and a little girl, while only three of the Ki-Rin summoned actually seemed to be offering any rides…
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 05:25:24 pm by BerkaZerka »

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 07, 2014, 05:30:03 pm »

Udo tries to speak to the uncooperative ones, maybe it'll be easier here too. "Err, uh, Kirin! Is it possible for you to help us?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 07, 2014, 05:34:17 pm »

The leader of the Ki-Rin trots over to Udo and noses his bag (where he put the last apple). Udo can tell that the Ki-rin is wondering why Udo is holding out on them.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 07, 2014, 05:38:47 pm »

"They... This is amaizing.." Roka mutters

"It's like the fire elementals, but just more regal."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: August 07, 2014, 05:43:03 pm »

Udo frowns, "I wanted to be able to bring some of this world to my own. To remember, as well as to enjoy.

Not wanting to disrupt the heavenly ecosystem, Udo Kuwabara brings out the waterproof case with the apple (still closed). With a bow, he continues, "If this is, um, wrong, then feel free to take it as well. I only wish to be able to have a link back to a place like this."

cool74

• Cowboy
  • Sometimes good people do bad things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: August 07, 2014, 06:13:59 pm »

Rai pets the spirt on the head and says in no small amount of amazment, "It seems the Ki-Rin have made the choice of who should come with them. I would be honored to be taken on this trip by such a regal being."
Ideals are peaceful; history is violent.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 07, 2014, 06:17:18 pm »

"Rai, we aren't leaving everyone behind." Roka says, shocked Rai would suggest such a thing.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 07, 2014, 06:41:47 pm »

"Rai, we aren't leaving everyone behind." Roka says, shocked Rai would suggest such a thing.

Rai looks at him and says, "Unless Udo can convince more of them to take riders. I don't see how we have a choice. We have to take Kioko to the palace of the ancestors. Also we need to speak with them as well. I am sure one of them may know more about the Rokurokubi  hiding in our society and how to defeat them."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 07, 2014, 06:52:44 pm »

Rai looks at him and says, "Unless Udo can convince more of them to take riders. I don't see how we have a choice. We have to take Kioko to the palace of the ancestors. Also we need to speak with them as well. I am sure one of them may know more about the Rokurokubi  hiding in our society and how to defeat them."

"We'll find a way, we aren't leaving the group by themselves in the middle of nowhere." Roka states.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 07, 2014, 06:56:35 pm »

"We'll find a way, we aren't leaving the group by themselves in the middle of nowhere." Roka states.

Rai replies, "Alrighty then." Looking towards Udo he asks, "Can you convince that tree to bear more furit or convince the horses to take more people?"

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 07, 2014, 07:02:33 pm »

Rai replies, "Alrighty then." Looking towards Udo he asks, "Can you convince that tree to bear more furit or convince the horses to take more people?"
Udo looks at him, dead pan. "Trees can't speak." Yet... Maybe.

He shakes his head, "Talking to the Kirin as we speak, Rai. I mean, really, what do you think I'm saying to them right now?"

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 07, 2014, 07:33:42 pm »

Udo looks at him, dead pan. "Trees can't speak." Yet... Maybe.

He shakes his head, "Talking to the Kirin as we speak, Rai. I mean, really, what do you think I'm saying to them right now?"

(UMM How would Rai know that he is talking with the horses?)

Rai looks at udo and says, "I didnt know that however could you not use your powers to accelerate the growth of some of the apples in the tree?"

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 07, 2014, 07:37:10 pm »

(Because Udo was making funky animal noises XD)

Udo scratches his head, "Err... I don't think so. But maybe. It's not a bad idea but... It's tampering. But, perhaps."
With a nod, Udo once again examines the tree. Can his ForestWard Powers bend nature that far?

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 08, 2014, 04:20:32 pm »

Placing a hand on the tree and concentrating (Surge), Udo is able to feel the life force of the tree and direct its flow into four points along its branches.

Slowly, little red buds pop up, blossom, and then swell into four more golden apples.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 08, 2014, 04:22:04 pm »

"Good going Udo!" Roka says, smiling. "You know what to do."

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 08, 2014, 04:24:29 pm »

Placing a hand on the tree and concentrating (Surge), Udo is able to feel the life force of the tree and direct its flow into four points along its branches.

Slowly, little red buds pop up, blossom, and then swell into four more golden apples.
\

Rai nods his head and says, "Good job Udo. I knew you could do it."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 08, 2014, 04:43:28 pm »

What the fark

Udo nervously smiles, "Um, yeah. Thanks for believing in me, Rai." Still baffled, he ropes 3 more apples, offering it to the Kirin in return for carrying them all.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 08, 2014, 06:17:01 pm »

Now with plenty of golden apples, Udo took two and placed them on the silver tray.

Two more of the adult Ki-Rin trotted over to nibble up the delicious treats – and strangely, seemed to be racing to see who would finish theirs first. The winner then bolted over to Yuki with a triumphant whiney and the loser more or less moped over to Udo.

Udo meanwhile, eyed the Ki-Rin that had come to him and somehow got the feeling it too was eying him back, as if to complain that Udo was too big and ‘why did it always have to be the one to carry the Sumo guys’.

“I am not a Sumo guy,” Udo stated flatly, as he mounted the magical beast. At that however, his Ki-Rin snorted loudly and the rest of the Ki-Rin seemed to whiney laughingly in response.

“What about me?” Kioko asked, as she saw the Ki-Rin assigning themselves riders and that she was left without. Apparently, the younger Ki-Rin were not going to carry her at all.

Udo then took out another golden apple, but Kioko, fled away from it.

“Oh no, I want to ride with Yuki!” She protested.

Perhaps that was a better plan, since a fall from as high as the Ki-Rin could no doubt fly would kill a person. It wouldn’t do to have Kioko go through that again.

Yuki helped Kioko up in front of her and hopped onto her Ki-Rin’s back. As she did so, she couldn’t help but notice that the little cloud spirit with Kioko seemed extra excited by the prospect of riding on a Ki-Rin and seemed to glow a bit brighter than usual.

Once settled, Kioko smiled; “I like horses, but I never saw one on fire.”

At that comment, the Ki-Rin all whinnied lightly in unison to each other, as if chuckling at the little foxgirl’s innocence.

The Ki-Rin that approached Rai meanwhile, readily allowed him to mount up and stamped at the ground impatiently once Rai was seated. Rai got the feeling that his mount considered itself the fastest and was eager to prove it once the group was on its way. When Rai asked the Ki-Rin its name, the image of wind howling violently down the walls of a canyon came into his mind.

As Miya climbed up on the Ki-Rin that had chosen to serve her, she noticed that the Ki-Rin’s horn was somewhat shorter than the others’. Looking closely, it was apparent that the end of its horn had actually been broken off in some kind of battle – though not too recently.

Roka then mounted the Leader of the Ki-Rin. Once on its back, he noted that the Ki-Rin seemed exceptionally muscular and sturdy, though not too uncomfortable to ride upon. Its long soft mane seemed strong as well, providing a more than adequate handhold, and was a strange mixture of hair and flames.

Asking the Leader its name, Roka saw in his mind an image of colorful streaks of neon light dancing across the cold night sky (the aurora borealis) and he could tell that this was how the Ki-Rin was known among its own kind.

Lastly, Udo mounted up – to the loud groans and wobbly legs of his own mount. Great. He had to have drawn the comedian of the lot…

“Honorable Ki-Rin,” Roka said to the leader, “we seek to visit the Ancestral Palace in the Sky and thank you for your help in this matter.”

Then, when everyone was ready, the leader of the Ki-Rin whinnied loudly and reared back, pawing at the air with its forelegs. A cascade of iridescent sparks flew from its hooves and again the clouds were parted; opening before the Samurai like a curtain.

Kioko gasped in giddy surprise as the Ki-Rin reared up, and Yuki of course shifted her weight appropriately to remain on the beast’s back, but noticed in doing so, that something was holding her and Kioko in place – it was the magical fire of the Kir-Rin that now enveloped them – and Yuki realized that it was impossible to fall off a Ki-Rin’s back, as long as it wanted you to remain there.

Rai’s mount meanwhile, fidgeted and snorted in anticipation of a race, but waited for its leader to enter the sky first. As it did so, the younger Ki-Rin trotted over and crowded around the older Ki-Rin, apparently trying to nudge their way in front of it. Rai’s mount stamped at the ground a few times and then backed up, allowing all of the younger Ki-Rin to line up ahead of it.

At that point the Ki-Rin leader dashed suddenly through the sky and into the clouds, followed by the rest of the Ki-Rin – last of all, Rai’s mount – that seemed to intentionally linger after all the others had passed through the portal.

As they went up, Kioko began to glow softly for some odd reason – though she did not seem to notice the glow herself.

The Ki-Rin meanwhile, took to the air, flying up higher and higher like shooting stars at tremendous speed. As they did so, the younger Ki-Rin broke from the pack and galloped up ahead as fast as they could, until they appeared as little flecks of fire on the horizon.

Then came by Rai’s mount – a blazing fiery streak that shot past like a bolt of lightning – crossing the distance between the Samurai’s mounts and the younger Ki-Rin in the blink of an eye and a moment later doubling that distance again.

Rai meanwhile, had never experienced such incredible speed – It truly was like being a bolt of lightning! When his mount finally slowed and began trotting leisurely through the air to wait for the others, Rai found himself trying to swallow his heart back down from his throat and was wiping the tears from his eyes – that and he was pretty sure his hair was now spiked back…

As the rest of the Ki-Rin climbed to reach Rai’s mount, the Samurai on their backs could look back to see the land growing larger and larger below them. It was an amazing sight, so high above the World; able to see from one side of Creation to the other. But it wasn’t over Nippon, it was somewhere else – a place they had never been, yet somehow hauntingly familiar.

Then, as they continued to climb, the land seemed to shrink away, getting smaller and smaller below them, until it no longer was at all. Lost in an endless expanse of cloud-filled sky.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 08, 2014, 06:19:15 pm »

Once the Samurai had all stepped through the portal, Yunikawa dismissed it and turned to Jenna.

“I trust that your affections for the man were simply ‘business as usual’ and that there are no ‘complications’ or feelings for the poor fool?”

“Of course not Master,” Jenna answered, “he (more so than most men in fact) is easily manipulated.”

“Yes,” Yunikawa agreed, calling forth the terrible four-armed demoness – Kyoso-No-Oni – from the ground before him.

The monsterous creature bowed low to Yunikawa and smiled cruelly, speaking in a voice wholly wicked and corrupt – “It is as thou hast said great master – the Samurai are gone.

Yunikawa then laughed, unable to contain his evil delight any longer – “Ha ha ha ha! The foolishness of youth! Little do they know what they have placed into my hands this day!”

“And with them busy, running that insignificant little girl across the whole of the Spirit World,  there are none powerful enough in Sendai to stop us!”

“Summon the others and prepare for the attack! You know what to do – but leave Exalted Patriarch Sanjo to me – him I will deal with personally.”

---

END
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up