Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Hive of Scum & Villainy  (Read 88830 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Hive of Scum & Villainy
« on: May 17, 2014, 10:59:51 am »

Hive of Scum & Villainy

You are all aboard Wrench’s ship, ‘The Cardinal’, headed through Hyperspace to the Smuggler’s Moon, Ceres. Having heard of the ‘pirate paradise’, you and the newly minted crew have hopes of joining up with the scum that make Ceres their home, in order to make a name for yourselves – not to mention collecting your fortunes along the way. Everyone on the crew has heard of each other before; though this is the first joint venture for many of them. It remains to be seen if you have what it takes to mesh together into something to be reckoned with – or if you’ll just bring your own destruction down around yourselves through inter-party conflict and betrayal.

Recently, a new contact on Mars, by the name of Purgatory Bill, has sold the crew the time and coordinates of the current Gate Opening to Ceres, in which you now find yourselves. The information did not come cheap however, and everyone is anxious to get through the wormhole and land a job as soon as possible to bring the funds back up.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 09:33:43 am by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Hive of Scum & Villainy
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 09:35:10 am »

It will be a twenty-four hour trip through Hyperspace. Perhaps now would be a good time to get to know the rest of the crew...

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 11:29:01 am »

Talyn lights up and takes a long drag while ruffling through the kitchen, looking for something good to eat.

Turning on the micro com-link, he addresses everyone.

"Hey, we got anything left in here? I'm absolutely starvin' "

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
  • Keitaro Hokusai, the Drunken Ox of Sendai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 11:43:31 am »

The gravity control huns around Maurice who has found this is a perfect place to center himself as not many more even come around here. That is, until the micro com squeals to life. Startling him and making him jump to his feet and hit his head.

"Ouch, dammit! Seriously! Just look in the cabinets!" He shouts into the micro com.
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 11:44:31 am »

"Nothing good." Aadi responds, grunting. "We better get a good gig at Ceres. The joining fee was farking ridiculous."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 11:55:56 am »

"Nothing good." Aadi responds, grunting. "We better get a good gig at Ceres. The joining fee was farking ridiculous."
"Tell me about it." Julia replies "I had to... Or lets not's discuss that." she said with a gorgoes innocent laugh after.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 12:15:31 pm »

"Well since we're all just going to blab all day. What exactly are we doing when we get to the gate?"
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 12:21:09 pm »

Wrench  joins in having strained to hear whats going on over the noise of the controle panels and his bad hearing. "Since I'm the one flying the ship, we are getting through fast and getting a job to make sure we can keep her flying otherwise your all getting stranded on the surface."
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 12:33:07 pm by Forge »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 12:31:38 pm »

"We joined up to go to Ceres for a reason, Wrench. 'Course we're gonna find a damn job. Staying broke isn't the reason I joined."

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 12:38:04 pm »

Tristan's not saying anything at the moment, just kind of . . . observing Julia.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2014, 12:39:09 pm »

"We joined up to go to Ceres for a reason, Wrench. 'Course we're gonna find a damn job. Staying broke isn't the reason I joined."

"Hear hear!"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2014, 02:11:33 pm »

Tristan's not saying anything at the moment, just kind of . . . observing Julia.

"See anything you like dear?" Julia asked him, swaying her hips in a most sensual way as she walked slowly towards him.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2014, 06:04:32 pm »

"Balls, I was hopin' for a little something more than paste before getting to Ceres.

Anyways, i'm guessin' we start looking for some jobs? I'm sure we could get one or two in the city, or maybe we can get ourselves enlisted for a raid."

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2014, 06:08:24 pm »

"See anything you like dear?" Julia asked him, swaying her hips in a most sensual way as she walked slowly towards him.

Tristan closes his eyes and turns his head away from her.
Dammit, she is going to be trouble.  I hate space.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2014, 06:39:39 pm »

"Oh, closing your eyes are we? Afraid to see where the endless night of space could take us darling?" She asked, in very, very erotic way

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2014, 06:41:51 pm »

Wrench concentrates on checking all of his scanners for now, even if they paid a high price for the gate timing, its still dangerous and pirates attack other pirates so he doesn't want any surprises for now. (He only uses the passive scanners so his scanning cannot be tracked)

OOC: Are the scanning devices listed in the info section passive or non-passive? "such as radar, signal trackers, infrared, and magnetic detection" ie. Am I sending out a massive trackable pulse to locate the other ships like in traditional raidar or simply listening for other ships signals etc? I am assuming the raidar is non-passive and the others passive but does that even matter in this game?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 06:46:39 pm by Forge »

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2014, 06:51:51 pm »

"Oh, closing your eyes are we? Afraid to see where the endless night of space could take us darling?" She asked, in very, very erotic way

"I'm going to be sick," Tristan mutters faintly.  Turning back towards Julia, he looks her right in the eyes and enunciates clearly: "Literally every other man on board this ship has more interest in your scrawny, disease-ridden carcass than I do.  I want nothing to do with a tattooed tramp who thinks she can get whatever she wants with her southern nebula. Go slobber on someone else."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2014, 07:22:13 pm »

"I'm going to be sick," Tristan mutters faintly.  Turning back towards Julia, he looks her right in the eyes and enunciates clearly: "Literally every other man on board this ship has more interest in your scrawny, disease-ridden carcass than I do.  I want nothing to do with a tattooed tramp who thinks she can get whatever she wants with her southern nebula. Go slobber on someone else."
OOC: Oh snap!

BIC: "Oh darling, thats what you were thinking about hahahaha" She replied with a hearty laugh. "There's no better way to get to know your... crewmates than trying to seduce them. But i guess you roll the other way, eh mr butt-rider?" she asked, with a hearhy smile.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
  • Miya Sugai (Mythic Nippon)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2014, 08:04:51 pm »

Anath finally speaks into his micro com, clearly annoyed.
 "If you two are going to flirt and 'seduce' one another then turn of your micro's first. I'd rather not be distracted from my work here."
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years." -Unknown
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2014, 09:09:29 pm »

Sitting in the living space with Seth and Julia, Nigel finally decides to speak up.

"Listen 'er lass, ain't none of us want nothin' to do with ya, ya hear?"

He says, spreading his legs across the couch and generously grabbing his crouch.

"Ain't no good treatin' a mate like a lass. You girl, ain't no lass, you're a mate. Understand, lass?" He asks, looking at Julia.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2014, 09:54:48 pm »

"You say this trying to prove some point i think, but that was lost when you started touching yourself." Julia replied, winking at him, but turning her com-link off, while completly ignoring Anaths little statement.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2014, 10:35:51 pm »

Wrench speaks up over the comm "I have no idea what your talkin about but can we keep the general comm free for when we really need it? If were gonna get hit it will be right as we exit the gate"

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2014, 12:44:50 am »

Anath sighs on his end of the Com.
 "Fine, fine. I'll keep silent as long as we don't suddenly start hearing 'certain' sounds on the Com... So how much longer until the gate opens for us?"
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2014, 01:36:15 am »

"So hey, pilot, where'd you learnto fly?"

Asks Talyn, as he stares suspiciously at a bottle of Nutrient paste! he retrieved from the freezer.

"Also, what the hell is nutrient paste?" He asks as he squeezes out some of the vile-looking gelatinous stuff.

"And why would anyone ever buy it?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2014, 11:37:35 am »

"What da hells a leantoo? Oh wait, learned above Venus. Plenty O people forget that the big shiny cities need plenty of less shiny ships to do their dirties jobs. After that I ran dangerous cargo jobs for a company as pilot and mechanic and worked my way up to buying this beautiful piece of mechanical perfection. Now who wants to check what flavour of paste we got this time, great stuff"

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2014, 11:49:15 am »

Maurice shakes his head realizing he isnt going to get any meditation done with all the banter and makes his way to the Galley. Might as well try this nutrient paste...

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2014, 03:07:31 pm »

Julia, not really liking the uncouth mercanery, nor that other gay dude decides to turn her com-link on again. "Anyone know of any fun to do? Im getting bored by all this flying." She asked her fellow crew.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2014, 03:25:57 pm »

Julia, not really liking the uncouth mercanery, nor that other gay dude decides to turn her com-link on again. "Anyone know of any fun to do? Im getting bored by all this flying." She asked her fellow crew.

As he made his way to the other deck, he responds on his com link, "You could make me a sandwich, might as well do something useful." He then snickers to himself...

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2014, 03:30:33 pm »

As he made his way to the other deck, he responds on his com link, "You could make me a sandwich, might as well do something useful." He then snickers to himself...
"Would you like a black eye to go with that sandwich?" She asked i in a friendly manner.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2014, 03:35:03 pm »

"I like the crusts cut off, not too much mayo, lots of bacon and lettuce, and a thick slice of tomato. You could manage that right?"

He completely ignores her black eye comment and continues to egg it on.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2014, 05:27:59 pm »

"What da hells a leantoo? Oh wait, learned above Venus. Plenty O people forget that the big shiny cities need plenty of less shiny ships to do their dirties jobs. After that I ran dangerous cargo jobs for a company as pilot and mechanic and worked my way up to buying this beautiful piece of mechanical perfection. Now who wants to check what flavour of paste we got this time, great stuff"

There's a spitting sound over the micro-com.

"I think we got some ass-flavoured paste, with a small but noticeable dash of shit added in for texture."

Talyn promptly puts the thing back into the freezer.

"You think we might get attacked on the way to Ceres? Pirates about, after all". He says, with a slight smirk.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2014, 04:58:13 pm »

Following the twenty-four hour trip through Hyperspace, the ship finally exits the orbiting Hypergate above the tiny backwater moon of Ceres. As could be expected, giving the reputation of the place, that is when things immediately get more interesting…

As the ship comes through the Hypergate, the wormhole behind collapses and an immense electromagnetic pulse slams into the ship from the right side. Immediately, the ship’s host of circuit breakers all pop, as the computer crashes, and the entire ship goes dead.

Looking outside, you see a Pirate Gunship (frigate) and two Pirate Hyjackers (scout ships) waiting for you. As your now helpless ship drifts past, the Pirate Hyjackers fly in to clamp onto your hull – one on the portside of the aft hold (deck 1), and the other on the starboard airlock (deck 2).

You also know what they will do next – they’ll weld through the hull and come aboard to finish you off…

On the bride meanwhile, ‘Wrench’ Looks out toward the Pirate Gunship and notices someone on the gunship’s bridge waving at him with a big ‘shit-eating’ grin.

It’s Purgatory Bill – your Mars contact!  He has set you up!

---

(OOC - Gravity is out!)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 05:19:23 pm by BerkaZerka »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2014, 05:06:11 pm »

Talyn checks and makes sure his riot-gun is fully loaded, and, with his super-sexy cyborg sword at his side, asks into the comlink.

"Ah Fark, it's pirates isn't it?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2014, 05:09:30 pm »

Wrench immediatly gets on the comm on all channels "Its a raid! two scouts and a frigate, Bill set us up. Prepare to repel boarders! And someone get those breakers back on!" He immediatly starts using his experience in zero G and his Zero G harness to move quickly towards his breakers to begin trying to restore power, maybe if he gets power back he can get the guns working at least.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 05:58:18 pm by Forge »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2014, 05:16:52 pm »

"Fark." Aadi simply says, as he pulls out his gun.

"Damn bastard, if we survive this, I'll kill him myself."

"But first, I need to grab my lopan. 'Scuse me." He says on the com link, as he runs to his cabin to get his lopan, though as soon as he begins, he feels himself floating upwards.

"Dammit!" Aadi shouts, 'swimming' to his cabin
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 05:25:14 pm by Aman »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2014, 05:23:32 pm »

"Wrench, how long till you can get the gravity back up?" Talyn says, as he begins flinging himself (taking advantage of his largely inhuman strength) across the halls, moving himself to the starboard airlock.

If he gets stuck in the air, he'll merely use the blowback from his gun to push him to a wall.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 05:28:47 pm by Drakilian »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2014, 05:26:05 pm »

Wrench immediatly gets on the comm on all channels "Its a raid! two scouts and a frigate, Bill set us up. Prepare to repel boarders! And someone get those breakers back on!" He immediatly starts running for his breakers, maybe if he gets power back he can get the guns working at least.

"Bloody hell!" Nigel yells, pulling out his riot gun.

"I'm gonna ring that wankers neck if I get my hands on 'em! Where they boardin' from?"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2014, 07:07:07 pm »

Julia sighs heavily."tut tut tu.. Men." She shakes her head as she feels herself levitate.

"I'll guess ill go with guns-for-us here." She said, as she 'swam' towards a fire extinguisher, tried to take it, mount it, and fly away while yelling "HEY HO SILVER AND AWAAAY!"
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 08:03:16 pm by Daedalus »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2014, 08:20:20 pm »

"Its gonna take me some time to get things back up, they hit us with a powerful EMP, I'll work on this and the rest of you take out the boarding parties. Should be two groups O them. one on the portside of the aft hold (deck 1), and the other on the starboard airlock (deck 2)." Wrench gets to work on getting the ship running again (OOC: would using a luck point here reduce the time needed to get power back?)

After a few seconds wrench has an idea and adds. "And take their ships once you kill them, can always use more ships."
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 08:40:30 pm by Forge »

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2014, 08:42:34 pm »

Tristan very, very carefully draws his pistol and attempts to hold on to something- anything- to keep from spinning, floating, or doing anything else involving movement of any kind.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2014, 08:58:04 pm »

"Aye. Then I'll be headin' to the starboard airlock. Them wankers ain't getting on this boat!"

Nigel says, making his way to the starboard airlock.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2014, 08:59:14 pm »

"What is going on out there?!"
 The Doctor yells into the com before pulling out his Spray Tranquilizer and preparing for the worst as he begins to float off the ground.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 09:48:50 pm by Fireplay »

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2014, 09:39:32 pm »

Maurice who seems to have been caught between decks in the attack rushes back down to gravity control and starts working on getting it back up if at all possible.

"Guys i am just a few steps from gravity control, give me a second and I will try to get this working for us. Float something heavy over wherever they are coming in, so that when gravity comes back online whatever is floating will slam down onto their heads. Lets try to time this right here...."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2014, 09:08:17 am »

"Aye. Then I'll be headin' to the starboard airlock. Them wankers ain't getting on this boat!"

Nigel says, making his way to the starboard airlock.
OOC: consider the "Hey Ho silver and away" part to occur following Nigel.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2014, 04:59:10 pm »

As everyone rushes to positions or acclimate to zero-g, Wrench frantically tries to re-establish power to the ship and sees that it will take about three more Rounds.

The Pirates meanwhile, clamp onto the hull, and start grinding on the metal to remove the graphite heat shield - meaning they will probably burn a hole through the bulkhead with thermite...

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2014, 05:05:09 pm »

Talyn continues as before - but he will stop well before he gets to the airlock gates, to get some sort of suit to resist against the inevitable vacuum, anticipating a ball-bustingly enormous explosion from the thermite charges.

He will try and find some place to anchor himself to (right-side up, for when the gravity is back) and fire on the entering enemies.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 07:13:03 pm by Drakilian »

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2014, 06:58:18 pm »

Tristan, having realized that the pirates are trying to open a hole in the ship and kill them all, heads towards where he saw Julia get the fire extinguisher, hoping to get one of the suits stored there. 

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
Re: Hive of Scum & Villai
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2014, 07:01:03 pm »

Julia, realising if they brakentrough the hull, the air would go. Continues her Max dash with the fire extinguisher towards a skin suite. Then she will try to make her way to Wrench's ship. if they are on their way in, it probarly wont bemuch out there.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 06:27:30 pm by Daedalus »

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2014, 07:25:00 pm »

Anath realizes what is going on and quickly starts moving to get a skinsuit or Vac-suit(which ever is closer, likely a skinsuit.) on before the air goes. If possible he will also head to the engine room seeing as how one of his crew is there.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2014, 08:16:34 pm »

Nigel heads to the bridge to get into a vac suit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up