Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ahoy there  (Read 30926 times)

Braddock

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
Ahoy there
« on: April 09, 2009, 10:47:29 pm »

Hi! I made an account a couple days ago, but I wasn't sure what to post for my introduction. I loved Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Trigun, that other one, ......... that one with the guy, who does that thing; fine, that's all I got right now.

I love what I've read so far, and it seems like it would make for a great play session. I haven't yet found a couple of people to play a game with. I have been making up a couple of characters though, maybe I'll post them to that character section when I get some more of the descriptions done. If anyone's interested that is.

What I'm really interested in is that ship supplement I've heard rumors of. I'm a big fan of the tech stuff, never been to much into the "magic user" kind of character. I can't wait to build my own ships for the game (within the bounds of the rules. yeah I know I can design my own stuff from scratch, but it's fun to work out something cool around some bounds and limitations). so ... any news?

undeadartemis

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
Re: Ahoy there
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 01:17:49 am »

Welcome!
Nothing Personal

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 11:21:14 am »

Hi Braddock, welcome to the Comlink :)

Feel free to post and add stuff anywhere you like – that’s why we started this site.  We want it to be a place where folks can share their ideas and creativity.

Good luck finding a group.  If you are interested, we do run a solo PbP (play by post) intro scenario on the boards here as well to give people a feel for the game.

See Our Test Spin

As for the Ship Supplement, we hope to have it available before Origins and/or Gen Con this year.  Just a few things to wrap up on its development; but I really like how the ship creation rules turned out.  One cool thing about them is the ability to ‘grow’ the ship along with the character, through XPs.  So the ship can continually be tweaked and modified throughout the owner’s career, rather than staying static the whole campaign.

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 05:29:39 pm »

Welcome Braddock. How are you? I am wife of Berkazerka. I like the "magic using ability" myself. I like to play crazy mind games and use sinister spells.  ;D

Thayan

• BHB Insider
  • Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 07:39:22 am »

Hey Notes on the SHip Stuff...:)

The Rules Part of the book is pretty much done... I want to run it once through editing but this book will be a little more Fluff the the core book is as the plans call for more info on specific people and some more interesting places. All I can say is that my plan has us making its Debute For Sure at Gen Con with an outside chance on Origins. Though If not There maybe some advance preview copies floating around Origins. ...:)
Owner Heroic ourney Publishing www.heroic-journey.net

Braddock

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 03:23:30 pm »

June or August! But I want it now! That's in like forever! Oh well, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. Kinda makes me wish I had the coin to travel to those events. Thanks for the info.

Oh, and thanks for all the kind welcomes. I'm doing pretty good, although it's college crunch time .... I wonder if I can add another 'c' in there. "college crunch conundrum time". "chronologically choreographed college crunch", yeah that's not bad. Anyway, heavy work time. The magic thing was just never quite my favorite. Not that I hate it or anything. In fact a little while ago I was in a Palladium campaign where I made a pure magic-user character. I gave him only one offensive spell and decked him out with a bunch of other effect stuff. One of my tactics was to start by casting a levitation spell on myself and a couple of archers in our party. I'd then encase us in a shield spell and buff up their attacks. Then I'd spread debilitating and disorienting spells amongst our enemies and we'd spend a good chunk of the battle a hundred feet or so in the air, raining lightning and fiery arrows into the confusion below. ah, good times.

Well, I would like some opinions on the characters I come up with so I think I will post some stuff about them when I'm done fleshing them out a bit more. I've hit a bit of a road block with names though. It always seems so hard to come up with something good. Oh well, I'm probably just over critical of my own work. Scratch that, I KNOW I am. I doubt I'll be able to find a group of people for a little while, everyone I know who would play are either already in a campaign or just too busy for the next few weeks. But I guess I can slowly build a decent story for when I can find someone. I'd love to give your PbP game a run through though, if you've got the time.
That starship supplement sounds better and better. I love the idea of a more organic growth pattern to the ships, especially considering that wealth in this game is a more of an abstract concept and would thereby work pretty poorly as a direct way to map growth.

And thanks again for the kind welcomes.

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 06:48:30 am »

Looking forward to seeing your ideas.I am taking college courses myself and I know it can be tough. Hang in there. ;D

Braddock

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 10:34:38 pm »

I'll be glad to post them then......when I can get some time to finish writing them down. With all the other work I've got right now I'm having a sort of writers block of sorts. I can see everything I'd like to write, I've just some trouble putting it all into words. :P
Hopefully when I get a chance to "decompress" I can finish things up. I only hope things are going a little bit better for you.

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 10:59:17 am »

School is tough. I just want to find time to play a Hexslinging game. Those are my favorite. Asteroth may ingulge us with his game Saturday. I am looking forward to playing it. Trying it out if you will.

Braddock

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 11:58:03 pm »

A small....ish group of friends and I have another palladium game we started a couple months ago. We had to put it on hold because we just couldn't find the time to continue it :P
I'm hoping we don't start it up again right away, because I'd actually like to get a couple people together to try a game of this some time. here's hoping ;D

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 08:44:48 pm »

What region are you from? Braddock?

Braddock

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 12:29:48 am »

I'm from Ottawa, Ontario. Way up here in Canada. I don't really know if I have to say that last part, but I've found that a few people don't really know much about Canada, Ontario and etc.

The weather's getting pretty nice up here, and I'm looking forward to taking a trip down to Toronto to attend Anime North next month. It's only a few hours away by car, unlike the conventions you're going to that I'd like to attend but are just too far :P

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 10:04:30 am »

Canada ey?  I’ve been there three times so far, mostly the Niagra area, but seen the falls, been camping, etc.

That was in the early eighties, late nineties, and most recently 2007 for me and LadyZerka’s Honeymoon.

I must say the cost of things around the falls is ridiculous nowadays – $50.00 American for a cheeseburger – yikes!

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 10:06:23 am »

I'm from Ottawa, Ontario. Way up here in Canada.

I was not aware we had translated BHB into Canadian yet  ;D ;)

BZ

Braddock

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 02:13:17 pm »

Well since we know everyone in our poor igloo dwelling communities, we can tell when a rich American comes to town and just can't resist trying to get some of that cash for ourselves. I hope your not too mad, because without you rich tourists we wouldn't be able to afford enough seal meat and wale oil to last out our 10 1/2 month winter.

Thayan

• BHB Insider
  • Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2009, 08:51:34 am »

I'm from Ottawa, Ontario. Way up here in Canada.

I was not aware we had translated BHB into Canadian yet  ;D ;)

BZ

Remember HJP is located in Minnesota or as I call it.. South Canada... :)

Also my Grandfather is from Ontario originally

Braddock

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2009, 12:36:58 am »

cool. It's nice to know a few people know about us northerners. I few more loved already ;D

Weird question for you, do you know about bags of milk? We can get jugs/cartons of it, but we mostly buy it in bags. did you guys know that?

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2009, 01:11:22 pm »

They do bags of milk in cardboard boxes for restaurants and cafeterias.  I’ve seen bags of Ultra-Heat-Treated milk in other countries, but not in the states.

BZ

Braddock

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2009, 02:57:17 pm »

I was wondering if sounded weird to you southerners or not. My friend plays an MMO and when the bags of milk thing came up none of them had even heard of it. They couldn't understand how you'd even serve milk like that :P
So he was made fun of for awhile for his bags of milk. He took a picture of himself holding the bag just so people would believe him. I was just wondering if that was a weird knowledge gap with those guys only.

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2009, 04:57:51 pm »

Well since we know everyone in our poor igloo dwelling communities, we can tell when a rich American comes to town and just can't resist trying to get some of that cash for ourselves. I hope your not too mad, because without you rich tourists we wouldn't be able to afford enough seal meat and wale oil to last out our 10 1/2 month winter.

Speaking of Canada, have they ever reported a crazy American girl throwing her wedding boquet off the falls? I would know nothing of the sort. Hahahahaha ;D Canada is a nice place. Too expensive though. $55.00 for breakfast at a pancake house. $3.00 here.

Braddock

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2009, 11:18:00 pm »

WOOT, after being mostly internetless and away for awhile I'm finally back! Well, I'm not really not away with now I guess, I'm actually in Toronto attending Anime North, I just didn't want to wait another couple of days before getting home and posting anything. At least now I can add something more to the RPG forum, since my game has dragged on a bit  :P

I doubt I was missed too much, but I do hope that everyone else had a good time while I was gone :D

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2009, 09:08:10 am »

We're so small right now, that we actually do miss any and all of our posters  :)

When you get back, let us know about Anime North - I'm interested to hear what it was like   8)

BZ

Braddock

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2009, 01:33:23 pm »

Well I'm back at home now, have been for the past couple of days. The problem is I caught a cold or the flu or something. Curse this dilapidated state. At least it's a good excuse to spend a couple of days sitting on my butt, and catching up on my game playing :P

What'dya want to know about AN? I've never written a "con report" before, so I'm not sure what to say. It was big, taking up the Toronto Congress Center and three other hotels... I'm pretty sure it was three. I only wandered around a couple of the buildings, as most of what I wanted to see was in those.
I played in a Pokemon card game tournament. Lame, I know, but I got dragged into it by a friend who really wanted to play for some reason. It was actually pretty fun, though I lost more then I won. >:(
what else....oh, to keep food cheap a couple of us bought some MREs on our way out of Ottawa, Military rations for those not familiar with the term, to supplement restaurant meals. It worked pretty well and I think I'll use them again in the future.

I'm not sure what more of note to mention, I'll have to think about this for a bit...

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2009, 11:43:56 am »

Sounds pretty cool  :)

I was more or less wondering if they show new/developing Anime at these kinds of conventions and if so, did you see anything interesting?  Was there any talk of the new Cowboy Bebop Movie?

I'm suprized they had CCG tournaments there - just Pokemon - or others?

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2009, 03:05:08 pm »

I'm stuck on Military rations. What exactly is that? ???

Braddock

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2009, 05:13:54 pm »

the Canadian IMP ("Individual Meal Pack") is Canada's equivalent of the US MRE ("Meals Ready to Eat", or "Meals Rejected by Everyone" as some people know them). Here's a wiki article for yeah, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Individual_Meal_Pack. They're rations given to solders in the field. They're the size of a small lunchbox and contain everything you need; food, untensils, condiments and snacks. I can't speak for the US ones but ours are pretty damn tasty, and cheap to. I figure if they've got enough nutrition to keep a physically fit soldier fighting through a strenuous war, they've got to be able to keep a slightly out of shape person going at a con :P

I'm afraid I don't have much to report on the developing news front. I didn't go to many panels that discussed upcoming subjects. I know a lot of people do, but I can always get my news from other sources so they weren't a big draw for me.
and yes, gaming of all kinds was big there. a couple of the hotels they had were basically all gaming. one had a large gathering area between rooms they were using for screenings that people could set up and play in. Another had all the rooms set aside for it. there was card and board games of all types, and a couple of rooms set aside for video gaming. I think the anime group from Ottawa actually ran the video game room this year.

I'd like to apologize for the few days between posts. It's not that I'm too busy, it's just... well I've never really had much of an online personality. This is actually the first time I've tried to maintain a presence anywhere. Writing out all my thoughts and stuff doesn't come easily, and I wind up taking a while before I feel comfortable writing anything out. I don't remember if I mentioned that earlier, so I figured I'd add it since I feel kind of bad for disappearing for a few days at a time.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2009, 07:37:09 am »

On MRE's, Iv'e had a few a long long time ago, they were OK, but not the hamburger - it was like a dried-out brillow pad (I think you were supposed to soak it in water or something first...).  But that was long ago, maybe they are better now.

Also, I'm just glad people pop in and post now and then - it keeps things interesting around here  :)

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2009, 07:33:35 pm »

Braddock. thanks for the info. I myself have disappeared for a bit. My absence is due to lots of things going on. I like to say hello again and missed you all. ;D

Braddock

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2009, 10:21:37 pm »

Your kind words are a serenade of a mistral's song, wafting gently through the hallows of the forum. Hello to you to.

azhrei331

• Outlaw
    • View Profile
    • The Lonely Die
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2009, 09:41:03 pm »

Your kind words are a serenade of a mistral's song, wafting gently through the hallows of the forum. Hello to you to.

back off, Canadian....she's married!   ;)
It's game time...do you know where your d12's are? www.lonelydie.com

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2009, 07:25:24 pm »

I'm not worried, the Lady is worthy of a minstral's song, and besides, she knows MMA  ;D

BZ

Braddock

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2009, 10:03:50 pm »

not quite the direction I intended, though I'm sure she's worth it.
Don't you know, all us Canadians are just really nice and polite ;D

Thayan

• BHB Insider
  • Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2009, 07:12:18 am »

not quite the direction I intended, though I'm sure she's worth it.
Don't you know, all us Canadians are just really nice and polite ;D

Thats just a Facade... You all live within like 100 miles of the US which is a plan for the Great Canadian Invasion.. I know what your planning...:)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2009, 10:20:17 am »

Actually, If I recall correctly from my Niagara Falls Tour…  The US once tried to infiltrate Canada…  Or was it the other way around… But I think it was problems with those Franch Canadians, and not the normal nice and polite ones  ;)

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2009, 09:03:33 pm »

honey aren't you French? ;)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2009, 09:24:18 pm »

Yes, but they are Franch  ;D

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2009, 07:21:08 pm »

Oh yeah. I see what you mean. There is a difference. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up