Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem  (Read 193051 times)

killa_robot

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5597
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2015, 09:02:54 am »

"Uuhhhmmm, who? Jenny? Uhhh... ?" the cashier replies with a glassy stare, looking like he couldn't think his way out of a wet paper bag.

"Do you want fries with that?"

"I'd like to replace the fries with milkshakes", Gilbert replies.
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2015, 09:19:02 am »

Having patiently awaited his beverage for at least 15 seconds, Simon is officially bored.  He gives the restaurant a quick once-over.  The place is full of teenagers, surely at least one of them must be a fan?
[use spot? XD ]
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2015, 09:35:26 am »

As if on cue, a passel of teens crowd in around the team -

"OMG! R U Simon Mayhem?!?"

"Can you sign my backpack?"

"Whoa, dude! Nice entourage!"

"You doing a show in town?"

"Can we have backstage passes?""

"I can't believe Simon Mayhem eats at Soy Boy's! Soooo cooool!!!"

"Squee!"
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 09:37:03 am by BerkaZerka »
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2015, 01:27:58 pm »

Simon basks in well-deserved adoration, signing autographs and allowing selfies to be taken with him, before informing the teens that sadly, he's not in town for a show, just here to look up one of his entourage's old high school friends, and perchance have any of the teens seen him?  He waves at Ethel to like, show them a picture or something.
Logged

Tanstaafl

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5277
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2015, 02:14:55 pm »

While not exactly keen on getting close to anybody who might be part of Simon's fanbase, Ethel loads up a picture on her phone of Genny Putkoff. "This guy seem familiar to any of you?"
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2015, 02:28:50 pm »

"Hey, that's the science guy that did those science club visits when I was in middle school," one of the teen's replies.

"Totally wouldn't let us blow stuff up with chemicals or anything. Lame."

"Hey, yeah, I remember that guy," another confirms. "He did blow some stuff up with dry ice or something though. That was cool."

"Oh yeah! Remember when the fire alarm went off haha! Now that's what I call 'science'!"
Logged

Tanstaafl

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5277
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2015, 05:34:05 pm »

"Kay then, guess that he probably never ended up working here. Weird." Ethel shrugs, asking the group, "So where to next? Lifecyclon?"
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 18543
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #107 on: September 02, 2015, 06:02:30 pm »

Having spent enough time examining the menu, Crystal decides - "I'll have the House special, and a pound of raw burger meat."

She keeps her attention on the teenagers behind the group, wanting to stay as far in the know as she can, of course.

She also keeps an eye out for anyone interesting around the soy-boy's
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #108 on: September 03, 2015, 06:18:18 am »

The manager meanwhile, is still unaware that anyone wants to speak to him and continues to rue his life choices alone in the back office.
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16139
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #109 on: September 03, 2015, 01:06:42 pm »

"Kay then, guess that he probably never ended up working here. Weird." Ethel shrugs, asking the group, "So where to next? Lifecyclon?"
"Wouldnt be so sure, Ethel. Teachers get paid nothing anywhere, even on Venus. Could be he worked here too." Butch says, motioning to the Manager.

"Hey Manager! Get over here for a second!" He then shouts over
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #110 on: September 03, 2015, 01:20:54 pm »

"Yes? May I help you?" The manager asks with a smile that seems to convey, 'somebody please shoot me now...'.
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16139
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #111 on: September 03, 2015, 01:25:53 pm »

"You ever heard of a Genny Putkoff? Or anyone who's been looking for him?"
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #112 on: September 03, 2015, 02:03:39 pm »

"Ugh," the Manager sighs, "No, in spite of what you may have heard, that person has never worked at this location or any other Soy Boy Quick Bites Franchise that we are aware of."

"The Corporate Employment Record, erroneously showing that he did, was placed on our servers without our consent by an unknown hacker. We reported this to the SSPB already, but you bounty hunter types still keep showing up looking for him here anyway."

"Please don't bust up the joint like the last bunch did. I have the SSPB on speed-dial..."
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 18543
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #113 on: September 03, 2015, 02:07:08 pm »

"We'll need access to your employment records" Crystal mentions offhandedly, intending for Gilbert to get an opportunity to find who out made the breach.

"And whatever information you have on the other bunch. Rough-houses usually have bounties on their own heads, didn't ya know?"
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #114 on: September 03, 2015, 02:25:24 pm »

"I have as much information about them as I have about you," the manager replies dryly.

"And I can't simply allow you to access our computer system," he explains, "You'll have to go to our corporate website and look there for yourselves."
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 18543
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #115 on: September 03, 2015, 02:29:17 pm »

"We haven't threatened you yet, I think that's point in our Favor. How about you Simon, you agree?" She says, turning her attention to the more social man in the group, hoping he takes the hint to take lead here.
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16139
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #116 on: September 03, 2015, 02:38:46 pm »

"How many hunters showed up, if you don't mind me asking? And how'd they look like?"
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #117 on: September 03, 2015, 02:54:27 pm »

"Wait."  Simon locks eyes with the manager. "I know that look."

He parts the crowd of teens and vaults onto the counter.  Perching atop it like the world's most fabulous gargoyle, he stares into the managers soul.

"That look in your eyes, the wordless screaming of a spirit shackled by regret,  the lifeless resignation to a world of beige and boredom as your spirit is inexorably crushed by the weight of the mundane, that beautiful despair!"

With those last two words he leaps to his feet. Standing on the counter he extends one hand towards the
Manager.  "Come with me!  Ascend from this bitter, broken hell!"

He turns slightly, including his fans in his speechifying.
"Your friends, your family, this pathetic world you see around us, they all conspire to convince you you are trapped! That you must go on with your mundane life, that you have no choice, you cannot be free!

I am here to tell you, it's all a lie!
You can leave your life behind, defy society's expectations! You can discard the paper doll world you've been forced into; you can be real."

He looks again to the manager, still reaching out to him.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.  Come with me if you want to live."
Logged

Daedalus

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6182
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #118 on: September 03, 2015, 04:27:08 pm »

"Or die." Jacob mutters under his breath.
Logged

killa_robot

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5597
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #119 on: September 03, 2015, 05:13:05 pm »

Annoyed that everyone is now paying attention to Simon rather than giving him food, Gilbert angrily (attempts to) flip the table he's sitting at.

"WHERE THE HELL IS MY FOOD?! I'M STARVING HERE!"
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #120 on: September 03, 2015, 05:34:31 pm »

"Do you think you can get down from the counter now?" the manager asks Simon, backing away slowly.

Then keying a pager-like device on his belt, he speaks into his headset - "Yeah, it's happening again. Just like last time. Please hurry. I think they're all on drugs."

The fans meanwhile, cheer and hoot at Simon's antics.

When Gilbert demands his food, one of the teen girls points to the counter Simon is trampling. Trays of food are being knocked to the floor - sacrificed upon the altar of Simon's dramatic ... whatever it is.
Logged

killa_robot

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5597
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #121 on: September 03, 2015, 05:42:54 pm »

Gilbert's jaw hangs open for a moment while he comes to term with his great loss. Deeply offended by Simon's actions, but too much of a coward to go against him, Gilbert waddles runs out of the fast food place and back to the ship as fast as he can, holding one arm around his face to prevent others from seeing his tears.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 05:45:43 pm by killa_robot »
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 18543
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #122 on: September 03, 2015, 05:49:14 pm »

"That's just perfect."

Crystal scoops up Fluffy and runs out the door.

"Now we have to live off ship rations. Hey, Butch!" She calls out to the cyber jockey once he gets out, "come on, we shouldn't stay too close to the others, when they get caught on Plan B if we're with them they're all screwed."

As she moves Crystal begins to try and form a makeshift disguise, playing around with her hear, affecting a limp, putting on a thin sweater with a hood - whatever she can manage on the spot that'll make her more likely to get the hell away from here.

All the time she keeps a careful eye out for SSPD officers.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 06:34:14 pm by Drakilian »
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #123 on: September 03, 2015, 06:01:41 pm »

Simon points at the manager like a wrathful God.  "Failure is going to saturate your life, just like the scent of fry grease permeates your every pore.
"Tear it all down!" he shouts to his fans, before hopping off the counter and scooping up as much of the intact food as he can before running after Gilbert.
Logged

Daedalus

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6182
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #124 on: September 03, 2015, 06:06:07 pm »

Jacob discreetly makes his way out of the place back to the ship.
Logged

Tanstaafl

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5277
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #125 on: September 03, 2015, 11:27:52 pm »

I think Simon is on drugs, Ethel sighs, annoyed that she won't get her bean curd and even more annoyed that something that should have been over a whole speech ago escalated so quickly.

"I'm sooooo sorry about that," Ethel tries to explain, slowly realizing that nothing she could say could tone down the situation as well as that Simon's not going to apologize, she flees out of the restaurant with her head down, aiming to go over to the LifeCyclon building-- that is their next-best lead besides hacking things, after all.
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16139
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #126 on: September 03, 2015, 11:37:56 pm »

"That's just perfect."

Crystal scoops up Fluffy and runs out the door.

"Now we have to live off ship rations. Hey, Butch!" She calls out to the cyber jockey once he gets out, "come on, we shouldn't stay too close to the others, when they get caught on Plan B if we're with them they're all screwed."

As she moves Crystal begins to try and form a makeshift disguise, playing around with her hear, affecting a limp, putting on a thin sweater with a hood - whatever she can manage on the spot that'll make her more likely to get the hell away from here.

All the time she keeps a careful eye out for SSPD officers.
"Yeah, I guess I'll talk to you guys later." Butch says, tapping his ears. "Lets get out of here."

He'll then quickly leave the Soy Boys, with hopefully Crystal behind him, and hide away in one of the alleys, moving further and further from the fast food joint.
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #127 on: September 04, 2015, 06:26:31 am »

The team is able to get back to the ship with no trouble and sees a pair of SSPB street cops riding scooters up the avenue towards the Soy Boy - though they don't appear to be in any real hurry, and do not have sirens or lights on or anything.
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #128 on: September 04, 2015, 07:41:44 am »

"Just like last time?!"  Simon shouts indignantly at no one in particular as he boards the ship.  "Like hell anyone else even begins to approach my style and flair!  I should have cursed his mediocre carcass."

Once aboard, he immediately approaches Gilbert and says in a much softer tone, "Hey, pal, are you okay?" 

 "You ran outta there like a -- " he tips his head to the side and think for a second.  "Well, I don't know, I never saw anything that big run that fast.  Point is, you ran off so quick you didn't even get any food."

He leans forward, purple-streaked bangs falling in his eyes as he proffers whatever he managed to salvage from Soy Boy's.
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 18543
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #129 on: September 04, 2015, 07:09:43 pm »

Just a little embarrassed at the overreaction, Crystal looks over to Gilbert.

"Hey Gil, you think you can find out who changed the employee records?"
Logged

killa_robot

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5597
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #130 on: September 04, 2015, 09:58:36 pm »

"Just like last time?!"  Simon shouts indignantly at no one in particular as he boards the ship.  "Like hell anyone else even begins to approach my style and flair!  I should have cursed his mediocre carcass."

Once aboard, he immediately approaches Gilbert and says in a much softer tone, "Hey, pal, are you okay?" 

 "You ran outta there like a -- " he tips his head to the side and think for a second.  "Well, I don't know, I never saw anything that big run that fast.  Point is, you ran off so quick you didn't even get any food."

He leans forward, purple-streaked bangs falling in his eyes as he proffers whatever he managed to salvage from Soy Boy's.

Gilbert leans back as Simon leans forward. Seeing the food, he then scoffs.

"I'm not going to forgive you just for giving me food, old buddy."

He declares, as he quickly begins to shovel it into his mouth. Gilbert then attempts to (while still eating), find out who changed the employee records.

---

Computers 17+2X 1d20 : 7, total 7
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 05:57:58 am by BerkaZerka »
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #131 on: September 05, 2015, 06:08:07 am »

Looking at the Soy Boy's corporate website, Gilbert sees that it is currently down for 'Administrative Maintenance'.

'Going around back', he sees that the site has had a number of admin edits over the past few days (about half of them locally and half from a remote source).
Logged

killa_robot

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5597
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #132 on: September 05, 2015, 08:08:52 am »

Feeling like he's headed to a dead end, Gilbert decides to look up info on Henry Croy.

---

Computers 17+2X 1d20 : 18, total 18
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 11:22:15 am by BerkaZerka »
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #133 on: September 05, 2015, 09:03:46 am »

Gilbert leans back as Simon leans forward. Seeing the food, he then scoffs.

"I'm not going to forgive you just for giving me food, old buddy."

He declares, as he quickly begins to shovel it into his mouth. Gilbert then attempts to (while still eating), find out who changed the employee records.

Feeling like he's headed to a dead end, Gilbert decides to look up info on Henry Croy.

Simon drapes himself across Gilbert's back in order to look over his shoulder. 
Very softly, he whispers in the hacker's ear "Forgive me for what, Gil-bert?"  then laughs and continues as if nothing had happened.
"Hey, you should look up that stuff he stole, too.  Milk equipment?"
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #134 on: September 05, 2015, 12:14:25 pm »

Quote
Computers 17+2X 1d20 : 18, total 18

Gilbert is about to look up Henry Croy, when his software alerts him to someone trying to ping his current location through his connection. It might be related to some of his hacking attempts recently and he has to shut his computer down to avoid letting them get a lock.

(At least long enough to change some of his hardware out to throw then off again).
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 18543
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #135 on: September 05, 2015, 01:23:23 pm »

"Jacob, you think you could manage something while Gilbert's secures himself?"

(assuming Gilbert tells everyone he can't quite get to hacking anything at the moment)
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16139
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #136 on: September 05, 2015, 01:39:03 pm »


The team is able to get back to the ship with no trouble and sees a pair of SSPB street cops riding scooters up the avenue towards the Soy Boy - though they don't appear to be in any real hurry, and do not have sirens or lights on or anything.

"Ha ha, just a bit of an over reaction." Butch says, shrugging and then heading back to the ship.

"So, while Gil tries to hack in, shoud we head to Life Cyclon for a bit?" Butch asks. "Maybe Ethel can get us a meeting with some of the guys there."
Logged

Daedalus

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6182
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #137 on: September 05, 2015, 05:16:15 pm »

"Jacob, you think you could manage something while Gilbert's secures himself?"

(assuming Gilbert tells everyone he can't quite get to hacking anything at the moment)
(assuming he did)

"I can always try. Though dont blame me if something goes south."

---

Computers 12 1d20 : 19, total 19
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 05:38:23 pm by BerkaZerka »
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #138 on: September 05, 2015, 05:41:01 pm »

Jacob checks out the LifeCyclon website.

The company's databases are in French but a push of a button runs a translation program if necessary - The LifeCyclon Corporation designs and manufactures sterilization equipment and centrifuges for medical and industrial purposes.

Delving into the company's databases shows no record of Genny Putkoff having ever worked there, only that The LifeCyclon Corporation has put the bounty out on Genny for stealing Milk Homogenization Equipment.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 05:43:28 pm by BerkaZerka »
Logged

killa_robot

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5597
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #139 on: September 05, 2015, 06:47:39 pm »

Simon drapes himself across Gilbert's back in order to look over his shoulder. 
Very softly, he whispers in the hacker's ear "Forgive me for what, Gil-bert?"  then laughs and continues as if nothing had happened.
"Hey, you should look up that stuff he stole, too.  Milk equipment?"

Gilbert turns and glares at Simon as he is forced to shut down his system. Nothing ever seems to go his way when Simon is around. It makes him almost certain Simon is a walking curse that will inevitably get everyone killed.

"Nothing... Give me a minute, I need to fix this."

He meekly replies, getting to work on fixing his system (the electronics roll). Once everything is up and running again, he'll try and get in contact with his information broker, to see if there's any information there they can get concerning the bounty (and other possible bounties).

---

Computers 17+2 1d20 : 11, total 11
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 08:58:00 am by BerkaZerka »
Logged

Tanstaafl

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5277
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #140 on: September 05, 2015, 11:48:09 pm »

Currently away from the group and a bit wary about going off alone, she sends off a text to all her colleagues.
"R we goin 2 LifeCyclon o not? I cn prolly TLK 2 a hed honcho ther w/ my father's connections."
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16139
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #141 on: September 06, 2015, 06:19:03 am »

"I was wondering where she was." Butch says with a shrug. "Guess we should text Ethel that she should head back to Plan B?" Butch asks.
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #142 on: September 06, 2015, 09:01:35 am »

Gilbert expertly swaps out a few components, making his computer invisible on the web again. As he is doing this, he contacts his Information Broker, the mysterious "Fixer".

"Ah, Mr. Stevenson," Fixer says, "In need of a little 'in the know'?"
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 12:22:15 pm by BerkaZerka »
Logged

killa_robot

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5597
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #143 on: September 06, 2015, 11:09:34 am »

Gilbert expertly swaps out a few components, making his computer invisible on the web again. As he is doing this, he contacts his Information Broker, they mysterious "Fixer".

"Ah, Mr. Stevenson," Fixer says, "In need of a little 'in the know'?"

"Yeah. What do you know about the Genny Putkoff bounty? Every time I try and find him myself, everything goes to hell!"

Gilbert replies, shovelling the last of whatever food Simon gave him into his mouth.
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 18543
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #144 on: September 06, 2015, 11:18:54 am »

Crystal looks for the team cyborg - "Hey, Butch - you want to wait out at the fast food place till the manager's shift is done in disguises, grab him and then scare the hell out of him until he tells us stuff about the other bounty team?"

After saying this, she checks her phone - "Oh, guys Ethel's asking if we're headed to LifeCyclon."
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16139
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #145 on: September 06, 2015, 11:23:14 am »

"Seems kinda mean, ha ha." Butch says. "I mean, his life already sucks, we probably shouldn't make it much worse."

"But Gil or Jacob could probably hack into their security cameras, right? That'll work better."
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 18543
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #146 on: September 06, 2015, 11:30:42 am »

"Don't think of it that way, think of it as us giving him literally the most exciting moment of his life! I bet he's never even had a gun pointed at his face before, what stories will he tell his boring children when he eventually maybe has them?"

She bends down to mess with Fluffy's hair a bit more before continuing.

"Besides, security cameras are good and all, but they don't have any audio. He might have heard their names. Though I guess Jacob and Gil could try and run a facial recognition program if they get video." She pauses a second.

"How about this: Jacob and Gil try their best to find the video tapes, then when they horribly fail we hang around in the back alley until the manager leaves."
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16139
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #147 on: September 06, 2015, 11:34:19 am »

"Fine." Butch says.

"Tell Ethel to arrange the meeting, and that we'll hopefully meet her at Lifecyclon."
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #148 on: September 06, 2015, 12:42:11 pm »

"Yeah. What do you know about the Genny Putkoff bounty? Every time I try and find him myself, everything goes to hell!"

Gilbert replies, shovelling the last of whatever food Simon gave him into his mouth.

"OK Mr. Stevenson," Fixer replies, the sound of keyboarding rattling off in the background, "This first bit is free, but anything else is the usual fee."

"All right. The Genny Putkoff bounty placed by LifeCyclon. Soy Boy's etc. Yada yada yada. Ah, here's something interesting..."

"There is trace evidence that the company records have recently been scrubbed. No big surprise there. Also seams to correlate to recent complaints of hacking against the Soy Boy's corporate computers too."

"Hmm... A corollary search of local websites reveals the same thing. Someone, and my guess is LifeCyclon, is trying awfully hard to erase any connection between LifeCyclon and Genny Putkoff."

"It's like they erased his entire life and tried to pass off this Soy Boy story without even bothering to fill all the holes it has in it."
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #149 on: September 06, 2015, 12:47:08 pm »

"Life Cyclone. Great."  Simon is already halfway out the door.  "Why are you all still  just sitting around?!"
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Up