Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Into the Mountains - Heldric  (Read 74078 times)

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
Re: Into the Mountains - Heldric
« Reply #250 on: March 25, 2016, 01:52:37 pm »

"What do you mean, surely his will should be strong to do the magic he does? Or do you mean he is subservient?" Heldric asks

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 25, 2016, 02:01:14 pm »

"I mean there's a poison in his soul. Obviously he once had to have a strong will, otherwise he'd have never made it this far. Maybe he was once a talented apprentice, an adept of whatever Tradition he was a part of, but now? His mind came close to mine when he looked through my memories and I could feel how soft he was. He's been broken, but not by torture or mental domination or anything like that - his mind is filled with a sort of love and loyalty... it's an incredible mental binding, i've never seen anything like it.

Mages can't be bound to anyone else the way he is. It kills the mind, erodes the will, weakens our control. He retains his talents but he'll never become any more powerful than he is now. He'll just weaken and slowly dry up, shrivel and die when his powers leave him. Or he'll go out in an explosion of magical energy when he tries to wield powers he isn't able to control anymore. Either way, his life is a death sentence. I can't approve of it."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 25, 2016, 03:35:09 pm »

"It must be somthing Michael can use, though I have never heard of it myself. I am assuming that Ghouling a mage would have a similar effect to it, meaning they could never be stronger in their powers than the moment you ghouled them."

Heldric looks around then sighs "We have much to do now, we must further our plans to ghoul some of the guild leaders and begin setting up Brutus for a more permanent position here along with our other allies. That is presuming you are staying around for a time, I doubt you will find many better chances at Vengance than with me?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 25, 2016, 04:21:15 pm »

"I doubt I'll find anyone who can even see me other than you. Unless they're a necromancer. Always unsavoury types, those ones. Would rather bind a ghost than just have a pleasant little chat!"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 25, 2016, 05:11:58 pm »

"Then you are welcome to stay for now, your knowledge can be useful, especially with keepinG my bindings in place."

Heldric heads outside to begin preparations.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 25, 2016, 05:40:49 pm »

Octavius follows him out.

"You mentionned ghouling someone. What is that? Does it have to do with you giving your blood to others? As far as I know all that does is get them addicted. Fills them with an unreasonable vigor and all."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 25, 2016, 06:08:06 pm »

"It does a lot more than that, it gives a bond between the two first. Several feedings will make the recipient mortal completly bound and fully willing to follow whatever orders they are given, they also normally always act in the best wishes of their master. Secondly it gives them power and longevity, the ghouled mortal won't age or die so long as they get a supply of vitae. Finally they continue to grow stronger the longer they are bound, learning versions of the abilities we use ourselves.I have heard of ancient ghouls well over 1000 years old who hold immense power."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 25, 2016, 07:37:39 pm »

Octavius takes a second to think that all through, "At that point why not become vampires themselves? A thousand year old one should easily be able to force another to embrace him."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 25, 2016, 08:19:53 pm »

"Some do come to be embraced by their sires and become favoured childer however they could never force their own master to do it as the bond is too strong, equally it prevents them from turning to another to be embraced as that would be a betrayal. Acting against a full bond is nearly impossible, while I am sure there are exceptions I'd say they are few."

After a short pause he continues "I would say it is how Goratrix commands those who follow him, but why the interest?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 25, 2016, 09:13:27 pm »

"I know unfortunately little about vampirism. You must understand, I had very little opportunity to examine my turned house members, and those I did examine knew next to nothing of their condition. For the longest time I thought your curse was a disease!"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 26, 2016, 12:04:36 am »

"Many still think that, some even manage pd to infect their blood. I also carry a terrible disease however it is unrelated, it was just an unfortunate side effect which means any human I touch will probably die within a couple of weeks. As for your knowledge, you are dead now but will probably get to learn a lot about vampirism over the next few weeks as you observe!"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 26, 2016, 12:23:35 am »

"...You should probably get that looked at. The whole "kill anyone you touch in a week" thing. Seriously."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 26, 2016, 12:53:16 am »

"...You should probably get that looked at. The whole "kill anyone you touch in a week" thing. Seriously."

"I considered it but it it a rather special curse and would take someone truely impressive to do anything about. I can still probably ghoul people though and have them use blood to heal the effects until their body adapts to it"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 27, 2016, 02:32:20 pm »

"Too bad I don't have my powers available to me anymore. I could have destroyed the contagion easily. Though I'd have probably killed you too.

You know I was trying to find a cure for vampirism before I was killed? I was examining the bindings of the curse, it is a truly terrible one. Whoever cast it had to be the most powerful mage to ever live. I realized it would be centuries before I could grow that strong, so I got to work on a curse of my own to seek out and annihilate Tremere's bloodline. Might be why they worked so hard to destroy me before the end of it. They took all my research too, though I can't fathom why, they cannot use enlightened magic anymore."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 27, 2016, 05:54:12 pm »

"Cain's curse came from God himself is what is told. Those closer to Cain's bloodline become exponentially more powerful, should you have met an antideluvian at the peak of your powers you would have been an ant before them and they are only the 3Rd generation." Heldric pauses "They were once mages and their... Powers are very unlike normal Vampires abilities, perhaps they plan to attempt to make their own blood magic version of it?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 31, 2016, 05:31:51 pm »

"It might be a bit presumptuous to say that God himself would lay a curse down on Caine, yes? How many of your so-called methuselah have been worshipped as gods? How do you know that Caine himself was not created by an even older vampire who he thought was god? Or that a mage of unparalleled power created him, and he found a way to tap into the power of the curse laid upon him?

Our spheres of power encompass all of known and unknown creation, we can mold reality to our will. A grand archmage, who has mastered every sphere and possesses the force of will beyond mortal ken necessary to master the spheres of creation, could theoretically rival this so-called God. It is the goal of every mage to become something like this, our path is one of Ascension."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 31, 2016, 06:24:14 pm »

"The mage abilities do seem impressive, I can see how they would be useful but sadly I believe my curse negates the ability to use them even if I knew how. Otherwise your old friends would be far more powerful than they already are." He grins openly, showing his deformed features in a horrific way "Whatever they sought when they took in the curse upon themselves, they got more than they bargained for with the beast that comes too and lost their original powers. As for those worshipped as Gods, many have been though Cain himself could probably rival those grandarchmages you all hoped to become so if it was a mage who made the curse he would have to be greater still wouldn't he?"

Heldric shakes his head "I must admit this is getting a bit much for me to discuss today, while I am sure there are those who have searched extensively into our curse, I am not one."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 31, 2016, 09:17:14 pm »

"You should be more interested in the reality of your existence. It is good to know what you are. If that is impossible then it is at least good to wonder," Octavius chides.

Before the ghost can further can further chastise Heldric for his seeming lack of interest, there is a bright flash of light and a puff of smoke as Sicilan pops into existence.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 31, 2016, 11:04:31 pm »

Heldric almost startles, almost. He had enough of being surprised by thongs appearing before him today to be used to it for a time "Your return was quick, we only just had time to finish our discussions on your chain being broken." he says amicably enough

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 08, 2016, 01:41:12 pm »

"A friend brought me here. Not the one I was looking for, but they called a momentary truce for me. Don't I feel special."

Sicilan then kneels and plants his ghostly sword in front of the ground with Heldric.

"As long as I see your path to be honourable, I shall follow you gladly for freeing me, Heldric of Balgrad."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: April 08, 2016, 02:35:53 pm »

Heldric smiles happily before remembering just how horrid that can look. At least one thing was going his way today "Rise Scilian, I shall be grateful for your support in furthering the dream. There is a lot to do in the coming days and years so I may ask many favours of you but mainly your company will be appreciated."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 08, 2016, 02:47:50 pm »

Sicilan's head darts up.

"I apologize for this but," the wraith bursts into a cloud of ephemera that speeds away into the beginnings of Heldric's Haven. Octavius looks at Sicilan and then whatever had hit him registers on his face as well.

"I'll be joining him!" The archmage sprints away as well.

Soon Heldric realizes why. He hears a voice that sends a thousand paralyzing needles stabbing into his spine.

"What happened?"
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 12:31:12 pm by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 08, 2016, 05:31:36 pm »

Of course it couldnt have continued well...

Heldric immediatly bows his head as he tries to locate the source of the voice "The chain binding the old wraith to me was broken, though I retain control over it." He pauses, reasoning, reasoning, reasoning then he remembers Michael "I have been trying to get closer to Michael through this one, Hedric's, sire and the chain binding him was seen as somthing I could not take near his haven, it might be he feared it could be used against him or to get past his wards in a manner I can't fathom"

Hoping that news of a powerful methuselah will distract he keeps his head down.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 10, 2016, 12:34:26 pm »

"How do you retain control? How close have you gotten to Michael? I cannot stay for long, hurry now."

Goratrix apparates in front of Heldric, and the Nosferatu can tell right away that the Tremere Council member is not here in person.

"We were in the middle of a meeting regarding something... big. Bigger than Michael even. This is a personal project for me, however, and I cannot afford to take too long here."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 10, 2016, 04:26:09 pm »

Heldric immediatly kneels regardless of it being an apparition "of course, a mix of tricks and threats, he is still highly attached to certain things and holds himself to a code. Threatening those is enough to keep him on line for now, threat of you personally binding him again was enough for him to readily agree to whatever I commanded. As for Michal I haven't gotten close yet, I have found that he has several younger methuselah with him and one nearly as powerful as himself that stays with him at most times. They will be one of the most dangerous enemies you have faced directly, even approaching their haven is said to be nearly impossible for enemies. I will continue getting closer through this one's Sire though he warned it may take years to gather trust."

Heldric stops, hoping it is enough, the elders often thought in terms of decades so it may buy him time.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 10, 2016, 06:53:34 pm »

"Good, good, there will be a rich harvest when I burn Constantinople. Keep me informed, and be careful with the wraith."

Goratrix' apparition vanishes.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 10, 2016, 08:52:33 pm »

Heldric gives it a moment then says "Of course." Just incase he was still listening. He then carefully goes about the area doing non-revealing tasks for a few minutes before finally heading to his haven to see where the wraiths had hidden.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 10, 2016, 09:59:43 pm »

Sicilan and Octavius are both chatting in Heldric's private Haven when he appears. Something or another about buxom wraith maidens.

They both fall silent on his entrance.

"How did it go... Heldric."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 11, 2016, 12:39:12 am »

"I bought myself time, maybe a lot of time but obviously never enough. He believes I am infiltrating Constantinople on his behalf now, hopefully meaning he will not contact me for some years at least."

He pauses to look around "This haven will be a grand start to my dream here once it is finished and it is shielded to some extent so he should not be able to teleport here himself now, I cannot tell if he can project himself here or spy on me though." He looks at the two of them again in a searching kind of way before seeming to come to a conclusion "You both seemed to know he was coming and fled from my side, next time warn me before you flee, just make sure you flee to safety and keep far away. I have him thinking I am keeping you in line with threats and other things but I do not want him anywhere near either of you, survival comes first and meeting Goratrix does not lead to survival."

He then nods as if to indicate his decision on the matter complete.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 11, 2016, 11:22:28 am »

"He bought that? Must have been distracted," Octavius says.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 11, 2016, 02:19:30 pm »

"He was, said he was in a meeting about somthing really big" he pauses "Said it was bigger than Michael or Constantinople, barely stayed long enough to listen to me. I think this bodes badly but I will pass on the information to his enemies just in case" the last bit he says with a grin

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 12, 2016, 05:38:35 pm »

"I thought Michael was as big a deal as it got for you leeches?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 12, 2016, 08:23:27 pm »

"I wouldn't say that, he is indeed a big deal and very powerful but not nearly on the level of an Anti-deluvian. He is also a big deal in regards to his dream and Constantinople, his dream lead to the basis of my own, a great and lasting civilization. However I cannot fathom how you mortal magic users think, especially those desperate enough to become like us."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 17, 2016, 10:09:32 pm »

"So what you're saying is, they're going after an antediluvian?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 17, 2016, 10:38:22 pm »

"That is one guess, there are other things of great power in the world too, demonic forces for one and they are strong in this part of the world, that is another option." Heldric pauses for a moment "unless it is simply more of a clan type or thing like declaring war on the Lasombre or some such political Motive. As I said I am bad at guessing motives with so little to go on. We're there any 'great plans' in place you knew about before being killed, you boast the mages were a great power themselves so maybe they are trying to finish somthing from before."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: April 17, 2016, 10:42:21 pm »

"Great plans? The last thing Tremere had the house mages doing before he turned them all was locate ancient vampires sleeping in their dens. I know now that he was doing so because he sought to devour them."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 17, 2016, 10:48:20 pm »

"Then your guess is as good as mine for now, should they be after another antideluvian we are probably all doomed either Way. Should they gain it's power too, they could probably conquer the world. Should it wake first, then it might be even worse." he looks at the mage for a moment "Some of them were reputebly close to Goratrix in personality, one or two were much, much worse."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 18, 2016, 08:44:39 pm »

End Sidequest
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 10:24:12 pm by Drakilian »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up