Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Ghost In The Machine  (Read 132221 times)

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #200 on: November 24, 2015, 07:53:43 pm »

Cillian arrives on in the Repair Bay.

Gilbert sees him exit the elevator over the cameras, before disappearing behind the scout ship.

No one else seems to be around, but Cillian does see that the man-door, in the partition that separates the Repair Bay from the Hanger Deck, is open...
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 18543
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #201 on: November 24, 2015, 08:14:34 pm »

"Cyril, you alright?" Crystal calls through the coms.
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #202 on: November 24, 2015, 08:34:27 pm »

Cillian continues investigating!
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6953
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #203 on: November 24, 2015, 10:22:27 pm »

Montoya tries to head where the action is but doesn't know where hat is so keeps heading for Cyril's cell
Logged

Tanstaafl

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5277
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #204 on: November 24, 2015, 10:25:24 pm »

Darnit... Is everyone really up? Aggh.

Ethel groans, throwing off her blanket to quickly get her casual clothes on, then heaving her backpack over her shoulder in case there really is some one on the ship. "C'mon guys, you're starting to scare me. Whuz' goin' on?" Rubbing at her eyes, she lumbers out of her room and dozily makes her way in the direction of wherever they keep Cyril.

"Guys, like, if we have some animal in the vents just raise the heat. That'll flush 'em out. This ship can do that, right?"
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16139
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #205 on: November 25, 2015, 06:31:27 am »

Butch sighs, and makes sure Moonkit is safe, before heading out to the bridge to make sure Gil doesnt freak out and stop working.
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #206 on: November 25, 2015, 07:05:57 am »

"Cyril, you alright?" Crystal calls through the coms.

"Yeah... I guess," Cyril calls back, sounding a little more calm now.

"Whatever it was is gone..."
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #207 on: November 25, 2015, 07:09:25 am »

Montoya tries to head where the action is but doesn't know where hat is so keeps heading for Cyril's cell

Montoya makes it down to the cargo hold outside the Brig. He sees a stack of blankets and sheets has been knocked off a shelf in the area just outside the camera's field of view.

"It was a ghost I tell ya!" Cyril calls out to Montoya through the cell - "Had a white sheet and everything! Floating off the ground!"
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #208 on: November 25, 2015, 07:15:30 am »

Cillian continues investigating!

In the cargo bay, Cillian finds a vent cover laying on the floor near an open duct.

The duck is pretty small, but Cillian could squeeze in there if he had to (Escape rolls to avoid getting stuck). No way a bigger person would fit though.

Of note, is what looks like spilled milk on the floor near the vent, and a dribbled trail of it, apparently leading from the vent to Butch's fighter ship...
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #209 on: November 25, 2015, 07:16:58 am »

Butch sighs, and makes sure Moonkit is safe, before heading out to the bridge to make sure Gil doesnt freak out and stop working.

Butch makes it to the Bridge without incident.
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #210 on: November 25, 2015, 07:43:51 am »

If it looks like the milk is going from the duct to the ship, (forensics) Cillian goes to investigate the ship.   Otherwise yeah, into the duct. 
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #211 on: November 25, 2015, 09:44:25 am »

The milk trail definitely goes up to the ship.

Cillian sees through the canopy that there is even some spilled inside the currently closed cockpit...
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #212 on: November 25, 2015, 09:52:13 am »

Operating under the principle that anything which drinks milk must be friendly, Cillian tries to get into Butch's ship to say hello.
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #213 on: November 25, 2015, 09:55:39 am »

Climbing up onto the ship, Cillian sees someone lying asleep inside on the pilot's seat.

It looks like a small boy is curled up in the cockpit, wrapped in ships blankets, with a half eaten bunch of bananas, and a 'Happy Happy Digy-Poke-Tron-O-Mon' backpack.

An empty milk glass sits on the console.

Cillian sees that the canopy is locked from the inside...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 03:21:26 pm by BerkaZerka »
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #214 on: November 25, 2015, 10:20:12 am »

Cillian knocks on the canopy.  Maybe he's non-threatening enough that the kid will let him in?

---

Socialize 13 1d20 : 18, total 18
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 02:26:01 pm by BerkaZerka »
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #215 on: November 25, 2015, 03:21:12 pm »

The boy wakes up with a start, but quickly calms when he see's Cillian looking in at him.

"Go away, I'm hiding!" the boy (who must be five or six years old) says to Cillian through the canopy.
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #216 on: November 25, 2015, 03:34:01 pm »

"Let me in?  . . . we can hide together?"
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 05:31:35 pm by Sethaniel »
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6953
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #217 on: November 25, 2015, 04:46:11 pm »

Montoya tries to follows clues around to find out what happened to the sheets.
Logged

killa_robot

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5597
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #218 on: November 25, 2015, 06:14:59 pm »

"Can someone get the kid? I think he's messing around with my ship."

Gilbert then pauses, and then blocks Cillian from hearing his next comment.

"Y-you guys don't think he's actually joined us to sabotage us, do you? Maybe the kid is actually an assassin sent from one of our many enemies... that you guys gave us", Gilbert says in a panic.
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #219 on: November 25, 2015, 08:51:14 pm »

Montoya tries to follows clues around to find out what happened to the sheets.

Montoya is pretty sure someone simply pulled the pile of blankets down when getting one.
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #220 on: November 25, 2015, 08:52:52 pm »

"Let me in?  . . . we can hide together?"

The kid pops open the canopy.

"Are they after you too?" he asks Cillian.

"Uncle Mike says we need to hide till he comes to get us - when it's safe."
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #221 on: November 25, 2015, 08:56:25 pm »

Cillian joins the kid in the ship.  "My name's Cillian.  I like your backpack."
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #222 on: November 25, 2015, 08:59:23 pm »

Normally, two people in the single seat cockpit would be crowded, but both Cillian and the boy take up less than half the seat each, so there's plenty of room.

"Oh, you have a neat backpack too," the kid replies.
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #223 on: November 25, 2015, 09:28:05 pm »

"Thanks."  Cillian closes the canopy. "What's your name?"
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6953
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #224 on: November 25, 2015, 11:59:11 pm »

Montoya looks at the fallen sheets and comes to the most obvious conclusion possible. They had been infiltrated by assassins from the secret society who were planning on sabotaging the shift as one of their assault fleets ambushed them!

He calls out on open comms.

"Gilbert, this may indeed be an infiltration plot! Warm up the guns and load all missiles and mines ready for use! Everyone e,we search for the saboteur or prepare for combat!" He swings his sword a few times while thinking "And Gil, load up the security system entitled 'in case of infiltration'. The situation warrants direct and desperate action on our parts now."
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #225 on: November 26, 2015, 10:20:15 am »

"Thanks."  Cillian closes the canopy. "What's your name?"

"My name is Brownie Dupree," the boy answers, "What's your name?"

"Do you want to see my pet Snooky?"
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #226 on: November 26, 2015, 11:04:51 am »

"My name is Cillian."  Cillian understands that sometimes with kids, you have to repeat yourself.

"Yeah, I'd love to see your pet."

---

Outdoors 8 1d20 : 10, total 10
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 11:56:41 am by BerkaZerka »
Logged

Tanstaafl

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5277
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #227 on: November 26, 2015, 11:05:31 am »

"Aww man, so there is someone on the ship?" Ethel suddenly sobers, her movement less shaky. "We gotta rat 'em out, guys, but like, in groups, maybe. Wouldn't want them to get the drop on us or something, right?"

So if I was breaking into an inhabited ship, where would I hide... She scratches her head, then heads to the living space, and from there to the laundry room.
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #228 on: November 26, 2015, 12:02:16 pm »

"Yeah, I'd love to see your pet."

"Oh yeah," Brownie replies, regarding Cillian's name. "I forgot."

The kid must have really bad short term memory, or perhaps he just wasn't listening the first time.

He then reaches into the front pocket of the overalls he is wearing and gently pulls out a small green snake. The snake flicks its tongue in and out.

"This is Snooky. He likes to eat bugs."
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #229 on: November 26, 2015, 12:35:54 pm »

"Wow, that's so cool."  (Cillian is sincerely enthusiastic, but does not attempt to touch the snake.)



Logged

killa_robot

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5597
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #230 on: November 26, 2015, 04:01:46 pm »

Montoya looks at the fallen sheets and comes to the most obvious conclusion possible. They had been infiltrated by assassins from the secret society who were planning on sabotaging the shift as one of their assault fleets ambushed them!

He calls out on open comms.

"Gilbert, this may indeed be an infiltration plot! Warm up the guns and load all missiles and mines ready for use! Everyone e,we search for the saboteur or prepare for combat!" He swings his sword a few times while thinking "And Gil, load up the security system entitled 'in case of infiltration'. The situation warrants direct and desperate action on our parts now."

Gilbert groans at the effort that will require, but dutifully obeys his captain.
Logged

Daedalus

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6182
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #231 on: November 27, 2015, 11:01:11 am »

Jacob, kinda used with the captains antics about 'Unknown society assasins/infiltrators' doesn't place much stock in his words. Nonetheless, one doesn't survive unless being carefull, so he takes his 12mm sidearm and a smoke grenade and goes to the security room to check the cameras. Per usual, he boobytraps his room with C-4. Not enough to do any real damage to the ship but enough to make sure any possible intruder will be a dead intruder. He will ofcoure ofcourse forget to get the rest of the C-4 out of the room.

"Yeah, don't enter my chambers. The door is boobytrapped. I'm going to check the cameras." He says over the coms, knowing that any possible intruder couldent know what room was his, but the crew would.

---

Security Systems 12 1d20 : 3, total 3
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 11:24:53 am by BerkaZerka »
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #232 on: November 27, 2015, 11:21:43 am »

Gilbert groans at the effort that will require, but dutifully obeys his captain.

Montoya's secret 'In case of infiltration' security system is actually just a program that links his playlist to all speakers on the ship and plays two hours of non-stop high octane battle music - at ear shattering decibels...
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #233 on: November 27, 2015, 11:28:31 am »

At the Cameras, Jacob and Gilbert spot movement in Butch's ship. Zooming in, they see Cillian in there with another small child?

It is difficult to hear each other with all this blaring pirate music blasting through the ship speakers...
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #234 on: November 27, 2015, 11:30:43 am »

The pirate Music wakes Moonkit and Tubbs.

Moonkit runs out into the living area crying in alarm, where she meets Tubbs, who gives her his stereo headphones to cover her ears.

"What the heck is going on around here?"
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6953
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #235 on: November 27, 2015, 11:46:38 am »

Montoya nods to himself, the security system was working perfectly. Now there was a soundtrack of swashbuckling awesomeness throughout the ship so he wouldn't have to worry about activating it himself. Any enemies would obviously be taken by surprise and disoriented.

He shouts through the comms assuming someone could hear him "Anyone found the intruder?"
Logged

killa_robot

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5597
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #236 on: November 27, 2015, 02:54:25 pm »

Deciding that the ship should be able to communicate, Gilbert disables the music everywhere except for where the captain currently is (changing where the music is playing as he moves).

He'll then keep an eye on the two kids to see what they're up to.
Logged

Daedalus

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6182
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #237 on: November 27, 2015, 04:01:18 pm »

"I will talk to the kid Gilbert, see what he's doing on the ship." Jacob sighs and shakes his head while heading off for the kid(s)
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #238 on: November 28, 2015, 01:33:52 pm »

Jacob arrives on the hanger deck.

Everyone else also arrives to wherever it was that they were headed...
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #239 on: November 28, 2015, 01:35:33 pm »

Brownie puts the snake back in his front pocket.

"Oh no! Someone is coming!" he gasps, as Jacob draws near the fighter.
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #240 on: November 28, 2015, 02:35:27 pm »

"Hide!" says Cillian.  He makes sure the fighter is locked, and prepares to deal with Jacob.
Logged

Daedalus

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6182
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #241 on: November 28, 2015, 02:42:51 pm »

OOC: Assuming Jacob knows Cillians name.

BIC: "Alright kid, get out of the ship." He says in a soft and calm voice.
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #242 on: November 28, 2015, 03:34:30 pm »

". . . Why?"

Cillian takes out his Lopan and tries to read Jacob.
After which, it occurs to him he really ought to read brownie too.
Logged

Daedalus

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6182
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #243 on: November 28, 2015, 04:29:40 pm »

I dont know how much a lopan reveals, but Jacob is generally curious as to why they are there, in the cockpit. He have friendly intentions. That good?

"Both of you." He adds. "Now come out, i'd rather see who i'm talking to."
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16139
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #244 on: November 28, 2015, 04:51:41 pm »

Butch, being in the bridge with Gilbert, sits down on one of the chairs.

"Gil, you think you can check to see if there are any ships near us in Hyperspace? Dont want to be caught unaware."
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #245 on: November 28, 2015, 04:58:12 pm »

Cillian takes out his Lopan and tries to read Jacob.

Jacob's got a somewhat greedy heart. He also suffers from rare form of Dissociative Identity Disorder (Called NPC) - where it's unclear the natures of each persona; or even how many there might be.

Jacob's three highest skills are Ranged, Stealth, and Tech.
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #246 on: November 28, 2015, 05:05:53 pm »

"It's not safe out there," Cillian tells Jacob.
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 18543
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #247 on: November 28, 2015, 05:26:05 pm »

"Jacob, what he hell's going on?" Crystal asks over the coms.
Logged

Daedalus

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6182
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #248 on: November 28, 2015, 05:38:06 pm »

"It's not safe out there," Cillian tells Jacob.
"why isn't it safe out here? He asks gently.

"Jacob, what he hell's going on?" Crystal asks over the coms.
"Nothing big, just that Cillian have appearently made a friend.
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #249 on: November 28, 2015, 06:13:10 pm »

"Psst, brownie! How do you know when someone's one of them?"
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up