Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Mythic Nippon Adventure IV  (Read 172846 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Mythic Nippon Adventure IV
« on: May 14, 2014, 04:38:47 pm »

PROLOG
A Strange Messenger

Early on the morning following the Samurais' return to Sendai, Yuki Shirahata sat at breakfast in the front room of her mother’s family manor with little Kioko. As she sipped hot tea and considered what lie ahead for herself and the other time-displaced Samurai, a light rapping sound came to the door.

Seeing to the door, Yuki opened it to find no one there. Had she not just returned from a harrowing journey into the Spirit world, she might have dismissed the sound as a mischievous boy playing a prank – but activating her Sorcerer’s Sight, a small spirit came into view.

The spirit appeared as a small calligraphy brush standing upright near Yuki’s foot. Upon realizing that Yuki could see it, the spirit bowed and moved into the home, leaving a line of black ink on the ground behind it as it went along.

Kioko meanwhile, came along to see who was at the door and burst out laughing – “Oh my goodness! It’s making a mess all over the floor! Hee hee!”

Ignoring Kioko and drawing itself to a table, the calligraphy spirit flipped itself up and bowed again, before standing still.

“It wants a paper,” Kioko pointed out; and sure enough, the table it had hopped onto was indeed a writing desk.

Placing a large piece of parchment before the spirit, Yuki and Kioko watched as it hopped suddenly onto the paper and began scribing a message:

“Yuki-san, I am very glad to see that you and your fellow Samurai have made it back into the physical world and trust you have successfully recovered the Book of Secrets.”

“I am not currently at my mountain home, but will be arriving personally in Sendai one week hence. Wait for me there and alert the others of my impending arrival.”

“Uncle Yunikawa.”

Upon finishing the letter, the calligraphy spirit bowed once more and vanished back into the Spirit world.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 04:40:22 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Mythic Nippon Adventure IV
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 05:37:10 pm »

2nd Day of Spring, 1306
What next?

While it was not exactly Yuki’s nature to share everything with her fellow Samurai, something in the message from Yunikawa instilled a sense of urgency in Yuki to gather together the rest of the Samurai, to relay Yunikawa’s message; and also hash out exactly what would be done with the Book of Secrets in the one week period that they would have it with them, before needing to turn it over to Yunikawa.

As such, everyone, including Jenna the Samurai-ko and the strange Korean merchant (for some reason) found themselves in the home of Yuki’s Mother for an early lunch engagement to discuss that and other matters.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 05:38:42 pm by BerkaZerka »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 06:12:36 pm »

Yuki takes out the note that the spirit wrote and places it on the table, allowing others to read it.

cool74

• Cowboy
  • Sometimes good people do bad things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 06:23:44 pm »

Rai looks around the table and says, "Good thing we stopped kirito. I have a feeling with uncle not around those demons wouldn't take kindly to trespassers. We need to copy that book though."
Ideals are peaceful; history is violent.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 06:26:56 pm »

"Yeah, the fool would have handed over the book of the gods to the ONI. That would have been bad." Roka says simply.

"As for copying the book, it would take us ages to copy it, and none of us are proficient in that kind of thing. We'd have to hire someone to copy it." Roka says, stroking his goatee. He then thinks for a moment.

"Man, Sendai changed in the years we were gone. Crazy."

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 06:29:59 pm »

"Yeah, the fool would have handed over the book of the gods to the ONI. That would have been bad." Roka says simply.

"As for copying the book, it would take us ages to copy it, and none of us are proficient in that kind of thing. We'd have to hire someone to copy it." Roka says, stroking his goatee. He then thinks for a moment.

"Man, Sendai changed in the years we were gone. Crazy."

Rai nods his head and says, "We can't regain what time we have lost. This was a serious setback to all our plans. Roka have you found your old contacts yet?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 06:32:04 pm »

"The Oni would have taken the Book from the Priest and given it to Yunikawa; but not before they tried to get everything out of it they could for themselves first," Jenna says.

"But as for lost time, perhaps that is blessing in disguise, as you have likely been forgotten (or rather dismissed) by the gods for stealing their book by now..."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 06:36:07 pm »

"I'm not sure we should make a copy for ourselves. We probably shouldn't meddle with the knowledge of the Gods too much..." Yuki remarks.

"I'll be taking the book of secrets to be copied by the occult society after our meeting here though."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 06:44:22 pm »

"So, Yunikawa is coming in a week... Gosh, I wonder how old he's gotten" Udo says, sighing. "Eight years..." Hopefully the Gods really did forget, "Argh, this is really kind of weird haha."

Udo nods, "Korean guy, what's up with you?"
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 06:45:01 pm by Aman »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2014, 06:46:47 pm »

Rai nods his head and says, "We can't regain what time we have lost. This was a serious setback to all our plans. Roka have you found your old contacts yet?"

"Most of them. Oddly enough, I haven't seen Yone. The rest flocked to me instantly." Roka says.
"I'm not sure we should make a copy for ourselves. We probably shouldn't meddle with the knowledge of the Gods too much..." Yuki remarks.

"I'll be taking the book of secrets to be copied by the occult society after our meeting here though."

"Yes, that much is guaranteed." Roka says, nodding.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
  • Keitaro Hokusai, the Drunken Ox of Sendai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2014, 07:01:00 pm »

Udo nods, "Korean guy, what's up with you?"

"Hungry as always. I think you guys try to starve me whenever you can. But aside from that, I am great. Who is this uncle guy? I remember this book. Oh yeah, ive been working on my disguises what do you think?"

(Spend surge to activate flawless disguise technique and pretend to be Roka)
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2014, 05:13:54 pm »

"You can always just go to a restauruant or something, I don't think you could expect anyone here to feed you..." Udo replies, raising an eyebrow. He just sort of watches the man blankly, kind of confused.

"Oh yeah, I still need to thank Yone for bringing back Yoshi, hopefully we can find her."

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2014, 07:20:20 pm »

Thank you Roka. I think we need to discuss the significance of our old allies being in the temple of the Gods.." Rai says.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 07:23:22 pm by cool74 »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2014, 07:55:33 pm »

Thank you Roka. I think we need to discuss the significance of our old allies being in the temple of the Gods.." Rai says.

"We'll talk to the WuJen about that. We won't enable to figure out anything without him."

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
  • Miya Sugai (Mythic Nippon)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2014, 08:02:24 pm »

"I might be able to do it quickly, it would depend on how long it takes me to read it since it is quite thick. But it's possible I could get some basic translations out of it before we send the book to be copied by the professionals."

Miya speaks up as she moves to give a few quick looks into the strange book.
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years." -Unknown
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2014, 05:04:58 pm »

"You can always just go to a restauruant or something, I don't think you could expect anyone here to feed you..." Udo replies, raising an eyebrow. He just sort of watches the man blankly, kind of confused.

"Oh yeah, I still need to thank Yone for bringing back Yoshi, hopefully we can find her."

I've never been here before. I wouldnt even know what a restaurant looks line in this town. Any good fishing spots? I could catch my own food. I am a decently skilled fisherman and sailor."
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2014, 05:51:25 pm »

"Sendai's a port city." Roka says, simply, before turning to Yuki.

"I am fairly certain we all have personal business to tend to at the moment, so all this discussion is tiring me. Yuki, I want you to hand the book to the Order, and have them copy it. After that, if Miya wishes, she can spend the time deciphering the book. It may make the WuJen's job easier."

"We have one week(ish) until we take Kioko home. Figure out what you want to do during this period. Just don't reveal Kirito's true story."

"Any questions?" Roka asks, as he wipes the sweat off his brow.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2014, 05:55:52 pm »

"Anyone up for a boat ride? Maybe a race? Id love to see some water after spending all tthat time in the mountains. Furthermore for rescuing me I'd like to treat you all to a nice seafood dinner." He looks around at the party and then stands up.

"Any takers meet me at the port then."

He bows to his comrades and departs for the port to secure a decent fishing or sailing vessel

---

Rai meanwhile, nods to his compatirats and says, "Agreed." He then walks out and quickly catches to the odd Korean man...

---

Continued in the Recuiting Allies thread.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 12:15:21 pm by BerkaZerka »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2014, 06:04:47 pm »

"Sendai's a port city." Roka says, simply, before turning to Yuki.

"I am fairly certain we all have personal business to tend to at the moment, so all this discussion is tiring me. Yuki, I want you to hand the book to the Order, and have them copy it. After that, if Miya wishes, she can spend the time deciphering the book. It may make the WuJen's job easier."

"We have one week(ish) until we take Kioko home. Figure out what you want to do during this period. Just don't reveal Kirito's true story."

"Any questions?" Roka asks, as he wipes the sweat off his brow.

Yuki tilts her head at Roka, mildly confused.

"Well, that was the plan already... So okay." She replies.

She then looks uneasily at Miya, wondering why she would want to know what the book of secrets says.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2014, 06:19:48 pm »

"Anyone up for a boat ride? Maybe a race? Id love to see some water after spending all tthat time in the mountains. Furthermore for rescuing me I'd like to treat you all to a nice seafood dinner." He looks around at the party and then stands up.

"Any takers meet me at the port then."

He bows to his comrades and departs for the port to secure a decent fishing or sailing vessel

".... Yeah, there's no chance I'd go to a party run by him. Which begs the question, do we even care if he returns to his time period?"

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2014, 06:24:14 pm »

"It's definitely not our responsibility..." Udo murmurs, thinking about it. "But if we can send Kioko back sorta then we might as well send Lee-Korean guy back."

He nods, "Anyways, I think I'll be heading off to Mt. Fuji. Should be a 4 day trip tops, so I'll be back in time" Udo says, smiling.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2014, 08:34:17 pm »

Yuki tilts her head at Roka, mildly confused.

"Well, that was the plan already... So okay." She replies.

She then looks uneasily at Miya, wondering why she would want to know what the book of secrets says.

Miya continues to leaf through the book but skips back to an earlier page and compares the two.
 "Interesting, not that I can read it yet but there are some patterns in the book. Maybe they can help me translate it if you guys want me too. I wouldn't mind committing this book to memory."
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 12:17:36 pm by BerkaZerka »
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2014, 12:23:09 pm »

"I can take care of the Korean for you," Jenna winks with a lick of her lips. Then feigning shock at the looks she gets, she adds facetiously, "What? It's not like anyone would actually miss him..."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2014, 12:26:24 pm »

"I can take care of the Korean for you," Jenna winks with a lick of her lips. Then feigning shock at the looks she gets, she adds facetiously, "What? It's not like anyone would actually miss him..."
Roka simply shakes his head and sighs.
"That actually remind me. I'll need your help tonight. Probably." Roka says.
"It's definitely not our responsibility..." Udo murmurs, thinking about it. "But if we can send Kioko back sorta then we might as well send Lee-Korean guy back."

He nods, "Anyways, I think I'll be heading off to Mt. Fuji. Should be a 4 day trip tops, so I'll be back in time" Udo says, smiling.

".... Udo, Mt. Fugi is near Edo. That's at least a weeks trip, by boat. How the hell are you getting there and back in 4 days?"

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2014, 12:42:41 pm »

".... Udo, Mt. Fugi is near Edo. That's at least a weeks trip, by boat. How the hell are you getting there and back in 4 days?"
"I'm not going by boat, or by horse for that matter." Udo replies, his eyes aiming upwards.

"But still, are we gonna do anything about Lee-Korean guy?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2014, 12:46:14 pm »

"Anything for you tiger!" Jenna replies to Roka.

Then to Udo, she says, "Let Yunikawa send him back like he will the kid."

She then seems to smile inwardly at the thought, as if finding a subtle humor in what she had just said.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2014, 12:47:11 pm »

"I'm not going by boat, or by horse for that matter." Udo replies, his eyes aiming upwards.

"But still, are we gonna do anything about Lee-Korean guy?"

"We'll take him to the WuJen, and see what he says. If he doesn't care, we'll dump him with the Historians." Roka says, shrugging.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2014, 01:06:36 pm »

Then to Udo, she says, "Let Yunikawa send him back like he will the kid."

She then seems to smile inwardly at the thought, as if finding a subtle humor in what she had just said.
"Only difference is that, uhh..." Kioko's dead, I think, he glances at Kioko, "Umm, yeah. Nevermind haha."

Udo shrugs with as light frown.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2014, 06:39:52 pm »

9th Day of Spring, 1306
Visiting Dignitaries

The week had gone by faster than anyone would have liked.

Miya had spent a day reading and memorizing the massive tome of cryptic gibberish that was the Book of Secrets, before Yuki took it to the Order of Arcanum for them to see and make a copy of.

Almost immediately, one of the Wu-Jen tried to make a Duplicate of the book, but the spell failed – indicating that a Magical Duplicate would never be possible. Fortunately, one of the Senior Scribes of the Order knew the Ink Flowing Transcription method and was able to transcribe the entire book of secrets at an alarmingly fast pace – finishing the four hundred page plus book in just under thirty minutes.

The replica was ink on paper, rather than the original’s embroidered threads on silk, but was in all other regards a perfect duplicate.

Thanking Yuki for her service to Sendai and the Order of Arcanum, they handed the original tome back to her for delivery to Yunikawa and took their copy into the depths of the Inner Sanctum to begin working on unlocking its secrets.

As Yuki left the Grand Hall of Wu-Jen, she realized that once again, they had given her nothing for the service she had just rendered (and wondered if they ever would).

Arriving home, Yuki turned the book over to Miya (who would take a crack at decrypting it) and then decided to just relax and spend time with her mother and little Kioko, as the poor little fox girl would be leaving them in such a short time.

In turn, little Kioko showed Yuki, Miya, and Yuki’s Mother something special the next day, taking them to the garden out behind the family home with a sweet rice cake.

Trotting ahead and out into the garden, Kioko placed the rice cake on the ground, bowed, and then ran back over to the others to hold Yuki and Miya’s hands.

“See? I told you!” Kioko said with a marked satisfaction, as she peered into the garden.

Then, in the garden, a large number of radish spirits suddenly manifested visibly around the rice cake and seemed to be talking amongst themselves excitedly – gesturing here and there with their tiny sprout-like arms.

After a moment, they came to some kind of agreement and picking up the rice cake, marched in a solemn parade around the garden, complete with a drummer and two gongs.

After crossing the garden back and forth three times, they vanished again, taking the rice cake with them back into the Spirit World.

“Well, I’ll be…” Yuki’s Mother marveled, “what a prestigious honor to actually see them with the naked eye!”

---

For Miya’s part, pouring obsessively over each and every page of the Book of Secrets with her Break the Code technique, she actually began to see a pattern slowly emerging – and after working on it for nearly six sleepless days and nights, suddenly found some meaning within the text.

At first it appeared over and over again, hidden in each page – a three character alphanumeric (number, number, letter). Then, taking the more than four hundred alphanumerics and looking at them collectively, Miya found that by applying certain logarithms, a coherent sentence structure began to unfold.

Using this new information, the pages of the Book of Secrets revealed a set of sixty Shinto prayers hidden within, fourteen of which were currently unknown. The prayers themselves however, including the unknown ones, were by no means extraordinary – It seemed a rather huge waste of effort to bother encoding such widely available information.

There had to be more – the Shinto prayers had to represent a false code, written into the book to mislead those who would try to decrypt it. It was absolutely maddening! And time had run out, as Yunikawa would be coming for the book on the morrow…

---

As this went on, Roka spent the week looking up old contacts, who all seemed overjoyed to find that he was still alive – especially those of the feminine persuasion. The one person he was unable to see in that time however was his old friend Yone, who as far as he could tell, was some sort of big shot in the underground circle now-a-days – maybe even Yakuza Boss of Sendai if all the rumors where true.

He did manage to find Yone’s brother, Toru Ishida, however – who promised to pass word to Yone that Roka wanted to catch up with her sometime.

Having re-established pretty much of all his old ties, Roka then found himself dwelling on his ill-fated desire to somehow establish himself over Lilitu the Succubus. With Jenna’s ability to control minds and his newly found talent for telling outrageously compelling lies, he figured that now was a good a time as any to give it a try.

It cost a hefty sum and a few underworld favors to find an evilly aligned priest willing to summon a demon and give control of it to someone else; but there Roka was, with Jenna the Vampire Samurai-ko, Yuma the Priest of Sorrows, and Lilitu the voluptuous sex demon of Roka’s erotic haunted dreams.

It promised to be one hell of a night, regardless – and it certainly was – until it all went horribly south, thanks to Jenna getting a little too aroused by the goings on and drinking Yuma the Priest of Sorrows dry in a vampiristic blood frenzy.

When all was said and done, Roka was quite lucky that Jenna didn’t turn on him too and was actually saved by Lilitu’s Mind Control – which she used to calm the vampire back down and then sent her off to dispose of the body.

The rest of the evening was then spent alone with Lilitu in the throes of unadulterated ecstasy – once again ruining any hopes of Roka enjoying normal sex ever again…

---

Udo meanwhile, spent the week on a trip to Mount Fuji in hopes of finding a dragon or some other magnificent creature there. As it turned out, he was actually the most unusual thing to be seen there – arriving by air in the form of a great Pterodactyl.

Alighting on the rim of the sleeping volcano, Udo looked down into the basin to find nothing out of the ordinary.

Then activating Spirit Sight, he managed to spot a small cairn of piled stones not too far from where he was. Heading over and checking it out, he realized that the cairn only existed in the Spirit World and that he could not interact with it from the Physical side.

There was however, a small silver placard on the cairn with a single ancient word written on it in Old Realm – ‘Desolikus’ – though it held no special meaning to Udo.

Searching around the rim of the volcano further, Udo discovered four more cairns of similar design – each in the Spirit World only, and set out evenly along the periphery of the volcanoe’s rim from each other.

Like the first, they each had a single Old Realm word inscribed on a silver placard. In total, the five cairns read: Desolikus; Infernumis; Abysmael; Umbrunus; and Lothorum.

Having found all that the top of Mount Fuji had to offer, Udo went down the mountain and discovered a small village where he could rest before having to make his flight back to Sendai. While there, her met and spoke with some of the monks that revered the sacred mountain and asked them about the words he had seen.

None of them could say what the words were, but reiterated over and over again that Mount Fuji was the realm of slumbering gods and that they should not be disturbed by mortals nosing around where they did not belong.

The next day, Udo left Mount Fuji and (in Pterodactyl form), flew back to Sendai – arriving the day before Yunikawa was set to arrive.

---

During this same time, Rai and Lee, spent the week talking about the past and current states of Nippon and making sure Lee knew the proper protocols in current society. For now, Lee really had nowhere else to turn, and having a ‘noble born’ as an ally was not a gift to turn down lightly.

He also learned a little about the Wu-Jen Yunikawa; and that if anyone had the power to return him to his own time, it would be Yunikawa.

For Rai’s part, he spent part of the week trying to re-connect with some of his old allies, with mixed success. It seemed that while they were aware of his return and glad for it immeasurably, they were also sad to report that the unification of Ninja Clans had stalled with his disappearance (almost nine years ago) and then fell apart almost completely after the death of the Nezumi Ninja Shaman Split-Tooth.

In fact, Ninja Master Kai Shugyo and Nezumi Ninja Master Thorn were currently adversarial towards each other and all the fighting over the years had torn down and burned many of the bridges that Split-Tooth had spent his life trying to establish.

There were some serious repairs that needed to be made to these ‘bridges’ if the Ninja would ever rise to the position necessary to restore Nippon to its people.

And it now looked like it was up to Rai to step up and try to make that happen himself (at least in the proper circles for now)…

---

‘Uncle’ Yunikawa meanwhile, had come back into Sendai late in the afternoon of the 2nd, as he had said he would. Traveling with his three beautiful Samurai-ko and a large chest carried on a litter, he had been seen entering the home of the Chief Magistrate.

Jenna meanwhile, explained to Roka that she had to go now, and went without any further words to the Chief Magistrate’s house to rejoin her old master inside.

As for the Samurai, they had all gathered nearby, expecting to be summoned into the meeting with Yunikawa and Chief Magistrate Saito, but that moment never came.

Perplexed, and a little worried about their future standing in Sendai, the Samurai were met a few hours later by a messenger of the Chief Magistrate, relaying that Master Kenjiro Yunikawa would be on his way to the home of Akiko Shirahata (Yuki’s Mother) shortly, and that the Samurai and Korean Lee should all meet him there for a late dinner. Further, upon conclusion of Yunikawa’s business with the Chief Magistrate, riders would be sent to Edo to consult with the Daimyo of the Samurai’s future in Sendai.

With daylight waning, the Samurai and Lee all headed out to the Zen Archery School together, to arrive at the home of Yuki’s mother Akiko Shirahata.

No sooner had they got there however, that it immediately became clear that something was amiss!

Yuki’s Mother and little Kioko were nowhere in sight and the lights of the house were completely dark. It would not at all be like Headmistress Akiko to forget such a momentous appointment and bring shame and dishonor upon herself and her family name in so doing.

Then, as everyone approached to see what was going on, the door to the estate suddenly creaked open and a bloody hand flopped out of the darkness!

This, and only a few minutes before Master Yunikawa would arrive…
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 09:51:56 am by BerkaZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2014, 07:20:38 pm »

"What the hell?" Roka asks, shocked, as he rushes into the house.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2014, 07:36:12 pm »

Yuki rushes in behind Roka, keeping silent.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2014, 07:39:04 pm »

Udo stares at it, most definitely creeped out. He considers poking it (but doesn't) before hurrying into the house.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2014, 07:44:35 pm »

Roka, Yuki, and Udo cautiously approach the door and slowly push it open. They and the rest of the Samurai behind them can see just into the front room; which is dimly illuminated by the rising moonlight filtering in from behind.

Lying on a blood soaked floor is the headless body of the house servant with nearly two dozen stab wounds to the back. Scoring marks in the floor below the neckline indicate that the head has been removed after the body had fallen to the ground – by a back and forth sawing motion with a short blade.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2014, 07:53:00 pm »

Yuki pulls out her bow in anticipation of a fight.

"Kioko!? Mom?!" She yells into the dark house, hoping for some sort of response.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2014, 07:57:40 pm »

Glancing around, Udo activates danger sense as he draws his Demon-Naginata, as well as turning on a lantern.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2014, 08:49:03 pm »

Yuki pulls out her bow in anticipation of a fight.

"Kioko!? Mom?!" She yells into the dark house, hoping for some sort of response.

"Yuki, quiet. If they are in danger then we must be careful in how we proceed."
 Miya pulls out her bow as well but keeps a hand of Yuki's shoulder to hold her from running inside and to provide comfort to her friend in this dangerous time.

She looks inside the dark house from the crack in the door and with her powerful night-vision tries to see anything unusual inside.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2014, 09:16:31 pm »

"Shit. Everyone, get behind me." Roka says, moving foward and looking around, though he automatically activates his amaizing celerity, burning a ki point.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2014, 09:35:23 pm »

Lee does as instructed but pulls his Great bow off of his back and readies an arrow silently following Roka, but staying far enough back he would be effective to loose an arrow in battle..

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2014, 09:50:11 pm »

"Shit. Everyone, get behind me." Roka says, moving foward and looking around, though he automatically activates his amaizing celerity, burning a ki point.

Miya stays by Yuki but tries to lightly pull her back a little farther so she is not so close to the door.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2014, 01:44:32 am »

Rai moves directly behind roka being the one of the few in the company that could use his weapons easily in close quarters. He takes out his enchanted chain scythe, he also prepares to throw knives and wishpers to roka, "If we come to a door we should make sure our campannes have a clear line of sight to fire if need be.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 01:48:49 am by cool74 »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2014, 05:13:29 pm »

In spite of Yuki calling for her mother and Kioko, all remained deathly quiet.

Using their various talents and supernatural senses, the Samurai could not see or sense anyone in the front room. From where they stood, they could see that there had been a struggle of some sort before the servant had been taken down – as lots of things in the room are knocked over and upturned – leading one to believe that the servant may have attempted to flee the house before being killed...

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2014, 05:38:56 pm »

Worried now, Yuki pulls out her lopan and casts divine location, to figure out the direction of Kioko.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2014, 05:49:25 pm »

When Yuki looks at her lopan, she sees not one, but two lines.

One heads west, toward the back of the house; while the other heads north-by-north-east (which would correlate with the direction of the Naga Temple in the Spirit World).
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 05:53:03 pm by BerkaZerka »

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2014, 05:51:22 pm »

Seeing the party moving into the house, Lee uses his skills in stealth to move silently around the outside of the house looking for anything out of place. If he has time he will set up a few traps around the perimeter to go off if disturbed (make a sound like glass breaking, a bottle rolling, bell dinging etc) that will warn you the group of anyone sneaking up on them. These will be very simple traps and shouldnt take but mere seconds to improvise. He will then rejoin the party as quickly as possible unless attacked or interrupted.

surge for spirit arrows and barb (fire) just incase
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 04:27:41 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2014, 05:55:51 pm »

Lee is able to move silently around the outside of the house, placing a few simple signal snares as he goes. Arriving at the far side the grounds, he finds nothing out of the ordinary there, except that a single door in the back of the house has been carelessly left wide open...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 06:03:09 pm by BerkaZerka »

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2014, 05:58:38 pm »

Udo just cautiously walks forward in the house, going through different rooms with his lantern out. If there was anything, he'd sense it.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2014, 06:34:28 pm »

When Yuki looks at her lopan, she sees not one, but two lines.

One heads west, toward the back of the house; while the other heads north-by-north-east (which would correlate with the direction of the Naga Temple in the Spirit World).

Yuki cautiously makes her way to the back of the house, primarily because Miya seems to be preventing her from going any faster.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2014, 06:41:23 pm »

"Roka, you want to take point and enter the house? We need to figure out what has happened as soon as possible."
 Miya lets go of Yuki and moves to whisper to Roka.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2014, 06:44:37 pm »

Rai moves inside with all his senses on high alert. Following in behind Roka.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2014, 07:16:36 pm »

Lee is able to move silently around the outside of the house, placing a few simple signal snares as he goes. Arriving at the far side the grounds, he finds nothing out of the ordinary there, except that a single door in the back of the house has been carelessly left wide open...

doubtful that this was an accident, better check it...
Lee continues to move silently towards the open door, using his perception he searches for signs of forced entry.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Up